Cover Image: How to Cowboy

How to Cowboy

I've really enjoyed this series and "How to Cowboy" was a great addition to the lineup. I love getting updates about all the rescued animals they have living on the farm and hearing about their hilarious antics. And this time we get even more adorable animals added to the mix. So it's a win-win with cute animals and some romance.

Cade is the cousin of Bryn (Book 1) and is living and working at the rescue after retiring from the rodeo circuit. He was once married and has a 13 year old daughter named Allie that he hasn't had much to do with over the last 9 years. Now he's the sole parent for Allie after she and her mother were in a car accident that killed her mom. Nora is a physical therapist who has been hired to rehabilitate Allie after the accident. She's living next door to Cade/Allie on the ranch in their shared duplex, so pretty convenient for a romance. She was in a pretty bad relationship prior to coming to work with Allie, so she's not exactly trusting of her own judgment when it come to men. Yet that doesn't stop her from crossing the line with Cade, the guy who is paying her to provide PT for his daughter. I could overlook this line though since they had a patient/provider arrangement, but it was a pretty lax arrangement it seemed.

I went into this book not liking Cade after learning he had not been part of Allie's life for 9 years, at least not in a significant sense. It's hard to respect a guy who decided rodeo was more important than being around his daughter. At least that was my thinking until I learned his story. Basically, his ex was a toxic lying, manipulative, and verbally abusive woman. She did everything in her power to make him feel like he wasn't good enough to be a dad and when something happens, she makes him feel less than the dirt on the bottom of your shoe. So he decides that maybe she's right and he doesn't deserve to be a dad and he stays away. He believed the toxic crap she was spewing and it took away his relationship with Allie. Now, I still fault Cade for not fighting back (legally) and for staying away so long. He could have done something to fight for his chance to see his daughter, even when his ex tried her best to keep him away from Allie. So he does bear responsibility for the prolonged absence, but his ex bears the brunt of the responsibility given how she mentally abused Cade for years.

This book was a bit emotional at times when we saw how bad Cade was hurting when trying to deal with a grieving teenaged daughter who hated him at times. I just wanted to give him a big hug. And then the hate spewed by his ex's family also hurt my heart. But what's a book without a good villain (or two)?

My biggest complaint is that the ending seemed a bit rushed. It was a little too sunshines and rainbows to be realistic and we're left with just assuming everything will resolve itself with Cade's ex-wife's family. We get a HFN for Cade, Nora and Allie and it felt incomplete since they go from not together to together in the span of a few pages. At least give us an epilogue! I'll keep reading the series since I'm interested to see if Jillian and the Deputy are next up.
How to Cowboy is the third title in the Creedence Horse Rescue series, and it brings us such an emotionally gripping romance between an unlikely couple trying to help a young pre-teen whose entire world has just imploded.

Cade suddenly finds himself back in his pre-teenage daughter’s life when she is injured in the car crash that killed her mother. Allie has been told a lot of things about her absent father during her life, little of it actually true. When Allie was tiny, Cade made a mistake, one his ex-wife never let him forget and after their divorce kept him out of his daughter’s life by refusing to allow him to see Allie or by moving constantly so that he has no idea where they are. He could have fought harder, and he admits that but guilt let him believe all the lies his ex-wife was saying about him and he didn’t want to disrupt his daughter’s life. Now they have to somehow come together as a family as Allie heals physically and emotionally… and for that Cade’s going to need professional help like Nora.

Nora has just come out of a bad breakup, is living in her mother’s basement, and desperately needs a job and a new direction. As a traveling physical therapist, she’s perfect for the job of tending to Allie’s physical needs, and her emotional ones as well. She didn’t count on an intense, instant attraction to Cade but this job and these people could change her life… if she’s willing to take a few risks in trusting her heart. We’ll also run into some familiar faces, citizens of this small town… and the most adorable, cantankerous animals imaginable on the ranch. I love returning to the Creedence Horse Rescue world.

How to Cowboy was a fun, emotional, sexy romance with each of the three main characters having some serious issues to be dealt with… Allie in particular. How do you reach a young girl who feels abandoned by her father, was lied to for years, and has lost the security of her mother? Not by calling her dead mother a liar that’s for sure. I loved how Cade stepped up into his father role, faced the past, and worked to earn his daughter’s trust and eventual love. Nora had a lot to do with that happening, and their relationship was a bumpy road to the happy ending they both deserved. I enjoyed returning to this world, the story is smooth and well-written, the plot interesting, the secondary characters make the world come alive, and the animals are always good for some adorable and mischievous moments. If you enjoy a good story, believable characters, and unique situations then this one should be on your need-to-read list.

*I received an e-ARC of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley. That does not change what I think of this story. It is my choice to leave a review giving my personal opinion about this book.*
This is a sweet, entertaining book. I especially liked Cade and Allie's part of the story. I think this will be a really good series.
This was a sweet read with some steam to make things a little spicy!  I loved all the characters – from ex-rodeo rider, Cade Callahan who is suddenly thrust into single fatherhood; to Allie Callahan, a young teenager whose life was turned upside down with a car crash that killed her mother and now has to connect with absentee dad, Cade; to Nora Fisher who was looking for work after an epically failed relationship that left her penniless. Throw in some rescue animals antics and the camaraderie of some small town characters, you have a heartwarming, easy read for a rainy afternoon.
This novel is an emotional roller-coaster and definitely worth the ride. Bring Kleenexes because Marts will have you laughing and crying in equal measure. This must read author just keeps getting better and better.
Cade is suddenly thrusted into the role of being a full-time father to his daughter, Allie, after her mother, his ex-wife, is killed in a car crash. Allie has been injured, both physically and emotionally. Cade brings her back to his ranch to recover. He hires a live-in physical therapist to help since the ranch is a good ways from the nearest town.
Cade has not been the father he needed to be as his daughter grew up. An accident when Allie was little convinced him he wasn't competent and his ex-wife didn't help keep the relationship with his daughter close. He is convinced now that he can change and make himself a better dad. He has left his rodeo days behind and is concentrating on helping horses get adopted, among other things.
Nora, the therapist, helps Allie progress, but tries to keep Cade on a professional level. She has suffered recent trauma that left her heartbroken and broke. She is afraid to jump into a new relationship and get hurt again. Can she keep from getting close to Allie, Cade and all the wonderful people in the area?
The author shows the difficult journey all three of the main characters have had to navigate. They all have trust issues that are explored and quite relatable. I feel Cade shows the most growth during the story. He has to learn new ways of looking at life and setting the right priorities.
I loved one of the secondary characters, Aunt Sassy. She brought humor and extra loving advice to the plot
The romance has the right amount of spice and tension to make it just perfect. Although I am a fan of many sub-genres of romance, there is just something about a cowboy. Cade knows "how to cowboy" and shares his knowledge with those he cares about.
How To Cowboy was a pleasure to read. I highly recommend it any other by talented author Jennie Marts. I look forward to more new novels in the future
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

I LOVE the cowboys at Creedence! This book is steamy in places so a word of warning if you don't care for that but the story is such a tenderhearted tale of redemption and second chances. Be prepared to fall into the spell that is Creedence and the cowboys and the magic that this series has. I can't wait for the next installment!

Cade's ex-wife (Amber) and daughter (Allie) are in a car accident and Amber passes away. Cade goes and gets his daughter from the hospital and takes her back to the ranch (farm) where he works with his cousin rescuing animals that have been abandoned, injured  or mistreated. Cade hasn't been in touch with his daughter on a regular basis as Amber would be quick to accuse him of his failings and he believes it. Years ago before the split, Cade was watching his daughter when she fell down a short flight of stairs. Allie gets a cut on her forehead that bleeds a lot so he rushes Allie to the hospital. That was all Cade needed to believe Amber. He felt like an unfit father.

Nora is a therapist hired to work with Allie to recover from her injuries. She has recently moved back into her mother's basement apartment. She too is feeling like a failure. Her breakup with her surgeon fiancé has left her with nothing but a fancy coffee maker!

You can see the immediate spark between Cade and Nora but they tread carefully with the sullen and snarky teenager around. Can Cade and Nora both overcome their different pasts and build something meaningful? Will Cade and Allie repair their broken relationship and forgive past hurts to forge a father-daughter relationship? Will outside forces split this trio up? Well you will have to read for yourself.

Again this was such a tender story but full of some great humorous scenes! Characters from the past two stories make multiple appearances here but you don't have to read them to fully understand and enjoy this story. I would highly recommend it though as you will love them like I did.
How to Cowboy by Jennie Marts is book three in the Credence Horse Rescue series.  I loved this story and highly recommend it.  It was nice to read the next book in the series even though it can be read as a stand-alone story.  It was well written and had so much in it that enhanced the story.  There was family love, friendships, animals, and romance. This was a story about a father named Cade, his daughter Allie, and a physical therapist Nora.  The storyline works so well that it was hard for me to put it down.  Very enjoyable.
Thank you NetGalley for providing this ARC story in exchange for my honest review.
Easily read as a stand alone story even though it is the third in the series.
This one drew me in from the very beginning. I enjoy books with animals, family love, emotional moments and friendships along with sweet romance.  This one had me feeling so many emotions and the heartwarming emotional moments were so touching. Another well written story by Jennie Marts.
It was so great to return to this horse rescue ranch again
To read about Allie and all of her pain.
This thirteen year old was injured in a crash
Her Mum sadly died so now her Dad's there in a flash.

The problem with that is that it is years since they met
She's hurting, grieving and not sure of him yet.
She's a city girl but now he takes her to his home
Where horses, goats, cats and dogs all roam.

Nora Fisher, a physical therapist, arrives, too,
Employed to help Allie recover and pull through.
Nora has escaped after a troublesome spell
Will this help her heal, too? Only time will tell.

With teenage angst, anger and pain
Can this daughter and Dad reconnect again?
Will Nora find how to heal her heart
And will they all together help them make a fresh start?

The story has characters, animal and human, too,
Who'll have you laughing at their antics and what they do!
I really enjoyed returning to Creedence and hope you will, too,
As I highly recommend this heartwarming read to you.

For my complementary copy of this book, I say thank you,
I throughly enjoyed reading it and this is my honest review.
A well written perfectly paced story pulling you in from the start.  This is a standalone read and book three in the series.  This one about Cade and his daughter Allie and the journey they find themselves on.  Along with characters from the series.  Nora is hired as Allie's physical therapist who was friends with Elle.  A series  to pick up with horses and other animals.
I cannot get enough of this series and the people in it.  Cade has been alone for a long time - and hasn't had a positive relationship with the mother of his teenaged daughter.  As a result - he hasn't had much of a relationship with his daughter either.  In the last year he has given up his rodeo days and returned to the family property to help his cousin with her ranch and rescue.  He's been renovating a house on the property to have room for his daughter to visit and has been trying to build that relationship back up.  When his ex dies in an accident that also injures his daughter - he is left with a hurting teenager.

Nora is a physical therapist who needs a fresh start after a disastrous relationship.  She arrives at the ranch to help Cade's daughter - and along the way they all end up helping each other.

I loved so much about this book.  I loved especially that Allie, Cade's daughter is a very real teenager - and the way she acts and reacts is 100% authentic to her character and her personality.  Cade is also a great character.  He is tough and strong - and really trying to do the work to get closer to his daughter.  The fact that he never says a bad word about her mom is a pretty amazing thing - particular given he way he was treated.

Overall - I loved this one and hope that there is more to come for this series.

I received this as an ARC from NetGalley, but these opinions are all my own.
How to Cowboy by Jennie Marts is a moving story about a young girl, Allie; her father, Cade; and her physical therapist, Nora. Allie is in the hospital after being in a car crash that had killed her mother. Cade had been out of her life for years: her mother, Amber's, choice. He was here for her now and he wanted to be. He had always wanted to be but had been shut out. Amber had wanted it this way. On the drive from Denver to the ranch, there was not a lot of talking. Allie was devastated and Cade didn't know what to say. Once at the ranch, they met Nora, who had been hired to work with Allie for the next six weeks. She needed intensive therapy, and there was no therapist locally so this was the best solution. Things started to loosen up between Cade and Allie, but it came in spurts and with plenty of outside help. Thirteen is a rough age. Things also started to heat up between Nora and Cade. Then, Allie's aunt showed up to claim her. Allie opted to stay with Cade. Then things fell apart, for all three of them.

Thirteen is a rough age and Allie had just lost her mother. It took a while for her to see that Cade was not the monster that Camber had portrayed. Thankfully there were other women around to whom Allie could warm up. Cade had been immature but had never been a bad guy and her really wanted to be better. It was a complicated few weeks and no matter how good things got, there were complications ahead. It was a decent contemporary plot with well-written characters and situations we can all empathize with. Nora had a history with more choices in men; Allie's mother was dead and she was living with a father she barely know, and Allie was thirteen, enough said.

I was invited to read a free e-ARC of How to Cowboy by Sourcebooks, through Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are mine. #netgalley #sourcebooks #jenniemarts #howtocowboy
4.5 Stars ⭐️

I love it when a book exceeds my expectations! How To Cowboy was one such book. I’m a sucker for both single dads and  cowboys, so reading this was a no brainer.

My heart went out to Cade and his daughter, Allie and everything they went through. Watching them bond and find their way back to each other with Nora’s help, was very sweet. I was rooting for them from page one.

What surprised me most was how much I enjoyed the whole motley crew of animals and humans, front and center in this story. Although secondary characters, they made this the unputdownable romance read that it is.

I’m giving How To Cowboy the judy.ann.loves.books stamp of approval. I look forward to reading more books by this author, TBR and Enjoy!
HOW TO COWBOY by HOW TO COWBOY by Jennie Marts
This is one of my favorite Western Romance series; and Jennie Marts has really knocked it out of the park with this book. I mean: a damaged cowboy, an injured teen, estranged family, rescue animals, and the forbidden attraction with the medical professional? ✔️✔️✔️ It  ticked all the boxes. While learning to trust and reconnecting families is handled very sensitively just to add an extra tug of the heartstrings. Definitely a 5-star read.

ie=UTF8&channel=awUDPv3&asin=B08WZG6BYW

A fun, sweet and heartwarming story. I loved the characters and the connection. This story will take you through an emotional ride with some heartbreaking moments. I loved Cade, Nora and Allie’s journey as they overcome their obstacles. A must read!
How to Cowboy is the third book in the Creedence Horse Rescue by Jennie Marts. A second chance story not just with romance but more importantly a second chance at family bonding. A single father who desperately needs to reconnect with a teenage daughter is at the heart of this plot. Cade a former rodeo competitor now works at the horse rescue ranch. Nora becomes the physical therapist for his daughter after a tragic accident.

The attraction is instant but it is the daughter’s emotional and physical state that needs to be their focus. The ranch is a wonderful setting with the animals who have personality all of their own. I love the animals. A story of healing and recovery along with new love.

An ARC of the book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley which I voluntarily chose to read and reviewed. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
How to Cowboy was an emotional, heartwarming tale that romance lovers will fall hard for! With a romance story I was rooting for, a child who captured my heart and animals I adored, this story was such a huge win! I couldn’t stop smiling, even with all of the emotion packed into the pages. And the tears falling at times. So if you’re a fan of adult romance, then you definitely need this book in your life!

“You okay?” Nora whispered.
    Her heart tore in two as he blinked back tears. But then he slowly nodded. She wanted to go to them, to take both of them into her arms and tell them everything would be okay. But it wouldn’t be okay. Not for Allie. Not for a very long time.

Cade hadn’t spent much time with his daughter, Allie. But when Allie’s mother suddenly passed away in a car accident, Cade found himself bringing his daughter back to the ranch. Being so far away from the city, he hired a traveling physical therapist. Nora moved in next to them to help Allie recover from the accident. And nothing was easy. There was so much emotional healing that had to take place for all three of them. But with time, friendship patience, love and animals, this book sailed fabulously into a happily ever after!

She clutch the towel to her chest. “My heart is still racing.”
    “Your heart is racing? Darlin’, I’m the one who just missed out on seeing a naked woman having a tug-of-war with a goat.”
    That was it. A laugh burst from her, and she couldn’t stop.

I was obsessed with Cade! He was strong, sexy, seductive without even trying and he had a heart of gold! And while he was sure when it came to horses, and working on his cousin’s horse rescue ranch, he wasn’t so sure when it came to his thirteen year old daughter. He was in over his head at times and it felt like he had to walk on egg shells. Thankfully Allie quickly connected with Nora. And Cade felt something when it came to Nora too. Yes there was an instant attraction. But there was something more. With each passing moment that they were near each other, it became harder to deny the chemistry and longing between the two of them!

He leaned down and softly grazed her lips with his— not quite a kiss but enough to feel the soft catch of her breath and the delicious enticement of her mouth.
    “What’s this going to cost me? ” he whispered, but he already knew the answer.
    It was going to cost him everything.

I absolutely adored Nora! Her backstory pulled at my heart. And the way she helped Allie warmed my soul. She was so kind and caring. But she was definitely jaded from her past. So I was happy to see how quickly she warmed to country living and all of the animals. It was emotional to watch how she started to deeply care for Allie, as she helped her heal physically and emotionally. But I loved most of all how she kept feeling a pull towards Cade. They fit so seamlessly together. It was like they had always known each other. So when the first move was made, this book was a steamy, heartwarming read that I couldn’t get enough of!

They were all cracking up, and Allie shrieked with laughter as she tried to get behind Cade instead. “Help! Save me, Dad!”
    Even through the squeals of laughter and with a shot of water hitting him in the chest, Cade heard the word and a crazy happiness spread through him. Allie had called him Dad, and the echo of it made his throat tight with emotion.

I loved being back in Creedence! Seeing familiar faces from not only this series but the Cowboys of Creedence warmed my heart. And while this book could easily be read as a standalone, I can’t recommend enough reading the previous books in this series. Each one is about a different couple, and I loved them all. With charm, humor and romance How to Cowboy was an instant favorite! I loved all of the characters, including the animal ones too. I loved how emotional it was having the animals bond with the humans. Tiny and Otis’ antics had me cracking up and the new addition of Scout, Daisy and Clementine was the best. So yes, this book was such a huge win and I can’t recommend it enough!
Another great book in the Creedence series by author Jennie Marts. I always look forward to her stories and this another heartwarming addition. Fantastic read!
This is a Cowboy Romance, and this is the third book in the Creedence Horse Rescue series. This is all about a 13 year old Allie getting over her Mother's death, and her having to move in with her father that she has not really seen since she was really young. I really love how Cade the father did not say anything bad about the Mother to Allie. I love how Cade try really hard to show is daughter how much he really wants her even if he has not been in her life for a long time. Cade also has a physical therapist come stay on the ranch to help with Allie's getting over her injuries. The PT is one of the main characters in this book, and I really loved her character. The characters are really great, and the animals for just everything in this book series. There are some really funny moments in this book with the animals, and I feel those moments really break the hard stuff that is going on in this book. Great read. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Sourcebooks Casablanca) or author (Jennie Marts) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.