Cover Image: An Amish Quilting Bee

An Amish Quilting Bee

I loved it! Three sweet stories of love and romance.  Always in a clean format, each of these authors have unique ways of telling a story and I love them all for it! You will enjoy this book!
This is a wonderful collection of novellas that are beautifully written and hold your attention from the first page until the last. The novellas are the perfect length to relax with after a long day. Each story is different yet they all center around a quilt. I love this type of book!
I received a complimentary copy from Zondervan Fiction via NetGalley and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Three delightful and light-hearted novellas by three of the most popular Amish romance writers make up the new book AN AMISH QUILTING BEE. Each story features a quilt and a quilter, and like in real life, there are both pleasure and challenge in creating that special quilt And reading these simple, but warm stories was a lot like getting together with a few of my quilting friends and talking about life and family while we work. While I seldom read Amish fiction anymore, I do reach for it occasionally after I have been doing a lot of serious reading. Or I will look for a book by Amy Clipston or Shelley Shepard Gray on audio for easy listening while I sew. I think this book would be a great gift this holiday season for anyone who loves Amish fiction. I received a copy of AN AMISH QUILTING BEE from Netgalley. All opinions expressed are my own.
What can be better than three of the BEST Amish writers collaborating on a book?  Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller and Shelley Shepard Gray wrote three amazing stories with quilting as the common theme.  Wrap yourself up in a quilt and get ready to enjoy these sweet stories.
In “Patchwork Promises”, Joanne Lapp sets out to recreate a quilt for Colin Zook’s grandmother.  As Joanne is creating the quilt, she starts to have feelings for Colin.  Will the quilt bring these two together?
In “A Common Thread” by Kathleen Fuller, we meet Susie Glick.  Susie is a quilter who meets up with her old crush Alex Lehman.  Alex is returning home from missionary work.  They start to become acquainted but Alex has to leave and help a friend.  Will he come back to make this romance work?
In “Stitched Together”, by Shelley Shephard Gray, Rosie is working on a special quilt to enter into a contest.  She meets Tim, her sister’s brother-in-law.  Will she have time to start a romance with Tim and finish her quilt?
Get yourself a cup of tea to enjoy these stories. I want to thank Amy Clipston, Zondervan Fiction and Netgalley for a complimentary copy of the book. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
When was the last time you read a story that made you smile and just feel good at the end?  That's what this book did for me. The book contains three unique and different stories that revolve around a quilting theme.  The stories were of different characters, different locations and all were sweet romances.  These were written by some very talented Amish writers that I have been familiar with for many years.  They have kept me reading and enjoying Amish fiction for a very long while.
After I finished the last story, I felt happy and I realized that in each of the stories, there was no super amazing thing that happened, they were all stories of ordinary people doing ordinary things, but written so that the stories were interesting and captivating and made me smile.  It was a very pleasing book and if you want to read an enjoyable and relaxing book, this book is for you.

I received a complimentary copy from NetGalley and was under no obligation to post a positive review.  All thoughts are my own.
I absolutely loved this story I was approved of this book from NetGalley/Zondervan Fiction for a honest review. I always give my honest opinion on them. I loved each story, I am a fan on each author as well. I loved all the characters in each story. I loved the cover and the titles. the books on each other keeps getting better and better each time I read one. .I hope you enjoy this book as much as I had!
I love all three of these authors.  Their stories are always the best.  Although each story is completely different each one revolves around quilting.
Three novella's to get lost in, you can read one or more as the pages fly, and before you know it the last page is turned.

We are given three different stories, and there is a bit of romance, and each has a significant quilt involved. Your heart will go out to these folks, the road is not easy to find what their heart desires, but we get to enjoy the journey.

This book did not disappoint, except when I ran out of pages!

I received this book though Net Galley and the Publisher Zondervan, and was not required to give a positive review.
I have come to look forward to these books that have three novellas, all centered around one common theme. This one definitely did not disappoint. I enjoyed both the characters and the plots in all three. It would be interesting to use with a small group in middle school. The students could compare and contrast the stories.
This is a lovely collection of three stories that will lift your spirits. I love 'Patchwork Promises' by Amy Clipston. In this story, Colin Zook is exhausted taking care of his dairy farm during the day and his grandmother at night. Joanne Lapp graciously offers to try to recreate his grandmother's quilt lost in a fire. Another good read is 'A Common Thread' by Kathleen Fuller. Alex Lehman is returning to his family and community after two years of exploring the country. He is now ready to join the church. He's captivated by shy Susie Glick as he returns home, but some don't believe that he will stay. I also enjoyed reading 'Stitched Together' by Shelley Shepard Gray. Rosie lives revolves around her quilt shop, helping her pregnant sister and her twin daughters, and trying to create the 'best' quilt. Two rambunctious twins and a new man will shake up her life. I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher. This is my honest and voluntarily given review.
I seriously do not have a lot of things to say about This book. IT is a 3 novellas book from 3 well known authors. It was sweet, the romance was cute. Thank you to netgalley for letting me read This e arc in exchange for an honest opinion
A cozy comfort read that will make you want to wrap in a quilt of your own with a hot mug of tea.

Patchwork Promises - A sweet story beginning with much sadness and ending with happiness. A story to show how far we will go for those we love.

A Common Thread - A story that shows us a leopard can change its spots when it comes from the heart. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Stitched Together - Love deserves a second chance and we must be willing to bend and grow as it develops.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions expressed above are entirely my own.
Three short stories, each having a quilting theme. Patchwork Promises, Colin Zook has suffered the loss of his mother to pneumonia when he was young, his father to a heart attack not long along and more recently a fire burned their home. His grandmother who has raised him now has dementia and cries every night for her beloved quilt. Joanne Lapp hears about it and tries to recreate the quilt, hopefully giving Colin some much needed sleep. He must open his heart and allow Joanne and his community to help.
A Common Thread is about Susie's unexpected encounter with her young girl crush Alex who is returning home after three years. Alex who's now joining the church has noticed beautiful Susie. When Alex leaves again to help his friend after an accident he asks her to wait for him, Susie's mother convinces her he won't be back. Leaving her just like her father did. Will he keep his promise?
Stitched Together, Rosie wants to win the honor of best quilt for the Mennonite Quilt Sale although life has a way of showing us what our priorities are. Tim, her sisters brother-in-law comes back after two years of missionary work. He is a bit smitten with her and think he might like to settle down. Rosie is asked to entertain him while he is here. While life gets hectic and mishaps happen Rosie learns what is truly an honor in life.
"An Amish Quilting Bee" by Amy Clipston; Kathleen Fuller; Shelley Shepard Gray
THREE Engaging Stories
"Patchwork Promises" turned me into a watering-pot.  I totally empathized with Colin.
"A Common Thread" sure had me wondering how this story would end.
"Stitched Together" had a few lessons to share with this reader.
I did enjoy my time in this book with these stories. They each have some wisdom to share as well as smiles and good cheer.  Happy Reading ! !
NOTE: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.
This review expresses my honest opinion.
Thank you Zondervan Fiction for allowing me to read an ARC of An Amish Quilting Bee,  a lovely collection of three stories by, Amy Clipston; Kathleen Fuller and Shelley Shepard Gray

Patchwork Promises by Amy Clipston is a sweet story of Colin Zook and how he put his life on hold in order to love and care for his grandmother.

Colin had great support from his community right after a fire destroyed his home along with his grandmother’s precious quilt. Time moves on and Colin has to Bear his burdens along until one day, Joanne steps in to help.

Can Colin trust that someone could actually care and want to help?

A Common Thread by Kathleen Fuller is the story of Susie Glick and Alex Lehman. Susie had a crush on Alex when she was growing up, but to Alex, she was only his best friends little sister.

After traveling in the outside word for years, Alex has decided to return home and join the church.  As happenstance would have it, Susie and Alex are returning home on the same overcrowded bus and end up sitting by one another.

Susie’s mom is sure Alex will leave again leaving Susie heartbroken just as she was.

Susie has to decide; listen to her mom, or listen to her heart.

Stitched Together is Shelley Shepard Gray’ contribution to this collection of quilt stories.

Rosie Rober had one thing on her mind, get her quilt ready for the Pinecraft Mennonite Quilt Sale and having her quilt earn top prize.

Although she loved helping her sister, Bethany and brother-in-law Joe, she really did not want to meet the Pioneer Trails bus from Ohio bring Tim, Joe’s brother, and missionary, for a visit. But, she would do anything to help Bethany who was expecting her third child and caring for rambunctious twin girls.

As time passed and there was a friendship forming with Tim, Rosie began to evaluate what was really important in her life. Winning a quilting contest, or family.

These three stories are wonder and worth a 5* review. This title will be released, December 7, 2020 and deserves a read.

These are wonderful stories of love and quilts! Three novellas all about using quilts as a blessing to others. They were an enjoyable read. You won't be disappointed!

I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
Readers who enjoy quilting will enjoy the three stories! Each highlight the art of quilting while sharing valuable lessons from the Amish. Novellas are a great way to introduce readers to different writers. Recommended!
A beautiful wonderful book, I loved all the stories ; some more than others, I loved trying to picture all the beautiful quilts. Finding and building a life and love together is , I think , similar to building a beautiful quilt. Bravo to the authors, wonderfully realistic stories.
This was a very sweet book to read and it came at the perfect time. When life feels heavy and troublesome, I love reading Amish fiction. It entertains, uplifts and I don't have to worry about skipping over sex scenes or reading a lot of foul language. I love reading about others faith (even fictional) and their relationship with God. It reminds me to keep working on my relationship with Him.
5 stars
An Amish Quilting Bee
Three Stories
by Amy Clipston; Kathleen Fuller; Shelley Shepard Gray
What could be better than three short stories from three of my favorite authors!
Patchwork Promises by Amy Clipston is a sweet short story with wonderful characters who fall in love. I enjoyed this book. Sometimes it is so nice to read a sweet thoughtful book about people putting others first. It is utterly refreshing.

A Common Thread by Kathleen Fuller
Susie and Colin run into each other on the bus. This is a sweet short Amish story that has wonderful characters whom come to life. They are so easy to empathize with and understand even though they are Amish and their lifestyle is so completely different from my own.
Stitched Together by Shelley Shepard Gray
Rosie and Tim come together to help her sister and his brother with their chaotic four year old nieces. I loved this novella and it was probably my favorite of the three included in this book.

This is the book to read if you need a break, a nice easy read that will soothe your soul and appreciate the ease of these books.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and Netgalley.