Cover Image: Still Life and Death

Still Life and Death

This is the third book in the Shepherd Sisters Mystery series and I am really enjoying this cozy mystery series. In this book, the sister's Uncle Max takes a job at Libby’s Blooms, the local florist shop. Libby is a friend to the family, and when Uncle Max finds her dead when he goes in to work one morning, they are all upset and vow to find out what really happened. With their connections to the community and Savanna’s keen eye for details, they uncover longstanding resentments and motives for more than one person.

I am enjoying my visits to Carson, Michigan, but I just read that this is the final book in this series, how disappointing. Although all three sisters are integral to the stories, Savanna is the main protagonist. This is my least favourite of the books as this one seemed to dwell a lot more on personal details and romance than the previous two. The mystery was interesting and when Savanna was doing her sleuthing, but story moved quickly. I enjoyed how she worked together with the police and he often mentioned that she might consider law enforcement as a future career. She does take a few more chances in this book, putting herself in danger, but all is well as the police show up just in the nick of time. The culprit was on both Savanna's and my radar and I was happy to see who it was, as some other suspects would have made me much sadder if it had been them. I enjoyed how the story ended, both in the sister's personnel life and the mystery.
As a person who loves Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, I get excited when Hallmark publishes a mystery! I enjoyed getting to know the characters, especially Savanna and Sydney, and trying to figure out whodunnit. It was nice getting to know Aidan, too. Cozy mystery fans and dog lovers will enjoy this story!
And the mysteries in Carson continue
The author of multiple mystery and romance novels, Tracy Gardner, presents "Still Life and Death. A Shepherd Sisters Mystery from Hallmark Publishing." Skylar, Sydney, and Savanna Shepherd witness an officer storming into the flower shop where their uncle Max is working and that is across the way from Fancy Tails, the store that Sydney owns. And suddenly Max is a suspect in a murder case that Nick Jordan tries to solve, at the same time trying to keep Savanna save. Savanna is not only trying to proof that Max is innocent, but she is also trying to find clues to who might be the true murderer. Will she and Nick succeed and is this the only thing that brings them repeatedly together?
This is the third book by Tracy Gardner which I have read. It is also the third one in Gardner's series about the Shepherd Sisters. I looking forward to read other novels from her. The book holds real and well developed characters. It is easy to read and enjoyable and as usual, one of the typical Hallmark recipes, this time for Chocolate Pecan Brownies, is included. I highly recommend this book to all the readers who want a break and like romantic mysteries.
The complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley free of charge. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#StillLifeAndDeath	#NetGalley
Still Life and Death by Tracy Gardner is the 3rd book in The Shepherd Sisters Mysteries. It can be read as a standalone, but I prefer  to read the books in order so you to get to know the characters and their stories. When Uncle Max finds Libby dead on the roof of Libby’s Blooms Flower Shop, the Shepherd sisters rally around him. How could someone shoot Libby. Sydney, the youngest sister, was close to Libby and taking it the hardest. Savanna with a keen eye for detail, searches for clues to help with the investigation. The author has created friendly characters and a such charming and delightful town. The Shepherd sisters are close, and they care about their family. I liked the whimsical town in Michigan with its friendly residents. Libby’s murder has the Shepherd sisters digging up clues. The mystery was not the only focus of the book. I love the character development and the relationships. Still Life and Death is heartwarming and a charming tale with sisters, family, puppies, beautiful blooms, and an ending to die for!! I couldn't resist. You will enjoy this book.
Thank you to NetGalley and Hallmark Publishing for an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.
Still Life and Death is great on audio. I lost track of time listening to it. I will miss these characters.

This has been a fun series and I really wish there would be more than 3. Solid mysteries with a hint of romance.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher, Hallmark Publishing, through NetGalley. All opinions expressed in the above review are entirely my own.
Savannah is living the good life.  She loves her job as an art teacher at an elementary school, her boyfriend is wonderful, Skylar her sister just had a baby, and her other sister Sidney is enjoying her dog bakery and her boyfriend.  Then a friend of Sidney's is murdered.  Sidney's bakery is across the street from Libby's Blooms.  Who would want to kill her?  The girls are all shaken.  At first, their Uncle is questioned as he is the one who found the body.  Savannah and her sisters start asking questions.  Then the threats start coming.  A rocky thrown threw Libby's Blooms window and another one thrown through Sidney's store window.  Things are heating up.

The sisters are fun.  They are a close family and love solving mysteries.  The community sounds fun, where ever body knows every body else.

The story was great.  Just a fun read to enjoy at night.  There were lots of suspects and some red herrings.
Still Life and Death was such a fun read. Quite enjoyable!!

Great characters and storyline. I especially connected with Savanna.

Can’t wait to read the next installment. Highly recommend if you enjoy  reading Cozy mysteries
Still Life and Death (A Shepherd Sisters Mystery from Hallmark Publishing) by Tracy Gardner
Publisher: Hallmark Publishing
Publication Date: August 10, 2021
Genre: General Fiction (Adult) | Mystery & Thrillers

Still Life and Death is the third book in the Shepherd Sisters Mystery series from Hallmark Publishing, authored by Tracy Gardner. I've had the joy of reading the previous book and loved this one just as much! This cozy mystery is easily read as a standalone, as well as part of the series.

I truly loved this book! The story was great, the mystery was filled with so many twists and turns and the characters are so likeable! This was one book that I did not want to end even though I really wanted to know who did it!

This was such a great cozy mystery, filled with suspense, humor and romance. I couldn't help smiling as I read this. If you're looking for a great cozy mystery, look no further!

I'm so grateful to Tracy Gardner, Hallmark Publishing, and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this ARC ebook in exchange for my honest review
Love the Shepherd sisters, Savannah, Sydney and Skylar. I love their close family ties and their tight-knit community.  This was a fun book, and I really enjoyed reading it. I was guessing up until the end.  I hope this series continues!
Savana Shepherd has settled into life as an art teacher at the local elementary school and her relationship with local doctor Aidan Gallagher is going strong.  When a friend is killed, peace and tranquility just won’t settle in again until the killer is found.

Savanna and her sisters try to figure out who killed Libby, and are working even harder to clear their Uncle’s name as he was the one who found the woman.  Will they solve the murder or will one of them be next?

This is the first book I have read in this series and I enjoyed it.  I will definitely read more in this series and recommend it to the cozy lover.
Still Life and Death by Tracy Gardner is the 3rd book in The Shepherd Sisters Mysteries.  It can be read as a standalone, but I believe it is better to read the books in order.  It will allow you to get to know the characters and their backstories.  When Uncle Max finds Libby dead on the roof of Libby’s Blooms, the Shepherd sisters rally around him.  No one can believe that someone shot Libby.  Sydney, the youngest sister, was close to Libby and is particularly distraught over her murder.  Savanna with her keen eye for detail, searches for clues to help aid the investigation.  The author has created friendly, relatable characters and a charming town.  The Shepherd sisters are close, and they care about their family.  I like the town of Carson, Michigan with its friendly residents.  There are great shops too.  Savanna is dating Dr. Aidan Gallager and she is worried about what other people will say especially at the school.  Sydney is dating Aidan’s brother, Finn.  She cares about him, but his job takes him around the country.  Libby’s murder has the Shepherd sisters digging up clues.  The mystery was not the focus of the book.  I did not feel the author took the time to develop it as much as the other aspects of the book.  There are a couple of suspects along with a red herring.  All the details of why are provided at the end.  Still Life and Death has a heartwarming ending that will leave readers smiling.  Still Life and Death is a charming tale with precious pups, close sisters, a friendly family, a senseless slaughter, beautiful blooms, and a rewarding relationship.
I was excited when I saw the third Shepherd Sisters mystery. I have enjoyed each book so much and I couldn't wait to read this one! I love how Savannah and her sisters have such a close relationship and how they come together to help solve each mystery. Their family is so close-knit and supportive of each other during good times and bad, and the family Sunday dinners sound delicious. The descriptive writing makes me feel like I am in Carson and that I am reconnecting with friends. The mystery was well thought out and had many red herrings. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Still Life and Death is the third book in author Tracy Gardner’s Shepherd Sisters Mystery series. Libby Kent, who owns Libby’s Blooms with her husband Anthony, has worked out a deal with Savanna Shepherd to teach still life art classes in her rooftop greenhouse area using beautiful arrangements furnished by Libby and her assistant, Savanna’s Uncle Max.

When Uncle Max opens the flower shop early one morning he finds a most unpleasant surprise, the lifeless body of Libby.  Why would someone use a silencer to take this lovely lady’s life? Was it the rare violet she had been able to grow from seed for the upcoming flower show? Was it something personal? Savanna uses her keen observational skills to help Detective Nick Jordan solve this most unusual crime.

In her personal investigation, Savanna learns of bitter feelings between local businesses, bad feelings toward the fellow dating Libby’s daughter, and, perhaps, angst between spouses.  When the culprit feels things are closing in first there is vandalism at the flower shop, then at Savanna’s sister’s dog grooming shop, trying to warn them off.

With a heart pounding last few chapters, Savanna is put at odds with a murderer and the good detective arrives just in time.  And this isn’t the only twist in this delightful tale. I very much enjoyed this book and I do recommend it!
FUN READ WITH LOTS OF SUSPECTS AND DABS OF ROMANCE.  I love the Midwest setting with a small town along the banks of the Great Lakes.   While an idyllic setting, Tracy Gardner has created so many suspects with even more alibis for this town of Carson, it is going to be difficult to quickly wrap up this case of who killed the favorite florist, Libby, so thanks, Tracy, for an entertaining read.  Enter Savannah Shepherd along with her two sisters and entire close family clan including her uncle and his husband who has returned from Chicago.  Her. Investigative skills may just be strong enough to making her the next victim.  Mix in a little romance and a yummy recipe.  Thank you NetGalley and Hallmark Publishing for providing an ARC  to read.  I voluntarily leave my honest review..
'Still Life and Death' was a fun mystery that involves the power of family. Savanna sets out to solve the murder of Libby, the head of the town flower shop. Savanna and her sisters are really good at figuring out hidden details. The sup plot between Savanna and Aidan was both heartwarming and humorous, as she seeks to keep details hidden from her colleagues.

I enjoy how these three sisters come together to solve a crime. It's an unshakable bond!

Thank you Hallmark Publishing and Netgalley for this gifted copy.
Another fun Michigan-set cozy mystery.

*Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing an e-galley in exchange for an honest review.
This author was recommended to my by a good friend, and her recommendation has been spot-on. In this, the third book of the Shepherd Sisters series, the characters, setting, and engagement  appear to be settling in for a good run. Gardner is especially good at creating investment in characters and their relationships. There are no cookie cutter stock townspeople or interactions, and the new characters  in this book are good ones.

The development of the actual mystery and its reveal/culminating scene are less effective. In places the details seemed to be a bit forced or eyeroll worthy. Still, I look forward to returning to the town of Carson and the Shepherd Sisters and their clan very soon.

Audio: I’ve listened to the audio versions of all three books in the series, so that is fair testament to their quality. I will say the narrator has a tendency to be a bit whispery and over-emotes, especially at the beginning of the book. Overall, though, she does a solid job.

Thank you to Tracy Gardner (author), Karissa Vacker (narrator), Hallmark Publishing, and NetGalley for an Advance Reader/Listener Copy in exchange for an honest review.
This is the third book in the series; but don't worry if you haven't read the first two. It works as a standalone.

The story centers on the three sisters, Sydney, Skylar & Savannah working together to solve the death of the flower shop owner. These three have great chemistry & it is enjoyable watching their interactions. They work well together & it's like 3 parts to a whole.

The setting is a small Michigan town that has all the charm & diversity one expects from a cozy mystery. Characters are fun and it is a good entry in this genre.
I love this series!! This is the third installment and I read all 3 over 2 days, I want more already. I listened to the audio version, the narrator is beyond perfect!! The narrator’s voice reminds me of Jess from Chesapeake Shores and I can’t imagine a better narrator for this sweet series. I’ve actually added her to my list of narrators to look for because I love her voice so much. I would love to see this made into a Hallmark show series, I can already picture the Shepherd Sisters!
This is the 3rd installment in the Shepherd Sisters Mystery Series.  Savanna Shepherd is the middle sister of the Shepherd sisters (Skylar is the oldest and Sydney is the youngest) and has moved back to Carson Michigan from Chicago a couple of years ago.  She was an art authenticator at a museum in Chicago but has become an art teacher and is loving every minute of it.  She is excited that her Uncles Max and Freddie have moved to town and Uncle Max is working at Libby’s Bloom Flower shop where Savanna is also conducting an art class on the rooftop greenhouse a couple nights a week.  On Friday night all is well at the shop after her class and she waits as Uncle Max locks up for the night.  The next morning, Savanna, Skylar and Sydney are having their Saturday morning coffee at Sydney’s dog grooming business they notice a commotion across the street at Libby’s Blooms and are concerned for their Uncle Max.  They rush over there and learn that Uncle Max found Libby dead upstairs in the greenhouse.  Uncle Max is initially a suspect so the Shepherd sisters start to investigate to clear their Uncle although he tells them not to worry.  As they find information they share everything with Detective Jordan (who is more receptive at receiving their information).  Their Uncle is cleared but now the sisters are on the radar of the killer.  I love all three sisters and how they work together and are all about family.  The Shepherd family is so close and with the addition of Dr. Aidan Gallagher as Savanna’s love interest and Finn Gallagher as Sydney’s love interest it keeps things interesting.  Love the family Sunday dinners.  When Skylar is stressing about doing it all after her second child her sisters are there to help support her.  This was a good mystery with lots of possible suspects and what a great ending to the mystery as well as great ending overall.  Looking forward to the next installment in this series.  Highly recommend.