Cover Image: The Liz Taylor Ring

The Liz Taylor Ring

A charming book about the Schneider family and the huge, magical adventure  and a large diamond ring that shaped their lives and their parents lives. The 3 siblings come together when it appears that the long missing diamond has been found.  It has been lost, found, replaced and possibly stolen, yet it turned up in a vault in the Caymans.

Despite being estranged, Nathan and Addy, reengage with wayward sister Courtney.  With many ups and downs, they fight with each other and ultimately come together. Not only will the reader enjoy this story, but Janowitz’ explanation of the connections to Liz Taylor will engage those of us who were fans and lived through the tumult of her relationship to Richard Burton and her jewelry.

Another novel which highlights a missing gem, THE IMPERFECTS, by Amy Myerson, should also be read by those enjoying this novel.

Thank you Netgalley for this lovely read.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle by Harlequin Trade Publishing, Graydon House and #NetGalley for my honest opinion.

Well crafted characters written as if you know them personally. A story that’s beautiful, epic, full of family secrets and saga.
4.5 stars for THE LIZ TAYLOR RING by Brenda Janowitz, out wherever books are sold on March 1st, 2022.

Malibu Rising meets an Elin Hilderbrand novel in this dazzling family drama.

I adore Brenda Janowitz’s theme of weaving an iconic piece of Old Hollywood into modern day storylines for her most recent novels. This time, she shines a light on Elizabeth Taylor’s iconic ring that was given to her by Richard Burton after their separation.

Lizzie and Ritchie follow their namesakes reputations as a tumultuous relationship. They are madly in love, but Ritchie has his vices. After years of frustration, Lizzie needs space and she separates from Ritchie. But, their love is magnetic and they find their way back to eachother. To celebrate their reunion, Ritchie gives Lizzie a diamond ring. To their children — Addy, Nathan, and Courtney — this represents the love story of their parents, but what they don’t know is the secrets that come along with it. We follow each of them as they uncover their parents pasts, mistakes, and earthquakes.

THE LIZ TAYLOR RING was an engaging novel that I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finished. I love the brief chapters, the multi-POV, and the family drama. I can’t wait to see what Brenda Janowitz does next… Audrey Hepburn? Marilyn Monroe?

I look forward to sharing this forthcoming title with our blog audience and will keep it as a contender as a future pick for our monthly book club.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
I loved the premise and that gorgeous cover! However, the story was a tiny bit of a let-down for me. Generally I love family sagas, but I had a hard time becoming invested in these particular characters. The author did a lot of telling versus showing, which made the narrative feel very surface-level rather than immersing us in scene. I do appreciate the character development as the story progresses.
Addy, Nathan and Courtney are siblings who’ve all kind of drifted apart (more so Addy and Nathan have drifted from Courtney).  When they get a phone call about a safe deposit box in the Cayman Islands, Addy and Nathan are forced to interact with Courtney.

I don’t want to give too much away, but I loved seeing the 3 siblings grow closer.  Also Addy loosening up, my goodness, lol!!

I truly loved how the different timelines came together and the past kind of healed the future.
A wonderful read a book about family love and a large diamond ring.Brenda Janowitz never fails to write characters story lines that draw me on.I was caught  up in the family the family drama from the first pages.#netgalley #harlequin
What a remarkable novel! The enticing love story of the Schneiders  is the driving force behind this story, and the ring that signifies their love leads the reader to present day’s complicated relationship between their children. They are still living in the shadow of their larger than life parents, and the ring might just be the key to solving their life puzzle.
This book uses a ring as grounding point for the characters.  The Liz Taylor ring is given to a wife by her husband and through the years, the ring makes an appearance.  The children see the ring as proof of the love between their parents, but do not know the backstory.  A nice, quick read.
started out very interesting   halfway through i gave it up  all the characters seem to have too many problems.  it was not very good  I became tired of characters
The author hit the mark once again. She wrote a love story which included the extended family revealing their past and present flaws. The novel centers around a large diamond ring that comes in and out of the family with each member having their own reasons for wanting to possess it. The value of family shines through this talented author’s writing. I love how she explains the subtle references in each chapter to one of her favorite actresses. Meticulously referenced old time Hollywood! I also got a glimpse of the excellent book cover! Well done! #TheLizTaylorRing
#BrendaJanowitz #NetGalley
Date reviewed/posted: June 23, 2021
Publication date: February 1, 2022

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle.!

Three siblings. A priceless family ring. One legendary love story.

In 1978, Lizzie Morgan and Ritchie Schneider embark on a whirlwind romance on the bright beaches and glamorous yachts of Long Island. Over the years, their relationship has its share of ups and downs, including a nine-month hiatus that ends with a stunning eleven-carat ring—one that looks just like the diamond Richard Burton gifted Liz Taylor after their own separation. Like the famous couple, despite the drama that would unfold throughout the Schneiders’ marriage, the ring would be there as a symbol of their love…until it wasn't.

Decades later, when the lost ring unexpectedly resurfaces, the Schneiders’ three children gather under one roof for the first time in years, eager to get their hands on this beloved, expensive reminder of their departed parents. But determining the fate of the heirloom is no simple task, unearthing old wounds and heartaches the siblings can't ignore. And when the ring reveals a secret that challenges everything they thought they knew about their parents’ epic love story, they’ll have to decide whether to move forward as a family or let the ring break them once and for all.

Not many people younger than I am will remember the ring or the Princess Margaret story behind it. Nonetheless, this is an enjoyable escape kind of read - well written, great characters and if you cannot afford to give your girl an 11-carat ring, wrap this book up and give it to her for Valentine's Day when it comes out in February of next year.  A great piece of enjoyable writing, for sure.

I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 💍💍💍💍💍