Cover Image: Holding On When You Want to Let Go

Holding On When You Want to Let Go

“Remember you are being held in the arms of the One who is everything you need.”

Holding On When You Want To Let Go is an inspiring and encouraging book. Sheila Walsh is real, open and honest, and there is something really comforting about reading a book by someone who’s experienced what they are talking about, not just studied it in order to write a book.

This book is full of hope and encouragement, and so much truth taken straight from Gods word, which Sheila reminds us is a great and necessary tool to use as we keep holding on.

I love how each chapter ended with a three point summary, a great way to allow you to flip back through and remember the key points, and then a short prayer.

Recommend this book to anyone who is tired of struggling to keep going in their own strength, this book gives you the tools to continue on in Gods strength.
This book is for anyone wishing they could go back to a happier time in their life.  A must for those of us who feel that life is not what we expected it to be and we feel stuck with little to no hope.  Walsh provides encouragement throughout by anchoring her words in God's promises.  She makes the reader feel like this is temporary and provides solutions along the way.  A book full of promise without unreasonable expectations.  Such a life-changing read.
Holding on When You Want to Let Go, by Sheila Walsh, is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time! It’s accessible, and easy to read and understand. Sheila authentically and openly shares her life and her struggles, all while surrounding her stories with Scripture, God’s promises, and His truth.

Let’s face it, life is hard. There are times we feel alone, or like we’ve been crying out for help and hearing only silence. We all have questions and doubts, it’s human nature. This book speaks to many of those issues with specificity and clarity.

Holding on When You Want to Let Go is filled with personal anecdotes, lessons learned in life, applicable Scripture, biblical references, ample encouragement and a heart-to-heart talk-style narrative. It’s humorous, heartfelt, and relatable.

If you are feeling weary and worn out from life’s hardships, questions and doubts, you need to pick up this book. It was exactly what I needed to read at this moment in time. This is a book I am sure I will return to time and time again. Thank you, Sheila, for sharing your heart and life with your readers, and giving us strength and purpose to carry on strong in the Lord and in this life we’ve been given.

Thank you to NetGalley and Baker Books for the free advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Great book! I really can relate to what Sheila says in this book! If you are struggling, this is a great book for you!
True to Sheila Walsh’s style, she is very candid and open with her personal struggles, tragedies, and triumphs (because of God). This book is a great big dose of encouragement. I especially enjoyed the chapter 9 “Held by the One who Changed Everything.” Because it’s one of my favorite things to study, I also appreciated the section that looked closely at the names of God.
Holding On When You Want to Let Go is a Christian self-help book by Sheila Walsh.

Summary:  This book is intended to provide hope to those who are hurting.  The author provides personal stories, Biblical stories, and other examples of hard circumstances, and what it looks like to hold on to God through life's trials.

My Thoughts:  This book wasn't quite what I thought it would be.  I appreciated the author's humor, and there were several times I stopped and re-read some pearls of wisdom.

But it felt like the author wandered off topic a few times, and I didn't feel like I got as much out of it as I had hoped.

Overall, it was an OK book for me.  I wrote a few things down, but it was more of a one-time read for me.

I would like to thank Baker Books for providing me with a free digital copy of this book in exchange for my review.
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a good book. I found it very helpful and I enjoyed how honest the author was about her personal struggles.
This is the first book that I read by Shelia Walsh and now I will be searching for more by this talented and anointed author. I loved how Shelia shared from her heart an allowed herself to be authentic and vulnerable to the reader. She doesn’t always hold it together and she doesn’t wear masks that protect herself from the possible judgement of others.  As I was reading, I felt as though I was having deep conversations with a true friend who could see into my very heart.  As she shared her own personal reflections I found a source of healing in my own heart through her wisdom and insights.  She navigated and path to help me (the reader) walk through some tough feelings.  I am a better — and more healed person as a result of reading this book.  I would most definitely recommend to others who need some hope to cling to to when they just want to let go.

I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher for my honest review and opinion.
Sheila has did it again. I love how real and raw she is. This book is definitely one that I will recommend for a long time. It’s like she was in my mind when this book was written.
Sheila Walsh is always readable and always thoughtful.  She avoids giving the so-called right answer or any easy option.  But she is compassionate, understanding and empathetic.
In "Holding On When You Want to Let Go", Sheila Walsh shares vulnerably from her own struggles and story -- offering words of hope, truth, and encouragement to readers.
Holding On When You Want to Let Go
Thought-provoking book, that's selectively transparent. Worth reading again.
#Holding on When You Want to Let Go#  by Sheila  Walsh is a Christian living  book. Sheila is an author, Bible teacher and television host. She is  the cohost of Life Today.   She  has  written many  practical books. She  wants to make the Bible  practical and personal.   She  shares her heart  and life  difficulties  when she writes.   I  find her personal  stories  so real and  so  easy to   connect with.   Sheila  shares about her   very difficult times and  how we can  find  that Jesus can help us and meet us where we are at  in our times of need. She  encourages us to hold on to Jesus and  draw  close to Him so He can draw near to us. She  encourages us to pray and read our Bibles during times of  difficulty. The   book is well written and a  huge  help during times of difficulty.  Sheila wrote a Bible  study  guide to go  with #Holing On When You Want to Let Go#.   The book would be good for a   Women's  Bible study.    I  commend Sheila for  writing this book and sharing her  heart   to others who might need it.  Thank you to the publisher and Sheila for allowing me to read and review this book.   I  hope it is successful to help many in their time of need.
Holding On When You Want To Let Go is the most recent book written by well-known Christian author, singer, speaker, and talk show host, Sheila Walsh.  Having read and studied many of her books, I can honestly say that this is one of her best.  She addresses a difficult subject that many have experienced in life at one time or another but few talk about, her own experience with depression.  Reading this book during a difficult time in my life, I found it to be a guidebook of sorts.  I was able to get through that time with the help of this book. Sheila walks the reader through her journey of how clinging to God and His Word of hope to hold on to life.  When it seems as though everything is falling apart and you’re at the end of your rope, this book provides the light needed to allow you to hold on to life feeling in control, held, forgiven, and hopeful.
Loved this book!  Sheila always pours out her heart in her writing.  This time I felt as if she was talking directly to me.
This book is amazing! While it speaks to my season right now,  I know it will speak to you in the season you are in right where you are at. Sheila shares real truths that illuminate God's word and take you to the depth of hard places. Her words help cultivate healing and reveal the truth that God is IMMANUEL- God with us. He is with us at the deepths of what we have believed and His word illuminates the truth. This book helps highlight the lies that have been running rampant in lives so God's truth and perspective are revealed.
Sheila uses illustrations from her own struggles and shares verses and Bible examples which have encouraged her.

I was encouraged by the reminder in Chaper 8, God does not always change our circumstances. He often works in our hearts to change us. Reading Chapter 7, I appreciated the teaching around faith and trust in God.

I recommend this book to anyone who faces a feeling of loneliness, or disconnect from Christ due to circumstances beyond their control. Even if life seems to be going OK your faith will be strengthen reading Holding on When you Want to Let Go
This author never fails to pull me in. When I saw the title I had different people in mind who I would send it to..but it was I who needed every word that was written. Every chapter allowed my soul to open that box of stored up disappointments, unanswered prayers and failures..I had so neatly put away.. A must read to allow yourself to release all your holding on to and trust Jesus to direct your steps. Joy is not based on your circumstances, I found it is through knowing Jesus..
If the pandemic has taught us nothing else, it's that we are all prone to feeling depressed, sad, anxious, out of control, alone, and scared. But what do you do when you just want to let it all go and be done with the anxiety, depression, and being alone?

Sheila takes us straight back to Scripture and shares example after example of Christians who felt exactly the same way. What did they do? Turned to the Lord. Sheila walks us through how, even when we feel completely lost and done, the Lord has always been in control and nothing surprises him. What comfort we can take from knowing that we don't have to be in control and that Someone greater than us has everything in hand!

This book is quickly becoming one of my most highlighted and beloved books. If there was ever a time that we needed encouragement such as Sheila provides, it's now.
Sheila Walsh is an inspiring Christian author who shares her personal life, struggles and successes and triumphs with us. I was given the privilege to review an early release copy of this book: Holding on When You Want to Let Go: Clinging to Hope When Life is Falling Apart.

If we are honest, we have all been there at some point in our lives. Feeling shame, feeling alone, feeling “less than” or “not good enough”.  Sheila wrote this in 2020 in the midst of the fear, anxiety, aloneness and uncertainty of coping with living in a pandemic. Mixing personal stories with Scripture and honesty
Sheila gives 5 chapters of “Holding On” - “…When Life Feels Out of Control”
-“…When You Feel Alone”
-“…When God is Silent”
-“…When You’re Afraid”
-“…When You’ve Messed Up”
Then she helps guide us to what it means to Be Held.
-“Held by the Promises of God”
-“Held by the God Who Rescues”
-“Held by the God of Miracles”
-“Held by the One Who Changed Everything”
And finally to “Let Go! You Are Being Held”
At the end of each chapter is an overview of truths.

“The greater truth is this: nothing was or ever has been out of God’s control. God has always been in control.”

“Sometimes the greatest ongoing battle we face isn’t dealing with what has been done to us but dealing with how that action has marred our own image of who we are in Christ. Unfortunately, many of us live with those distorted images every day of our lives.”

This book is for anyone who feels alone, feels like they’ve lost their grip and reminds us of our God, the One who always Holds us close, even when we doubt His Presence.
 Posted on Goidreads and Amazon