Cover Image: Annihilation Road

Annihilation Road

Just wow.  For anyone who has followed the Torpedo Ink series fully, we knew it would be a dark ride for Savage, so much so that Feehan prepared readers to expect his story to be spread across 2 books released in quick succession ('Annihilation Road' & 'Savage Road') - and in my opinion, this book is delivering!  Savage is a sexual sadist, and while that's not my personal kink, I thought the subject matter was handled well for both Savage and Seychelle.  I think Savage's journey is pretty realistic, given the background that has been painted for him from the onset of the series. This book does have an ending of its own, but also one that you can tell isn't fully written - enter the next addition, 'Savage Road'. Definitely will be one that can't be missed.
Savage is the most, well, savage of the Torpedo Ink members. His brothers and sisters believe that he is a time bomb, ready to go off over the smallest infraction. What his family doesn’t know is that he has a special gift. He can take pain (mental) from people, but then he takes it on himself. He knows he can’t live like this any longer. Then he meets Seychelle. Savage wonders is she’s been sent from heaven by a God that he doesn’t believe in.

I thought Seychelle was perfect for Savage. Seychelle was a true healer, just like Savage. Also just like Savage, she can take away pain & sickness, but then it transfers to her. She knows she doesn’t have long to live. Then she meets Savage.

I’m not a prude by any means, but this book was a little much for me. I understood the reasons that Savage had his particular sexual needs, but it was like a cloud that just hung over the entire book. It was this thing that you couldn’t put at the back of your mind. The book was mostly about Savage’s needs and the why of those needs. I was about halfway through the book & thought it should have ended then and there. It was just too much. I actually thought DNFing it, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. It’s the diehard Christine Feehan fan in me that couldn’t DNF it.

This book is the first of a duet within the Torpedo Ink series. I haven’t read Savage Road because I’m just not interested. It was a sad day when I realized that.

Rating: 3 out of 5.
Another amazing love story from Christine Feehan. A dark edgy and raw hero and sweet giving strong heroine brings us a contemporary beauty and the beast…a spell that can’t be broken but a beast who deserves love and a woman who understands him…can love all of him and accept his love.
Savage, a man broken as a child by pedophiles training him to associate pain with pleasure…made his satisfaction based on the need to inflict pain and make it pleasure. As we learn more about him, his gifts and why his emotional rage and pain grows and needs to be released, we grow to ache for him and love the man…hope Seychelle will choose to be all he needs.
As their relationship grows Seychelle could accept and understand Savage and the man he's become, the light and dark sides. She is drawn to helping others, her need to heal and ease others pain. Willing to accept the emotional pain and rage filling the well in Savage in physical form. What she has difficulty with is although it’s terrifying, why she is so drawn to the pain she knows will become pleasure. She frightens herself more than he does.
I love how this couple navigates the journey of their relationship, the ups, downs, how communication and honesty build the trust between them and make them determined to make it, to be all they need to be for each other.
It’s all woven beautifully through a plotline that advances the series, grows the Torpedo Ink’s standing in their chosen home, highlights the couple’s psychic gifts as blessings and curses, and deals with antagonists who allow us to compare and contrast who the real monsters are. Show how Savage differs.
It ends with them willing to move forward and I have the feeling Seychelle will grow to accept her darker longings as the balance to the light she needs to give others. Help her find control.  As she moves frther into his world she'll  make it her own. The hardest part will be the club business that she’s drawn into…being kept out of, and how to understand that part and all Savage is asked to do for them, all he does without them knowing and how she’ll willingly help him continue …excited to read Savage Road, next and see how these two continue to navigate their internal and external conflicts and keep this love story growing and going!
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Mary Jo – ☆☆☆☆

This book is the next story in the Torpedo Ink series. It is a standalone, however the reader will have a greater insight to the men and women of Torpedo Ink if they have read the entire series.

This series is a departure from Feehan's other works in that it explores what happened to the members of Torpedo Ink when they were sent to a school in Russia that was supposed to train them how to use their psychic abilities. In reality, the school was for the children of known or suspected dissidents whom the "teachers" would perform heinous experiments on in the name of science.

Torpedo Ink, formed by the survivors of the school, is a motorcycle club and its main mission is to rescue children that have been taken, stand up for those who can't, and to protect their community.

Each member of Torpedo Ink has one special psychic ability that is different from the others. Savage's ability is to pull the anger and rage from his brothers and sisters, which allows that person to think without the cloud of that rage coloring any decisions they need to make. However, Savage does not have an easy way to release all of the pent-up anger inside of him other than to inflict pain on others or himself.

When he hears Seychelle sing, a feeling of peace comes over him. Seychelle is a healer, and her ability to take others’ pain and suffering (including the illness) is slowly killing her. She has never been taught how to control her psychic abilities and her nature is to help even when it's hurting her.

Savage and Seychelle lead very different lives, and while Savage tries to stay away from, and then remain only friends with Seychelle, he realizes that she is the only one who may be able to calm his soul. And he may be the only person who can help Seychelle control her abilities so that she can live a long, fruitful life.

Feehan's writing brings the reader in slowly and lets you get to know the characters and how they feel about events as they are happening. With this book, you can see how Savage tries really hard not to fall for Seychelle as he does not want to ease his pain by marking her body.

There is a second part to this book – Savage Road – that has not been released yet.

Triggers: Extreme physical, emotional, and sexual abuse of children

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
This is the sixth book in the series – and I would definitely say that you should read them in order, as our understanding of Torpedo Ink and what the men and women have lived through to get here. It is pretty harrowing, amazing, and somehow life affirming.

Finally, the man who believes himself to be an absolute monster and the one who takes on all the pain and rage from his friends and doles out the punishments to others. Somehow his backstory is even more harrowing than that of the others, so be prepared to be shocked and understanding... and then furious with him for his behaviour too. He is flawed, but far more human than he gives himself credit for... and it is a pleasure when Seychelle gets under his skin and makes him feel. But the road is not easy to believing he has value, so the ride is not an easy one.

Seychelle is a really interesting and engaging character, with a gift that one might think of as a curse, but with Savage's help, there is hope for her, as well as intense chemistry and definite signs of love.

Great to catch up with the gang, their new loves, children, and reformed attitude to life. Enjoy!
All the guys of Torpedo Ink have something special they do. I don't know if Savage's was mentioned before, but we find out in <a href="https://amzn.to/3Gb9RMv" rel="noopener" target="_blank">Annihilation Road</a> and his fierceness is completely understandable. All the members issues are understandable, but with Savage his special gift also enhances his anger. He is a powder keg and his brothers and sisters have been getting increasingly worried about him.

Then Seychelle risks her life to save his. The minute he opens his eyes and sees Seychelle is the minute he falls down a road untraveled and steep. It was so much fun to watch the things Savage would do for Seychelle and her friends that were so awkward for him! His bad ass rep just might be on the line!

Seychelle seems to be a quiet, reserved person. But deep down there is a part of her that has been yearning for what Savage has to offer. Even if he thinks there is no way she will ever love that side of him. They are both surprised, and Seychelle is still even uncomfortable with what she is finding out about herself.

Seychelle possesses a certain gift that puts her in danger both from crazy stalkers as well as health-wise. She knows what happens, but she tries to control things herself. This is not good enough for Savage, especially with the stalker problems. Thankfully, Savage and Torpedo Ink are there to help her. She's very unsure about the club and doesn't really want to be involved, but at the same time they are incredibly helpful to her.

I absolutely loved the different sides of Savage we see in <a href="https://amzn.to/3Gb9RMv" rel="noopener" target="_blank">Annihilation Road</a>. I went into this book not really looking much stuff up about it on social media, etc., so when I hit the ending I was left with a "what the hell" kind of moment. I could see it being an ending, but really it wasn't. I thought I was going to burst with frustration until I got online and found out <a href="https://amzn.to/3HPTGEw" rel="noopener" target="_blank">Savage Road</a> was a book two of Savage and Seychelle's story. Well, that was a big relief. Their story is emotionally rough, but that is to be expected creating a relationship for someone like Savage. I loved every minute of it and you can bet <a href="https://amzn.to/3HPTGEw" rel="noopener" target="_blank">Savage Road</a> will be read as soon as available which is coming up, January 25th, 2022.
Annihilation Road is the 6th book in the Torpedo Ink series and it’s the first in a duet about Savage Pajari, the sergeant-at-arms for the MC and his love interest. Seychelle Dubois saves Savage from being hit by a vehicle and it intrigues him to meet the woman who would risk her life in order to save his. One touch, one kiss later and he knew that this was the woman for him. Save is a sadist and he never thought he would find a woman to ease his pain and be able to handle the man he was trained to become.

There was a slow and calculated build to this story because it takes time to build trust in a relationship. Seychelle is a healer and she is alone in the world. There isn’t anyone to protect herself from her own powers. Savage makes it his business to know what it would take to have Seychelle as his woman. I like the path that this story is taking because she is a woman who won’t easily submit to Savage, yet she craves the pain and pleasure aspect of what Savage offers. She isn’t sure she can give Savage all he needs and so they put the brakes on things. There is a lot of soul searching in this story along with a ton of drama from 2 individuals who won’t leave Seychelle alone.

With any Torpedo Ink story there is plenty of interaction from the other bikers and their women from previous stories and Torpedo Ink business. The author has created a diverse and interesting blend of individuals and together they are a band of brothers that make a close-knit family of misfits. There is a touch of humor but what draws me into this story is that these men and women find themselves finding a person that gets them. They find someone to love them warts and all. Annihilation Road is rough and gritty, but it is first and foremost a love story for Savage and Seychelle, and that is worth the read. The next installment arrives in January and I can’t wait to see how this story concludes.
ANNIHILATION ROAD is the long-awaited Savage's story, and it is one of the darkest of all the Torpedo Ink books. After all, Savage is known as the "Whip Master." He is a sexual sadist, though author Christine Feehan gives him a heart and conscience.

Reviewed for Fresh Fiction by Annetta Sweetko

Complete review: https://freshfiction.com/review.php?id=76245
Savage is a sexual sadist. He can’t change who is and he lives a very lonely and painful life. He and his siblings has been through a very traumatic ordeal. Savage really doesn’t think he will ever have a mate who can accept him and his past.

However, he meets Sychelles whom rescue him from a near death incident. She is the first person to really see him for who he is. The reality is startling but fascinating. The two begin a relationship that is very complex.

I admit that I didn’t read any of the other books in the series, so I was waddling through this one with a little difficulty. However, I enjoy the writings of this author and found myself once again looking to start a new series. To be honest, what attracted me to the book was the idea of bikers and the paranormal elements. I couldn’t wait to dive in.

Let’s get down to the chemistry between Savage and Sychelles. This is not for everyone! This a bit darker in nature than some readers will like. There is pain and even triggering moments. Savage is a different kind of hero so some of the cookie cutter behavior that a traditional romance reader would like is not in this book.

As mentioned earlier, the story between these two is very complex. There is a lot of background to uncover. They both have a dark past filled with a lot of trauma. Th book ends on a HEA which kind of annoys me, but I understand why the author needs more time with them. I plan to continue the series and now I must go back and read the previous books.

Overall, this is great for fans of darker reads.

~ Samantha
3.75 stars-- ANNIHILATION ROAD is the sixth instalment in Christine Feehans’ contemporary, adult TORPEDO INK erotic, paranormal romance series, a spin off from the author’s Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart series which in turn is a spin off from the Drake Sisters series. This is Savin “Savage” Pajari, and singer Seychelle Dubois’s story line. ANNIHILATION ROAD can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous story lines is revealed where necessary.

WARNING: ANNIHILATION ROAD contains scenes, and makes reference to graphic violence, rape, murder, torture, child prostitution, and abuse against children, women and men, and may not be suitable for more sensitive readers. The violence is a part of the history and lives of the Torpedo Ink crews. The eighteen original Torpedo Ink members are the sole survivors of a Russian pedophile ring, and as such work towards rescuing children and women in similar situations.

Told from dual third person perspectives (Savage and Seychelle) ANNIHILATION ROAD follows the building romance and relationship between Savin “Savage” Pajari, and singer Seychelle Dubois. Savin ‘Savage’ Pajari  and Seychelle Dubois met the day Savage saved the life of a young child as Seychelle saved the life of our story line hero. Taking the brunt of the hit, Seychelle landed in the hospital as Savage claimed our heroine as his own but all is not well with Seychelle Dubois, an empathic, psychic healer whose inability to control her powers is threatening her life. Not only is Seychelle’s life in danger but Seychelle has a couple of stalkers, stalkers who are using every means necessary to get to our story line heroine.

Savin ‘Savage Pajari is a sexual sadist; a product of the abuse,  the torture, and the environment in which he and his Torpeo Ink family grew up. Unable to watch his family suffer, Savage used his own psychic powers to ease the pain and suffering of the people he loved, but more importantly, Savage was used and abused in ways we can only imagine. Unable to leave the demons behind, Savage needs to inflict pain and suffering, and our heroine is ripe for the challenge.  Meanwhile, a rival MC is targeting the Torpedo Ink MC, especially member Alena Koval who was betrayed by a man she thought she could love.

The relationship between Seychelle and Savage is one of immediate attraction. Seychelle is an innocent who had spent her life looking after her parents, a life that is now affected by the people she once loved. With the voice of an ‘angel’ Seychelle is asked to audition with the Torpedo Ink group, a voice that can soothe and control the people who listen. Savage Pajari is a man who needs control, and his family is well aware of his sadistic nature, a side of our hero he is unable to restrain.

There is a large ensemble cast of colorful and energetic secondary and supporting characters including most of the Torpedo Ink MC family. We are introduced to Seychelle’s neighbors Doris and Inez, Brandon Campbell, Joseph Arnold and guitar player Hank. The requisite evil has many faces.

ANNIHILATION ROAD is a story of family, friendships, relationships and love; a story of obsession, power, control and denial; a tale of desperation,  domination, and sexual savagery.  The premise is detailed, emotional and heart breaking but there is some repetitive text and situations; the romance is unconventional; the characters are charismatic, dynamic and broken. Seychelle and Savage’s story continues in SAVAGE ROAD  January 2022.

THE  READING CAFÉ: http://www.thereadingcafe.com/annihilation-road-by-christine-feehan-dual-review-giveaway/

GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4407910821

AMAZON COM: https://www.amazon.com/review/R1ZMJBCDIPDA62/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B091CXMVF5

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/161071857

B&N (Sandy _thereadingcafe)posted: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/annihilation-road-christine-feehan/1139126926?ean=9780593333204&bvnotificationId=1f888b13-6b5f-11ec-b680-0edf90591cd7&bvmessageType=REVIEW_APPROVED&bvrecipientDomain=hotmail.com#review/194384095

CHAPTERS/INDIGO (Sandy_At_The_Reading_Cafe) posted

Ibooks (Sandy Sch) posted

GOOGLE PLAY (Sandy Sch) posted
I have wondered since we first started learning about our dear Torpedo Ink men, that Savage would be a tough one to write. But leave it to Ms. Feehan who created him to come up with a woman to be able to love him.
Savin “Savage” Pajari considers himself a monster. He is an assassin and is good at his job. He can get information from suspects and keep them alive for as long as needed. He knows his time is about up. He can no longer contain his rage and know there is no cure for what he lives with, day in and day out. He can draw the raw emotions from his brothers and sisters, enabling them to continue their activities. But he knew he could not continue and had begun distancing himself from everyone. Preparing to end his miserable existence.
Then Seychelle Dubois literally pushed herself into Savage’s life. She shoved him out of the road and took the fall from a truck rumbling down the road. Savage and the boy he was racing to save were okay, but this beautiful woman was down with bad road rash, a possible concussion and much more. He found himself drawn to her in a way that he had never felt before.
Savage went to the hospital and checked on Seychelle, lying to the hospital staff, telling them he was Seychelle’s fiancé so he could see her. There was something about her that spoke to him, and his body responded in a way that it never had. They visited, he kissed her, and then he walked away, expecting to never see her again.
Seychelle did not understand why she felt so attracted to Savage. His wild looks fit his name. Tattoo’s, scars, wearing his club colors, he was different than any man she had been around.
Seychelle lived her life separate from other people. She always found herself healing other people when she was out and about. She had been warned that she was wearing her body out by healing everyone, but she just couldn’t resist when she felt someone in pain. She also used her voice to calm and heal those around her. She sometimes would sing in local bars, simply because she felt the need to heal.
Savage and Seychelle met up again in a bar where she was singing, and a couple of Torpedo Ink brothers wanted to listen to her and get her to sing in their band.
From that night on, Savage and Seychelle are thrown together, and even though Savage knows that he is bad news, he cannot give Seychelle up. She makes him feel very protective of her, and yet wants to introduce her to his world, showing her a bit of his depraved lifestyle. And Seychelle is intrigued but confused as to why she responds to Savage and his need for control and obedience from her. Why does she respond to and desire the dark temptation in his eyes and his need for pain.
The road ahead is filled with obstacles and evil people. Seychelle has a stalker, and she has angered him by helping girls that he was controlling with his voice get away from him.
Torpedo Ink has multiple problems brewing with the other MC’s. Someone is attempting to create a war between clubs. Why and who? And Savage doesn’t want to expose Seychelle to Torpedo Ink business, knowing that it could put her in more danger. He is torn between the woman he has found himself in love with, and his loyalty to his club. There is so much he cannot tell her until she is fully committed to him, and that she would be committed to the club as well.
Seychelle feels cheated because everyone one knows what is going on in the club except her. She felt they were simply using her, and that they wouldn’t accept her.
Savage and Seychelle have a long road ahead of them. But with dedication and the deep love that has developed between them, I believe they can be successful.

#AnnihilationRoad, #TorpedoInkSeries
Fantastically Dark MC Read

Let’s start out first by saying that if you have a hard time handling extreme darkness don’t read because it does not deserve to get fewer stars because of this reason. With that said some of us are drawn to the writing skills that Ms. Freehand gives us with her fantastic series of the Torpedo Ink MC. This is the story of Savage who is a sexual sadist and has been fighting his demons throughout. A very special woman comes into his life that could help Savage with his past if only he’ll let her. Seychelle has special powers as well that would prove very useful with the members of Torpedo Ink.

To say that this story drew me in is an understatement. For me I felt extreme sadness as to how the members of Torpedo Ink were raised up from children to become child assassins. Their pasts consumed me but I admire the way they have changed their lives to helping others and trying to overcome what they endured. I have loved each and every member that I’ve read in this series and it has become one of my favorites. I always look forward as to what Ms. Freehand can bring me in more of the Torpedo Ink series.
The next in the Torpedo Ink series Annihilation Road is a strong entry.  Savin “Savage” Pajari feels that he is truly a monster and not worthy of love. Seychelle Dubois is a strong female that need protection from her own gifts.  It was fun to see some of the other characters from the Drake sister series in this book.  This is a great read for those who like happy endings.  I know that the next one in the series is a continuation of this story but a bit darker in theme.
Annihilation Road is the 6th book in the Torpedo Ink series and it’s part one of Davin Pajari a/k/a “Savage” and Seychelle’s story. This first book brilliantly set of the backstory of the two main chatacters. Savage is such a complicated and tortured character who needs his story fully told and it’s no wonder it will take two books to do justice to his experiences.

Similar to his fellow Torpedo Ink brethren, Savage was “raised” in an orphanage in Russia wherein daily brutality and horrid torture broke many of the children. Now adults, the seventeen TI members, all trained assassins with nightmare memories of their own, have banded as a MC club and settled in an idyllic sea side town near Sea Haven

Savage has a propensity for violence. Although a sexual sadist, he hates being touched and feels nothing but self loathing and welcomes death as he runs out in front of an oncoming truck to save a child. But instead of the Angel of death, salvation appeared in the form of small woman who pushed him and the small boy in his arms to safety.

Seychelle Dubois is such a remarkable woman with healing gifts that beckons Savage’s shredded soul back to the light. It is no easy job, Savage needs a lot of emotional and mental work. But when their eyes connected as she lay injured, Savage felt his dying soul ignite with life. Despite trying to stay away, Savage is drawn to Seychelle; he can’t forget her.

It was great to touch base with other members of the club, especially with the club’s president Czar and his wife Blythe who have rescued and adopted five children from the horrors of being sex trafficked and abused. I fear these children will grow up as broken adults, their nightmares following them into adulthood. But it’s a blessing these abused children have the love, guidance, and protection of the club.

The slow build to this relationship was beautifully done. I am rooting for Seychelle and Savage to navigate this rough road together, towards their HEA and looking forward to reading the rest of their story in Savage Road.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
*3.5 stars*

Touch of paranormal and a whole lot of family…

This author knows how to build a world that you can get lost in! Savage and Seychelle were so different yet, once they found each other, they fit together and within the Torpodo Ink family naturally. Their courtship included a lot of heat but also a lot of conversation. There was a lot to work out and neither was afraid to talk to it out…

Savage’s past had shaped him. Doesn’t life do that for everyone? Seychelle the same. Very different, they had opposite takes on how their relationship would be. Or even could be. The chemistry between them kept them going, even when they struggled with each other and people who couldn’t let them be. Danger found them but so did love and, despite all Seychelle’s (mostly) fears, they were going to find a way. If a bit repetitive in spots, I like the characters, the family they created out of a bonding, life and death past.

I’m always up for another visit with this rough, tough, yet loving, MC family and am looking forward to the next!
Savage runs with a biker gang known as Torpedo Ink. They are in fact more like family since they all went through something very horrible as children. They have each others backs and celebrate when a member finds their one person. Savage is a killer and a sadist but he's that way because the people who kidnapped him and killed his family made him that way. He never thought he'd find a woman who would love him because he's very broken.

Seychelle has a gift that lets her heal people somewhat or at least help them live longer if they are very sick. She can also feel what they are feeling and help if they are anxious, mad, or feeling other emotions. She's a singer but there's a guy who thinks he controls where and when she can sing and she's not happy about it. So when some of the guys of Torpedo Ink ask her to sing at their club, she says she'll think about it.

Seychelle runs into Savage when she spots him trying to save a child from getting hit by a vehicle but he's not gonna make it out of the way in time until she pushes him out of the way and gets hurt herself. Savage can't believe someone risked their life for him so he goes to the hospital to see her and is instantly attracted to her which doesn't ever happen to him. He tries to leave her alone because he knows he's broken and any woman who he ends up with is going to have to deal with his demons.

They spend time together and Savage is pretty upfront with her about what he needs but she knows because she catches glimpses of what he does when the rage in him gets to be too much and he needs a release. Each member of Torpedo Ink was trained from a young age to be killers and their paranormal gifts were honed and they were trained to use them which helped them survive the hell they were put through. Now they seek out pedophiles so they can save the child victims and kill the offenders. That's what they've been doing in some of the other books. Unfortunately, all of the members are a little messed up mentally because of how they were raised and the abuse, torture, and hell they went through as children.

Seychelle has made enemies of a couple of different guys because she wasn't easily persuaded and helped a woman who was in trouble and now a couple of guys have her in their sights. So while Savage and Seychelle are getting to know each other better the club members are also keeping her safe.

This is the 6th book in the Torpedo Ink series and I have been looking forward to this book the most because Savage seems like the most broken. He's a sadist, his nick name is whip master for a reason. There are actually going to be two books just about Savage because one book couldn't do him justice and I'm looking forward to that one as well even though I have a feeling it will be more in-depth in regards to Seychelle and Savages relationship and how he's "training" her to like and accept the pain that he needs.

This book and this series isn't for everyone. The guys can be crass, rude and rough because they use a lot of bad language and can be quite graphic. Because of all these things I wasn't sure that this series was going to be for me but I just keep coming back to read each book because I've gotten to know these characters and what they've been through and how hard they've tried to put the torturous childhood they had to some use and when they find that one person they were meant to be with, it's nice to see them get a little happiness in their lives for once.

This isn't an easy read but Savage is so much more than a sadist. He's also a guy who cares a lot about his club members. We get to see what his gift is and how he's been using it without them even knowing it. After that bombshell explodes, we see why Savage is so full of rage and in need of an outlet to release it. I would definitely read this series in order otherwise you might be a little lost.

Disclosure: I was given an E-arc of this book via NetGalley but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Annihilation Road is the sixth book in the Torpedo Ink series by Christine Feehan. A steamy paranormal romance full of drama and suspense. The characters are well-written, with intriguing backstories and heated chemistry.   Annihilation Road is a complete story; however, another book forthcoming (Savage Road) completes their journey.
Intense...
Savage is that and much more so when he gets shoved yes... Seychelle did so much more than shove him out of the way of a truck... She shoved him into wanting more for the first time in his dark life.
Seychelle has led a sheltered life and what she senses inside Savage startles her to say the least. But she isn't afraid... She wants this... him...
Every member of Torpedo Ink has a special ability and finding the light to their dark is a slippery slope. Savage knows he has found his light but can she handle the truth of what is to come?
Dark, Twisted, and Savagely good reading! More, please!
Annihilation Road is the sixth novel in Christine Feehan’s Torpedo Ink series. This is Savage’s story. Readers won’t only get one book, but two books this time around for Savage and the woman he falls in love with within his book. (Don’t worry, the next book releases January 2022.)

Storyline/My Thoughts: I was a little taken aback by having two books for Savage, but after reading Annihilation Road, I was left with more questions than answers. Now, I know why Christine Feehan has two books for Savage. Savage is Reaper’s brother and the Torpedo Ink’s other Enforcer. He’s a sadistic monster who doesn’t believe a stranger risks her life for his one day. It confuses him that this woman would save him. Now, he has become intrigued by her and wants her in his life. However, he’s hesitant to let her see the real him because it may end up scaring her away.

Seychelle Dubois is trying to live her life until she saves Savage, and he won’t leave her alone. She gives him one kiss, which has him wanting her in his life permanently. The minute these two get to know each other, they realize they are complete opposites. Seychelle isn’t sure of Savage and his way of life, especially in the bedroom. Savage realizes that Seychelle may have her own abilities that may do more harm than good, especially physically and mentally.

Things I enjoyed about this book:

I liked getting to know Savage a little more. He went through a lot and now is dealing with everything he went through. His Torpedo Ink team doesn’t realize what he does for them. He’s one character that either a reader will like or dislike. In my case, I’m learning more about him and feel for his character. Now, I do have a dislike for something he did in this book. I’ll go into detail about my dislikes below.
I was intrigued by Seychelle’s character because she has abilities that help others. There is a negative impact on her when using the powers, but she will learn to use them.
I love how Christine Feehan has characters from the previous series in the Torpedo Ink books. For instance, the Drake sisters appear in the books because this series is in the same setting. I still need to read those books, and I plan on it soon.
Things I didn’t like in this book:

I know I said above that I liked getting to know Savage, but he did something that made me dislike his character in the beginning when he was first winning over Seychelle to be in his life. He should’ve communicated to Seychelle instead of seeking out someone else. I’m glad Seychelle put her foot down with him, but Savage should’ve known for a relationship to work; communication is the key.
There was some repetition in the story, especially when he came to Savage voicing what he needed in the bedroom with Seychelle. I know it’s because Seychelle is hesitant about what Savage is looking for in their relationship.
Seychelle did drive me crazy with her naivety at times. She lived a very sheltered life. (She left her place and car unlocked, driving Savage crazy.) There was also the issue of trusting people when she shouldn’t and not knowing that bad people had plans for her.
There is so much going on in this book that doesn’t involve only Savage and Seychelle. There is the drama of another club causing issues with Torpedo Ink.

I give this book 3.5-stars, and I look forward to reading Savage Road, which continues Seychelle’s and Savage’s story. Hopefully, these two will trust each other’s wants and needs in their relationship. Seychelle’s going to learn that Savage didn’t have an easy life growing up, so she’ll need patience. Savage will also need patience with how Seychelle handles everything in the club.

Standalone or Part of Series: It’s part of the Torpedo Ink series, but it could be read as a standalone. You’ll miss out on the previous books, though.

Steaminess: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 💫

Trope(s): Instant-Love/Attraction; Opposite’s Attract

Triggers: Cheating, Kidnapping, Emotional/Mental Abuse, Trafficking, Sadism in the bedroom, Rape, etc.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, if you’ve read the previous books in the Torpedo Ink series. I also recommend to Christine Feehan fans.
Savage fights his demons daily. He hangs on because he must. He doesn't expect anything other than to survive.  But then he meets Seychelle. Can she lead him into the light?
Annihilation Road is sixth in Christine Feehan's Torpedo Ink series.  I love Savage. He struggles and all his brothers know it. His demons are winning and he really doesn't care. And then Seychelle saved him. She brings a joy Savage didn't know was possible for him. But can she accept him as he is? Can she accept herself?
I thoroughly enjoyed the journey Ms. Feehan took us on as we learn just who Savage is.  And holy heck is Savage quite the man. I loved seeing Ms. Feehan pull back the layers that make up this complex man. And Ms. Feehan doesn't stop there. The woman that catches his eye is equally complex.  Her journey to acceptance isn't easy or even pretty at times.  I love that she struggles to accept not only Savage, his family but also herself.  What an unexpected twist that brings to this many layered tale. I mean we have been conditioned to believe Savage wasn't quite irredeemable but darn near close. I love that Ms. Feehan shows us that Savage is much more than we have seen. I adored seeing him through the eyes of not only Seychelle but also her friends.  I love seeing that even as we thought Savage had accepted his demons he wasn't as comfortable in his skin as we have been led to believe. I love that even as he moves closer to acceptance he must also help Seychelle accept her needs and desires. I adored the journey Savage and Seychelle embarked on.  This was a well written story full of unexpected twists as well as characters full of emotional landmines.  I cannot wait to see what happens next as Savage and Seychelle continue their road to a life together.
Annihilation Road continues the dark story of the members of Torpedo Ink. This series has become a favorite of mine because it blends a touch of paranormal with a fraction of darker romance. The men of Torpedo Ink have lived lives that will haunt them. If you haven't heard of this series before, please check out the trigger warnings if you have triggers.

Annihilation Road is the first book in the series to be a "cliffhanger" of sorts. I will say it isn't one of those SHOCKING type cliffhangers. You know the ones-someone just got shot or kidnapped and the book ends. But, it does have a lot of unanswered questions. Thankfully, Savage Road releases in a month, so you won't have to wait long.

Savage is possibly the darkest of all the characters we have met so far. This book is a dark dive into a kink that might make some readers (me included) confused. However, if you read the story as an observer to another couple's love story and sort of distance your own feelings, Savage and Seychelle have a deep love. Once I stopped projecting my thoughts onto Seychelle, I could appreciate the story more!