Cover Image: Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection

Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection

This book was received as an ARC from Quarto Publishing Group – Walter Foster, Walter Foster Jr in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

At first I was disappointed that there was not a step by step breakdown of how to draw our favorite Disney characters but when I re-read the beginning and how this book is based on simple shapes in order to draw the characters, that provided a sigh of relief that my question was answered. Disney books are very popular with our young readers and almost our entire children's collection is comprised of at least a few Disney books. I know a lot of our young readers are going to want to learn to draw their favorite characters and I can't wait to see their reactions and hopefully a program will be constructed from this book too.

We will consider adding this title to our JNon-Fiction collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
I absolutely love kids' drawing books - they're so fun and relaxing! This book was a really good one, full of all my favorite furry friends from Disney. The book opened with some pages about drawing supplies and some basics of technique, then it jumped into the characters. The drawings were super cute and colorful. They were broken down into step by step instructions, starting with basic shapes, then connecting and filling out the shapes to form bodies, then adding the finishing touches of detail and color. Each picture was 3-8 steps long with each step building on the last. They were fairly simple, I think anyone - adult or child - could follow this book and create some recognizable characters. I think this book will be a big hit with Disney lovers and is probably flying off the shelves. This would be a great gift for the artistic Disney lover in your life. I'm not an artist by any means, just a hobby drawer, and if I can do it, you can, too.
Thank you to Quarto Publishing and Netgalley for an eARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection: Featuring all your favorite Disney animals, including Stitch, Thumper, Rajah, Lady, and more will have Disney fans running for their pencils and paper. Each of the animals have their own pages, with drawing instructions for such furry favorites as Pluto, Bambi, Marie, Abu, and Pua, just to name a few. The colorful pages are very inviting, with drawings that illustrate each step.

There is very little by way of instruction, as well as no tips or hints to help beginners master the drawings. I wish there was more explanation for each step, as a written description would go a long way. The numbered illustrations are just not enough, nor is the finished picture. Budding artists must guess as to which colors to use to finish the drawing because there is no accompanying list. I see the Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection as a family activity, as this book is more advanced than most children's abilities. Overall, this drawing book would be a good addition to any family library, especially one filled with Disney fans.

Disclaimer: I was given an Advanced Reader's Copy of Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection by NetGalley and the publisher, Walter Foster Jr. The decision to review this art book was entirely my own.
Super cute fun drawing guide, I really enjoyed the variety of characters and how well the steps are laid out
Ich konnte es mir nicht anschauen oder lesen da es im Netgalley Reader nicht zu sehen ist und wahrscheinlich archiviert wurde
In today's world of technology, it is important for both children and adults to have access to tools to help them explore the world of artistic expression. The book Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection is just such a tool, and an excellent one at that. Lovers of Disney and artists of various ages and levels of knowledge will certainly enjoy this step by step delightful instruction book. This book is perfect for gifts, families, or individuals who want to creatively express themselves, enjoy a creative hobby, and have fun. Thank you to Quarto Publishing Group - William Foster for the Advanced Reader's Copy and opportunity to provide my review.
#LearntoDrawDisneyFurryFriendsCollection #NetGalley
Thank you Netgalley for letting me read this book in return for an honest review.

This is a fun little book that helps people learn how to draw a selection of Disney characters. The only small downfall is that it just teaches you one position of each character so it can be a little limiting, however, it is a great book to start off with!

Rating: 4.5⭐
Would I Read It Again? Yes
Would I Recommend it? Yes
I'm a BIG Disney fan, so this book was right up my alleyway. I'm not the best artist though, so my attempts at drawing weren't amazing... That being said, this book is incredible for helping you learn how to draw the animals! I do recommend having a dash of artistic nature in you though, or else you'll be laughing like I did when my animals turned out... kind of looking like Disney creatures? I'm more musically inclined than artistically (at least with drawing and painting...).

Each animal comes with some steps for how to draw them. For example, Pluto gives you four steps. Other animals give you six or more steps, especially when they get a little more complex. It seems relatively simple enough, but you need to have some artistic abilities in you to pull it off. Still, the steps make it easy to see how they came up with the animals. It's really cool!

My personal faves? Figaro, Thumper, The Chesire Cat, Lady, Stitch, and Marie!

Also, I just realized with this book that Prince Philip and Philippe the horse (from Beauty and the Beast) have basically the same name. Neato!

Overall, little artists (and big ones too!) will love this book. It's a great way to learn how to draw famous characters.

Three out of five stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.
Geared toward elementary school age children, this book is also beneficial to all ages wanting to learn to draw. Being able to draw favorite Disney characters is icing on the cake. A materials list is included along with step-by-step instructions. My 7 year old granddaughter loved the book. The steps were easy for her to understand and follow. Being able to do projects together was an fun additional bonus for both of us. We both enhanced our artistic talents (of which I had zero previously) by reading this book.
Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group-Walter Foster Jr. for this advanced review copy. In return, I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection is a new tutorial guide for artists of all ages from the Walter Foster Jr. creative team. Due out 27th July 2021 from Quarto on their Walter Foster Jr. imprint, it's 64 pages and will be available in paperback format.

There are a bunch of these paperbound magazine format 64 page tutorial series aimed at all-ages, but especially younger artists. They are full of fun, recognizable, skills building tutorials and will keep kids (and adults) engaged for hours. This book includes classics from Bambi, Aristocats, 101 Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, Lion King, and several others. There are 18 tutorials in all. All of them are accessible by beginners+.

The book contains an abbreviated introduction with an overview over tools and suggested supplies. Basic drawing instructions and information on tools and materials should be learned elsewhere. What this book does well are the step-by-step line drawn character tutorials. Each of them is 3-8 steps long with each subsequent drawing step highlighted in blue lines.

The typesetting and page layout are upbeat and appealing with a sense of movement and animated feel to them and light vibrant colors which highlight the simple line drawings so they feel dynamic and attractive.

This is a cute book which would make a nice gift for a budding young artist, especially if it were bundled with a roll of drawing paper and some pencils/markers, etc. It would also make a good choice for adults who spend time with children and will appeal to a wide audience. Many of the characters will be welcome in drawing sessions with small humans; thus will find use for child minders, parents, educators, and others who spend time with kids.

Four stars.

This was so easy to follow/duplicate. This would be ideal for anyone who loves Disney and/or loves drawing. Such a fun rainy day activity.
My whole family loved this book. The directions were easy to follow for both children and adults. We all especially loved learning how to draw Stitch!
A very easy step to.step book on how.to.draw disney characters. Its fun to do with the kids or just try it yourself
A small book with fabulous illustration and quick instruction on how to draw your favorite Disney characters. The instructions are given with directional lines, which are built on to form the characters. There are Pluto, Bambi, Figaro, The Cheshire cat, Lady and the Tramp, Baloo, Stitch, Pua and more. It does not take long to get a grasp of the drawing and capture the movement and charm in the characters.
This is really ci=ute  and un full color. Each character is broken down into steps. Yu can see how the pencil lines help you draw and create a character.. I would give like step by step instructions on what to do first for perspective and sizing..
If you drawing is best promoted by looking at the steps, this is a great Disney book for you!
Very cute pictures that are sure to have it fly off the shelves for any Disney fan. The drawing instructions are sparse, especially for a juvenile drawing book. Younger fans might get frustrated if they want a perfect rendition of their favorite character. But any child with even a passing familiarity with how-to draw books will enjoy working on the characters. Recommended for collections with a popular drawing section.
Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection
Featuring all your favorite Disney animals, including Stitch, Thumper, Rajah, Lady, and more!
By Walter Foster Jr Creative Team
by Quarto Publishing Group – Walter Foster

I want to thank the publisher and NetGalley for letting me read this adorable and educational book! I love Walter Foster books!

This book is a learn to draw book of all your favorite Disney animals! They are in a step-by-step in about 6-9 steps you will have them completed. Then the last picture shows a colored picture so you know how to color them. This uses the basic shapes method. Instructions and drawing for each step.

Characters to learn to draw include:
Pluto
Simba
Meeko
Stitch
Pua
Great fun for just about anyone!
Hi, sorry, I tried to read this one but something has gone wrong with the formatting/download. Most of the pages are blank- I can see the table of contents page and a couple of pages, eg. Bambi on page 15, but no instructions on how to draw. Page 28 is upside down and crooked.
Learn to Draw Disney Furry Friends Collection is the perfect beginner drawing book for Disney fans and children.  It is full of familiar characters and offers clear step by step instruction for drawing them with good results for the complete beginner.  The pages are colourful, eye catching and easy to follow.  It is the perfect rainy day project to do with children too.  Overall an excellent gift book.
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* Pretty cute but short how to draw book, good for young kids but only shows one pose per character.