Cover Image: Holiday Ever After

Holiday Ever After

I've been a fan of Jill Shalvis's books for a while now. When I got the chance to read this, I was excited. This book is three Christmas books in one. Three great stories that will keep you on your feet and give you that warm Christmas spirit. I am grateful that netgalley let me read this in exchange for an honest review.
Jill Shalvis is one of my favorites, and she's the rare romance author that can write novellas that actually grip me. All of these stories were fun, compelling and had great arcs despite the short length. I'm a sucker for a good holiday novella, and these fit the bill.

*I received a review copy from the publisher/author via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.*
I’ve read and liked Jill Shalvis’s previous books, so I was excited for this anthology.

I’m a sucker for anything Christmas, especially when it reminds me of a Hallmark Christmas movie like these 3 short stories did. Her books never disappoint and always leave you feeling emotional and wanting to hug the book afterwards. My only complaint is that I wish the stories were a little longer so I could read more about each.

Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher, and Jill Shalvis for this gifted arc. 4⭐️S
I received an advance reader copy of this book to leave an honest review.  I have read most of Jill Shalvi's works and am a huge fan.  I would recommend most of her books (the Wildstone series and the Heartbreaker Bay series).  Each book can be read as a stand alone.

This book is an anthology of 3 previously published books of Shalvis': One Snowy Night  and Holiday Wishes
 are both Heartbreaker Bay novellas and Mistletoe in Paradis is the 3rd novella.

One Snowy Night follows Rory and Max.  Max works for the main security firm that is portrayed in the series and Rory the pet store that is often shown.  Rory and Max have a history from high school but are not friends now.  When Rory has to get home for Christmas, Max offers her a ride since he is going anyways.  Along the way they hit a snow storm so end up having lots of time to work out their issues with each other and find a new path forward.

Holiday Wishes follows Sean, the brother of Finn from the first book, and Charlotte who runs a B&B.  Sean is throwing is brother a bachelor/bachelorette weekend at Charlotte's B&B but he doesn't know it is hers when he gets there.  Charlotte and Sean have history from high school and Sean regrets how things turned out.  Charlotte is emotionally scarred from it for various reasons but Sean wants another chance.  She needs to learn to re-trust him and see if she can overcome her fears to find love.

Mistletoe in Paradis follows Hannah and James.  very year their two families would get together for a yacht excursion to the tropics.  That all changed after a family tragedy hits both families.  Years later James and Hannah finally see each other again.  They try to ignore their connection and past but slowly they begin opening up to each again.  Can Hannah let go of the stranglehold of her job?  Can James settle down from his wanderlust ways?  Both led such different lives after their tragedies but will they let them continue to tear them apart?

All the books are cute, fast and fun reads.
Jill Shalvis has written three wonderful short stories with all the feels & put them in one book. They can be purchased individually but it’s so much better having them together! You will enjoy each of the stories & the characters in them. Her books never disappoint & this is no exception!!  I received an arc from Netgalley and the publisher for an honest review.
This one was a DNF for me at 20%. The first story was everything I dislike in a romance novel- trite, cheesy, and wildly unbelievable. The pacing of the first 90% of the story was like molasses, and the last 10% progressed so quickly it was unbelievable. Not for me.
Ah sweet and romantic. Love that it's Christmasy that makes everything happier. Great chemistry between characters. Loved it.
Holiday Ever After is an anthology of One Snowy Night, Holiday Wishes, and Mistletoe in Paradise, by the wonderful Jill Shalvis. The stories are quick reads and part of this anthology for the first time.  They definitely put me in the holiday spirit!
A great mix of short holiday stories. One snowy night was my favorite. I want more Rory and Max and Carl. More Carl for sure. I will have to check if there is novel length about this. I feel like the whole setting just drew me in. Like Willa, Archer, what happened on her first night in the park. So many questions. If there is not a series about it, I hope one will be written.
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. I started this book in July as my annual “Christmas in July” book but then we went on vacation and life just pretty much got crazy busy when I returned home, so I just finished it last night. I LOVED IT!!!! It had a Hallmark feel to it but not so G rated and included some steamy, NOT Hallmark-type love scenes. I truly enjoyed all 3 short stories that were in this collection but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the last one- Mistletoe in Paradise. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves happy, feel-good Christmas novels…especially if you’re looking for a quick read.

Thank you to NetGalley, Avon and Harper Voyager for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

To see my other reviews check out my Instagram and Goodreads profiles:
*Goodreads - Cherihy808
*Instagram - bookworm_traveler808
Looking for short stories with romance and Christmas vibe, look no further. All three stories held the perfect amount of story along with a touch of heat. My personal favorite was Holiday Wishes! The first story - One Snowy Night lacked substance. I felt the story dragged a bit for my liking. Keep in mind novellas are always short, but these hit the spot if looking for a quick read!
This book contains three fun novellas. Fans of Jill Shalvis will enjoy reading these stories about characters that appear in other books. The first two take place within The Heartbreaker Bay series and the third one in The Wildstone series.

I received a copy of this book to review through NetGalley.
Three enjoyable quick easy reads.  All had a Christmas/wintery theme along with romance, heartwarming, some humorous moments, adorable "critters" and a feel good feel to them.
Characters were well developed and had relationships that were just meant to be even if life got in the way at times.
Even though I read them in July,  (Christmas in July treat), they will be the perfect stories to get you in the Christmas spirit as we get closer to December. Plus, because they are shorter stories, it's perfect for an afternoon or quick evening way to relax when things get hectic.
I seriously enjoyed this 3 novella book from Jill Shalvis. I've read a few of her others in the past and it was nice to be brought back to her sweet, easy reads. This combination of novellas hooked my romantic heart in, right away. The theme - mistakes of youth - loved it!!! Christmas vibes, the level of "heat" was perfect, great writing and each story was interesting and entertaining.

Thank you #NetGalley for he ARC. I will be searching out more great reads from Jill Shalvis without a doubt!
Title: Holiday Ever After
Author: Jill Shalvis
Publication date: October 26th, 2021

Summary: Three fan-favorite Jill Shalvis novellas are together for the first time in this holiday anthology!

One Snowy Night
It’s Christmas Eve and Rory Andrews is desperate to get home to her family. Problem is, her only ride to Lake Tahoe comes in the form of the annoyingly handsome Max Stranton, her long-time crush, and his big, goofy, lovable dog. A long road trip in a massive blizzard might be just what they need to face their past…and one steamy, snowy night is all it takes to bring Max and Rory together at last.
Holiday Wishes
When Sean O’Riley shows up for his older brother’s bachelor weekend, the last person he expects to see is Lotti Hartford, the woman he lost his virginity to a decade ago. As the weekend continues, Sean realizes he wants to leave his hook-up life behind, but can he convince Lotti to open her heart to him again?
Mistletoe in Paradise
Years after their secret fling ended, Hannah isn’t eager to see James during their families’ annual joint holiday-themed yacht adventure. But when they’re the only people who show up, James and Hannah are stuck together on the high seas for days. As the former lovers try to make the best of the Christmas snafu, they soon realize the best things in life can’t be planned, and sometimes love is sweeter the second time around.

Review: I didn't read the excerpt, I just picked the book so I didn't realize it was three in one. Upside I happened to love this author so much I was willing to blind pick any book they write.

At first I definitely had a hard time starting this book but I stuck with it and it quickly hooked my heart. It ended up being such a sweet, quick story. Makes me want to know more about them. I love how it doesn't matter if the story starts as an enemies to lovers, second chance they all end absolutely beautiful. Very minimal sex scenes, which means it just focuses on their short story. The second story is a bit less Christmas but just as sweet as the first one. It was a cute and quick read but I'm going to have to give it 4 stars. One Snowy Night absolutely tore my heart to shreds.
Holiday Ever After by Jill Shalvis is an anthology of three novellas, One Snowy Night, Holiday Wishes, and Mistletoe in Paradise.  Three romantic, steamy, and engrossing stories with a holiday setting.

In One Snowy night, we meet Rory who needs a ride to Lake Tahoe from San Fransisco and Max is her only option.  Max and Rory have been friends since High School where Rory had a crush on Max, but never felt worthy enough to let him know.  Max has his big dog Carl with him, and Rory falls in love with Carl almost immediately.  Their snowy trip to Lake Tahoe is full of detours and distractions, and that time allows Rory and Max to get closer.

In Holiday Wishes, Lottie Hanfield runs her family’s Bed and Breakfast.  Lottie’s first love Sean has planned a bachelor weekend for his brother’s upcoming wedding at her Bed and Breakfast.  She’s reluctant, but since it’s only a weekend, she figures she can handle the close proximity to the man who broke her heart.  But, when a storm blows through and extends the wedding party’s stay, Sean and Lottie can’t stop their old feelings from resurfacing.

Mistletoe in Paradise takes place on a yacht in the Caribbean, and is my kind of holiday!  Hannah and James had a secret love affair years ago, and they are not happy when they find themselves the only passengers on Hannah’s father’s yacht, sailing in the Caribbean.  Will their forced proximity bring back any old feelings?

These three novellas were all forced proximity tropes with each couple having a past together.  Since each novella was short, the relationships heated up pretty quickly, but since each couple had a past together, it wasn’t unrealistic at all.  Although they were all holiday-themed novella’s, they were not over the top, sappy holiday stories.

Although short stories, I felt connections with all the characters right away and rooted for all three couples to find their happiness.  Even with the short novella format, the author was able to formulate complex backgrounds and emotional stories for these characters.  I received a complimentary copy of this book.  The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
HOLIDAY EVER AFTER is three seasonal stories wrapped up in a delightful book about following your heart. Jill Shalvis took some short stories, a couple of novellas and put together an immensely satisfying trilogy about love, loss and second chances. All three center on unforgettable characters that make you think you have just read an important novel. Jill Shalvis creates some memorable folk and in HOLIDAY EVER AFTER she introduces some of her best.

First up is ONE SNOWY NIGHT. Confession time. As I read this I kept thinking I know these characters. So upon looking it up found I had read and reviewed it five years ago. Loved it then and now. It lost none of its luster. Sign of a great Christmas love story. Stars of this story are Rory, Max and Max’s Doberman Carl. Short version Rory, Max and Carl get sort of stranded in a blizzard in his truck. All on their way to spend Christmas with their families. Rory needs this time with her family to try to rediscover her role in it.

So as I began reading HOLIDAY WISHES I wondered if this too wasn’t a repeat for me and it was. As part of the Heartbreaker series I read and reviewed this story back in 2019. Sean has been charged with planning his brother Finn’s wedding. Sean has a reputation for screwing things up. This is his chance to prove himself. The bachelor party is to be at a BBB owned and operated by none other than one of Sean’s ex-girlfriend Charlotte. Sean had walked away from any permanent involvement with Lotti when they were teenagers. Cut ties totally basically breaking Lotti’s heart.

Story three MISTLETOE IN PARADISE was originally published as a novella part of the Wildstone series in 2020. Guessed I missed it then but so happy to have a chance to read it as part of this trilogy of Christmas stories.

There is a running theme in the three stories Jill Shalvis includes in her Christmas trilogy HOLIDAY EVER AFTER and that is the mistakes of youth. Things that seem so important and vital when you are young somehow have the power to change the trajectory of our lives. And in these three tales just the simple act of walking away, turning your back on perhaps something worth holding onto changes these characters lives. In the stories the author seems to be giving them one more chance to get it right.

MISTLETOE IN PARADISE is a grand way to end this trilogy. James, his brother Jason and Hannah had developed a mutually satisfying friendship while in their teens. Boating on Christmas vacation on Hannah’s fathers boat gave the three of them an opportunity to take chances, try new things while enjoying each other’s company. Hannah’s family life was strange to put it mildly. Many would think of Hannah as the adult in her family group. That never changed. Jason’s death hit hard. James took over his role in the family as best he could. But James had ideas for his future. Hannah dove headfirst into her work. Being together for this short vacation aboard her dad’s boat would be good for both James and Hannah. They need the time away from work to gather their thoughts and give some time to wind down and see what their futures hold. Important is whether they can fit each other into their futures.

Check out HOLIDAY EVER AFTER for a heartwarming book by Jill Shalvis filled with her signature humor and wondrous characters.
Jill Shalvis delivers three novellas in this Christmas themed anthology.  They are combined for the first time but have been preciously written as parts of others series by the author.  All three have couples meeting up for a second time.

One Snowy Night:  Rory is catching a ride from San Fran to Lake Tahoe on Christmas Eve in the middle of a storm.  They knew each other in high school.  She crushed on him but she left home at 17.  Max blames Rory for costing him his chance at college.  This is a forced proximity trope and the only story where I felt I was missing some background that probably came from other books in its series.

Holiday Wishes:  Sean O'Riley shows up at an Inn in Napa with his brothers wedding party.  He wants everything to go perfectly for the brother that has done so much for him.  At the Inn is Lotti Hartford.  They were each others firsts in HS before her family moved away and he ghosted her efforts at staying in touch.  I enjoyed both of these MC's and could easily have read a full novel about them.  A pet parrot adds some extra humor.

Mistletoe in Paradise:  Hannah and Jack's families spent the week of Christmas together on her stepdads commercial yacht while they were growing up.  They haven't seen each other for years.  She has come to deliver divorce papers to her stepdad and Jack has come to tell his parents he wants out of the family business.  This is my favorite story as the characters seemed more developed and have actual growth in the few days together.  There is flirting and tugs at heart strings.

Each story contains steaminess which feels natural especially in the later two stories where they've been together before.  Only in the first did everything feel very rushed.  I will say that although all three are set at Christmastime they could have been at anytime of year.  I'm new to Jill Shalvis and like her writing style and level of heat.  I'm always glad to read new to me authors who already have books (and series) that I can binge through.  Thank you NetGalley and Avon and Harper Voyager for an ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review.
Holiday Ever After is an anthology of One Snowy Night, Holiday Wishes, and Mistletoe in Paradise, by one of my favorite authors, Jill Shalvis. The stories are quick reads, with strong female lead characters unexpectedly meeting up with loves from their pasts in unusual circumstances. The guys who still hold a major piece of their hearts.

In One Snowy Night, Rory and Max meet again when he ends up being her only choice of a ride to get home to see her family, who she hasn’t seen in years. An awkward ride, indeed, but she really has no choice. What could possibly go wrong?

In Holiday Wishes, Sean is the best man planning his brother’s bachelor party at a B&B. While checking in, he runs into an old flame, Lotti. One he admits to himself that he never really got over. He wants to get to know her again, but she’s having none of that. Can he prove to her that he’s grown up and matured?

In Mistletoe in Paradise, Hannah ends up on her stepfather’s yacht, not just to see him for Christmas, but also to deliver some sad news. She never expected to run into James and, worse, be stuck with him for four days. Her plan is to deliver the news and get back home to work. The yacht was never supposed to set sail when it did.

Can chance encounters lead to mended broken hearts, second chances, and new beginnings for three couples who realize they never lost the love they had for one another years ago?

I was given an advance copy from NetGalley and Harper Collins. This review is my honest opinion.
This is a series I have enjoyed since book 1.  All the characters are people you will want to hang out with,  The story line is very interesting.  The perfect Christmas book !!