Cover Image: You Did WHAT?

You Did WHAT?

"You Did WHAT ?"was just the emotional release I've been needing as of late. It's definitely good for some belly laughs AND some tear jerseys! Confessions from all walks and some could even be called cautionary tales! I even thought of a couple of my own while reading! ( Im betting you will too!) I found each little anecdote interesting and easily readable and the collection was well ordered.I would love to see  another book like this one in the future. A "You Did WHAT? Vol.2 perhaps? I'd read it! And recommend it, just as I do this one. This book was given complimentary in exchange for my honest review and the opinions expressed are my own.
THANK YOU KINDLY  #NetGalley and author Tova Leigh
#YouDidWhat
Available Sept 14th,2021
☆☆☆☆•
This book was a funny, quick read, I wish I had gotten the audio version because I can only imagine how much funnier it would have been hearing the stories instead of reading them. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a laugh!
You may have heard of Tova Leigh before by reading one of her other books or seen one of her shows or been to her site. Tova started a facebook page to share her dark secrets and she learned she was not alone. When she would post an incident she would find people responding that yes i also did that, said that or felt that way. This led her to set up a live show to talk about her confessionals and read other peoples from around the world with out revealing who they were. Who does not like to hear secrets and who does not feel better getting something of their chest and it is even better when you find out you are not alone. This is a compilation of these confessionals from all over the world some are a couple of sentences while others might be a couple of pages in length. These are broke in to sections one dealing with parenthood, one with bodily functions, the biggest one of course dealing with sex . You will find at times you will laugh, cry, feel mild disgust and sadness for some of these people and more then likely you will find one or many you yourself can relate to. The only thing I was conflicted with on this book is whether it is one that you read a few stories and then comeback to it or read it all the way through ? It is a quick read.
One of those easy books to dip in and out of that'll give you a mix of laughs and sympathetic-awkwardness. Reminds me a lot of the confessions pages from FHM back in the day. Always the type of book that's worth a read!
If you've ever felt bad about something you've done - don't. Someone out there has done something much meaner and/or grosser, and it's probably in this book.

I'm all for (deserved, commensurate) revenge when it's necessary, and the people in this book take gleeful pleasure in it. I did skim a few sections, I'll be honest, but I really enjoyed reading these. They're like the anti-Chicken Soup for the Soul (which I also enjoy very much.)

It's great that people can air these kinds of stories and I hope to read more in future. Illuminating.
A funny look at motherhood and life as a woman. I loved all the secrets sent in from women to Tova.  So many that other women can easily identify with.

Some I found utterly hilarious, some I found completely disgusting and some I just don't believe are real. Not that the author made them up but that the people sending them in just tried to go to the extreme, if you know what I mean.

However if you are looking for a good laugh, this is well worth a read.
This book was provided to me compliments of #NetGalley for my honest opinion.

Tova Leigh has quite the collection of hilarious stories. It was a laugh out loud, enjoyable read overall.
You Did What? - Tova Leigh
Everyone has secrets that they may feel like no one would understand, it's never happened to anyone else or just makes them feel alone. This book took those confessions and laid them out for the world to see with the intention of people realizing that they're not the only ones! It covered everything from parenting confessions (I can totally relate) to bodily fluid confessions.
When I was a bit younger and still into reading Cosmo magazines, my favorite part was always the hilarious confessions. This book brought back that feeling and I laughed so hard. And Tova Leigh nailed this. Reading alot of the confessions, I thought, wow, been there, totally get it.
If you need an easy read, that will make you belly laugh, and hopefully feel a little less alone with your secrets, this is it!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Thank you so much @netgalley and @tova_leigh for the ARC! Make sure you grab your copy September 14th!
The bright colourful cover first drew my attention to the book, then the intriguing title of course! Once I read the blurb, I knew I had to read the book!

I’ll be totally honest prior to this book I hadn’t heard of Tova Leigh! (Sorry Tova!) However, since reading this book I have started following her on all her social media too! I also hope to check out some of her other books soon too!
The book is a book of funny stories crossed with confessions of how people have exacted their revenge in a range of incidents. I mean we’ve all had someone be either nasty or irritating and secretly delivering some sort of retribution…haven’t we? I mean I know I have! Be it an ex, a negative boss or someone else that has upset you in some way.

From things like going into a different room to eat the last biscuit in the pack, so you don’t need to share with the children that have been pushing your buttons by squabbling all day….or something you’ve done at work to someone who annoyed you. There are loads of different stories all separated into different sections. There are some really “out there” ones, such as the one described in the blurb where the woman ends up signing up to be an escort to get paid for dating, rather than just dating in the more usual way.
There are items being put in drinks, and a really popular one seems to be using your significant others toothbrush to clean the loo, or their razor for bikini line shaving and then putting it back on the shelf for them to use!

I was already laughing out loud whilst reading the section on “Parenting Confessions” and felt seriously hooked into wanting to read more. Some of the confessions are soooo bad but so very, very, funny!

I’ll be honest after working years in the hair & beauty industry I have heard some revenge tales such as pouring expensive aftershave down the loo, hiding fish or seafood in or behind curtains and furniture. I think that’s what really makes this book funny, the majority of people have either heard some payback stories or if they are totally honest may have retaliated or at least seriously thought of it at some point in their lives.

One piece of advice be prepared for the strange, or inquisitive looks you are sure to get whilst reading this book as you snicker, giggle and belly laugh your way through it.
I am definitely getting this book at publishing! It was hilarious, relatable and true stories from people around the world with brutally honest stories to tell. From cringe-worthy to absurd but also hilarious at the same time. Recommended  for readers that need a laugh and might by similar to what you are going through, very relatable and quick read.

Thanks to Netgalley, Watkins Publishing and Tova Leigh for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Available: 9/14/21
Well, this is a remarkable book. It is full of confessions of things we all cope with: sex, body fluids, raising kids (find the commonality, eh?). I felt like I should order three Hail Mary's to each of the confessions, just kidding. The confessions, evidently all true, run the gamut from the "I've been there also" to "That's beyond strange" to "That's kinky." The stories are brief, the stories are compelling reading, and the book is really fun. If you like human beings, if you like seeing what we all cope with, if you want assurance that you, too, are imperfectly perfect and that we all deal with life as it comes to us, then you will enjoy the book. I really liked the book, read it on a lark, and I think y'all will like it. Have an open mind, read the book straight through and remember, "Other people are just as strange, or stranger, than you are."
This was a quick, but good read. I was so excited to read this book because one of my favorite things to read in a magazine are the confessions.  So to have a book filled with confessions felt like it was going to be a fun read…and it was! There were a few that I could relate to. There were times when I laughed out loud and times where I cringed.
This book can be easily summed up as a total giggle. If you ever feel like you're the only one having a bad or tough day reading this book will make you realise you're not alone and give you a laugh at the same time. There are some tuly giggle inducing stories mixed with heartbreaking ones about the realities of life for people all across the world. I really hope there's another one of these as would love some more!
Did not finish this book. Wasn’t what I expected. Will leave average review for you. Thanks for the opportunity to give it a try.
Confessions from around the world, from the heartbreaking to the utterly hysterical and all points in between
Easy reading book, some shocking confessions, some hilarious! A book with something for everyone I would say.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange for an honest review.

This book was a fun read.  Recommend it.
Date reviewed/posted: June 16, 2021
Publication date: Setember 14, 2021

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle.!

A fantastic collection of funny, moving and outrageous confessions from people from all walks of life, chosen and introduced by popular digital creator and bestselling author Tova Leigh.

"I was living with a nasty boyfriend who complained I didn't put enough pepper in his egg sandwich. So I dried out some hamster poop and chopped it into tiny pieces. He said it was delicious. Revenge is sweet!

Have you ever wondered what other people get up to when they think no one's looking? Do you have a mortifying secret of your own you've never dared share? Whatever scandalous incidents lie hidden in your past, don't worry: this wonderful collection of funny, sexy, hair-raising and heart-warming confessions will reassure you that you're by no means alone.

These confessions have all been curated by bestselling author and digital creator Tova Leigh, who explains just why we should stop being ashamed of our secrets, and instead have the courage to make ourselves vulnerable, speak out and connect. In this ultimate page-turner, there are parenting confessions, sex confessions, workplace confessions, revenge confessions ... not forgetting the all-important bodily fluids confessions! You need never feel embarrassed by your own slip-ups and misdemeanours again.

"So I was married for nine years and after the divorce, when I was ready to sleep with other men, I signed up on Tinder. After few dates I was thinking ... why do I give it for free, when men will pay for it? So I became an escort! I did it for about five months and I must say I had the best time ever ... made a lot of money and met some really nice interesting people."

Damn, I wish I had known about the gerbil poop thing while I was dating that horrible Nigerian man ... there was NEVER enough pepper for him. These stories both grossed me out and made me laugh riotously - I would not say to use them as an idea book for getting revenge, but some of them are too funny for words and some are really gross and I would NEVER EVER EVER RECOMMEND BEING AN ESCORT TO ANYONE.

I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, my book club ladies, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

Miss Leigh - please write another one as I have not laughed this hard in YEARS!
Fun and easy read. Perfect to read when you wanna laugh!

Thanks to author, publisher and NetGalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free, it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.
So I downloaded and read in one day. I smiled , I laughed , and felt sad , and disgusted at some ( who would put cheese slices between their bum cheeks and then serve it up to your child's friend because you don't like him. Shame on you ! )
All I can say - humans are weird !