Cover Image: Little Bones (Detective Lottie Parker Book 10)

Little Bones (Detective Lottie Parker Book 10)

This is one of the most exciting and nerve racking books in the DI Lottie Parker series. As the series has grown and evolved the characters have become old friends that you enjoy catching up with again and again. This new book has all the elements needed to keep the reader involved and energised by the character that is Lottie Parker. It starts off with one tenuous thread of a murder that weaves into another thread and then another until a tapestry of a fabulous plot unfolds as you delve further into the book. There is fear, tension, intrigue aplenty as the author reveals the story . Taking you on a fast paced, page turning , thrill packed murder mystery that will desperate to find out what and where Lottie will end up in her next investigation.
Another great book by this author
A little boy missing and a few murders
Lottie and her team will have to solve them to get to the truth
I was disappointed when I finished this book as I know I will have to wait a while for the next one in the series
Brilliant
Thanks NetGalley
Absolutely wonderful. Unputdownable. Outstanding. A breathlessly fast paced, intriguing, stunner of a thriller. Loved. This author and this series - just wow!
When a young woman is found murdered, her screaming child the only witness Lottie Parker knows she's after a seriously disturbed individual. But then another young woman goes missing along with her four year old son. Lottie is convinced the two cases are linked and is soon proved right when she discovers the two women were meeting in secret. To save the boy and his mother she's in a race against time to work out their connection.

This is the tenth visit to the murder capital of Ireland and things are just as fresh a book one. Lotties still making bad decisions but been a fantastic detective, Ragmullin continues to have a disturbingly high death rate for such a small town! Entertaining and yet gritty, another great book from Patricia Gibney.
It's gritty, gripping, entertaining and heartbreaking at the same time.
It's a dark story, disturbing at times, with flash of normality and a great detective.
Lottie is a great character: a woman who solves complex mysteries but also tries to go on with her private life and face the challenges like a lot of women.
The plot is full of twists and turns, fast paced and it kept me guessing.
It's the second book i read in this series and I loved it. It can be read as a stand alone.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
'Little bones' by Patricia Gibney is  the next book in the Lottie Parker series. This story starts off slowly showing you many parts of a puzzle and the picture that forms in the end is really thrilling.

I have read the previous book in the series and Lottie Parker is one detective who stayed with me. She is so normal facing her life situations and challenges and solving the craziest cases at the same time. I love her energy, her focus and her determination.

A lady finds a small bone on a hill, another one is found murdered in her home with a little child in the cradle, a third woman goes missing. Are all these events connected and how will Lottie solve all of these together? The journey of reading this story was thrilling and exasperating as with every clue I felt now I would get answers but like a puzzle it all unfolds in the end.
The plot is intricate with many characters. I fell in love with a few and despised a few others but that's how thrilling stories are right?

If you love to read crime thrillers solved by women detectives then this one is for you. If you love crime thrillers then this one is definitely for you

I thank Bookouture and Netgalley for approving my request to read the book and review it and all opinions expressed are mine.
4.5 Stars

Gritty, gripping and unflinching, Little Bones is the tenth unputdownable Lottie Parker crime thriller by the fabulous Patricia Gibney.

Isabel Gallagher is a young mother who is found murdered in her baby’s nursery. Her pyjamas have been ripped, her throat has been cut and a razor blade has been put in her hand. Lottie Parker is called onto the scene and she cannot believe that somebody would be so cruel and ruthless. Who would want to kill Isabel in such an atrocious manner? And who would want to destroy this perfect family and tear it apart? Lottie has already had her fill of gory murders for the day, but there is a further nasty surprise in store for her when she is informed that a young mother, Joyce Breslin, has gone missing and her four year old son Evan has been abducted from daycare. When a bloody razor blade is found in Joyce’s house, Lottie is convinced that both cases are linked. With time not on her side, Lottie needs to work hard to find Evan and bring a killer to justice.

Working against the clock, Lottie’s investigation hits another setback when Joyce’s body is found. However, that is nowhere near the end of the macabre shocks that have characterised this investigation as some little bones have also been found on a windy hillside. There is a dangerous killer on the loose who is absolutely merciless and Lottie needs to do whatever it takes to bring Evan back to safety and lock this ruthless murderer up for good before more innocent lives are lost.

If you like Val McDermid’s books, then you are absolutely going to love Patricia Gibney’s hard-hitting and compulsively readable Lottie Parker thrillers. In Little Bones, she has penned a chilling, disturbing and creepy read that is certainly not for the faint-hearted, but one that will keep readers engrossed until the early hours of the morning.

Lottie Parker is certainly up against it in Little Bones and she is tested and challenged like never before. But what makes her such a great detective is her sensitivity, intelligence, drive and determination to right wrongs and ensure that justice is served.

Tense, terrifying and brilliantly addictive, Patricia Gibney knocks it out of the park yet again with Little Bones.
Heartbroken. It’s the only word describing how I feel after reading this book. There is so much going on, that it was hard to imagine how things could tie together. But, in the end, everything fell into place. Brilliant read, highly recommended.
As a big fan of this series and having read all the previous books, this book was a nice addition to the collection, indeed.

Lottie is investigating the murder of a young mother when another young mother disappears. What, if anything, ties these two women together? Inbetween trying to solve a murder/disappearance, Lottie is also attempting to carve out time for her relationship with Boyd and her kids as well. It is a bit of a juggling act and not one she does entirely successfully. She also has Farrell on her back.

A gripping book with a lot of layers and a bit of a silent "thanks" to the universe that my life isn't as complicated as Lottie's!

4 stars from me.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture.
Little Bones Patricia Gibney
I absolutely love this series, and wanted to read this book without reading the blurb. I think each book is better than the one before as we get to know Lottie more. My heart was in my mouth at times reading this story, this book was hard to put down and I really enjoyed it.
BLOG TOUR REVIEW

Review for 'Little Bones' by Patricia Gibney.

Read and reviewed via NetGalley for Patricia Gibney, Bookouture publishers and Bookouture anonymous

Publication date 22nd September 2021.

This is the first book I have read by this author. It is also the tenth book in the 'Detective Lottie Parker' series but can be read as a standalone.

I was originally drawn to this book by its stunning eye catching cover and intriguing sounding synopsis and title. The synopsis stated that this book is 'A perfect read for fans of Angela Marsons, Robert Dugoni and Rachel Caine.' I am a huge fan of Angela Marsons so am looking forward to seeing if this lives up to this statement. I must admit I was also biased due to the publisher being Bookouture. I have yet to read a book published by Bookouture  that I haven't enjoyed. Hopefully this won't be the first... Watch this space! (Written before I started reading the book).

This novel consists of a prologue, 77 chapters and an epilogue. The chapters are short to medium in length so possible to read 'just one more chapter' before bed...OK, I know yeah right, but still just in case!

This book is based in Ireland 🇮🇪 , UK 🇬🇧. I always enjoy when books are set in the UK as I'm from Wales and have sometimes visited areas mentioned in the book. This makes it easier to picture where the scenes are set at times. I have in fact been to Ireland several times and love it there so am looking forward to "visiting" again.

This book is written in third person perspective and the main protagonists are Detective Lottie Parker and Mark Boyd. The benefits of third person perspective with multiple protagonists are that it let's you see the bigger picture of what's going on and you get to know more characters more, what they are thinking and what they are doing. It feels like you get to see the whole picture and not miss out in anything. To have the benefit of both first and third person perspective ensures you don't miss out on anything.

'Little Bones' discusses some topics that may trigger some readers or may not be suitable for others. I like to point this out ahead of time in my reviews so you can judge if this book is for you or not. In this book Patricia discusses/includes child abduction, murder of a child and strong language.

Wow!! What an absolutely riveting, non stop action packed crime thriller!!! I was abs hooked from the first page to the last!!! This book is extremely well written with vivid descriptions that absorbs the reader into the storyline. The cover, title and synopsis suit the plot perfectly.

Although this is the tenth book in the series I had absolutely no problems reading it without the others. Any details or events that have previously happened are mentioned in just the right amount of detail to let a new reader know what has happened and yet not too much to bore a previous reader. This was an explosive introduction to the series for me and I cannot wait to get my hands on the previous books on the series as well as any new releases. The storyline is filled with suspense, crime, friendship, lies, romance, murder, secrets, family and lies and filled with tension which left me on the edge of my seat biting my nails with my heart pounding throughout. It is very fast paced and rammed with action and loads of red herrings. I had no idea who was involved and was shocked when it was revealed so a HUGE well done to Patricia on shocking me. I have read so many crime books it is getting harder and harder for me to be surprised but you achieved it so congratulations!! Also congratulations on an absolutely fantastic book and if this book is anything to go by then an absolutely fantastically explosive series!!!

It is set over/includes multiple time lines. When books show what has happened in the past and what is happening in the present I find it really helps the reader (if it is well done) understand why things are happening and what has lead to the present activities and decisions. It also shows the bigger picture.

It is always worrying when starting a new series as you have no idea who the characters are. It is very important for me to bond with not only the lead protagonists but strangely I find it important that I like the pathologist too. In this case I am pleased to say that I really liked Lottie, Mark and the majority of the team. I liked Lottie's kick butt attitude and that she doesn't take any crud. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better from the previous books. Mark seems to be a sweet guy and it will be interesting to see how his and Lottie's relationship develops or if it will even survive with the cliff hanger ending but I shall say no more as I don't want to spoil it for future readers. I was a bit confused for a whole with the large amount of characters involved but I gradually worked it out. I enjoyed the fiery team dynamics and enjoyed that there was tension and fights in the team as it portrays the truth that a team won't always get along.

Congratulations Patricia on a fantastic read and welcome to my favourite crime author list!!! I am looking forward to reading your previous and future successes and here's to your next 🥂!!

Overall a page turning and addictive explosive crime thriller that will leave you on the edge of your seat throughout!!

Genres covered in this book include Thriller, Suspense, Psychological Fiction, Mystery, Police Procedural and Crime Fiction amongst others.

I would recommend this book to the fans of the above as well as fans of Angela Marsons, CL Taylor, Carol Wyer, Karin Slaughter, PJ Tracy and anyone looking for an explosive new series to sink their teeth into!!!

407 pages.

This book is just £2.99 to purchase on kindle via Amazon which I think is an absolute bargain for this book!!!

Rated 5 /5 (I LOVED it ) on Goodreads, Instagram, Amazon UK and Amazon US and on over 30 Facebook pages plus my blog on Facebook.

Feel free to add me on Goodreads or follow me on my website or Facebook for more reviews

#LittleBones #Bookouture #PatriciaGibney #NetGalley #BookReview #BlogTour #BooksOnTour
@PatriciaGibney @Bookouture @Bookworm1986 @bookworm86

Little Bones by Patricia Gibney
DI Lottie Parker #10

Creepy, convoluted, criminal police procedural genre story that tells a tale of abuse, torture, kidnapping, murder, and more. This book was twisted and terrifying for more than one character in the book. It can be read as a standalone story, but readers would know benefit from reading previous books as it would give more background to the characters that appear in each book of the series.

What I liked:
* The police procedural aspects
* Not knowing for sure who the baddie was till near the end
* Hoping that the baddie would be caught and meet a horrible fate
* Seeing how some of the characters have come along since the last book in the series that I read (have not read them all)
* The setting in Ireland
* Knowing where the next book will probably head – or at least where one of the characters will be going and why
* Finding out that Lottie has not really changed much…though she may have mellowed slightly…maybe?
* Reading the last page and knowing the case was closed though there might not be a happy ending for everyone.

What I didn’t like:
* Those I was meant not to like and all that they did – there were plenty of baddies to hate and wish dealt with.
* That so many suffered and knowing that the same type of suffering no doubt exists in real life.

Did I enjoy this book? Yes, but it was not an easy read…there might be triggers for some
Would I read more by this author? It would depend on the synopsis, I might since I do want to find out what happens next.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the ARC – This is my honest review.

4 Stars
Little Bones is the 10th book featuring Patricia Gibney's detective Lottie Parker.

Isabel Gallagher is dead on the floor in her little girl's nursery, found by her mother, Anita Boland. Isabel, who has been stabbed in the back as well as having her throat cut, is clutching a razor blade in her hand. Thae same day, Joyce Breslin has gone missing, and her son Evan who attends Bubbles day care unit has been taken. Lottie and her team soon realise they have their work cut out to find the perpetrator(s).

I must confess that I have tended to dip in and out of this cracking series for reasons unknown. To date, I have read books two, and seven to ten. With its pacy narrative, Little Bones has a terrific plot and I enjoyed being reacquainted with the main characters. Lottie, a Garda Síochána detective inspector, lives and works in the fictional town of Ragmullin in the Irish Midlands. The characters of both Lottie and her significant other DS Mark Boyd have been fabulously crafted by Patricia Gibney. Lottie has a lot on her plate in her personal life which gives an extra dimension to proceedings. Told from various viewpoints, though principally Lottie’s, Little Bones is a terrific read with plenty of suspects and a well-concealed perpetrator and motive.

Tense, exciting and intricately crafted, there are some shocking twists that are enough to make you dizzy in this dark police procedural and Patricia Gibney managed to keep me guessing right up to the riveting conclusion. This is a remarkably good, complicated and busy story I can confidently recommend that will have you reading late into the night. I really need to catch up on the instalments I've missed.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request from Bookouture via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
DI Lottie Parker is back for the tenth installment of this series of deeply enjoyable police procedurals. I’ve been with her from Book 1 and it’s been a pleasure watching her grow and overcome lots of hurdles both in her personal and professional life.

A young woman has been murdered in front of her 3 months old baby. That same day another woman disappears and her little boy is abducted. Are both cases connected? The razorblades found in both scenes seem to point out that way but in a case with so many different angles not everything is what is seems.

The story took off with a bang with a pretty disturbing first chapter. From there it developed into one of the frenzied and complex plots I’ve come to expect from Ms. Gibney. She usually juggles so many suspects, red-herrings and side plots that it seems nearly impossible for her to tie them all together at the end, but once you reach the last pages you once again realize that she managed to fit together perfectly all the puzzle pieces. I can’t even begin to imagine how much crazy planning writing this books must take!

Lottie’s personal life takes a backseat this time, but it looks like her relationship with DS Boyd is gonna be front and center in the next book after that cliffhanger in the last chapter.

I like how Lottie’s character has evolved throughout the series but still find a bit off-putting the way she sometimes talks to her team. I know she’s the boss but, come on, they have all proven themselves more than once to not deserve her rudeness!

Although it can be read as a stand-alone you will miss some of the background. If you enjoy police procedurals give this a chance as it has some interesting characters and a pretty convoluted plot that will put you grey cells to work.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review.
What can I say, Patricia is one of my favourite authors so was excited to read this book.  It didn’t disappoint it was fantastic, really enjoyed it. This series gets better and better, I enjoy the characters and their lives as much as the story.  A definite five star read.
Another gripping installment, the tenth, in the Detective Lottie Parker series.

A mother finds her daughter dead on the floor in front of her infant granddaughter's cot. Isabel Gallagher has been stabbed and clutches an old-style razor blade in her hand. The very same evening, Joyce Breslin, another young mother, hasn't returned to pick her child up from daycare. Then the child, 4-year-old Evan, is kidnapped from the creche. When police search Joyce's home, another razor blade is found. Lottie is sure that these cases are connected, but this is just the beginning of a very complicated investigation with a long list of suspects. No spoilers.

This was quite the story with a large cast of characters to keep straight, and a very convoluted motive that took ages for the police to analyze and solve. I do like Lottie, she's a mature woman, widowed, with older children, who is trying to keep her personal life afloat in the midst of the chaos of an intense job at the Ragmullin garda station. Her romance with Boyd takes a backseat with all that is going on but is Lottie ever going to find a little bit of happiness and peace? Lots of drama at the police station between the detectives as well. I've read all the previous books in this series and suggest any new reader do the same as the backstory is quite interesting.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review.
Though this is No.. 10 in the Detective Lottie Parker series, this does very well as a stand alone.

Isabelle Gallagher is found murdered, her throat slashed, a razor blade in her hand whilst her infant daughter
is screaming in her cot. The baby is unharmed. Detective Lottie Parker is on the scene and what she unravels with
a belligerent husband, a mother who is hiding something and a very quiet, unassuming victim who obviously incurred
the wrath of someone to meet a death like this.

No clues are apparent, the killer was clever but when another mother and son go missing and when the body turns up
again with razor blades on the scene there seems to be a connection, however tenuous it is. Connecting the dots and
turning up a trail is not easy for these victims who led lives with no history and who lived almost under the radar.

A good thriller, well written holding one's interest from start to finish.
There is so much sadness and heartbreak in this book. There are so many people lying and keeping secrets that I got lost along the way a few times  It kept me guessing for most of the book who the killer was. I really enjoyed this book! I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced free copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley.
It is always a delight to step into Lottie Parker's world & see what hoops Patricia Gibney is going to put her through. This time a woman arrives at her daughter Isobel's house to find her dead, having been stabbed numerous times & her granddaughter is unharmed but screaming.  Lottie & the team are on the case & puzzled as to why the victim has a razor blade in her hand. Her bad tempered husband is not helpful, which instantly raises suspicions. Then Joyce, another young woman, goes missing & her child is snatched from the day nursery. These events seem unconnected, but when  a razor blade & an address are found in her abandoned car Lottie is sure there must be a connection. Lottie & the team are in a race to find the child & his mother.

I have been a fan of this series from the very beginning & eagerly await the next in the series. Although Lottie's home life is never without drama at least she didn't have too much this time, which was a relief! Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this book- can't wait for No 11!
Isabel Gallagher is murdered in front of her infant daughter. Isabel's mother discovers her body and grabs the baby to take her to safety. Detective Lottie Parker is determined to discover who would commit such a heinous crime. Things get no better when another mother goes missing, but so is her four-year-old son Evan. The mother, Joyce, is soon found dead, but Evan still has not been found. A clue found with the first woman's body mirrors that of a clue with this new victim. To add to this, small bones are found in a different location, but they are too small to be Evan's and this gives Lottie hope that he might be found alive.

What do the two bodies and the bones have in common? Are there any connected clues and will they be able to not only find Evan but keep any more lives from being taken? Meanwhile, Lottie and Mark Boyd, fellow detective, are still working on their relationship, which now seems to have yet another complication. Lottie is also dealing with her own children and the home where they live, a place that needs a lot of work. Although forced to juggle all of this, Lottie remains laser focused in her efforts to locate Evan.

There are a lot of pieces to the puzzle in this gripping story. Secrets that are slowly unraveling definitely keep Lottie and her team on their toes as they work hard to connect the past with the present in this case. This exciting tenth book in the D. I. Lottie Parker series is just as strong and just as exciting as the previous books in this series. This compelling story culminates in a thrilling conclusion, one that is certain to leave readers eager for the next installment.

Many thanks to Bookouture and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.