Cover Image: The Woman on the Beach

The Woman on the Beach

An interesting page turner about friendship, loss, new beginnings and hope.  I enjoyed the initial mystery but quickly became confused with the frequent jumping back and forth in time, and  just a little disappointed in the ending,   I’d have liked another twist at the end! But overall a good read.
Thanks NetGalley, Bookouture and Julia Roberts for an ARC to review.
I really enjoyed the story but the writing less so,  I just found the style a little annoying,  having said that,  I did want to find out what happened so it kept me engaged!
Liv, Grace and Sophie have been best friends since they were at school. Live thought see saw her dead friend on a beach in Mexico. Liv is taking a break from her marriage to Jamie and decides to visit Grace. There's been a lot of tragic events in Liv's life recently. Could the stress be making her mind play tricks on her?
This book had me so confused to start with and I had to make notes for who was who, but once I figured the characters out it turned into a very emotional read. Box of tissues on standby. Highly recommended
Each page had me desperately turning the pages trying to discover what was going to happen next.  The Woman on the Beach is an emotional, captivating read with twists and red herrings that keep you engrossed throughout.

After a tragic accident, the lives of three friends, Sophie, Liv and Grace are devastating changed.  When Liv spots a woman on the beach that might be Sophie, who is supposed to be dead, a chain of events are set in place that makes for an entralling, heart-rending read.

With a gripping plot filled with emotion and depth, as well as characters that are written so well that you feel you know them intimately.  This novel will have you mesmerised from beginning to end.
I am so glad I chose this book. It is a beautifully thought out story that will  tug on your heart strings and want you to keep on reading to see what happens next.
This story is a must read one. After reading it I can totally see it made into a tv series because it has everything I want from a gripping and addictive show.

Long time friendship filled with love, companionship and trust and heartbreak and mystery.

The story is told in multiple pov and timelines, but once you got over 25% mark, it’s very easy to understand what’s going on and who is who.

Liv is going through a lot in the background and while taking some time off from her life, on a beach in Mexico, she spotted a very familiar face. It’s unbelievable that it could be the same woman she once had but lost her in a tragic event years ago.

There are so many twists and turns with each chapter that I was actually holding my breath for what’s to happen next. I had my theories made up pretty much early in the story and most of them were right by the end of the last chapters, but I must admit that there are so many unpredictable things that I haven’t seen coming my way.

If you love a good psychological story with family and friendship bonds and secrets, this is definitely the book for you.

Very grateful to the publisher for my review copy.
Brilliant book
Loved this from the start
Your friend is killed in a train crash but a woman standing on the beach in Mexico before you has a tattoo just like her friend .
But it can’t be Sophie can it ?
This book will pull you in and have you hooked from the start
Loved this book can’t wait for her next
Thanks NetGalley
A good read, but one I did skim over at times. There were complex characters, and enough twists, but none of them felt particularly daring. Still, I read it quickly, this would make a good beach/holiday read.
A great gripping read full of lies and family secrets, plenty of complex characters and emotional topics that meant that I couldn't put it down until I had finished it in one sitting.  Definitely recommended
If you haven't read any books by Julia Roberts where have you been........I can Highly recommend all her books and they have all been a 5 star read! So when her latest book came out called The Woman on the Beach
I had to put everything on hold for the day, find my comfy spot, turn social media and my iphone off and open my kindle........Wow.......I was gripped from the very few pages till the end.
This latest book had some cracking twists and turns throughout and its about a long friendship between 3 girls. Grace, Liv and Sophie.
Liv is on a trial separation from her husband Jamie and is still grieving the sudden death of her dear friend Sophie and has headed off on holiday alone to Mexico for some me time. Plus, this was their favourite place to go as friends.
Whilst sitting on the beach listening to the sea Liv spots a couple in the distance coming out of the water. They're all loved up, the woman raises her arm, and from a distance Liv recognises the tattoo which is on her arm - it's the tattoo only Sophie had designed to cover up an injury she had a few years previously.
Liv could not help her self and shouts out "Sophie!" But, I must be going mad! Sophie is Dead! and I must of been mistaken! ?

WOW.....Who was she?

Was she Sophie?

This book is a gripping read and will have you on the edge of your seat wondering is Sophie alive and she did not die?

Big Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture and the author Julia Roberts for my ARC of The Woman On The Beach in exchange for an honest review.
I was hooked on this book very early on. The scene on the beach in Mexico is dramatic, unusual and intriguing as we really don’t know what is going on – can it really be Sophie?

I loved the way the story and characters developed. There were unexpected twists, cliff-hangers and you are led down quite a few paths of assumption before you uncover the truth. Liv is a wonderful and sympathetic character. She is suffering through her own struggles but still comes across as a wise, caring, compassionate and loyal person.

There is a whole cast of complex, believable characters in this book and it meant I became so completely immersed in these character’s dilemmas and psychological tensions, that I almost forgot it was fiction I was reading. The author touches on very real and raw issues, such as relationship breakdown, addiction, suicide, identity, miscarriage and grief. This ensures that this is an emotionally charged book, but these issues are sensitively dealt with and the book is beautifully written and effectively structured to ensure the reader is completely gripped and engrossed.

Overall, I feel it is completely fair to compare this author and book to the likes of Amanda Prowse and Susan Lewis, who are two of my favourite authors. I am looking forward to reading more by this author!
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle by Bookouture  and #NetGalley for my honest opinion.

I had a difficult time putting this tear-jerker down. It was beautifully woven, captivating and endearing.
The Woman on the Beach by Julia Roberts

📓Genre: General Fiction | Women's Fiction
Star: 🌟🌟🌟🌟 (3.7 stars rounded to 4 stars)

🔖 The core element of this story is based on the lives of three women and their friendship spanning years.
🔖When Sophie (one of the three friends) dies, her death leaves a gaping and irreversible void in the lives of the remaining two – Liv and Grace.
🔖While both women try to deal with the loss in their own ways, the author has beautifully penned the emotional ups and downs that storm their minds and influence their decisions.
🔖The first significant twist in the tale occurs when a grieving Liv, while on a Mexican beach, briefly notices a woman who she swears is none other than Sophie. And that is where the actual mystery starts.
🔖Told through multiple and alternating POVs, the story starts off slow, as scenes are set and characters are introduced, but the secrets, shifting timelines and the multi-layered characters soon intrigued me to keep reading.
🔖I admit, there were some parts which weren't to my liking, specially some of the things the characters did and said, but the story as a whole was engaging.
🔖Overall, this book is a good emotional mystery.

🔸Final Verdict: Good
🔸Book Cover: Goes perfectly with the story.
🔸Writing Style: Emotional
🔸Character Development: Good

✨Many thanks to Bookouture (Publisher) and Netgalley for sending me the ARC in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

#TheWomanontheBeach #NetGalley #arc #bookreview
Sophie, Liv and Grace have all been friends since school, their friendship remaining as strong as ever even as their lives took them in different directions. When Grace moves to Spain they decide to visit her, and it is on this trip that Grace and Sophie are involved in a terrible train accident where Sophie sadly loses her life.

Grace is unable to cope with the fact she survived the accident yet Sophie died, and she soon begins to withdraw into herself and removed herself from everyone’s lives. This is especially difficult for Liv, as she tries to come to terms with the loss of Sophie and the disappearance of Grace.

When Liv’s marriage begins to struggle under the weight of grief they both carry with them, Liv decides to travel to Spain in the hope of reflecting on her life, and this is of course the last place that she visited with her two closest friends. When she arrives and takes a walk on the beach the wind is knocked out of her when she see’s a woman that looks just like Sophie – but of course, Sophie is dead, so surely it is a trick of the mind?.

Liv is still overwhelmed by the uncanny resemblance the woman on the beach has to her friend, and this forces her decision to leave and return home. The book is then told from various perspectives, alternating between the past and present tense as we explore the fallout of the day that changed their lives forever. We learn more about this group of friends as individuals as each chapter passes, allowing us to form a better picture of who they truly are.

With wonderfully developed characters and a storyline that has you invested to the very end, this is a truly marvellous read.
This book most definitely deserves everyone of my five stars. Julia Roberts is a new author for me and I’m so glad I chose this book as a first.
Liv, Sophie and Grace have been friends since high school and swear to be there for each other always! Unfortunately life has very different ideas when Sophie suddenly dies!
Liv is devastated by this and can’t believe when she thinks she sees Sophie on a beach in Mexico. What is the mystery surrounding Sophie’s death and why has Grace suddenly disappeared from liv’s life too.
There are twists and turns that I didn’t see coming, I read this book almost in one sitting. It was a truly wonderful book that made me want to cry at the unfairness of the 3 friends life’s.
Massive thank to Bookouture and NetGalley for the chance to read an early copy of this great book.
This was an interesting book about friendship, family, loss and questioning who to trust, who to believe.  I can not say much about it without giving away to much of the story. It kept me reading, wanting to understand what happened in the past and what happened next. Thank you NetGalley for the ARC.
If there is something I love as much as a morally grey character, it's an unreliable narrator. This book is the story of three girls whose friendship is so strong that they can tell each other everything---IS IT REALLY???? The girls thought so at least but then each one of them has to deal with a different kind of devastating and painful experience and they have to decide how much to tell the others. Julia Roberts tells the story from three different POVs and you, the reader, are the only one who (presumably) knows the whole story---at least that is what YOU think when you read the book. But everything is not what it seems. The author takes you on a rollercoaster ride through emotional struggles, doubt, grief, etc. She keeps you guessing what really happened until the very end. You think you have it all figured out and root for the girls and then, bam!, you get another piece in this puzzle and start doubting your own theories.
While the last Julia Roberts book I read made me ball my eyes out (read my review of My Mother's Secret here: https://www.healthybodymindandsoul.net/healthy-mind-blog/warning-warning-this-one-is-a-tearjerker-do-not-open-if-you-dont-like-crying-your-way-through-a-book-blog-tour), this book kept me at the edge of my seat, not only because I could relate to two of the girls' stories on a very personal level but also because one of the girls is such an unreliable narrator that you keep wondering throughout the book if you can believe what she is saying or if the events did not really happen the way she believes they did. Thank you, Julia Roberts, for giving me hours of thrill, heartbreak, and entertainment!
It’s a really rare thing to be able to keep the friendships you made when you were just kids and it’s an indescribable tragedy when a friend you have managed to hang on to for so long is stolen away by death. But is that what really happened? When Liv thinks she spots Sophie on a beach whilst holidaying in Mexico, it can’t be possible. Sophie died in a horrific train accident three years ago. Didn’t she?

The Woman on the Beach is a gripping and emotional tale that had me immediately intrigued and enraptured from its opening. As the story progressed, the ending of each chapter left me wanting more and I needed the answers as much as Liv. When I got them, they were so far removed from how I thought it was going to play out, which is such a credit to Julia Roberts, as she leads you down one path only to throw one massive curveball into the mix which changed everything. It definitely shook me up!

Beautifully written, I really loved this book. It deals with friendship, love, hope, grief and it will just hold you captive. Once again, Julia Roberts has delivered another wonderful read that had me hanging off her every word. It really got under my skin and even had me shedding a tear or two. If you like domestic drama’s then make sure you add this one to your reading. You won’t be disappointed.

Thank you to Julia Roberts, Bookouture and NetGalley for allowing me to read an advanced copy of The Woman on the Beach, which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
Liv, Grace and Sophie have been friends for years. Sophia and Grace are on a train in Spain and Sophia is killed. Liv is in Mexico and she sees a woman on the beach with the tattoo that Sophia had on her arm. Liv cannot get the idea out of her head that it is Sophia that was on the beach.
A very suspenseful book with some twists too.  I could not put this down I had to finish this book.