Cover Image: The Way of the Househusband, Vol. 6

The Way of the Househusband, Vol. 6

As someone who loves The way of the Househusband I am not disappointed at all. The author find a new funny story to put the characters through that doesn’t stemmed forced. This is a manga that never fails to make me laugh and I recommended to people just getting into reading manga due to the fact it’s an easy and enjoyable read. I can’t wait for volume 7
Everytime there is a new Volume of Way of the Househusband, I have to request it. Volume 6 is another triumph from Kousuke Oono! I love Tatsu so much! His character is one of hard work, dedication, and humor. Now it's finally time for Tatsu to join the Women's Association, an invitation from the group is highly honored and coveted. Tatsu must show off his house husband skills and prove his place to be inducted.

Each volume of this series has be laughing and going back to the beginning to catch all of the previous references and adventures to bring me back up to date for the newest. This has been my favorite series since I first saw it in 2020 (pre-pandemic). I look forward to more.
In this volume, Tatsu has hit the big time- he's been given a chance to join the Board of Eight Dragons, a.k.a. the local women's association. Will he be able to show them he's got what it takes to be one of their crew, or is he too much of a rookie to make the grade? There's also some otaku shenanigans, fun with doggies, a trip to the dentist, cafe espionage, a bout of insomnia, and a LOT of bread (which, incidentally, is part of the otaku shenanigans!).
I really do love this series, and Tatsu is my dream househusband, though I'd never tell my actual househusband that!

#TheWayoftheHousehusbandVol6 #NetGalley
I am late to the party with this fun manga release. This ongoing series shows the adventures of a Japanese mafia member trying to go straight and be a stay at home husband. As a wife myself, it is hilarious watching someone’s husband try to do the job with which I am so familiar. It is so gratifying to see a tough guy (or a wise guy, really) have such a hard time with tasks some do every day, while being honest and comical. The list of adventures that he could get into are endless and really build up the balancing act that those that stay home and work must juggle. The artistry is beautiful and there is so much to see in each panel.  With an adorable main character, all the mini stories I have encountered so far end happily. In addition the Japanese culture seems to transfer over with no problem, making me excited to learn more similarities. I will be reading the backlist on this manga, and looking forward to more in the future. I thank NetGalley for an ecopy of this release for an honest review.
Another day in a life of a former yakauza member turned househusband. This time his adventures include trying to get in some special items for his wife's favorite show, pet sitting, dentist. I find it hilarious how everything just seems to sinister for him and then it turns out silly. You can't help but laugh at how the situations turn out. Such a fun book to read can't wait to see what kinda situations he gets into in the next book!
Another fantastically sweet and funny issue full of Tatsu's househusband exploits. If you've liked other volumes, you'll like this one as well. Highly recommended. (NetGalley provided me with a digital ARC of this manga in return for an honest review.)
This is somehow the 6th volume of a one-note joke series (former Yakuza becomes stay at home Husband and approaches housekeeping like gangster life!), but it somehow works and doesn't devolve into endless sexist jokes like I thought it might.  This isn't high literature or even comedy, but the art is expressive, the comedy is cute, and there are enough side characters and new situations to keep this diverting.  The household economy and women's guild set pieces work pretty well here.  A fluffy, cute, murderous kitten of a manga series.
This manga series is weird in the absolute best way. It somehow gives a very wholesome feeling to a character with a very dark backstory. Most of the humour comes from the outside characters interactions with Tatsu, but I enjoy the moments where Tatsu interacts with people from his "world." The interaction with the committee of women was a little bit of a miss for me, but its a solid volume. There was a chapter dedicated to Tatsu trying to teach a fellow house-spouse how to economise and save money.

Overall a great addition to an already enjoyable series!
The Way of the Househusband is a fantastic slice of life series about a former yakuza turned full time househusband, and all of the hijinks he gets into because of it.  A lot of the humor stems from the fact that Tatsu is very visibly a yakuza type character doing mundane things with the same intensity he would have in his former line of work.  A lot of the people around him (but hilariously not the wives in his neighborhood association in general) find this frightening.  This series is also great because there's not a big overarching plot, there's a vague building on past stories as more regular characters are introduced, but otherwise each volume is a self-contained collection.  This is a must read for any manga lover.
The Way of the Househusband is such a fun and wonderful story for anyone looking for a lighthearted book.  Each volume proves that this manga keeps getting better, with loveable characters and a sweet story to make anyone say, "Awww."
The Way of the Househusband is a gift that keeps on giving in Volume 6. Apart from what's on the blurb, Tatsu gets to deal with both dogsitting and dealing with a Very Special Vet Appointment for their cat Gin. I expected none of this and yet everything felt absolutely normal for Tatsu's normal day to day. Oono manages to keep Tatsu's domestic adventures fresh and leaves me looking forward to Vol. 7.
As always, The Way of the Househusband is a hilarious, absurd mess. I love that each volume gets progressively more ridiculous. I'm looking forward to reading more!
I pretty much binge read the first 5 volumes of this manga in one afternoon a couple of weeks ago and ADORED it, so I was super excited to see volume 6 on netgalley.

This manga is just hilarious, I love the characters and the situations they're but in. The author manages to make it interesting throughout even though it's not following a linear storyline. I got super attached to the characters and love seeing all the shenanigans they get up to.

Volume six was my lest favourite of them so far, but to be fair I read it while feeling really sick so I can't say that didn't impact the enjoyment. Will continue to buy the volumes as soon as they hit the shelves and I highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun manga series :)

*review copy provided by netgalley*
The Way of the Househusband Vol 6 is another solid addition to Kousuke Oono's series. Each chapter still feels fresh and distinct from the last, and I'm looking forward to the next installment in this series.
This manga really sells don't judge a book by it's cover with it's MC's,  Tastu a  Ex-yakuza turned house husband does his very best with the day to day housework.
This is a awesome and fun manga to add to any collection. It's deadpan humor and misunderstandings really makes this series.  Can't wait for the next Volume. 7.
I love this series and this was a great next instalment! The humour is amazing and I love the simplicity of the stories because they are easy to follow and I think that’s why is so popular internationally.
Thanks to Viz Media & NetGalley for the early copy in exchange for an honest review.

Another fantastic and hilarious addition to the series! I especially liked the chapter with the dogs. :)
This Manga as always is so funny, you think by now it would get old but it never ceases to entertain me. if you want something funny and off the wall I highly recomend this manga.
This was hilarious!  Great series for adults that isn't too violent or sexy.  The main character is ex-yakuza.  He channels all his yakuza energy into being the best/top house husband.  This volume had neighborhood housewives... they are called dragons. LOL.  Definitely a great addition to your personal shelf or library shelf!
This book was a blast, and fans of humor will continue to enjoy this series! My favorite section was the segment about visiting the dentist because I can relate. Definitely appeals to teens and young adults.