Cover Image: Redeeming Your Time

Redeeming Your Time

This was - by far - the best book I've read on productivity. And trust me, I've read a lot of them.

Let's start with Jordan's writing style. In this book, he would seamlessly transition from quoting C.S. Lewis to quoting Taylor Swift, and referencing some of the greatest theologians to referencing Hamilton or The Office. It made this book fun to read and it made Jordan relatable, while still keeping the theology solid and the conversation productive. Also, with his concise writing style he packed a ton of knowledge into 256 pages, so I learned a lot without having to spend hours and hours working through the book (like some others I could mention).

On to the actual content. While most productivity books largely focus on either theory or best practices, this book effortlessly meshed the two. Each of the seven topics covered started with their theological basis, then explained how they were scientifically valid, and ended with a list of ways to implement the idea into your life in a practical manner.

The best part of this book was that, because each of the seven principles was based on Jesus' life, the priority was not 'get what you have to do done so you can go have fun.' The focus was on using your time to the best of your ability so that you can glorify God as much as possible, whether that means finishing your to-do list or postponing it to help a neighbor. So many books prioritize what's best for you or what you want to do, and this has made me a bit uncomfortable when it comes down to implementing the practices they suggest. Because Jordan's principles prioritize Jesus, though, I feel no hesitation doing anything he suggests.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book to everyone looking to use their time to the best of their ability.

I received this book for free from Netgalley. All comments and opinions are entirely my own, and I am writing a voluntary review.
Highly practical and deeply theological. This book has provided many sound principles to make the best use of our time during our short lifespan and our limitations. This is a must read for all who wants to make the most of every minute of their live, from evaluating priorities to scheduling the week, this book has given me much to learn and digest and apply. 5/5 stars!
An uncontrolled busy life can cause us to forget why we are living. Jordan Raynor knows what it's like to be busy and in his book, Redeeming Your Time, he shares his experience with time management skills. Redeeming Your Time is not just another self help book. It's a book about how to value your time so you can be at peace with unexpected God-appointed interruptions.

Raynor includes examples from Jesus' life and offers practical advice on how to better manage your To-Do List.  He explains reasons why we need to manage our time, documented research, and gives samples from his own schedule. Raynor doesn't let you sit back and just read. He puts what he says into practice by giving you specific things to do with your own schedule. You get to practice what you read.

At first glance there is a lot of extra information that you might think is unnecessary and it may appear boring, but boring it isn't. The biographical stories of people who used their time wisely were amazing and the explanation of how God created us to function was fascinating. The extra tidbits make you sit back and say, "Wow! I never knew that!" Next, you'll find yourself reading bits and pieces to everyone you know.

I enjoyed this book and will reread it often. It reminded me that my days are numbered and I need to value the time God gives me. This was one of the best and most interesting books about time management I've read.  This isn't a book to rush. Instead spend time doing the practices so that you can discover the skills that work for you.  The goal is to find ways to steward your time well.

I've benefited from already putting into practice a few of the things I learned and plan to add a few more of his ideas. All adults, college students and teenagers will also benefit from reading Redeeming your Time by Jordan Raynor. It is biblically based, backed by scientific research and inspiring.  It will make a great gift for graduations, new moms-to-be, and for anyone facing  a new phase in their life.

Thank you, Waterbrook and Multnomah, for the free ebook via NetGalley. I am not required to give a positive review and all opinions expressed are my own. ”
OK so this book is not meant for people that have ADHD or any other Nuro divergent.

And being somebody with ADHD and who is gifted (not a brag trust me you don’t want to be)

I can tell you books like this that I’ve tried to cram myself into for a good majority of my adult life have never helped.

Elements of them and I’m gonna be taking elements from here half the method that they use is meant for Neuro typical brains that work very well and structure

Not brains that want to be like oh look shiny sparkly thing

I do like that the author talks about needing to take rest and then that matters and it’s good for brain health very helpful

I’m looking at it from a biblical point of you is very different than a lot of these books are
It also doesn’t fall into a lot of the pinholes a lot of these books do which is nice to see

But for me and his ability for me really doesn’t work

My brain doesn’t work the way other peoples brains work.
It’s using a different operating system and getting a software that runs on a standard operating system doesn’t work on my brain
Apparently I’ve got computers in my mind right now
I can see what this would be helpful for somebody who doesn’t have ADHD.

It might help you things in perspective. But for me I look at these tasks and think I could never accomplish it therefore I’m a failure thanks brain

So yeah just now this is not for people that are non-Nuro typical And as always thank you to Not Galli for sending me this from you copy
We all wish we had more time in our lives, but what if we had a system to use the time we have more effectively. There are plenty of time management or self help books out there but Jordan presents a more powerful system using seven powerful time- management principles drawn from the example of how Jesus lived. Hands down, the only time management book you will need!

Jordan has an amazing writing style that makes you feel like you are sitting with him in front of a fire, talking as old friends. Jordan's book will help you recapture you time, become more productive and become as Christlike as possible!
Revolutionize the way you live your life!

You may not believe me when I write this, but Jordan Raynor’s latest release, Redeeming Your Time, is one of the most TRANSFORMING books you will read this year! With thousands of motivational books professing to have found the “elixir of time management,” Jordan Raynor takes a humble and refreshing approach, removing us from the center and putting God in His rightful place. Including 7 biblical principles inspired by Jesus’ time on earth and 32 practices that will reshape your life, Redeeming Your Time is more than a self-help book; it’s a tool that will put the puzzle pieces of your life together to ensure that you are doing your most effective work for the Kingdom of God!

Jesus knew He didn’t have a lot of time to fulfill His mission, so He was purposeful with how He spent each day. Nevertheless, while it was essential for Him to be among the people and minister to the lost, Jesus also showcased the importance of separating ourselves from the noise and spending time in silence. Today, we live in a world of unending noise, distractions, and idols that want to divert our attentions away from the purpose and calling God has placed on our hearts; however, we don’t have to remain in this constant state of feeling swamped by our work and personal lives. It’s time we learn how to turn off the noise, prioritize what matters most, understand the importance of rest, and close the open loops that are distracting us from successfully diving into productive, deep work!

"Deep work makes the dream work." ~ Jordan Raynor

Jordan Raynor’s personality shines through each page of Redeeming Your Time! Writing in a conversational rather than lecture kind of way, readers will resonate with Jordan’s message and the practices he encourages everyone to implement into their lives. Debunking the myths that work gets us into the Kingdom of God and that we were created to experience the thrill of life (YOLO), Jordan does a FABULOUS job of redirecting readers to the truth. He writes, “No matter how productive you are in this life, your status as an adopted child of God will never ever change…God has given us work to do! We’re not here to just coast through life. We are here on a mission to glorify God by doing as much good for others as possible.”

Redeeming Your Time is by far the best book I have read all year! As someone who was struggling to complete my tasks and fulfill my goals, this book not only gave me the guidance to no longer feel overwhelmed by my usual juggling act, but it also taught me how to restore my time without reducing the work I have been called to do! One of the most humbling encouragements I found in this book was the reminder that “while it may appear that we will all die with unfinished symphonies, ultimately this is just an illusion, as 'God is able to bring eternal results from our time-bound efforts.' (Jordan Raynor  & Jen Wilkin— also, see Philippians 1:6). After reading these words, I realized the false pressure I had put on myself to race to the finish line, always looking to the future to make sure I will finish the work set out for me, rather than embracing what God is doing in the present. Once I released this weight, I noticed that my work became more meaningful and productive and that I'm no longer afraid that I will be a disappointment if I die before completing the vision God has given me!

“See then that you walk exactly, not as the unwise, but as the wise, redeeming the time, because the days are wicked.” ~ Ephesians 5;15-16 (TS2009)

"We’re called to model Jesus’ example of counting the cost and eliminating hurry from our schedules. We’re called to glorify the Father by doing good works for others. We’re called to reflect Jesus by being purposeful, present, and wildly productive. In short, we’re called to redeem our time." ~ Jordan Raynor

If you are one of the many people who feel as though the waves of busyness and noise are constantly pummeling you underwater, I cannot recommend Redeeming Your Time enough! In fact, if you’re ready to commit to revolutionizing and redeeming your time, I want to encourage you to sign up for Jordan Raynor’s 7-week Coaching Community — a program that goes through each chapter with a community of international participants, weekly zoom calls with Jordan himself, and one-to-one coaching! Doing this course was a huge blessing and provided me with accountability as I began implementing the new habits I formed through reading this book! And, here’s the best part, until October 18th, Jordan Raynor is offering a 60% discount on his upcoming program! It’s an incredible deal that is worth the money! Click on the link below to sign up today!

*Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a pre-release copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own!*
This is a stand alone book for planning out your day.  I have always struggled in finding the right plan for me and what works.  The author of this book is very disciplined and he pushes you a lot on why he is the way that he is.  His answer is Jesus didn’t wasn’t his time on earth, why should we?  Jesus was very disciples so we should as well.  It is hard to argue against that.

I think overall this book was very heavy in detail and I can understand why.  I would say move through this book slow and mark it up.  Highlight and write and much as you can in this book and continue to come back to it.  It is a one stop shop for anyone that is trying to become more disciplined.

One of my favorite topics in the book was a couple different ways that you can schedule out your day and how we have 4 hours of productive work a day so lets make them count.  I really enjoyed the 90 min on and 15 min rest as you go throughout the day and add in a couple phone calls and message breaks here and there.
Time Management books abound, but Redeeming Your Time: 7 Biblical Principles for Being Purposeful, Present, and Wildly Productive by Jordan Raynor has what they do not. This book begins and concludes with the ultimate  Time Management expert: Christ. His earthly example shows us how to get the background scenario right before we plunge into the practical how-to. The author has provided a solid foundation for changing our attitude about and motivation for budgeting our time to advising us on how to gracefully say no  to requests for our time.

I love this book because the author explains the Why before the What.  The 7 Biblical Principles are Start With the Word, Let Your Yes Be Yes, Dissent from the Kingdom of Noise, Prioritize Your Yeses, Accept Your "Unipresence", Embrace Productive Rest, and Eliminate All Hurry. Each chapter gives detailed Practices (step by step actions to take to live out that chapter's premise).

Do you delight in planning almost every moment of your day? Love calendars that are almost charts? This how-to even includes the author's own Time Management examples as well as more downloadable resources available on his website. Organized,  but not that organized? You can easily craft your own Time Budget plan of which Practices you want to use and which are a bit too detailed for your preference.

I have begun following many of the Practices the author describes. I have seen what I accomplish each day definitely become more purposeful and productive!

Note: I received a review copy of this book from Net Galley.
The Things I Love

❤️  It zeroes in our ultimate purpose in life which is to glorify our Creator, the Author of time,  in everything we do, no matter how simple or complicated it may be. One way to do this is to produce quality work all the time.

❤️   I appreciate what Raynor said about our freedom to choose the callings that can fulfill our ultimate purpose. In the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and Rapid Planning Method, these callings are called the roles we play at work and home. Raynor's three primary callings are husband, father, and entrepreneur.

Following the 5 Floors of Priority, the book teaches the next steps to do after identifying your roles and your long-term goals for each role. This is the fun part because you get to write the dreams you wish to fulfill in every aspect of your life and these dreams are turned into projects and actions lists which are parts of the Commitment Tracking System created by Raynor. When you get the hang of it, you will turn your dreams into reality by using the system.   As Tony Robbins said, “If you talk about it, it's a dream, if you envision it, it's possible, but if you schedule it, it's real.”

❤️ As reinforcements to practicing Redeeming Your Time, additional resources such as free videos, downloads, and links are provided on Raynor's website, https://jordanraynor.com/ryt.

I think this book is perfect for people who want to know their purpose in life and to fulfill that purpose with stress-free productivity.

Thank you Jordan Raynor, NetGalley , and WaterBrook for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I have enjoyed each of Jordan's books. At times, however, during Redeeming Your Time, I would begin to be overwhelmed with all the details in this particular title. Yet, once I stepped back and reminded myself these are suggestions and Jordan explaining his processes the overwhelmed sensation left. I have gleaned the parts which I believe fit me and encourage readers to do the same.
I’ve read all of Jordan’s books thus far and really appreciate the way he brings scripture into everything he writes. With a hyper-focus on time management, the book was full of actionable exercises for professionals but I missed his usual storytelling. It felt like he was trying to cover a lot in one book. I got the most from his fourth chapter, Prioritize Your Yeses. All in all, it was worth the read and inspired a few notes.
I loved "Called To Create" so I was very excited to see this new book from Jordan Raynor. I love his style of writing - it's accessible and simple in a conversational way. I love his perspective and the topics that he tackles.

In the last couple of years, I noticed something about Jesus' work that was eye-opening to me. Much of what He did was in between things. Phrases like "on His way" or "while they were going" show up constantly. Jesus didn't seem to look for things to do; He just did what came His way, along the way of His plans.

There wasn't any one thing that jumped out as really revolutionary to me in this book but the message is so important. I think one of my favorite "principles" is that God doesn't need our work. We aren't letting Him down by not completing everything.

In addition to all the excellent tips in the book, Jordan Raynor gives us even more value by curating tools and even more material on his website. I think that is such an excellent way to serve people so well and I love that he did it.

This is definitely a buy-and-read-again book for me.