Cover Image: The Perks of Loving a Wallflower

The Perks of Loving a Wallflower

This historical is charming, feminist, and adorably queer. I loved this couple so much! They each brought amazing things to the table of their relationship, and I had a great time with this one!
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! It is so well done. My only regret is that I cannot read it again for the first time.
Included as a top pick in bimonthly October New Releases post, which highlights and promotes upcoming releases of the month (link attached)
I have to say I had a hard time when offered this book by Net Galley. I have read the first book in this series and loved it. Who in their right mind would not want to be a Wynchester ! With brothers like Graham and Jacob and sister Chloe, Marjorie and Thomasina(Tommy). After giving it much thought and having read most of Erica's book I went for it. Am so glad I did. Tommy Wynchester is master of disguise. He can be anyone, from a loved by batty Great Aunt or the dashing Baron Vanderbean.
She has been fascinated with one Miss Philippa York since last season. Tommy has come up with different disguises just to be close to her. After a bet with Jacob and Marjorie she dons the disguise of one Baron Vanderbean  as Philippa mother will only let her talk to men of title. The witty, silly banter between Tommy and Philippa is wonderful. Philippa has had many seasons and never found any man that made her sigh or wish to spend more time with them. Till she meets the Baron. All Tommy has ever wanted was to be accepted and love for herself. As these two meets and learn of their secrets the romance is very special. What these two have to fight against, overcome and find love is a fast read that will keep you turning the pages. Am surprised I liked this book as much as I did. However, the cover is all wrong, Tommy should be dressed like she is most comfortable in an open coat and flock with her short hair...
I received an ARC from Net Galley and wish to thank them, this is my honest opinion and am freely giving it. This is steamy love story for those who like to know.
As a master of disguise, Thomasina Wynchester can be a proper young lady—or a bawdy old man. Anything to solve the case. Her latest assignment unveils a top-secret military cipher covering up an enigma that goes back centuries. But when Tommy’s beautiful new client turns out to be the highborn lady she’s secretly smitten with, more than the mission is at stake. Bluestocking Miss Philippa York doesn’t believe in love. Her cold heart didn't pitter-patter when she was betrothed to a duke, nor did it break when he married someone else. All Philippa desires is to rescue her priceless manuscript and decode its clues to defeat a powerful enemy. She hates that she needs a man's help—and she’s delighted to discover the clever, charming baron at her side is in fact a woman.
The second in the series & another very well written book, which is very different for the author as it’s a lovely romance between two women. The characters are well portrayed with plenty of depth. I loved Tommy, a mistress of disguise & also Philippa the bluestocking, Tommy had been in love with Philippa for a while & it was a joy to see their relationship grow & change. Tommy is priceless as Great Aunt Wynchester. I’m loving the Wynchester family & look forward to their stories
My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read
A master of disguise who wants to be loved for their true self finds love with a bluestocking society miss who years for more in The Perks of Loving a Wallflower. I’ve been waiting for Tommy Wynchester to get the happily ever after they yearn for ever since they first gazed longingly at Philippa York in The Duke Heist and Erica Ridley delivered.

Philippa is a bluestocking who has never felt love or desire, so she is less than thrilled her mother is absolutely determined to see her married off. Her mother is so overbearing she takes up more page time than I would like but it definitely highlights what Philippa is up against. After turning down a duke her mother is threatening to disallow Philippa’s bluestocking club which is the only thing that brings her joy. Then a mystery falls into her lap and she and her friends need the help of the scandalous Wynchester family. Philippa has long envied the Wynchesters their freedom and adventures and I wanted her to have that for herself. Philippa is smart and determined but she has blind spots that cause her to not see the damage she can do. I liked that she was imperfect and I liked even more that she eventually learned from her mistakes.

Tommy can don any guise and enjoys getting lost in a character, but what they really long for is to be loved for their true self. Tommy is a rake who gave up their flirtatious ways the minute they first saw Philippa. Tommy is so head-over-heels for Phillipa they’ll do anything for her, but even so it broke my heart to think that Tommy would give up what they want for someone else. There is so much to love about Tommy, whose heart is as big as the ocean and who is clever, funny, and incredibly interesting. Tommy didn’t have as big a personal journey as Philippa but I liked that they learned to not accept less than they deserve.

The romance between Tommy and Philippa is slow burn but it worked exceptionally well. Philippa is demisexual and I liked how her passions slowly awakened as she fell for Tommy. And Tommy, who so easily flirts with women, struggles due to being so far gone over Philippa, eventually finds their footing. It’s not an easy road for the two of them between Mrs. York’s interference and Philippa being unwilling to see outside the roadmap of her life that was laid for her. Every obstacle in their path was worth fighting to overcome and I was rooting for Philippa and Tommy every step of the way.

The Perks of Loving a Wallflower is the second book in the Wild Wynchesters series but it can easily be read as a standalone. I adore the close-knit, wildly unique Wynchester family and how much they love one another. I also really enjoyed Philippa’s bluestocking friends and hope to see more of them. All in all, I greatly enjoyed Tommy and Philippa’s story and I cannot wait to see what Ridley has planned for Graham Wynchester!
I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley

Holy crap what a great book! I stayed up all night to finish this one in one setting.
I was so happy to learn that we were getting another Wynchester sibling story. The entire group of siblings is full of great personalities that I look forward to exploring all their characters. That this particular sister is in love with another woman and that Ridley went ahead and wrote a sweet and uplifting story about them is incredible.
Thomasina "Tommy" Wynchester fell in love with Miss Philippa York at first sight when she met her in disguise while helping her siblings in The Duke Heist. They apparently have nothing in common beyond a desire to see that a woman's hard work doesn't get credited to an unscrupulous man, but the more time they spend together, the more they find themselves incapable of fighting the attraction between them. It's more than just physical, they understand each other as no one else does.
But the story isn't just about two women figuring out how to be together. It's a great caper where books must be liberated and a wronged group of women must get justice before a man takes credit for something he had nothing to do with. It makes for great fun scenes in between sweetly romantic ones. And we get to know more about the rest of the Wynchester siblings, which I'll always consider a plus.
I'm so happy to see such a well-written Sapphic historical romance that I'm willing to forgive the fact that Ridley dug a little too deep into the woe-is-me well for almost every scene in which both Tommy and Philippa are pinning for the other. The obstacles they face before they can get their HEA are serious and major, but their Debbie-Downer moments tended to be bumps in an otherwise super fun and positive story. That's the only negative thing I can possibly say about this one.
Overall, it's an expertly played romance with a positive twist. Highly recommended.

Happy thanks to NetGalley and Forever for the sweet read!
I received a copy from NetGalley via the author; this is my honest review.
-If you haven't catch on from the blurb, this is a FF regency romance. The first from this author from what I can tell (I possess all her books but haven't read 6 of them).
-The FF part is written with taste and no more details than when the scene is MF.
-I wasn't surprised by the blurb. Thomasina has shown herself in other books but subtly. It just gained full force in this one with no way to misinterpret what's going on.
-So sad: "the reading circle continued ... because Lady Eunice wished it ... not because it brought happiness or comfort" to her own daughter. I dearly hope Philippa's mother is not like all the other mothers in her time.
-A bit of repeats, like the fact that every Winchester sat in the same place at the table.
-I'm confused. Where were Philippa's parents while Northrup's circle of admirers dispersed or even when Philippa started talking with Captain N.? They could not have missed all the people surrounding them.
-I loved Sybil and her schedules; I do hope we see her again. In particular when she wants to make one for the carriage rides. That was the cherry on top.
-I really love it when I see all the Winchesters partake in the happiness of others, be it finding who wrote the code or who's in love with whom; it doesn't matter. Philippa and Faircliffe are even working together.
-I love it when the author brings us to the next book.
OMG I love this fabulous family so much! I was hooked by page 20 with this one and couldn't stop. We get all the trying to solve problems, plans, costume, taking down the patriarchy, figuring out who you love, a homing kitten!!!,  and a group of super nerdy ladies aka bluestockings! This f/f romance is just so on point it will bring you joy. Tommy we know from book one and you can't not laugh at her antics but also just feel for her and just hoping she get the love she deserves. Philippa grows so much in this book and will have your nerdy heart wish you could join her group of bluestockings so much.

This one is just so full of love, laughter, joy, it will having you laughing out loud and happy. I can NOT wait for the rest of this series so much! I can't want for this found family and for each of them to get their HEA- they are all so fun with their talents that make the family whole and amazing.

5 stars
3.5 steam

Thanks to forever for a copy of this book!
This is the first book I have read by Erica Ridley, and will most definitely not be my last. Philipa is a self proclaimed wallflower, who would prefer to read books while her mother is trying to match her to a titled gentleman. Thomasina (Tommy) is a sibling in the adventurous Wynchester family, and dresses up in a variety of disguises for capers. Philipa and Tommy fall in love while finding justice for a friend who was slighted by an uncle, who stole her idea for a military cipher. This is a sapphic, regency romance, and is full of delight and fun. I loved the slow burn of Philipa and Tommy’s romance, and their chemistry is worth the wait. I also think that Ridley handled the LGBTQ+ regency aspect really well. Tommy could be non-binary in how she’s represented, and the story doesn’t gloss over the challenges that would have been faced by two women choosing to love eachother in the early 1800s. I highly recommend this book for fans of fast paced, sapphic, regency romances. I will definitely be continuing this series and going back to read the first in the series.
I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley and am voluntarily posting a review. All opinions are my own.

The Perks of Loving a Wallflower is the second in Erica Ridley’s Wild Wynchesters series. It works as a stand-alone, but I absolutely adored book one (as well as the prequel novella) and the quirky family dynamics of the series thus far, so I would recommend reading all of the available books. This one is equally charming and I can enthusiastically say I read this one with as big a smile on my face as I did the first.

Tommy was one of the standout supporting characters from the prior book, so I loved getting to know her here. She’s such a fun character, what with all the masquerading she does when her family’s needs call for it. I also love how that parallels her articulation of her identity. She stares at one point, “Sometimes I feel more like a man, and sometimes I’m more like a woman. What you’re seeing are cosmetics…I couldn’t grow a beard if my life depended on it. I’ve always been more comfortable in men’s attire, but beneath these pantaloons, I’ve the same parts you do.” I loved the way she articulated it, as well as her later expression of wanting to be accepted for herself, not some disguise she could no longer remove that would make her coupling with Philippa “acceptable” to Society.

I really liked Philippa too, especially as she goes through some personal growth. At the outset, she feels pressured to conform to the “respectable marriage and family” mold imposed by high Society, but she doesn’t feel drawn to it. Yet, she feels obligated to attempt to conform, even as her attempts at rebellion lead to her prospects diminishing. I rooted for her as she slowly came to the realization that she should grasp what she wants. I respected the balance between discussing the risks of being queer during the Regency more broadly, while also providing a believable path to an HEA.

I also appreciated the portrayal of Philippa’s parents. I fully expected them to reject her after she articulated her desire for something different, given how hard-ass her mother in particular was about conforming. But I was pleased that it went in an opposite direction, going against the toxic parent trope.

I did feel there were some issues with the pacing of the caper/heist elements in this one, as I wasn’t as consistently invested. But I really liked the general vibe of “women supporting women” and taking down the patriarchy.

This is a delightful Regency read, and perfect for those who want something that is fairly lighthearted and doesn’t take itself too seriously, while also knowing when more serious emotion is called for.
Will she be able to get free from the ties holding her back …

I was more than a little curious about this book, I have read now for some years Mrs Ridely’s work, but this is as much as I know her first foray in homosexuality. And while I have read a few gay romances, never did I came upon a female lovers tale.
The historical setting adds a spice of danger to this romance, as male homosexuality was facing death sentences, I wondered if there was a similar penalty for women, even if sapphism was in some way not really acknowledged unlike gayness, as women were seen as nun, wife or whore but nothing in between. After all, as they were only property passed from father to brother to husband then son, how could they manage a lasting relationship with an other woman without getting fished.

Tommy despite her many disguises, knows who she is and what she wants. She can play games and impersonate many entities, still at the end of the day, she is Tommy. Why she denies longing for someone to see her, cheer her, want her, love her, her soul bleeds for a long lasting embrace, something more permanent than her few hours stolen with lovers in very closely guarded houses.
Philippa, on the contrary, only follows her parents leads, contenting with her books, bluestockings afternoon teas and wondering what is broken in her as no man has not once awakened even a tiny spark of interest and awareness in her. She makes do even with each new slight handed by her mother for not reaching her lofty expectations, never really wondering what might lie her outside the confines of her sheltered existence.

Both are in the same predicament, they want to be noticed and appreciated for who they are.
In many way Tommy is much more lucky as she has all her siblings to bath her in their warming love while Philippa has no one, despite still having her parents, she is just a means to an end to them, at best her father ignore her completely as she deceived him by failing to marry a Duke when her mother only focuses on her for the title she is to bring into the family with a potential husband.
But Tommy is invisible to the outside world, passing mostly her time masquerading as other beings, and being a Winchester is a no go among the ton. Philippa is only seen for the wealth she will bring upon her marriage, when she only wants to put her mark to the world. Longing to be free like a Winchester.

I wondered after how many contempts Philippa would endure before realizing her family might have raised her, they do not own her, that they have no real right to ask her to sacrifice her future for their own gain. They might be loving her, but she is no one tool, even it is the way of society to use their daughters to advance their rank and status.

Seing again all the Winchesters working together, rubbing elbows and bickering was of course the cherry on top, they are part of the enjoyment of this story and series. To add to the fun was watching Tommy cross ballrooms and with one gaze bewitch many of the women, when at the same time many spurned her for being Baron Vanderbean’s heir, the eccentric who adopted a motley crew of street urchins.

And … Oh my!
Their first kiss, I do not remember having read a more sensual scorching embrace about a mere caress of the lips.

With talent Mrs Riley offers us a moving tale of unconventional lovers who only long to be themselves.

𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹 onscreen lovemaking scenes

I have been granted an advance copy by the author, here is my true and unbiased opinion.
This novel was absolutely beautiful and everything that I could have hoped and wished it to be. This inclusive love story does a lovely job of subtly exploring different sexual identifications and orientations during a time that people had to be much more secretive and cautious about their true selves. I think Erica Ridley takes time and care in exploring these ideas, she crafts her characters out of love and respect and she weaves together a story of hope and beauty. This novel is very well paced, accessible and excellently consensual throughout. I was immediately drawn into this love story, charmed by all the characters, teared up when things looked hard and cheered when love and lessons are hard earned and won.

Tommy, is a master of disguise and she has been in love with Philippa from afar for awhile. With the encouragement of her siblings she decides to disguise herself as the Baron in order to gain the confidence (and Philippa's mother's consent) to talk to her. Philippa is a bluestocking, she has no dreams of marriage but she feels obligated to make her parents happy and they are demanding that she marry a lord. When Tommy reveals to Philippa her true identity, they both enter into a scheme to help Philippa and the Baron to gain notoriety in society while working together to unmask a villain.

This novel is richly woven with lots of discussions around learning to be true to who you are no matter what. This love story is absolutely stunning, two people learning to respect and understand someone's heart and truly seeing them. It is delightfully sweet the way Tommy is absolutely charmed by Philippa and this admiration only grows as they spend time together, converse and explore a more physical side to their relationship. I really enjoyed watching Philippa internally explore and understand that she is a passionate and feeling person when it is being explored and expressed with someone that she trusts and finds attractive. I loved that Tommy knows who she is, she is comfortable a certain way and that she will only accept a partner who also sees the true her, wants the true her and does not ask her to change. This novel is wonderfully sensual, Tommy and Philippa are both so open with each other and always checking in with the other to make sure that they feel taken care of and comfortable, not only in their everyday interactions but also when they are exploring a more physical expression of their feelings. Tommy and Philippa's love story is only supported and better uplifted due to the beautiful Wynchester siblings who know who Tommy is and never questions that, as well as being so accepting and understand of Philippa as soon as she enters their sphere. It is a true thing of beauty to see this and the understanding of what home and love should really mean.

I so highly recommend this novel, it is absolutely worth your time. I think you will find a beautiful acceptance between these pages no matter who you are, what your sexual orientation or identity is. You will learn to "Trust yourself. Believe in yourself. Live for yourself." (as stated by Graham Wynchester).
This book is absolutely fabulous. It’s technically the second in a series (which I didn’t realize going into it) and though I haven’t read the other books yet, I feel I was able to understand everything well enough without the first book.

Tommy Wynchester is part of a Regency-era found family dedicated to righting wrongs, destroying patriarchal conventions, and living authentically. Tommy is a master of disguise. Throughout the book we see them as a number of characters from senile Great Aunt Wynchester to the rakish and charming Baron Vanderbeam. Tommy has been smitten from afar with Philippa York, a high-brow bluestocking (i.e. bookworm) who has made it through five seasons without being married. Is this of Philippa’s own volition because she is not interested in men or are her parents picky?

What unfolds is a queer Regency romance unlike any I’ve ever read. I would personally categorize it as a f/nb romance because Tommy frequently mentions that she feels like both and neither male and female (though female pronouns are used). The main characters of Tommy and Philippa are *so* easy to fall in love with. I tend to stay away from historical queer fiction because I find the homophobia suffocating, but I think Erica Ridley was able to maintain the topic conversationally and seriously so that it wasn’t overbearing.

In addition to the two, I also loved the side characters. The rest of the Wynchester’s are incredibly lovable and I’m excited to see their romances. Philippa’s bluestocking reading group is also full of strong, interesting women who provide the brunt of the outside plot of this novel. Overall, I enjoyed every page of this sweet, smart, hot, and feminist queer Regency romance and I’m excited to see what else the Wynchester family will get up to.

**Many thanks to NetGalley, Erica Ridley, and the publisher for a free e-ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
This book is absolutely darling. Somehow I missed reading the first book in this series but now I’ll have to go back and read it. The Perks of Loving a Wallflower tells the story of Thomasina “Tommy” and Philippa. Philippa’s family is desperate for her to marry a title but she is a wallflower more interested in her books than anything else. Tommy has been in love with Philippa for a while but has been in disguise as other people when they’ve interacted. One of Tommy’s disguises is a Baron and she and Philippa soon find themselves faking a relationship so they can spend more time together and solve a mystery behind letters hidden in illuminated manuscripts. The pair grow close and Philippa must choose between her family’s expectations and love.

I really liked both Tommy and Philippa. I desperately want to join Philippa’s group of “bookish-and-proud-of-it ladies.” I loved Tommy’s oddball family and her ability to change her appearance and blend into whatever situation she needs to. I love that the two love each other for who they are. I was especially impressed by the intimacy in the book. The terminology was all anatomically correct and there was a strong emphasis on consent. I am also glad that the mystery didn’t take over the whole story but kept the plot moving and kept Tommy and Philippa on page together and working toward the same goal.

Thank you to Forever for the gifted copy and Forever and NetGalley for the digital ARC.
Bluestocking Philippa is more interested in finding ancient manuscripts than she is in finding a husband. Her social-climbing mother, unfortunately, disagrees. Philippa is expected to marry by the end of the season, even though no man has ever given her the fluttery feelings associated with attraction.

Thomasina Wynchester, aka Tommy, is a master of disguise. Too nervous to approach Philippa as herself, she pretends to be her adoptive father's noble heir. As Philippa gets more embroiled in the Wynchester family's latest investigation, the bond between her and Tommy grows. Can Philippa break free from expectations to build the life she chooses?

What a lovely, joyful sapphic romance this is. Not to mention laugh-out-loud funny. Like, I finished this yesterday, and I'm still laughing. Tommy is a unique and brilliant character, yet she never upstages Philippa. Their relationship is enough to carry the story, yet there's also a fun caper that's like a bonus. It's more intrigue than suspense, without a high level of danger. This is an entertaining and emotional novel with some steamy scenes and excellent nonbinary representation.

Thanks, NetGalley, for the ARC I received. This is my honest and voluntary review.
***Sapphic, non-binary Regency romance!!!***

A delightfully heart-melting tale for fans of Bridgerton. The Perks of Loving a Wallflower has all the tried and true tropes: Regency romance, fake courting, and secret identities abound. There is a society of literary-minded womenfolk and a found family with Robin Hood-esque morals. Not to mention Philippa’s mother desperate to marry her off fervently enough to make even Mrs Bennett do a double take.

To top it off, not only is this a sapphic romance, one of the protagonists also identifies as non-binary—explicitly stated in the text, even if the modern term is not used. Tommy’s loved ones are utterly accepting of both who she is and who she loves. And while Philippa makes plenty of missteps and assumptions regarding Tommy’s identity, love and enlightenment ultimately win out.

Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys slow-burn romances with lots of pining and emotional growth. I am a new Erica Ridley devotee.
Thank you to Netgalley & Grand Central Publishing for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: ★★★★ stars

"Be careful. Disguises are useful when used strategically, but if you wear them for too long... you can lose who you really are."

✍️ One Sentence Synopsis: Self-declared investigator & expert of disguise Thomasina Wynchester stumbles upon a case involving her long-time crush Miss Philippa York, who is being pushed by her mother to find a husband, and together they expose the imposter at the center of their case while also discovering their feelings for one another.

💭 Overall Thoughts: This book had so many aspects I loved, and I was thoroughly amused at the dialogue while reading. I found Philippa and Tommy's dynamic to be positively adorable. The romance was very prominent in this story, and the mystery more of a side plot, which I appreciated because the romance carried the story. This book put a silly grin on my face!

What I Liked:
👍 The Romance: Philippa and Tommy had the hilarious "refined woman/rugged man" dynamic, with a lovely f/nb sapphic spin on it. I felt the pacing of their romance was so well done, with Tommy reveling herself as a woman in one of their first official meetings, and the romance taking a slow and steamy pace after that. It saved us from a boring "you've betrayed me" plot, and instead we could focus more on the scandal of their relationship. This romance had STEAM, ranging from uber-tense hand brushes to explicit sex scenes. I loved the range!
👍 Characters: Tommy stole the show for me. Their smart-mouth and smooth talking had my mouth drop open several times. If I were Philippa... I would not have lasted as long as she did before falling in love. PHEW. Philippa herself, while at times a bit clueless and independent on her mother, was very relatable. I resonated with her desire to please her parents, while also seeking what her heart wanted most. The Wynchester family was hilarious and full of banter, and they have my interest piqued to read more of them!
👍 The LGBT+ Representation: I felt the sapphic relationship was very well-done! Tommy and Philippa's relationship felt so real, especially the moments where they felt stifled by societal expectations. Within this unwelcoming setting, Tommy and Philippa found a safe place to be themselves and live without judgement. I loved the happiness they found! While I can't speak from a first-hand perspective to the quality of the non-binary representation, I also felt is was very respectful. Tommy explaining how she sometimes felt masculine and feminine and then carefully correcting others who misconstrued her preference for appearance, were aspects that were so refreshing to hear from a main character.

What I Didn’t Like:
👎 Ease of Reading: There were times that this book felt a bit dry to me, and I had to stop myself from getting distracted and go back to reading. I wish it had been a bit more gripping in certain areas (the start, parts in the middle/middle-end)!

💞 Read this if you liked: The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite

⚠️ Content Warnings: Nothing notable I can think of!

Now that she'd experienced passion, she wanted it.
And the world wasn't built to let her have it.
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

Thomasina Wynchester, or Tommy for short, can do just about anything, and be just about anyone, but put her in front of Miss Phillipa York, she becomes so tongue-tied, and can't get her words out. As soon as she met Philippa with her sister, Chloe, Tommy has been in love, but she can't let herself be herself, without risking it all. Philippa knows her parents want her to marry well, and gain a title, but after losing the Duke of Faircliffe, she has been told she will marry, and soon. She needs to rescue her friend from the clutches of her power hungry uncle, who is using her friend's intellect for his own gain, and only with the help of the Wynchesters, and Tommy in particular, can they win. And for Philippa, who has never felt anything when with a man, the things she is feeling when around Tommy, in any disguise, makes her consider whether marrying a man is the right thing for her.

Ever since I met Tommy and Philippa in The Duke Heist, I knew I needed to read their story. They had such a fantastic love story, with it ups and downs, and I was so happy with how the book ended. Tommy wasn't born a Wynchester - none of the family were - but after the late Baron Vanderbeam found them, and brought the family together, they have been inseparable - until Chloe married. Now Tommy is drifting, and she continues to use the newly inherited guise of Baron Vanderbeam for her own gain, but especially to be around Philippa. I felt for Tommy so much. She didn't really know where she fit in life, and it seemed like most people, including Philippa, wanted her to be someone, and something she wasn't. But luckily, Philippa did see the real Tommy underneath, and loved her, just as she was loved in return. This book is such a roller coaster of emotions: from the highs and the lows, the laughter and the angst. I also loved the mystery and the intrigue that the Wynchesters and reading club were involved in - and the cliffhanger was a perfect menace. I need more, but will have to wait - somewhat impatiently - for Graham's story.