Cover Image: An Amish Quilting Bee

An Amish Quilting Bee

An Amish Quilting Bee contains three stories that all have a quilt as an important part of the story. Patchwork Promises by Amy Clipston is the story of Colin Zook and Joanne Lapp. Colin and his grandmother are the only family they have left. After a fire destroys their home, Colin is also dealing with his grandmother's advancing dementia. When Joanne hears that she is distraught about the loss of her family heirloom quilt, she recreates it. She also spends time with them to help wherever she can. As they spend time together, they begin to develop feelings for one another, but both of them are sure the other does not share their feelings. 'A Common Thread' by Kathleen Fuller introduces us to Susie Glick and Alex Miller. Susie is on the bus returning from a shopping trip to purchase quilt materials, when she ends up sitting next to Alex. They share a conversation with one another and become friendly. Alex left Middlefield to travel and after three years, he has returned, ready to be baptized and take his place in the Amish Community. As Susie becomes interested in Alex, her family and friends in her quilting circle try to discourage her, sure that he is going to leave once again. Susie is convinced they’re wrong, but just as they start dating, Alex tells Susie he has to leave, but saying he will return. Can Susie trust him to come back to her? Stitched Together by Shelley Shepard Gray is Rosie's story. She is a wonderful quilter who is hoping to create a gorgeous quilt for the Pine Craft Mennonite Quilt Sale. It is a very difficult and complicated quilt that needs a lot of time and attention. When her sister ends up in the hospital, she has to help her family with their two children. At the same time her brother-in-law's brother comes to town and stays to help the family as well. Rosie and Tim begin to develop a relationship with each other, but the quilt and the children get in the way. Rosie gets angry when things happen to the quilt, until she begins to realize what is really important.

I really enjoyed this book and all three stories it contained. The three authors are all very well known in the Amish Fiction/Romance genre and they did not disappoint with this anthology. There were frustrations, anxiety, self-reflection, family love and romance in each story that was sweet and emotional. I often find novellas lack a detailed plot and storyline, but all three of these stories gave me an well-written and plotted story with great character development. If you enjoy Amish Romance, especially with family relationships, then I recommend this one. The quilting storyline is a nice bonus.
a) Patchwork promises - Amy Clipston
Colin lives with her grandmother. she has dementia and after the fire distroyed their house, she has trouble to sleep. she asks her handmade quilt, unfortunately burned.
Colin has his hands full caring for his grandmother, making chores in the house, running a farm.
He is convinced the community forgot about him and his grandmother, but is it true? Has he ask help?
b) A common thread - Kathleen Fuller
Alex comes home in Middlefield after some years around the world.
"He wasn't confused about joining the church or leaving the Yankee life behind".
c) Stitched together - Shelley Shephard Gray
Rosie lives alone with an hamster, Butch, owns the most successful sewing shop in the area.
I have an hamster too, he's sweet and keep me company, love him! nice story.
3 Amazing stories of hope, Joy and peace in the lives of the characters. Each Author pulls the reader into the book. I could not put down and you won't either. You will not be disappointed
An Amish Quilting Bee is such a wonderful and cozy read! I always enjoy reading books by Amy, Kathleen, and Shelley and this one was so good. I loved the stories and the characters and felt like I was right there with them.

Thank you NetGalley and Zondervan for this ARC!
I love these Amish novella collections! They are perfect for the end of a busy day, when I'd like to read and finish a story quickly before falling asleep. I grew up tying quilts with my grandma, and I've loved admiring Amish quilts when visiting Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

In the first story Patchwork Promises, Joanne helps Colin by recreating his grandmothers beloved quilt, a sweet gesture of service. It took her a long time to do by herself, and I didn't understand why she didn't enlist the help of others during a quilting bee (especially since it's the theme of the collection) in order to get it done as soon as possible so the grandmother didn't have to suffer anguished nights any longer. It seemed like she wanted all the credit, and it didn't even occur to her to allow others the opportunity to serve with her.

The second story by Kathleen Fuller was my favorite. She excels at bringing depth and emotion to her stories and characters. Susie and Alex are sweet together, with an immediate attraction when they are reunited, yet both uncertain of the others' feelings. The conflict comes from Susie's mother, who has abandonment issues from when her husband left their family, and she tries to influence Susie against Alex because of his past as a wandering traveler. An unforeseen separation, letters back and forth, an intervention from the quilting ladies, and a providential reunion bring Susie and Alex together as well as heal the relationship between Susie and her mother.

The final story tests the patience of Rosie as she takes pride in her quilt entry and the admiration of others, yet learns humility through several experiences and mishaps out of her control. It was nice to see her able to let go of her expectations of perfection of herself, and learn to find joy in her relationships.

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.
I loved An Amish Quilting Bee!  Here's my review:

Patchwork Promises

I absolutely loved Patchwork Promises by Amy Clipston! I have been a big fan of Ms. Clipston’s work for years and when I found out she wrote for the anthology, An Amish Quilting Bee, I knew I had to read the book! Patchwork Promises tells the story of Colin and Joanne. Colin has lost his parents during his growing up years and recently lost his house in a fire, all while taking care of his grandmother who has Dementia. After Colin’s house is rebuilt, he feels his Amish Community has abandoned him in his time of need. Most nights, since the fire happened, Colin’s grandmother has cried out for her favorite quilt that was lost in the fire and her Dementia seems to be getting worse. When Joanne finds out about Colin’s situation, she goes on a mission to recreate Colin’s grandmother’s quilt and to be there for Colin, encouraging him and letting him know the Amish community has not abandoned him. In the midst of everything, Colin and Joanne begin falling in love.

I loved Patchwork Promises from beginning to end. I loved Colin’s admiration and dedication to his grandmother. I could understand and feel the gravity of the weight he carried and could see how he felt abandoned by the Amish Community. I also loved Joanne’s dedication and perseverance in getting the quilt made as precisely as she could, in hopes to give Colin’s grandmother peace of mind and Colin some much needed rest. I love that Joanne never gave up in helping Colin’s grandmother and how Joanne’s family all pitched in to help Colin where they could. Patchwork Promises is a sweet story of love, dedication, and community.

A Common Thread

I loved A Common Thread by Kathleen Fuller from the first page. A Common Thread tells the story of Susie and Alex. Susie and Alex reunite on a bus home–Susie traveling back home from a trip to buy quilting supplies from the next town over, and Alex from traveling the US for a few years before committing to the Amish Church. As they are traveling home, both realize they are not the same people that they were when they last saw one another. Alex and Susie start to fall for each other (or in Susie’s case, the feelings never left to begin with). Alex and Susie face a lot of obstacles as their feelings start to blossom. Alex struggles with feeling that no one will accept him after taking a break from the Amish Community before committing to it. Susie struggles with her mother preventing Susie’s relationship with Alex.

I love the characters of Susie and Alex and their personalities! Susie and Alex made A Common Thread a sweet read by how they fought in their own way through growth and perseverance to not only have a relationship with each other, but to be the people God meant for them to be. I love how Alex fell for Susie’s sweet and quiet nature and saw Susie for who she is as a person when it seemed that very few did. I loved how Susie’s shyness came across the pages. I sympathized with Susie’s obligation of being a dutiful daughter and not always feeling like you have the freedom to do what you feel in your heart that you should do. I love the ending of the story (no spoilers) and how it matched up with the beginning of the story, bringing the story full circle and giving the story closure. A Common Thread is a sweet story of accepting people for who they are, forgiving their past, and seeing who they are and taking a chance on the future.

Stitched Together

Shelley Shepard Gray is one of my go-to Amish Fiction authors. When I found out that Ms. Gray also wrote a story for An Amish Quilting Bee, I couldn’t wait to read her story! Ms. Gray wrote the story Stitched Together for An Amish Quilting Bee. Stitched Together tells the story of Rosie and Tim in Pinecraft, Florida. (I love Amish stories set in Florida!) Tim is an Amish Missionary who has recently returned to the States, after being out of the country, to help out his brother’s family in Florida. Rosie is a single Amish woman, who runs a quilt shop and teaches quilting classes in the community. Rosie also competes in quilting competitions. Tim’s brother is married to Rosie’s sister. At the time of Tim’s visit, Rosie’s sister, Bethany, is pregnant with her third child. Bethany and her husband often call upon Rosie and Tim to help watch their twin daughters (who can be rowdy at times). If Rosie’s plate isn’t already full enough, she is also tasked with showing Tim around Pinecraft. In between helping with her nieces and showing Tim around town, she is trying her best to complete a quilt for a competition that she hopes to win. During all of life’s craziness, Tim and Rosie fall in love. (Un)fortunately, life comes to a head for Rosie when her quilt for the competition gets ruined, teaching everyone important lessons unique to them.

I love how Rosie and Tim seemed like night and day at times. Tim has an easy-going approach to life while Rosie seems to thrive on structure and organization. It was nice to see Rosie and Tim’s bond flow and strengthen. I loved how Ms. Gray described the nieces because they added a humorous and fun element to the story. I loved how Tim and Rosie went with whatever was put on their plate and the lessons they both learned from it–especially Rosie. Stitched Together is a sweet story of acceptance, being thankful, and finding a contentment about life that only comes from God.

An Amish Quilting Bee (as a whole)

I loved how the theme of quilting is threaded through the entire anthology of An Amish Quilting Bee. I loved how all three stories were a light read that brought out important lessons. I love how I was drawn into each story and how I was able to escape into it. If you are looking for a sweet read to escape into, then I highly recommend An Amish Quilting Bee by Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, and Shelley Shepard Gray!

Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read this book!  (My review is also on Goodreads and my blog, Leslie's Library Escape.)
I received a complimentary copy from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions expressed above are entirely my own.

Phew it was down to the deadline with this one!

I think the first of the stories was probably my favourite. The quilt Joanne was making for Colin's granny was described so vividly I felt like I could just see it. It was the story that drew me in the most, and I really enjoyed it.

The second one gosh I felt awful for Susie. I understand her mum had some heartbreaks too but I'm glad they worked things out.

The third, I was expecting to love the most (Shelley is one of my favourite Amish fiction authors) but it felt the weakest to me. Maybe it would have benefitted more from being a longer fleshed out book, letting things develop, instead of a shrot story.

Overall I enjoyed the three stories, and it made me want to actually get to my stash of fabric!
I love Amish fiction and this book didn’t fail to disappoint.  A lot of love, twists, and surprises led to a satisfying end.
An Amish Quilting Bee is filled with three short stories that are absolutely wonderful!  Each author’s story was well-written, had great character development and really hit the sweet spot. I loved all of the stories in this book and would definitely read more by each author.
Three of my favorite authors come together in this book.
I enjoyed each story and of course I didn't want them to end.
This book has a little bit of everything in it and it will stay with you for a very long time.
I devoured this book in two sittings because Amish stories are my favorite.
I highly recommend!
My thanks for a copy of this book.  I was NOT required to write a positive review.  All opinions are my own.
An Amish Quilting Bee is a three story novella written by three very talented authors. Each of these authors have written Amish fiction for many years. Their stories always make the reader feel as if they are a part of the story. Each character is well developed and the reader can definitely relate to them.  Each of the stories in this book revolved around a quilting theme.  I love when authors center stories using typical lifestyle occurrences in the characters communities.  Quilting has always interested me so the stories made me keep turning the pages to find out more.  I thank Netgalley for an advanced copy. A review was not required.
An Amish Quilting Bee is a collection of three sweet Amish stories. These stories include:
Patchwork Promises  by Amy Clipston
A Common Thread  by Kathleen Fuller
Stitched Together by Shelley Shepard Gray
If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be Kathleen Fuller's A Common Thread. I recommend this book to those who enjoy short, sweet and clean Amish romance. Four stars.
An enjoyable novella collection.  Some of the stories were okay, the one that stood out to me the most was penned by Ms. Gray.  Overall, well worth the read.
Grab your favorite quilt , a mug of tea and snuggle up for these delightful stories by three wonderful Amish story writing authors.
These are perfect for when you don't have time to devote to reading a whole book , there are three novella length stories here that are so enjoyable to read.
These stories have a common thread and it is sewing/quilt making. I enjoyed reading how the characters came together in each story and helped the others through their actions that are faith filled.
There is kindness and understanding when an older woman has dementia in one of the stories. In another a woman has a change of heart when she sees things aren't as she had assumed they would be. In another a second chance at romance is a possibility but romance is always give and take. Faith filled stories I will read again.

Pub Date 07 Dec 2021
I was given a complimentary copy of this book.
All opinions expressed are my own.
Story 1: my thoughts: this was a sweet romance featuring  a quilter and a milk farmer who lost everything he owned except for his grandmother dash not that he owns her. Grandma this morning her heirlooms quilt which burned in the fire. She can't sleep and cries all night which keeps our hero like so it's up to Johanna to save the day if she can recreate a quilt that she had never seen. There was no passion in the story and it was rather flat what films of Amy clipston shook love the story.

My thoughts the story was my favorite story in the park Miss gray has the ability to bring the characters to life and I enjoyed getting to know both of the main characters. Pinecraft Florida this a fun place to visit via book. It's nice to read about Amish in a different environment.

I enjoyed all three stories in this book but especially the last one. If you are a fan of romance involving the Amish you will love this book. This book make a great gift for somebody this Christmas. I was given a copy for you and all opinions are my own
Three stories about Amish women make up the contents of this book. In each story, quilts or quilting play a prominent role. In the first story titled Patchwork Promises, Joanne creates a replacement quilt for an elderly lady, and finds an attraction to her grandson. In the second story, A Common Thread, Susie, a young Amish woman, finds herself in the company of a man for whom she carries a secret crush. Eager to warm the fires of their friendship, past secrets and troubles threaten to mar their relationship. In Stitched Together, the final story, Rosie struggles to finish a quilt for a contest and auction. Although she is a talented quilter, circumstances conspire to stand in her way.

Each story contains a romantic thread, as well as thoughtful details about the Amish culture. The characters are realistic, confronting problems of dementia, grief, and shyness. The fine qualities of each woman are highlighted in the stories. The settings differ,but serve as appropriate backdrops for the action in each story. Readers who enjoy a clean read, without strong language or descriptive intimacy, will empathize with the characters, and will find these stories to be a welcome addition to the repertoire of literature about Amish people.

I received this book from the publisher and from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
I have three favorite authors of Amish fiction, so when all three of them write an anthology of novellas together, I know I'm going to love it. An Amish Quilting Bee features authors Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller and Shelley Shepard Gray - three of the best in Amish fiction - and the books do not disappoint!

Amy Clipston starts things off with Patchwork Promises. Colin Zook has been caring for his grandmother for the last several years, as dementia has made deep inroads into her mind. When the two lose everything in a fire, the community steps in to rebuild their house but the one thing they couldn't replace was his grandmother's favorite quilt. She cries nightly, keeping Colin from getting any rest. When Joanna Lapp notices his distress at church, he breaks down and tells her how alone he has felt. Joanna, an expert quilter, offers to recreate his grandmother's quilt. In the process, will Colin see that someone is willing to step into his world and be the helper he needs?

Kathleen Fuller brings A Common Thread to the collection. Susie Glick encounters her old crush, Alex Lehman on the bus ride home from her quilt store purchasing trip. Alex has been gone so long that he doesn't even look Amish anymore, but as they talk, she learns he is returning for the purpose of joining the church and finding a job in their community. As they get to know one another, can they overcome her mother's prejudice against Alex to explore the relationship they seem destined for?

Finally, Shelley Shepard Gray takes readers to Pinecraft, FL in Stitched Together. Rosie Raber has worked tirelessly on her latest contribution to the annual Mennonite quilt sale. She has come close to having the Quilt of the Year, and is sure her choice of pattern this year has a shot at actually winning - if she can only get it done. Unfortunately, her time is apparently not her own. Her sister's family makes more and more demands on her as her sister's pregnancy advances. Yes, she's carrying a second set of twins. Yes, she already has 6 children, but come on. Gotta say, by the end of this story, I was pretty ticked with the sister! Her kids treated Rosie like they thought she was their mother, and the family was completely thoughtless when it came to Rosie's needs. The only bright spot came when Tim Christner came on the scene. He was actually helpful, and as an uncle to her sister's brood, he could take some of the pressure off Rosie and give her time to quilt. But, can they find time to get to know one another when her sister and her family demand so much of their time?

Readers who love Amish romance should definitely pick this book up! As always, these three authors shine. I can definitely recommend!
An Amish Quilting Bee is three novellas by three of the best selling authors of Amish fiction today. Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, and Shelley Shepard Gray each share a story and each reminds us that we are not alone. The three stories center on quilters, Amish  women who find love in the midst of everything that life throws at them. I love books with a happy ending! And I love books with heartfelt messages, of which these stories have plenty! One of the most important messages I saw was that we are not alone: God puts people into our lives to walk with us and help us through each situation. And for that, I am so eternally grateful thanks to NetGalley for the chance to read and review this book. All opinions are my own.
5 stars, Inspirational Entertainment

AN AMISH QUILTING BEE
by Amy Clipson, Kathleen Fuller, Shelly Shepard Gray

This has several books in it.  They are all inspirational Amish fiction.  I like them.

Many thanks to
An Amish Quilting Bee consists of three delightful Amish stories written by different authors.   Each author has their own unique Amish charm to share in their stories.  The common thread between each story is quilting, family, friendships and romance.
4🌟Patchwork Promise by Amy Clipston:
4🌟A Common Thread by Kathleen Fuller:
4🌟Stitched Together by Shelly Shepard Gray:
Each story will make you smile and touch your heart.
Definitely recommend to readers who would enjoy sitting with a cup of tea and enjoy 3 heartwarming, relaxing books.
Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and authors for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion.  All opinions expressed are my own.