Cover Image: Mrs. Morris and the Vampire

Mrs. Morris and the Vampire

Charlene Morris dives deeper into Salem's supernatural underground in the fifth book of Traci Wilton's Salem B&B Mystery series!

Charlene's Bed and Breakfast is filled with guests for Halloween weekend, and what better way to celebrate Halloween in Salem than with a costume party at one of the historic hotels? As the night unfolds, Charlene finds herself pondering more of the supernatural than what she's already acquainted herself with: vampires. When a vampire disappears at the end of the night and a body washes up onshore, Charlene, with the help of her friends, tries to put the pieces together without further agitating her relationship with Detective Sam Holden. Can Charlene help in time, and are vampires as real as she's discovered ghosts and witches are?

I love any story revolving around Halloween and the supernatural, especially a story that takes place in a town as historically spooky as Salem. I enjoyed that we get to have more of Brandy in this story, as well as the rest of the Flint family. She's become a favorite side character of mine, and her ever evolving friendship with Charlene is fun to read. Without giving anything away, there were a couple times in this story where I went, "WHAT! Did that just happen!?" and anytime I can read a story and be surprised is a great time! The weaving of mystery story and Salem historical facts is executed well, and I can't wait to visit Salem someday to explore all the rich history it has to offer!

(I received an ARC from NetGalley and Kensington Publishing in exchange for my honest review.)
Mrs. Morris and the Vampire by Traci Wilson is the fifth book in a fun series with lots of paranormal activity and history of Salem, Massachusetts to learn.
Talk about keep you guessing.  This book,  the fifth one in the series,  does just that.  With engaging characters and a spooky mystery,  you'll be ready for a Halloween trick or treat.  Love this series! Thanks #netgalley and #Keningston for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are mine.
Kindle Copy for Review from Net Galley and Kensington Books.

I received an ARC of the book in exchange for an honest review.

It is a Halloween with murder and vampires.   What more can you desire?

Charlene will be busy with a full B & B with her friendly ghost.  Will they be able to figure out the situation when a vampire with a stake turns into a naked dead man in the morning?

It is a story to sink your teeth into as they will get to the blood of the matter.  A fun read
As the fifth book in this established series, Mrs. Morris and the Vampire was a gem. With an author like Traci Wilton you expect a clever twist in a cozy mystery. You got it!
Mrs. Morri and the Vampire is the 5th book in the Salem B&B Mystery series by author Traci Wilton.  This one is sure to get you in the Halloween spirit with vampires, witches, and spooky underground tunnels.  What starts out as a fun Halloween Ball ends with one murder of a self-proclaimed vampire with a second to follow before the case is solved.  Once again, Charlene is in the middle of both murders, this time she is trying to help the Flint women, especially Serenity, who become suspects in these crimes.  These characters are well-developed and I enjoy returning to Salem for each new mystery.  I like how the author has developed Charlene's relationship with her resident ghost Jack.  I was a bit surprised at the turn her relationship with Sam took in this book, but think it will keep things interesting.

The mystery was well done and kept me engaged throughout the entire book.  There are plenty of suspects and as the clues unfold motives begin to appear.  This one kept me guessing.  Every time Charlene uncovered a new clue it led me to a different suspect.  The murder is revealed in a climactic ending and it was, at least for me, a surprise.  I didn't have this person on my radar at all.

This is an entertaining series and each book is an enjoyable read.  I look forward to many more installments in this series as we see how Charlene continues to settle into Salem and how she juggles her live-in ghost and Detective Sam.

I voluntarily read a digital advanced reader copy provided to me by the publisher, Kensington, through NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Vampires, Witches and murder....oh my!

In Fifth installment of the Salem B&B Mysteries, its Halloween in Salem and Charlene Morris is a costume judge at the Halloween Ball in Town.  Everyone is having a good time except Charlene's friend Brandy, a local witch, who is upset that her daughter seems to be obsessed with a guy, Alaric, who thinks he is a vampire.  Alaric disappears from the party and if found dead the next morning

Brandy convinces Charlene to get involved in solving the murder to keep her daughter off the suspect  list.  Another associate of the vampires is dead and Charlene and Brandy are on the scene. Of course, the local detective is not happy that Charlene is once again involving herself in a case and has put their friendship on pause until the case is solved.     Jack is always protective and supportive of Charlene and is helping her to solve the mystery before anyone else becomes a victim.

I feel like I know all these characters and they are friends I am stopping in and visiting them when I read one of the series.  The mystery was so good, I was stumped to the end!

Can't wait till I can visit Salem again in the next installment.
Apparently this is the fifth book in the series, but I didn't realize that going into it. It did make sense, but I probably would've enjoyed it more if I'd read the books in order, as I'd have had a better connection to the characters. I love that it takes place in Salem, and I appreciated that the author included some history of the town in the story. I enjoyed the diverse cast, and I'm likely to go back and check out prior books.
This  fifth book in the Mrs. Morris series begins at the annual Witches Ball where Charlene is one of three of the costume judges.  Her friend Brandy is upset because her daughter is dating a man, Alaric, who she believes is bad for her daughter, Serenity . Alaric claims to be a vampire.  At midnight he disappears and the next morning he’s found dead.

Charlene, always against the wishes of Sam, begins investigating the murder as a favor to Brandy.  They meet Alaric’s friends Asher, Elizabeta and Orpheus who are also part of the vampire culture.  She also meets a writer who penned a book about the tunnels under Salem, Patric Steel.  And of course, Dr. Jack Strathmore, Charlene’s resident B&B ghost helps her research and put the clues together.

This is one of my top 3 cozy series.  The story that these two wonderful authors, Traci Hall and Patrice Wilton, write are such a joy to read.   The characters are likable, the story is fun to read and the bad guy is not always easy to figure out. Can’t wait for the next book.
Mrs. Morris and the Vampire is the fifth book in Traci Wilton's Salem B&B Mystery series, an engaging paranormal read. This installment finds our MC, Charlene, with her B&B full of guests for Halloween, anxious to get into the festivities of the season. The biggest draw is the Witches Ball, though paranormal activities abound in and around Salem--as evidenced by Jack, the resident ghost of the B&B, and the visiting/resident witches. This year a vampire has made himself known; is he up to mischief? Why has he come?
Sam the policeman --and Charlene's boyfriend-- is not inclined to believe in such goings on, though Charlene knows it as truth. Relationships are changing, growing, secrets are unburied, and the path to solving the mystery is a twisted one. I love the characters in this series, especially Jack! I think this is my favorite mystery so far--though I know I have said that before. A well written and paced plot , a suspenseful build to a surprising, yet satisfying resolution.

Thank you to #Kensington #MrsMorrisandtheVampire #NetGalley for granting me the ARC I requested. All opinions offered are my own.
This book was totally beyond amazing.  I had to keep reading once I started and there was no putting it down till the last page was read.  It moves along at a really great speed, not too fast nor too slow.  the characters are so real that you feel as though you have known them forever and you cant help but fall in love with them.  The story will grab you, keeping you interested and turning pages until you reach the end and then you are needing more.  This book has to be read, no doubt about it.
At the start of the series Charlene moves to Salem and starts a B & B  after her husband passes away in an accident.  At first I wasn't sure if I would be interested in reading a mystery story with a resident ghost.  Now I love Jack and can't wait to see what mysteries Charlene gets herself involved in.

As the books progress I love Jack because he is always looking out for Charlene and helps keep her safe.  She drives the local Detective crazy because she is so curious and gets herself involved in the local mysteries.   Which I love helping her solve them.  I did not figure this one out until the very end.

Great job ladies I can't wait to see where this series takes us next.
I received this book from netgalley for an honest review #netgalley

This series just keeps getting better and better! I love the wide diversity of characters, different lifestyles. That to me sets it apart from other cozies. And the added Salem history had me eating up every word. I want to go to Salem so much and go to the Halloween ball.
Keep up the amazing work.
🧛🏻‍♀️🎃🧛🏽
Another great story set in Salem, MA. Interesting cozy mystery series, that was fun to read. Wish I had read others in the series, as they are referenced now and then. Will have to check them out. Highly recommend.
Charlene’s B&B is doing well.  Her dream of inviting people to enjoy a visit to her home and Salem is going better than she could have hoped for.  With a group of guests visiting for the annual Witches Ball, Charlene is also attending for the first time herself and the Halloween celebration is like no other they have experienced before.  Unless they’ve experienced a self proclaimed vampire disappearing before their eyes and ending up dead, that is.

With the victim being the new flame of her friend’s daughter, Charlene is asked to help clear the young woman from the suspect list.  But given that the amorous couple was planning to kill each other and bring their lover back to live an immortal life, Charlene has questions as to what the plan was and just how far the young woman would actually go with the plans.  Now Charlene has to deal with a Sam that is bound to keep their relationship, whatever that may be, on a professional level during the investigation.  Can Charlotte find the killer, or will she be joining the day of dead from the other side next year?

I love the setting of this book and the history of Salem, so having an author who embraces all of this in her books is a true pleasure.  From ghosts to witches and vampires, Salem is full of paranormal experiences, as is this book.  Can’t wait for my next visit to Salem through the books!
Charlene Morris is enjoying the Halloween Ball in Salem, MA.
As owner of a B & B, Charlene plays the whole ghost and witch theory close to herself, especially since she has her own resident ghost.
It seems as if everyone is having a good time at the ball, until an odd situation becomes deadly. It seems that a vampire has infiltrated their party, and he's causing a spectacle, setting the guests on edge.
It isn't until a dead body is discovered that Charlene becomes involved. Before long, she finds herself reading about tunnels running underneath Salem, and asking questions that someone prefers she didn't.

I was really intrigued by this book and my jaw dropped when I got to the reveal.
I really hope that Charlene and Sam become a couple. I know Charlene cares about her resident ghost, but unfortunately, Sam is a skeptic, so Charlene tries to keep her feelings under control.
I think this has to be my favorite book in the series.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for selecting me to read an advanced copy of Mrs. Morris and the Vampire.
 #MrsMorrisandtheVampire #NetGalley
Charlene is enjoying the Halloween Ball up until a young vampire wanna-be disappears, leaving behind a bloody stake and an empty cape. When his body washes up on the shore the next morning, the daughter of Charlene’s witch friend is a strong suspect. Thankfully, Charlene has good help at her B&B because she’s busy investigating the vampire’s death and sleuthing old tunnels beneath the city.

Charlene just wants to help her friends, which infuriates Sam, the local detective who just wants her to stay well out of the investigation. Sam doesn’t believe in witchcraft, ghosts, or vampires, but Charlene has learned to accept the supernatural since moving to Salem. After all, she has a resident ghost and her best friend is a powerful witch. Charlene is torn between the attraction she feels for Jack, her ghost, and Sam, firmly set on “just the facts”.  If you enjoy a fun cozy mystery with a touch of the paranormal, settle down to be entertained with warm characters, great settings, and a good mystery.
I enjoyed this book. It's a interesting story with lots of tension. I love the characters and getting to know them. I was surprised by who the killer was.  #MrsMorrisandtheVampire #NetGalley