Cover Image: Deadly Target

Deadly Target

I really enjoyed this “Rocky Mountain Courage” book. It followed main character Erin as she tries to deal with current traumatic experiences along with flashbacks from long ago. I liked reading about Nathan and Erin as they explore a possible relationship again as they sort out their feelings. The two of them find themselves working together on cold cases and trying to figure out what is going on with Nathan‘s father and his accident.

This fast pace story had lots of action, great characters, unpredictable ending with twists and turns. Loved it although it was a little complicated. This can be read as a stand alone story.

I received a copy of this book complimentary for blog and social media review. All opinions are my own.
I only have two disappointments with this book, and honestly, it's more on me than the book. I prefer to start a series with the first book, but within the first third of this one, I was wrapped up in the story.

As a fast-paced reader, my favorite part of romance novels is when the kiss finally happens. But I can appreciate the build-up, too. Elizabeth Goddard is truly an expert at this. Nathan and Erin may have ended their relationship in the traditional sense, yet the heart wants what the heart wants. Their heartstrings are still connected and the slow build of bringing them back together squeezes your heart.

Add in the suspense factor and this is a book that I couldn't get enough of! The twists of novels are often predictable, but not this book. I felt like I was riding a rollercoaster for the first time and didn't see the layout of it beforehand. It caught me off-guard several times!

The underlying message of learning to extend grace and faith in others is ever-present from cover to cover. We all have a past, including mistakes and things we can't necessarily control.

Excellent read and recommended - 5 out of 5 stars! I received a complimentary copy for reviewing purposes. All opinions are my own.
While I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one in the series. The Suspense and the mystery did keep me turning pages because I just had to know what happened. However the romantic subplot didn't hold my interest as I didn't care for the heroine and   the romance aspect fell flat to me.
Deadly Target is non-stop, looking death in the eye, nail-biting action. Elizabeth Goddard brings book 2 in her Rocky Mountain Courage series, and the twists seem unending, with the final one being a doozy.

Erin Larsen has been haunted by the kidnapping of her best friend as a child. As the girls played together, she loaned her friend her hat, and her friend was stolen away from her. The traumatic incident sent her and her mother running. All grown up and working as a criminal  psychologist, Erin still tries to make sense of the long-ago tragedy. Using her anonymous blog to help solve cold cases, she begins telling her own friend's cold case. Someone has to know something.

Instead of information, Erin and her friend are targeted in a boating accident that nearly kills them both. As she recovers in the hospital, she learns that her mother has apparently attempted suicide. When her ex, Nathan Campbell shows up asking for her help with a cold case his father had been working on, she begins to see similarities. Could her friend's disappearance possibly tie into Nate's father's case, too?

This couple spent so much time dodging bullets, and men intent on killing them, it's a wonder they found any clues to follow along the way! Readers who are into non-stop action and twisty, turny storylines, will love trying to figure out what or who is behind all the violence.
Elizabeth Goddard continued Rocky Mountain Courage series with Book 2 – Deadly Target. The fast-paced thrills keep coming from a boating accident to dark secrets. The scenes are paced just right through the pages. With each new piece of information comes another piece of the puzzle but will keep you guessing and wanting to cruise through the pages. Goddard does a beautiful job with descriptive scenes, you will feel as though you are right at the center of the action. Although this is the second book in the series, it can certainly be read as a stand alone. Don’t miss this fast-paced romantic suspense!
Like others have said, I had a little bit of a hard time connecting with these characters and getting into the plot for the first 30% of the book. I was confused as to what was the actual plot and what was happening. As I continued, the different things that were happening started to make sense and I figured out what was going on but it took awhile. The main characters weren't as interesting to me as others in the series but by the end, I was more invested in them and liked them more. I could see reasons for their actions and feelings. There definitely was a lot of action and some of it was very surprising when it happened! All in all, I liked the book but it did take some perseverance in the beginning to stick with it and get to the part where it made sense!
Received a ARC for my honest review..
Loved the characters and the plot twists.
Definitely worth the read.
Deadly Target is the second book in a series by Elizabeth Goddard.   Is Christian suspense a genre?  If not it should be.   Erin and Nathan used to date and are now thrown together with events in their lives that don't seem to have anything to do with each other.   But maybe they do!   A lot of twists you will not see coming!
This is book two in the Rocky Mountain Courage series. However this is a stand alone book. You will miss a little history of some of the characters (plus a good read) but will to be lost if you have not read book one, Present Danger.
Erin Larson has been running from her past for a long time yet when she must work with her ex, Nathan Campbell. she is forced to face her past and her future. This book is full of mystery, suspense, romance and so much more. I love this series and look forward to book three.
I was given a copy of this book for my honest opinion.
As a fan of Elizabeth Goddard’s mysteries and thrillers, I was looking forward to reading Deadly Target (Rocky Mountain Courage, Book #2) and, as usual, wasn’t disappointed. However, this novel was a new level of suspense and mystery.

Erin Larson and Nathan Campbell are victims of secrets that have now turned deadly and made them both targets from unknown assailants.

References to their relationships with the LORD are made throughout the book—mostly as internal dialog—however, eventually active faith became necessary when those secrets revealed themselves in shocking ways.

Oh, how I want to give spoilers to show you just how unusual and surprising these secrets were. But I won’t. So, I guess you’ll have to read it for yourself.

Don’t worry if you haven’t read book one. It really makes little difference to getting the full benefit of this great book.

I highly recommend Elizabeth Goddard’s Deadly Target for any fan of suspense and mystery, with some romance.

Thanks to #NETGALLEY and Revell for the advanced reader’s copy for my honest review.
Highly recommended! Well thought out and very well executed.Thank you for the opportunity to review this story.
"For a few hours every Saturday morning, Wrin Larson could forget that evil existed." This is the opening sentence of Deadly Target, the second book in Elizabeth Goddard's "Rocky Mountain Courage" series. The first book in the series is Present Danger. While it is a series, both books can be read as a standalone.

Erin Larson is a criminal psychologist who, in the opening chapter, almost loses her life in a boating accident. Or was it really an attempt on her life? She has a podcast regarding cold cases and it could be she stirred up a little concern about a previous cold case.

Nathan Campbell is fishing with his dad when he learns his dad is investigating a cold case and the only person he will trust is Nathan. Before Nathan's dad can tell him anymore he is shot. Nathan reaches out to Erin, his ex-girlfriend for help in solving the cold case...once they can find out which cold case his dad was working on.

I loved both Erin and Nathan. They both were strong believable characters with love for family and friends. I also loved the faith thread throughout the book.

Like all of Ms. Goddard's books, she takes you on a fast-paced journey of suspense, intrigue, and romance captivating the reader from page one and holding them to the very last page.

I loved this book and I can hardly wait for the next installment of this series. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves sweet romantic suspense.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars!!!

I would like to thank the author and Revell Books, for my copy of Deadly Target. I received my copy for free with no expectation of a positive or negative review.  The opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.
I would recommend this book. This is one of my favorite reading seasons because there is absolutely nothing better than curling up under a fuzzy blanket with a good book. This had me gripped from chapter one.
A clean, Christian suspense novel. While I didn't find the characters or writing style very unique, I appreciated the clear Christian elements and how the mystery came together in a way I did not see coming at all.

I don't really read much in this genre, so I don't have much to compare it to, but overall, I enjoyed this fast-paced read.
Ready for a race from page one to the end? So much is happening and yet it's all interconnected in this intricate read. Layered with conflict from the past that bleeds into the now, this book was a very quick read.
Deadly Target by Elizabeth Goddard is book 2 in the Rocky Mountain Courage series. I love Christian romantic suspense and read quite a bit every year. This book is one of the best I have read recently. Erin is such a phenomenal character, a criminologist with a podcast and a complicated history. The story takes so many twists and turns and the suspense is so well done. Readers of romantic suspense will adore this book. I cannot wait for the next book in this series. I think this is the author's best series yet. So good. I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.
Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC for an honest review.

This story moves at a good pace with believable characters.  The author leaves "bread crumbs" throughout the book to help you guess how everything will turn out.  When all is revealed, it is quite an interesting story.  Some of it I guessed, but some I didn't.  I liked that the author spelled out the ending in great detail.  She didn't just dump the ending on you with you wondering," But what about?"  The story was well developed and enjoyable.
Deadly Target by Elizabeth Goddard – Too Many Twists and Turns, Not Believable

Deadly Target is Elizabeth Goddard’s second book in the Rocky Mountain Courage series.  I looked forward to reading it because I’ve enjoyed Elizabeth’s novels in the past.

Erin Larson is a criminal psychologist and crime podcaster.  Erin and her friend are kayaking on Puget Sound when out-of-nowhere, a large yacht is speeding towards them and tries to mow them down.  They narrowly escape by abandoning their kayaks.  After being rescued Erin, receives a phone call from her former boyfriend, Detective Nathan Campbell, in Montana.  She is filled with dread as he tells her that her mom tried to commit suicide and is in the hospital.  This is just the beginning of the action in chapter one.  The rest of the book is filled with twists and turns, attempts to kill either Erin or Nathan and their family members and others caught in the crossfire.  It stretched from Washington to Montana and Boston.

Deadly Target is action-packed and filled with many twists and turns.  Nearly everyone was suspect and couldn’t be trusted.  It took me a while to get into the story because the tension continued to build and build and build with multiple incidents.  I didn’t connect with the character Erin because I found her off-putting.  I liked Nathan but didn’t understand what he saw in Erin.

As much as I wanted to like Deadly Target, I didn’t enjoy it.  The story had too many twists and turns and too many characters.  It was hard to follow, and stretched the imagination.  The plotline with its endless action just wasn’t believable, especially towards the end.  Added to those negatives, the main character wasn’t very likable.  That’s why I don’t recommend Deadly Target by Elizabeth Goddard.

I would like to thank Revell Publishers and NetGalley for the opportunity to read a complimentary copy of Deadly Target by Elizabeth Goddard.  I was under no obligation to give a favorable review.
Deadly Target was written by Elizabeth Goddard and is book two in the Rocky Mountain Courage series. It is not necessary to have read book one in order to read this one.

Summary: Erin Larson just wants to live her life in the present, and shut out the past. She is working towards the job she’s always wanted, and has a fledgling podcast she’s determined to get off the ground.

But strange and dangerous things are happening in her life. She and a friend are almost killed in a boating accident, and then she discovers her mother has just tried to commit suicide. Erin rushes home to take care of her mother, and finds herself colliding with the man she’s tried to forget-Nathan.

She’s never gotten over him, but she left because she knows he can never find out her deadly secret. A secret that would change everything.

When Nathan’s father is shot, Erin and Nathan begin to suspect that each tragedy might be related to each other.

A desperate search for answers takes them on a dangerous quest-one not everyone will survive.

Can they find out the truth before more people are hurt? And does all of this somehow have something to do with the secret Erin has been hiding?

My Thoughts: I do not think this book could have contained more action. There was something happening constantly. I enjoyed it, to be sure, but I will say it was so much that it was like HOW can they possibly still be alive??? It was a lot.

But, it was exciting.

There was plenty of mystery, intrigue, and some romance in this one.

I enjoyed it, and if you like action-packed mysteries, this one will probably be up your alley as well.

I would like to thank Revell for providing me with a digital copy of this book in exchange for my review. Thank you!
Deadly Target, by Elizabeth Goddard, is the second book in the Rocky Mountain Courage series. A heart-stopping blend of mystery, suspense, action, faith, and romance make this book especially entertaining. With vivid storytelling that is rich in setting, characterization, and plot, this novel is absolutely gripping. Themes of truth, restoration, faith, courage, and second chances add depth to a story that is utterly captivating.

In Deadly Target, the Rocky Mountain setting adds elements of beauty and danger to the story. This setting, with its rushing river and forested trails, is essential as it enhances the overall sense of secrecy and danger. Abounding with sensory details, the setting is immersive and relevant.

Like the setting, the characters in this book are also compelling. As they work diligently to make sense out of clues that multiply following dangerous and difficult events, they show themselves to be determined and perceptive. Their insecurities are relatable, their motivations are authentic, and they are genuinely sympathetic in their search for meaning and answers. As solutions begin to reveal themselves, the characters also discover that hope, healing, and forgiveness may be available to them as well.

With superb pacing, the well-developed plot creatively discloses important facts and details. Plenty of twists and surprises slowly reveal the truth behind several destructive and troubling events. Page after page, this novel offers a reading experience that is thoroughly riveting and unforgettable.

Deadly Target is exceedingly engaging and intriguing. Its remarkable setting,  memorable characters, and engrossing plot make it a special novel worthy of much attention. I sincerely recommend it to all readers who enjoy excellent romantic fiction that is clean, suspenseful, and meaningful.

*I was given a copy of this book by the publisher. A review was not required. The review I have written is voluntary and contains opinions that are entirely my own.