Cover Image: The Dawn and the Prince

The Dawn and the Prince

The third book in the Kingdom of Curses and Shadows, The Dawn and the Prince is a wild, adventurous ride filled with danger, tons of action, and many moving parts. The story picks up where The Curse and the Prince left off. Griffin is separated from Zora, and he finds himself in the most dangerous position yet. Zora, with the help of some unlikely allies, searches for a way to help Griffin and the kingdom, and her quest proves just as life-threatening as Griffin’s.

The story is told from multiple perspectives, which works well in this story. A lot is going on, and reading things from different points of view offers a clarity that you probably wouldn’t get with only one perspective. Since different characters’ paths are going in different directions, the varied points of view give a well-rounded view of what’s happening with each of them at the same time, and their experiences are all dangerous and intriguing!

The major characters in the story continue to grow and change. Zora, Griffin, Riadne, and Larzen have all been through so much, and they continue to face insurmountable obstacles. I like how they’ve all become more confident in themselves and each other. They all show such strength throughout the story and prove that there are many different ways to show one’s strength and heroism. Each character is well-developed and layered, and I enjoyed their individual and collective stories.

In the last book, the focus was on trust, and it continues to be a focus in this book. Zora has tentative allies, whom she doesn’t fully trust, and her allies don’t trust each other. Griffin is on his own with no one to trust. This all makes for some tense situations. However, another focus of the story is on hope – the hope of reuniting, the hope of a better future, the hope of finding keys to the past, the hope of survival, and the hope of a better future. Each character goes through extreme internal and external conflicts, and they cling to hope to see them through. I like that, even in the darkest moments, the main characters never give up on themselves or each other. However, they don’t rely solely on hope. These characters take action!

There is no shortage of excitement and suspense in this story! It is so intense, and there are moments when I wasn’t sure who would make it out alive. Zora, Griffin, Riadne, and Larzen face shadow creatures, villainous enemies, curses, and other deadly threats, and there is never a dull moment!

Another strength of the story is the immersive setting. The world-building in this series is fantastic and takes the reader on an amazing journey. Each place in the characters’ journey is unique to the others and is described in a way that is easy to visualize. Leitao created a vivid and original world that I found fascinating. I couldn’t wait to see what happened in each new place the characters went to and was excited when they returned to some of the places they traveled to in past books.

As this is the third book in the series, I would recommend reading the first two. It is not a standalone. It is a great series for readers who like YA fantasy with tons of action, well-developed characters, and two love stories! I’m so thankful to NetGalley and Day Leitao for a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.
This final book wrapped up everything quite nicely! Larzen has been my fav character since the first book where he got little parts, but he stayed my fav until this final book :)

<< Review copy received via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review. Thank you! >>

Error uploading to Goodreads for no ISBN (?) so here is link to my Goodreads review :
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with this eArc!

I read the first and second book a while back and so it was a pleasant surprise to find this available to request. I really liked this! A solid read!
I have not yet read this book. But the synopsis was really great. I ordered the first two books and am really interested in the series. I have not been able to get to them yet so I don’t want to spoil the ending.
An enjoyable conclusion to the series! Continuing where the previous novel left off, Griffin finds himself separated from Zora and the others. He finds himself in a rather precarious situation, having to play a dangerous game if he wants to get back to Zora and the others. Zora and the others have their own adventures, trying to discover the truth from the past to stop an unknown evil. More truths are revealed throughout the novel. Trust is difficult to come by and to save the world, they must work together to overcome their differences. Their travels take them through dangerous territories, where they have to fight to survive and gather information, to which they need to figure out how to use it to save everyone. But what will each have to sacrifice to take down the enemy?
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher as an ARC. Thank you! All thoughts and opinions are my own,
Day Leitao did it AGAIN!!
THAT ENDING!! WOW

The Curse and the Prince kept up to my expectations and didn't dissapoint at all. She knows how to keep her readers entertained and hooked in the story, there's plot twists that i didn't see coming, the characters are amazing and i never got bored.

I was so excited to read this sequel since i really liked the first book, i'm glad the wait wasn't much. I binge read it, it was so addictive, i have to admit that i was kinda in a reading slump and this book made the difference, personally i like the plot because it involves magic, action, adventure, romance, some mystery and fierce protagonists with a touch of humor, so basically all the elements i like in one book, i felt like if i was reading Throne of Glass which is one of my favs.

I kinda like this one better than The Cup and the Prince, since the story is more unfolded, it has new and different povs, the plot twists catched my interest and the worldbuilding is great. I really enjoyed Riadne's pov, she's def my fav. her backstory is interesting, also Allegra's there's still much to know about her and her intentions. I liked Larzen more, and the fact that Zora's and Griffin's relationship didn't feel rushed, i like how Day Leitao dealt their realationship. The whole stuff about the cup, the ancient curse, other kingdoms, dark magic and creatures, family secrets, they're all entwined somehow and i love it. Lastly, that ending killed me! i didn't even saw THAT coming either!.

I definetely enjoyed this book, i'm more than excited to read the final book and to know how it all will unfold and end. Hoping for the best! :D
I think this book was my favorite out of the series. Zora has come a long way and I’m happy that Griffin and Zora finally got their happy ending. Since The Prince and the Cup I was intrigued by Larzen’s character. Let’s just say Larzen and Riadne stole the show for me in this one! I loved the complexity of Riadne’s character and the surprising development in her relationship with Larzen was the icing on the cake.

Thanks NetGalley for the eARC!