Cover Image: Feels Like Home

Feels Like Home

This is a great book about how to make your house feel like home and the pictures are really inspirational and helpful.
It was very hard to get a good opinion of this book as it did not transfer to the kindle platform correctly. The book came jumbled and disjointed. I was intrigued enough to want to see a physical copy some time in the future.
I have been working on ideas for my house for a couple of months. I have not acted on anything in any real way, except for a few touches here and there, and I thought this might help me make some choices.

The book begins with the author walking us through her ideas of a dream home, the mindset when looking at houses and also based on how much DIY one can do. She then walks through room by room and within that, idea by idea with mood boards to match. Now, I have never gotten the hang of a mood board, and therefore it was not too much help in my own quest. It is a colourful book with many ideas, but it had bigger DIY projects than I am currently capable of. It is a spread of her ideas for her own home, from which we can take a few inspirations. The suggestions are not limited to one type of project but encompass a wide range.

I would recommend this book for people who are handy with power tools and have a space in their home they are considering redoing. For today I want to put a plan of mine to sew a few curtains. If I get through that, I will consider it an achievement.

I received an ARC thanks to NetGalley and the publishers, but the review is based entirely on my reading experience and my own capabilities in this particular field.
If you buy this book for the inspiration pictures alone you will be extremely happy. I could have looked at her photos all day. The author is easy to understand (she doesn’t talk designer speak down to you at all) and gives really great tips throughout the entire book.

Highly recommend if you are just moving in to a new home or if you’re just looking to change things up.
A charming book that will give you ideas for how to make your home feel timeless yet authentically you. I loved browsing all of the photos to see how Marian transforms a space and to see how I could easily do it too. It feels like having a dream home is meant for the rich or people who have a lot of time, but reading this it feels like everyone can do it with a little bit of determination and fun.
A great book that really makes you think what home means to you. This is a book you want to own so you can reference back to it.
I've read my fair share of books on design and decorating and I find that most of them tend to overwhelm me what with their rules and info. This book is different in that the author teaches you the basics, just enough for you to have a foundation, and lets you have free reign over your own style. I am spellbound by the author's enthusiasm!
I thought this was an interesting book. It read like most home design books, thus not applicable to every reader, but I did enjoy a lot of the author's style choices.
Fans of HGTV can delight. This book shows the reader how to decorate one's home. Eases the way of DIY and more.
Although when it comes to decor and DIY a bit of uniqueness is called for to make one's home unique.
This is a big book with over 500pages to read and view, and is based on finding and creating your close to dream home. There is a lot of information, a lot of ideas and 9 tutorials to start the process of making a house a home of your dreams.
I enjoyed the book, it is a great book to have on hand to flick though, and each time the book is picked up new ideas come to tempt one. Great for lots of inspiration, motivation and encouragement, which is the aim of the book.
This was an okay decorating book but I found the title ironic since it didn't really give me any tips on how to make my particular home uniquely mine at all. The example photos are mostly from the author's home and others like hers, which are not at all my taste (fancy fake farmhouse style? buy a modern subdivision home and spend a bunch of money to make it look older and more traditional). To be fair, my decorating style is sort of "90 year old house meets cottage chic meets thrift store boho identity crisis meets too damn many people live in this house."

(When the plumbers in our population-700 town installed a bathtub in our basement a few years ago one of them asked his dad, the owner of the plumbing business, "Will it be up to code?" and his dad snorted out loud and said, "Not a thing in this basement is up to code." Our house has a razor blade hole in the back of the medicine cabinet to drop used razor blades behind the wall, which only people who have really old houses relate to. Our downstairs ceiling is entirely papered with 20+ years of our five kids' artwork to cover the old water stains and ugly ceiling tiles and people who come into our house frequently end up with a crick in their necks walking around looking up. And our couches are covered in layers of blue, green and teal blankets and fabrics because the couches were destroyed by the dog and bright red but had "good bones" and are nice and squishy.)

My home and my style are admittedly odd but I love our happy home, and it's very hard to ever find anything that matches it in decorating books or advice that's geared towards those who want to make their home more comfortable, personal, beautiful, etc. frugally. I don't want to do $5,000 projects to make it look like my ceiling has wooden support beams, thanks. I don't want to decorate with bizarre vintage photos of dead politicians I don't know. I don't want to custom order a couch upholstered with the perfect fabric for the amount of money some folks earn in a year. But I realize I'm in the minority, and most will probably greatly enjoy this book.

This is not an insult but it will be a very good book for middle to upper income "normal" people. :)

I read a temporary digital ARC of this book for review.
A fairly interesting concept of how to understand your home and how to make it more comfortable. Sadly though, tried to view it on my computer and later on my Ipad, and found it hard to see the images fully. Still though, would recommend if you had the physical copy.
I was given this food in exchange for an honest feedback. This book is beautiful, like nothing you will ever see before this. It is a book on a bespoke home, one that is uniquely and perfectly your own! The images will blow your mind if ou enjoy houses and decorating. It is more than that, it is how your home should feel and be to you! Appreciating your home and its unique build, looking at its potential.
Once again, the beauty and inspiration for making your space "feel like home" was achieved in the latest book from Marian Parsons, Feels Like Home, With loads of ideas and encouragement along budget-friendly and practical tips, Marian shows one how not only to love your space but also invites you to find your own style and character for your home. A wonderful book to have on reserve for new home owners or a thoughtful housewarming gift.
Perfect guide for customizing a home. It here are many people living in suburban builder grade homes that can benefit from making the upgrades suggested in Feels Like Home!
Feels Like Home, takes you through a journey of creating a place which feels like home to You. It does it via beautiful, design oriented pictures to explain the concepts. I enjoyed perusing the knowledge inside.
With tips, projects and assignments this is a great book to make your home unique.
Plenty of ideas for any taste, and how to that will help any level of experience.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I am not a confident decorator....at all. So I feel authors have their work cut out when they're working with me.  I like to pick up a book like this every now and then and see if it can get me one step further.  I feel like this book did that.  This book isn't about having the perfect house but having one that is perfectly suited for you and how you want to live and function there.  I appreciated that it focused on this being a long, slow process that will probably last a lifetime.  It's not a destination.

It had 9 project tutorials.  A lot of these were beyond anything I'm hoping to do. Maybe someday I'd come back to them.  It also had assignments scattered throughout.  These were more my speed.  For instance, one assignment was to add one unexpected thing to one room in your house and live with it for a week.  That seems manageable and interesting and fun to me. I'm going to do it.

I appreciated a lot of the tips and I made note of a few things I want to think about as I'm out at thrift stores and sales...things like statement pieces.   I also want to find some interesting switch plate covers to add interest to a room.

I appreciated that the author isn't encouraging you to go out and start from scratch and spend a lot of money.  She asks questions that help you analyze what's working for you already and how you can take it a step further.  I think this book is helpful for those who want to make big sweeping changes as well as for those like me who just want to dip their toes in the water of decorating.

Thank you to Worthy Books for providing me with a free e-copy of this book.  All opinions are my own.
Feels Like Home gets five stars from me! Marian Parsons instills confidence in you as you take the reins of defining and beautifying every space in your home as she guides you through the process! This book is down to earth decorating at its finest and the projects are very doable! This book will warm your heart whether you are a newbie beginner or a seasoned experienced designer. Lots of beautiful pics and how tos. I loved reading every page of it!  Marian has inspired me to see the rooms of my fifty year old home with new eyes. I put he book to the test as I redecorated my living room for fall and guess what...it turned out stunning! Thank you Marian for giving me the confidence to "tell my story" in my home!
So excited to finally receive this book.  I’ve been a follower of Marian (aka Miss Mustard Seed) for a while and really like her style.  The photos are gorgeous and are worth the price of the book alone.  However, she also offers great practical advice and tutorials on projects she has done in her own home.  Plus, most importantly, she recognizes that most of us don’t have piles of money to throw at these projects.

Submitted to Amazon 8/18/2021; listed name is Suse.