Cover Image: The Fastest Way to Fall

The Fastest Way to Fall

This book was a delightful read. I enjoyed Wes and Britta’s banter, especially before they had even met. The author did a great job at showing their connection, so their relationship never felt rushed or forced. I did find Wes’ reaction in the third act break a little confusing because the timeline I had in my head wasn’t lining up with his. Overall though, I found Britta’s outlook and realness to be refreshing, and I liked the serious topics the book delved into.
The Fastest Way to Fall follows a plus-size journalist named Britta who is reviewing a new body-positive fitness app with online coaching. Through this app, she is matched with Wes as her coach, who is also the CEO.

I liked the body positivity in this book, and the important discussions around fitness, body image, and food. But it can definitely be triggering, especially the discussions around disordered eating and addiction.

I think all of the subplots didn’t work for me. It felt like there was too much going on at times and I just wasn’t as invested.

Overall, I think this book was worth reading as it focuses on many important topics. But I don’t think I would ever reread it.

Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Love, love, loved this book! I’ve really enjoyed all of Denise’s books, and this one hit me right in the feels! She NAILED IT!
This book was such a good read. I love reaching about Full figure realistic women of color finding love in themselves and with someone else as well. Denise has a way of writing books that make you cheer on the heroine and fall in love with her in a fun way. I am mad at myself that It took so long for me to get around to this book but once I started it, I couldn't put it down! Thank-you Berkley for the ARC of this book it was an amazing read.
I really enjoyed this body positivity rom com. Both the main characters - Britta and Wes - are so easy to love and it's fun to root for them! There was some great banter and funny moments as well as some touching vulnerable moments. I loved the spotlight on body positivity and loving yourself. This is my first by Denise Williams but definitely won't be my last.
Well Britta is my new favorite heroine. I love her so, so much. Will didn’t deserve her really. I loved reading about Britta’s journey.
Ugh, I was so excited for this book and was just reeeeally not into it when I started it. As a fat woman, I want and appreciate fat representation in books. However, I struggle to read the main character in this book.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. This was an okay read but moved slowly for me and I struggled to get through it. I did like the body-positive parts of this book though.
The Fastest Way to Fall is a body positive romance between Britta and Wes. They should barely be friends and definitely shouldn't fall in love. What is it about the forbidden? Professional jobs prevent them from dating because of client/trainer relationship and she is working on assignment. There is something great about two people who are working together and both have their own professional goals in front of them. I loved these two characters and the story as a whole! Between their constant connection and their slow growth from professional to more, I was hooked. There is drama, humor, and even a great amount of angst. I love that Britta loved her body before and after and wrote about it as the time went on. I love that Wes started having feelings for her even through texts. The motivation in this book leaps off the page. Great book.
Another great romance by Denise Williams! I enjoyed the heroine's journey, as well as the relationship that develops with her health coach. The message about the importance of self-acceptance and feeling good came through perfectly!
Are you living your best life?

Britta works for a lifestyle website and has just been handed a new assignment. Sign up with an-online fitness app. Simple. Did I mention it includes an online personal trainer? But first she’ll have to go up against her closest rival, Claire. Only one will be awarded the coveted job of full-time writer. This could be the break she’s been hoping for.

Wes co-owns FitMe, an online fitness app. He’s personally decided to match himself to Rita as her on line fitness coach.

It’s not long before their online banter turns flirtatious and their relationship quickly moves off line and into the real world. But will it survive the secret of why Britta joined his fitness app?

This was a rom-com that presented characters with deeper issues. Body positivity being front and center!🙌

I always enjoy my reads by Denise Williams and this latest was no exception. Not sure why it sat on my shelf so long but that delay gave me the opportunity to pick up the audio which provided a fabulous listening experience. Both narrators really brought the characters to life.

Thank you to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group.
I really wanted to love this one, but the writing fell a little flat for me. It's say it was good, not great. I did love all of the body positivity in the book.
Fun, cheeky, and sometimes cheesy story. Denise is consistent at sticking to self love and empowerment themes with a mix of romance. I'll continue to read her books.
I really enjoyed the Fastest Way to Fall by Denise Williams. I thought she handled weight and weightloss with with skilled hand. This book has great plus-size and wellness representation. And the romance was so well written. Britta and Wes were a great pair, and Wes gave me all the swoony vibes! Can't wait for more from this author!!!
Denise Williams always writes a beautiful story and is now on my list of autobuy authors!! I connected so much with Britta!! So many of her thoughts and actions were just like mine. I have struggled with self-love and to see a character struggle but come out on the other side was so nice. I loved the chemistry between Britta and Wes & loved their story. The spice level was 👌🏻🔥🔥 🥵 Definitely would recommend this one to romance readers!! 4.75
I loved this so much!! The mental health, body and sex positive talk in this book was top notch! Such an important story about loving yourself first
I wasn't the biggest fan of How to Fail at Flirting (I know I'm in the minority there, though), but I LOVED this book. It's one of my favorite romances I've read in recent memory. Wes and Britta are immensely likeable characters, and their relationship felt genuine and unforced. Super cute.
I enjoyed this one, and it made me think a lot.  As a larger lady who does not enjoy exercise, much of the fear surrounding exercise hit very close to home.  I won't say that it changed anything inside of me because running still sounds like the absolute worst, but I appreciated the intentionality around how everything was clearly written.  Overall, it was a good second book by Denise Williams.  Her characters feel real, which is what I'm finding I'm looking for more and more.
This story was lovely, ,however I read it during the holidays as a bookseller and was TOO BUSY to write up a review in a timely manner. I really enjoyed the relationship between the characters and their banter over the fitness app. I also REALLY loved the body-positivity and the emphasized need for qualified coaches when it comes to health-related apps!
Filled with email exchanges and text messages, the banter these two developed was so flirty and fun. It was really special to have two characters connect emotionally foremost. And Britta was absolutely hilarious! I adored having snippets of her heartfelt social media posts within the chapters.

As the two form a personal connection, it begins to cross a forbidden territory that I loved. The forced-proximity workout sessions were my favourite, especially with Britta jokingly expressing her hatred. Towards the end I found the pacing a little slow, but this epilogue couldn't have been more perfect.