Cover Image: The Art of Cooking with Cannabis

The Art of Cooking with Cannabis

I tried reading Cooking with Cannabis, but it didn't grab me. I don't know if it was the mood I was in or the style.
The photographs are stunning, the recipes written by chefs. While I don't know the chefs that wrote the recipes, I find this a very elegant cookbook and a must have for people that eat edibles, use the oils and use Cannabis. I truly found this book educational, informative, and worthwhile!
Pleasantly surprised by how informative about the use of CBD, hemp and THC in cooking this book was.
While I haven't tried any of the recipes they all look really nice and could easily be made without the CBD oil.
As someone who has suffered from a chronic pain condition for most of my life I have been intrigued by the use of CBD as a health aid. Unfortunately I'm not a lover of the taste of the CBD products I have tried but it would be really interesting to see how these recipes taste with it added in.
Date reviewed/posted: June 4, 2021
Publication date: May 25, 2021 .. it is out.

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle.!

125 mouthwatering recipes featuring CBD, hemp, and THC from organic farmers, award-winning chefs, artisans, and food producers across the country.

More than a cookbook, The Art of Cooking with Cannabis is a valuable resource for new inspiration and excitement surrounding cannabis, food, and responsible consumption. Tracey Medeiros introduces the reader to dozens of organic farmers, award-winning chefs, artisans, and food producers who are leading the green revolution by doing their part to demystify cannabis and its culinary use. Individual profiles contain stories from the book’s contributors who come from rural and suburban communities and bustling cities across this nation. These folks have generously shared their personal struggles and successes which have led them to understand the many health and wellness benefits of the cannabis plant and its important role in society.

From chemistry to culinary, the book contains 125 mouthwatering recipes, such as:

*Chicken Kale Meatballs with Cherry Tomato and Pesto Sauces from Chef Jordan Wagman
*Avocado Mash with Nori and Cucumber from Chef Michael Magliano
*CBD-Infused Vegan Gluten-Free Miso Broth from Jessica Catalano
*THC- and CBD-Infused Smoked Cheddar with Green Chili Stone-Ground Grits from Chef Kevin Grossi
*Sh’mac and Cheese from Carly Fisher
*Vegan No-Bake Cashew Cheese Cake from Chef Maria Hines

Simple and beautifully presented spirit-free and spirit cocktails such as “The 700 Club” and “Rebellious” are also featured in the cookbook from contributors including Entente Chicago and Prank Bar.

Recipes are divided into three categories—CBD, Hemp, and THC—each adapted to meet the reader’s cooking and tolerance levels. Insightful sidebars offer informative tips and “how-to” guidance, helping the cook to use cannabis with ease and confidence.

Okay, I have never heard of any of those chefs, but nonetheless, this was a smoking good book. I get asked for recommendations for edibles all the time and this book makes nicer things than candy and its HFCS. The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there.

I especially love the book because it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better.  My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!)

I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, and anyone who is asking about ediles that are not necessarily sugar-laden.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲