Cover Image: Dinner on Primrose Hill

Dinner on Primrose Hill

Loved it. A wonderfully diverse group of couples and small town characters. Their variety of situations and methods of meeting or connecting was quite clever. I want more! I don't recall visiting Honey Creek previously, but want to discover what I have missed and also what happens next. There was even a bit of a mystery in this book. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
I have read other novels by Jodi Thomas and enjoyed revisiting one the the couples from before in this one. This is about two professors at a small college in a small town who work together on a research project relating to what attracts people to other individuals of the opposite sex. There are three couples (including the professors) who are personally exploring this question in addition to the actual survey that goes with the research study. They eventually meet to help solve the mystery of who is planting bombs in various places around town. So this book is like a smorgasbord. You have a whodunit, and three separate romances happening all in one delightful read. I recommend this for some light reading -- but only if you have a large block of time to sit down to read because you won't want to put it down.

I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
A typical Jodi Thomas story. This time there are three couples we follow through out the book. At first they have nothing in common but as time goes by their lives intertwine. Each faces a challenge as well as the danger that brings everyone together. I was sorry that it was over. I would have enjoyed seeing more of the three couples.
2 stars
Dinner on Primrose Hill
by Jodi Thomas
Dinner on Primrose Hill was a little difficult to get into as it is filled with a number of characters, each of whom is given their own chapter from their point of view. I initially was drawn into this book and enjoyed it well enough; however, the plot and premise are utterly ridiculous.
I guess this is a sure sign of the author's ability to write characters and stories that I didn't even realize how truly ridiculous the book was until I was almost finished with the book.
I liked the book enough but far too much of the story is forced and there are entirely too many people to keep up with and many of the plots ever never wrapped up. I really wanted to enjoy this book but I was left frustrated with the forced finish and lack of conclusion on some plot lines.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and Netgalley.
Dinner on Primrose Hill by Jodi Thomas is the third book in the series but can be read alone. I devoured it. Once again I am mesmerized by Jodi’s writing and character development. At first I was worried that there were three couples and would I be able to keep up. Each of them are unique in their challenges and relationships that it was such a treat.
Ben and Virginia(Red) – Both professors at the local college. Ben realizes he knows Virginia as red from his college days. She has asked him to help with a research project – The Chemistry of Mating. Ben and is OCD (my words; not the authors) was adorable.
Ketch and Tuesday – you love Ketch from the beginning, and I fell in love with the house as much as he did. Ketch is ex-military, attending the college and working in construction. His girlfriend has broken up with him in a letter. He meets Tuesday and they start a sweet friendship.
Hank and Millie – I loved each of the couples but Hank and Millie may have been my favorite. Everyone in town thinks of Hank as the bad boy. He may be all grown up but they still see him as the reckless youth driving a Harley and riding bulls in the rodeo.  He has not lost his taste for adventure. He runs over (literally) the librarian that everyone loves.
Each of the men were adorable and the women were strong leads for each of them. I highly recommend this book. To date every Jodi Thomas book I have read has been wonderful.  I read this one in two days.
Three couples in Honey Creek- three odd couples, really,  Benjamin and Jenny are both professors.  He doesn't know if she remembers him from long ago.  Ketch is a veteran back in school who falls for Tuesday, a bartender. And Hank meets Millie when he hits her with his motorcycle.  He, as it turns out, is on a bomb squad, which is convenient because someone is leaving bombs around this bucolic town. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.   Yes some of it is stilted and yes there are plot holes but sometimes a sweet story is just what you need,
A Harley, a broken-hearted guy, written by Jodi Thomas. I was entranced from the first sentence. I really felt for Ketch. All his dreams destroyed and he thinks no one will ever love him. There are two other couples who comprise the story and I liked the meshing of their stories. Some of the author’s phrases had me laughing  out loud. I liked all the characters but had a special interest in Ketch. I loved this book because it made me feel good while reading it.
I loved this book.  Told from multiple points of view, it just worked.  Three couples, one young, one in mid-life, and one totally mis-matched, and the way their love stories evolve.

A recently retired military man, dumped by his fiancée can't decide what to do with his life once his well planned future begins to crumble.  His one night of indulgence and self pity opens the door to a new relationship with a woman who can't or won't let herself feel.

A well thought of professor finally realizes his perceived nemesis is.  She is the professor with the office next to his,  How does he know her?  Can the memories they shared at one time come back to them with the intensity of their youth?

A rebellious man who has left his town under a cloud and the librarian who no one knows anything about.  His actions put her under his care, and her actions open his heart.

A beautifully woven story or love, loss, need, and the knowledge that when things happen as a child or an adult and  aren't worked through at the time, they become limiting to us as age takes over.  This book is just homey.  I wanted to crawl under a blanket in my cozy chair and savor the story after I was done reading.
This book placed in Texas (of course) follows numerous people and three couples of sorts quickly form. Their situations are all very different. One couple is formed when the former town bad boy accidently runs over the college librarian. One pair are college professors with offices next to each other and have a history, even if one of them doesn't remember right away. Two others are reluctant friends helping each other out and gradually working their way together. Three romances in one book! BONUS!

I am a huge Jodi Thomas fan and she came through for me once more. Along with the romance there is a mystery thrown in that all of them come together to try to take care of. It was a really entertaining read!

Thanks to Zebra Books and NetGalley for the gifted copy. All thoughts are my own.
You know what you’re getting with a Jodi Thomas novel.  There will be three interwoven stories of lonely people who find a romantic match. It’s the same template, but I always enjoy her characterizations. Her characters are always so likable and I always find myself unable to put the book down to find out how they reach their happy endings.  This newest novel is no different.  There are three couples: one in their twenties, one in their thirties, and one in their forties.  All the stories are engaging and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book that I received from Netgalley; however, the opinions are my own and I did not receive any compensation for my review.
Jodi Thomas returns with book three in the Honey Creek series with six characters whose lives interconnect starting on a seemingly uneventful Spring Break. College chemistry professor Benjamin Monroe has settled into his 40s, content with his predictable life, when his colleague Virginia Clark enlists him in her “Chemistry of Mating” research, seriously tempting him to shake up his routine. Former Army Ranger Ketch Kincaid is a month from graduating college, and ready to settle down, only to be dumped by his fiancée. After getting drunk, he’s saved by shy Tuesday Raine, whose TLC soothes his broken heart, while his friendship changes her insular life.  Librarian Amelia Remington is a lonely woman fixated on her daily routine when she is literally run over by town bad boy Hank Norton.  Nursing her back to health leads to this wanderer growing roots, from his heart to hers.  Love is blooming in small town Texas.

Dinner on Primrose Hill is a cozy, thoroughly enjoyable novel with characters that become family and friends.  Jodi Thomas’ prose is highly engaging, leaving no reader’s emotions untouched.  The themes of family, friendship, love and loss resonate off the page, translated from words into feelings.  Each couple spotlights a unique and distinct love story.  Thomas demonstrates her knack for writing affective love stories with plenty of romantic tension and chemistry, that are also wholesome.  When this book is over, readers will feel like they just visited Honey Creek, Texas.
This is the first Jodi Thomas book that I have read.
I was immediately drawn in by the very pretty cover. You can almost feel like you are standing there looking out.

The story is set in the picturesque town of Honey Creek.
Benjamin and Virginia are college lecturers and colleagues. That’s where the similarity ends. They are as different as chalk and cheese.
When a work project brings them together, they begin to see eachother in a whole new light.

With a wonderful cast of characters, this is a lovely read. Full of heartwarming love and romance.

A truely charming read.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Publication date, 26/10/21

With thanks to #Netgalley and #KensingtonBooks for an ARC of #DinnerOnPrimroseHill by #JodiThomas.
If you’re a fan of Jodi Thomas, you know that she writes series about small towns in Texas which feature different residents’ love stories in each title. They are all sweet and wholesome and this series has a bit of suspense. This title featured some people from the local small college- 2 professors, 1 current student, a past student, the new librarian, and a bomb specialist from Houston who just happened to be visiting his hometown when they started finding pipe bombs placed around town. I’m looking forward to the next volume in the series already! Big thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
DINNER on PRIMROSE HILL brings together a unique set of characters so opposite they come together so perfectly.
Benjamin Moore is just existing in his quiet life, until Virginia Clark, his colleague ask him to help with a research project, “The Chemistry of Mating”.  She is everything he isn’t:  fun, talkative, spontaneous and full of life.  Can they work together?  Not without the help of Ketch Kincaid.  He is Benjamin’s best student, older and just got out of the Army.  While administering the survey he mets a woman with heartache in her eyes., he knows the look. The survey results are in.  The answers surprised me.
I love the unique way love has a way of bringing people together!
This book focuses on 3 couples who have all had hurts in their past.  We follow their relationships as they develop.  Along the way there is a mystery, but the main focus of the book is on the characters.  This is a fast paced read with a good plot and likable characters.   It is part of a series but could be read as a stand alone.  Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
This is the third book in this series. And overall, I enjoyed it. In the first two books, you meet a few people. And I was hoping with this one, you’d get to know more of what happened in those couples lives. But you only see a few of those characters in this book. This one is in the point of view of several characters. Hank, Ketch, and Ben. I enjoyed these characters, but I really couldn’t stand Ben at first. He seemed rude, and his way of describing what Jenny looked like.. no. But, then his views of her completely change. How can you change your opinion so fast? But I love Jenny, she was fun, and smart. As were the other female characters in this book. There were part of this book that drew me in, and I loved, and some parts that seemed to me, to drag. But overall it was enjoyable, and I’ll probably read the next book in this series, just to get a look at the other characters. And see what is happening in this town. If you enjoy a sweet, slow love story, with a bit of a mystery, you’ll enjoy this book.
I have enjoyed The Honey Creek series overall.  They are light, romance reads that move at a well paced speed.  Sometime I think some of their lines are a little unrealistic but overall a fun little read!
Jodi Thomas can be counted on for a thoughtful well-written romance, and this one definitely falls into that category.  I really enjoyed reading about the three couples and how their lives became interwoven.  Thomas is a great story-weaver.
Oh, mayn this book melted my heart and I genuinely feel like I am part of this community so a huge thanks to Kensington books. I rarely read books with multiple points of view and I loved it.

The book follows three different couples.

Benjamin and Virginia Clark, teach at the same college. They have met before but nothing happened. in terms of a serious relationship having  So they rekindle when they work on a thesis studying the mating habits of college students. It was not hard liking Virginia as she was bubbly and carefree.

College librarian Amelia Remington and the wild son of a preacher Harrison Norton literally collide with each other on a rainy street when he runs over her. They bond when he has to take care of her.

Then there is Ketch Kincaid who is in love with Tuesday who he meets on a night he is nursing his broken heart.

I totally adored meeting these very different couples with my favorite being Harrison because he was just swoon-worthy.

Totally loved this book.
I enjoyed this book. I liked that it had intrigue as well as romance. It was a quick, easy read that held my interest.