Cover Image: Seven-Year Witch

Seven-Year Witch

I absolutely loved this installment! I can't wait to see what Josie gets herself into next time.

To see my full review, please go to FreshFiction.com.

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington for a copy of this book in exchange for my review.
I absolutely loved the first book so I couldn’t wait to get ahold of the second book, and I ended up enjoyed it just as much as book one!

Josie is the new librarian in small town Wilfred, Oregon. Oh, and she just found out she’s a witch, who comes from a long line of witches. She has the ability to speak and listen to books, in a way. To add to this, her almost beau, Sam, is accused of murdering his missing soon to be ex-wife, Fiona. He turns to Josie for help when they find a different dead body. Now we suddenly have two mysteries to work out.

I really like Josie’s character and can’t help thinking how much fun it would be to be able to talk to books! I like that her ability to do that helps her solve the mystery. The murder mystery itself had some red herrings and kept me guessing. I also really enjoy Rodney, the library’s cat, now Josie’s.

I’m absolutely looking forward to the next book and I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes cozy paranormals.
If you enjoy a good cozy mystery, I highly recommend Seven Year Witch (and it’s predecessor, Bait and Witch) by Angel M. Sanders!

Having received an ARC of Seven Year Witch, I jumped right in not realizing that it is the second book in a series. Halfway through, I put it down. I had to read the first book in the series, Bait and Witch.  Don’t get me wrong, Sanders does a great job of filling in any holes for those of us who didn’t start at the beginning of the series.  My problem was that I LOVED THE BOOK and I just had to catch up with Josie and the other Wilfred characters!  I binge read Bait and Witch and immediately returned to Seven Year Witch and cannot wait for Witch and Famous!

Thank you to NetGalley, Angela M. Sanders, and Kensington Books for the Advanced Readers Copy.
I really enjoyed the first book in this Angela M/ Sanders mystery series following a magical librarian in a small Oregon town, so I was so excited to read Seven - Year Witch the second in the series.
Josie has been settling into the town and developing her newly discovered magical abilities. The books "talk" to her with ease and she's found her grandmother's letters to study and improve her practice. The new retreat center is about to break ground and this will be a huge addition to the town's struggling economy.  There seems to be some sort of curse on the land though when the architect ends up dead and the retreat center may be cancelled altogether.
Sam is also back in town with a mysterious woman and a baby. Will Josie be able to build on her feelings for Sam or is that relationship also dead before it had a chance to really begin.
Josie uses her sharp mind and magical talents to decipher the mystery, along with some help from her adorable cat. Exciting and cozy. A fantastic read!
I loved the first book in the series.so I was excited to pick up book two.  Josie is a librarian and a witch.  The books in the library talk to her.  I would love that power.  I love the setting and the idea of a library in an old mansion.  The characters are relatable and fun.  I liked the mystery.  The ending had me on the edge of my seat. I loved how the weather forced everyone to the library for the reveal.  I can't wait to read more in the series.  I received this book from net galley in exchange for an honest review.
Seven-Year Witch Earns 5/5 Book Whisperers…Engaging, Clever Fun!

Josie Way has a secret. She’s a witch, having inherited her late grandmother’s magic along with a series of letters providing instruction in magic. Oddly, her magic is powered by books; she can “hear” books tell her about themselves or offer some assistance. This is very useful since she is the librarian in the quirky, not-even-a-town of Wilfred, Oregon. The library is housed in the old Victorian mansion, in which Josie has a flat on the top floor where she rooms with Rodney, a sassy black cat. Since no one knows about her magical abilities, she studies on her own: coincidentally today’s lesson…curses!

Mrs. Garlington raised the “It’s cursed!” alarm about the land on which Ruff and Sita Waters plan to build a retreat center. The architect on the project has a grand vision for the project, but Josie witnesses the Waterses loudly disagreeing with his vision. But, curses and conflicts aren’t Josie’s current concern: “Sam Wilfred’s back. Have you heard?” Sam, a last summer interest, has moved back into the Big House next door, but when a Miss Manners’s book reminds her of the proper pleasantries, she delivers a welcome home coffee cake and a smile. Unfortunately, she’s greeted with Sam’s infant son and the wife she thought Sam was divorcing.

Mrs. G’s idea of curses might be more real than fancy when Sam’s wife disappears, and he is suspected of foul play. Josie lends her support and starts a search which leads to the property in question and the discovery of the architect’s body…murdered. Fiona’s return is a relief to everyone, but she offers no answers to their questions. However, things become more complicated when another murder occurs, and Josie might find even a fledgling witch is in over her head. What book can provide the best support?

Angela M. Sanders has penned a very amusing cozy for the second book in her Witch Way Librarian Mystery with a delightful premise that our witch can communicate with books. This offers some humorous and endearing situations. The magical elements are not juvenile hocus-pocus blending well with Josie’s personality and the predicaments in which she finds herself. Although the drama wasn’t complex, and although I had the killer on my list, it was the journey filled with engaging twist and turns, rich characters, fascinating history, and a witty narrative to keep me reading. Josie is delightful to follow as she is still learning the depths of her magic through letters written over a decade ago by a grandmother who sadly cannot offer any more insights. A love life is insinuated, but there are just questions. Great cozy!
The second book of this series is just as good as the first.  Sam is back in town and there is controversy around him.  The action is nonstop with a potentially cursed building site, missinig persons, and a baby!  Josie is such a levelheaded person so she gets a lot accomplished without any rookie mistakes.  The mystery was solid and kept me guessing, although I had figured it out a little before the ending. What I loved most was the use of the town's history and former residents to build a story that carried forward into the present.  It was a nice balance to all the drama associated with the current happenings.  Definitely recommended.  This book kept me reading through three tornado warnings so it should keep your interest!
Josie is working on learning how to practice her witchcraft. Josie is also hurt when her crush comes back into town, unfortunately bringing a wife and baby. When that wife goes missing and a murder weapon is found. Josie has to help her friend get off the hook for murder.

I really like this series. I love the whole magic system. I love that the books talk to Josie! I do want her to either move on from her crush or for him to show some interest. I know the situation is hard but I don't like the unrequited trope. I'm really worried about the town for future books and I'm so anxious for when the next one will be coming out!
I absolutely loved the first book in this cozy series. I’m happy to say that the sequel was just as fantastic. It’s full of quirky characters, magic, plenty of intrigue, suspenseful action and takes place at one heck of a library setting.

I love Josie. Not only is she a librarian, but she lives in the mansion that has been turned into the local library. She is learning more about her special witchy powers and has an unique magic that any book lover would be interested in. Bibliomancy gives her the ability to gather energy from books. At times she can hear certain books calling to her so she can recommend just the right novel to a patron or get helpful nudges while sleuthing. I think you definitely have to be open to a story including paranormal activity to throughly enjoy this one, which happens to be my favorite cozy sub-genre.

The mysteries were great. I couldn’t quite pin down the murderer. There was plenty of red herrings, twists and even a couple shocking moments that caused extra confusion and questions. It also included an older mystery that played well into the storyline. That ending was full of thrilling action too!! I did enjoy how the sheriff smugly squashed Josie’s theories a few times as well.

I’m curious to see how the author will develop Josie and Sam’s relationship. There is a definite spark there yet Sam, Fiona and Nicky’s part of this book added some complications. I will definitely continue this series and anxiously wait for book 3.
Seven-Year Witch by Angela M. Sanders is the 2nd book in Witch Way Librarian Mystery series, and a end charming fun read.  I loved the first in series and was pleased to receive this for review. Thank you to the publisher and to Net Galley for the opportunity. My review opinions are my own.

Josie Way has recently moved to small town  Wilfred, Oregon's, She is the new librarian and loves her job. She has also recently found out she is a witch from a long line of heridarity witches.  Part of her powers are "listening" to the books speak to her and often they give her clues she must follow up on.  She lives on the top floor of the library with her cat and familiar. Part of the last book with Josie helping to save the library and its nice to return to the second in series and find out the library is thriving with Josie at the helm.

All the new characters in this book add to the story. Josie's friend, Sam Wilfred is returning home along with his wife and child.l  When a retreat center is beginning to be built and strange happenings occur Josie investigates. When Sam's wife disappears Josie helps as Sam is the suspect number one. She returns but not with a explanation anyone believes. When the architect   of the retreat is murdered. and another murder occurs, Josie jumps to investigate and bring peace to their small. town.  She is knee deep in clues and suspects .  Will her magic help her solve these crimes with the help of the sheriff?

I love this series for the smart writing and well crafted sleuth. Josie is a savvy smart protagnist and all the supporting charcters are likable. The paranormal aspect of the series is enjoyable and fun.  I look forward to the next in series.
Seven-Year Witch by Angela Sanders has Josie Wray studying a lesson on curses.  The new owners of the old mill property are ready to move forward with their retreat center.  The only problem is their visionary architect with his unique ideas.  Sam returns to the Big House with a baby in tow as well as the wife he was divorcing.  When Fiona, Sam’s artistic wife, disappears and a bloody tire iron is found where she was last seen, Sam becomes the prime suspect.  Josie with help from her cat, Rodney sets out to prove Sam did not harm his wife.  The police dredge the lake and find the architect for the retreat center instead of Fiona.  Josie needs to uncover who is behind this vicious act before they strike again.  Seven-Year Witch is the 2nd book in A Witch Way Library Mystery series.  It can be read as a standalone, but I believe it is best to read Bait and Witch first.  Josie Wray is a librarian who recently discovered she is a witch.  Her magical ability helps her find the right book for each patron.  The books in the grand old library talk to her.  To learn what Josie needs to know regarding her powers, her grandmother left her lesson letters.  We are introduced to quite a few town residents.  It can be hard to keep them all straight.  The residents are a quirky bunch.  The whodunit revolves around the new retreat center being built at the site of the old mill.  One of the residents believes the land is cursed which is why incidents keep happening on that property.  When Fiona, Sam’s wife disappears and the architect is found dead in the lake, Josie sets out to learn more about curses.  Sam is the interim police chief’s prime suspect and Josie wants to get him cleared as quickly as possible.  There are a handful of suspects for Josie to investigate.  This whodunit can be solved early in the book.  The guilty party is obvious from the moment of introduction.  Josie gets help from the books in solving the crime.  I love how the books talk to her. There are a couple of side stories as well.  Josie learns about curses and tries to figure out why the old mill site feels uneasy.  She is also curious about Marilyn Wilfred who created the library where Josie works and lives.  She has heard conflicting information about Marilyn and Josie wants to learn more about the library’s benefactress.  There is also a town resident who wants Rodney, Josie’s cat, to wear a cat collar with a bell on it.  Rodney objects which leads to rebellion.  I just love Rodney. I like how Josie can use him to help with her investigation.  I like the paranormal elements in the story with my favorite being the talking books.  I also love the descriptions of the beautiful building housing the library.  Seven-Year Witch is a charming paranormal cozy mystery with challenging cat collar, verbose books, an AWOL architect, a curious curse, and an affable baby boy.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for the ARC.  I am voluntarily reviewing this book.  This book is the 2nd in a series, but reads great as a stand alone.  I enjoyed the book and all the wacky characters.  Each unique and fun.  I loved the concept of a librarian witch with special book powers, and her cat Rodney was so much fun.  The mystery is convoluted and kept my interest.  No idea where the title came from but that is okay.  It's an interesting cozy mystery. 3.5 stars
Seven-Year Witch by Angela M. Sanders is the 2nd book in Witch Way Librarian Mystery series, and another great addition. Josie Way moved to a small town in Oregon to take a librarian job, after she witness corruption at her prior job, and reported it. I really enjoyed this new series. It has so much going on, a murder or two of course. Josie also recently discovered she is a witch, and comes from a long line of witches. I am really looking forward to book three and Josie's continuing story. I highly recommend this book if you enjoy cozy mysteries.
This year, I have been working my way through Madelyn Alt's "A Bewitching Mystery" series. I love the characters and stories so much but I'm trying to make the series last so it won't be over too quick. Searching for some other cozy mysteries featuring witches, I found Angela Sanders' "Witch Way Librarians Mysteries" series.  I read the first book in the series "Bait and Witch" in May in anticipation of the September release of the second book. I am now firmly invested in the characters and small town happenings of Wilfred, Oregon. The main character lives in an apartment above the library she oversees (hello, my dream) and is just beginning to figure out her powers as witch. One power is bibliomancy--books give her clues to mysteries and she can also match the perfect book to every reader. I feel like I'm pretty good with book recommendations but how cool would it be?

This is a great cozy series, perfect for autumn or lovers of paranormal/witch mysteries. I'm already anticipating the next in the series and would love a yearly installment of Josie's mystery solving skills.
Just as enjoyable as it’s predecessor, Seven-Year Witch is everything you would want in a paranormal cozy mystery.

I don’t want to spoil anything for readers who have yet to start this series, but the magic system in these books is one of my favourites. Seriously, out of every book I’ve ever read, this is one of the highest for me. It’s SO cool and I wish it was a power I have. I love it.

I loved getting to know the cast of characters in town a bit better in this book, and I am really hoping this series continues because I’m really enjoying it.
3.5 Stars

Seven Year Witch by Angela M. Sanders

This is the second book in the Witch Way Librarian series.
I do love the authors' descriptiveness I feel like I am in Darla's diner or the horror of the snake or even involved with the flooding. She does an amazing job of making us the readers feel a part of the story! What I enjoyed less is the lack of personal character growth. I reduced a star because I couldn't find any emotional growth in Josie.

Josie Way is the town librarian and a truth-teller who derives her power from books.

Location: Wilfred, Oregon

All of the citizens returned from book one including Sam Wilfred, the town's prodigal son and former FBI agent.

We left off with Josie vowing to move forward with her life and magic. While he was returning home to finish his divorce. He returns to Wilfred still married but now with his ex-wife-to-be and a newborn son! Sam and the almost ex-wife, is his refusal too accept certain facts that are clearly seen by all but him. His continual returning to Josie, for help and support with all of his issues. Some parts of this are simply way too close to soap opera status for me.

The mystery portion is solid. Ms. Sanders' built multiple mysteries within other mysteries in this book! She answered and resolved everything by the end without it ever feeling rushed.

Overall I liked the story but I didn't love it. For me, character growth, change, and interactions matter as much as the mystery.
It was great visiting with Josie and all her new friends in Wilfred, OR again. I'd forgotten how Josie could go check things out using her mind but in her cat Rodney's body which was so cool!

This was a mystery I definitely couldn't figure out, so I just went along for the ride and enjoyed the process. Josie was learning a lot from her grandma's letter she'd left her, and I was happy to see how far she'd come as far as her powers went. I've hoped since the first book that Josie and Sam could get together, and they might be one step closer to that by the end of the book. I loved how the whole town pulled together at the end. The showdown with the killer was scary for two different reasons-you'll see when you read it. I really wish the next one could come out sooner instead of having to wait another year!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.
Really enjoyable second book in the Witch Way Librarian Mysteries. Paranormal cozies are some of my favorite books. This series features Josie, a librarian who has discovered she has witchy powers and communicates with the books in her library to find clues to different mysterious events happening in her town.

I love Josie and her magic. How fun would it be to communicate with books? That would be a book-lovers ultimate dream, I think. I enjoyed the mysteries Josie needs to solve and was kept guessing until the end. I'm looking forward to more books in this series.

Many thanks to the publisher, Kensington, and NetGalley for an advance copy of this book. My thoughts and opinions are my own and without bias or favor or expectation.
Angela M. Sanders puts the cozy in cozy mystery! Her writing makes me want to snuggle in a warm quilt, with a fall scented candle burning and a mug of coffee in hand, and settle in and not stop reading until the turn of the last page. Which is course, exactly what I did. Seven-Year Witch, the second installment in the Witch Way Librarian Mysteries series, was just as cute, charming, and well, cozy as the first book.

Both books in this series have everything one could want in a paranormal cozy mystery: a small town with that charm that only small towns can have, quirky characters (including witches. Because of course, the best cozy mysteries have witches!), mysteries lurking around every corner just waiting to be solved, murder, romance, and (in this case of this book) an amazing, sassy cat named Rodney. Voila! All of the ingredients necessary for a perfectly whimsical paranormal mystery novel.

This second installment in this series was just as cute and entertaining as the first, and I couldn’t have been happier with it. We are reunited with Josie, Rodney (my personal favorite), Sam, and many of the other quirky characters that lead lives in the small town in which this series takes place.

There’s a new murder mystery abound, and the novels centers around that as well as Josie, the lead character, who is busying herself trying to make sense of the powers she has inherited from her ancestors, and eagerly diving into learning more about her background and ancestors. One of my favorite things about this series (aside from Rodney of course) has to be that Josie’s supernatural ability is being able to use books to help her find answers and solve mysteries. As a book lover, I envy her that!

Since Seven-Year Witch is the second book in a series, I don’t want to go into too much detail and give too much away, because I don’t want to spoil any details for anyone, but just know that I absolutely loved this installment just as much as the first, and i’m eager to see what Angela M. Sanders has in store for us with the next book in the series!

If you haven’t yet read the first book in this series, I strongly urge you to do so. If you decide to do so, be sure to also have a comfortable reading spot to settle into, along with a warm blanket and a pot of coffee brewed, because once you start reading, you won’t want to stop until the flip of the last page.

5/5 stars!
This is a cozy mystery, and this is the second book in the Witch Way Librarian Mysteries series. I have read and review the first book in this series before I read this book. I loved the characters in this book, and I also loved the mystery in this book. There was twists and turns, and there was also cute cozy mysteries moments. This book as one problem that I also had with the first book, and that is the fact this book does not really have a ending. This book just stops, but it does not give you an ending feeling. I hate when books just stops, and they do not have a real ending. I would have give this book 5 stars if this book had a real ending. I will keep going on with this series. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Kensington Publishing Corporation) or author (Angela M. Sanders) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.