Cover Image: Can't Go Back

Can't Go Back

This is the third and reportedly final installment of a trio of novels featuring Birmingham Detectives Kerri Devlin & Luke Falco - however I for one, certainly hope the author reconsiders and extends this series – I think they could easily become as popular as Catherine Coulter’s Savich & Sherlock! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
A fast paced adrenaline ride featuring a fabulous duo! I’m sad to see this series come to an end but this was a fitting conclusion. I was invested in the case from the beginning and couldn’t put it down- the twists and turns kept me engaged and riveted. My thanks to the publisher for the advance reader in exchange for my honest review.
Thank you NetGalley and Debra Webb for the ARC of Can’t Go Back by Debra Webb that I read and reviewed.
This is the third book in the Devlin and Falco series by Debra Webb and this book takes the reader into Luke Falco’s past and what he was before he started working with and falling for Kerri Devlin.
I really loved this book and now the reader got a look at Falco’s past even though he really did not want to go there. It was interesting to see where the character came from and what made him tick.
I had it figured out who started the fire but I was shocked over the reason why it was done. As for everything else that was going on in the book I absolutely loved it. In true Webb fashion she had so many things going on she kept the reader on their toes and wanting more. I can’t wait to see where Devlin and Falco go next.
Can’t Go Back gets five out of five stars!
This is the third and final book in the Devlin and Falco series and it does not disappoint. Kerri Devlin and Luke Falco at detectives in  Birmingham who arrive at the scene of a house fire where a mother and daughter have perished and the father is injured trying to save his family. But nothing at the crime scene seems to make sense. The husband, a former undercover officer, makes a full confession but why was he unconscious on the front lawn and then ran inside to save them? What would compel him to confess if he didn't do it? The neighbours gather to lend "helpful" information and it seems they are a little too involved in the comings and goings of the neighbourhood yet no one witnessed anything or heard anything that night. There are a lot of twists and turns in the story and I definitely didn't see the end coming. It was nice to see Kerri and Luke, two flawed and struggling people, build a relationship together and we at the end we feel that they might have a chance to make it work. Great story with well-developed characters and lots of red herrings to keep your attention!
This was the 3rd in the Devlin/Falco suspense series. I’ve read the previous two and while I have enjoyed them all, I think this was my least favorite of the trilogy.

Devlin and Falco are detective partners in Birmingham, AL, and this one begins with them already in a personal relationship (which was a bit jarring as there was mostly just attraction ending the last one). There are multiple mysteries here (arson, murders…both present and past, serial killer), but luckily it wasn’t confusing to follow. There are twists and turns, Falco’s painful past undercover career is explored and resolved, and as it’s the series finale, all is wrapped up nicely by the end.

Overall a good conclusion to an exciting and well-written series.

My sincere thanks to #NetGalley , #ThomasandMercer , and the author for providing me the free early arc for review. The opinions are strictly my own.
Devlin and Falco are investigating a case that involves a home fire that kills a Mother and her child.  The fire was arson.   The detectives keep running into brick walls.  Everyone involved in the case is hiding information.  There is plenty of suspense that will keep you guessing and turning the pages.  This book is part of a series but could be read as a stand alone.  I look forward to the next book in this series. Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
This was my first book to read by this author but I cannot wait to read more! The characters stay with you long after you finish the book. Such a great story and fast read. Highly recommend!!!
Can't Go Back by Debra Webb is the third book in her Devlin and Falco series. This book has a complex storyline that covers Devlin and Falco's investigation into a house fire where a mother and daughter died. The investigation takes Falco back to his undercover days. Devlin and Falco had agreed that the past was the past but in this case the past has come back to haunt Falco. I enjoyed reading this story but it is my least favorite in this series. I did like how well these two main characters work together and I found the end to be satisfying and exciting.
This is the final book for Kerri and Luke and what a way to go out. There's a lot going on here. Including answers about Luke's past. The case they are investigating is full of suspects. The pacing is fast and keeps your interest. There are several twists I didn't see coming. I was left with my mouth hanging open several times. I've grown invested in these characters so I loved the way the author tied everything up and the ending felt perfect. I'm sad to see these guys go but I definitely will be rereading this series in the future.
Wish I could give this book more than 5 stars!!! Fantastic ending to the Devlin/Falco series. You will be on the edge of your seat as you read this mystery/suspense/thriller!!!! The twists and turns will make you want to pull your hair out because you think you have everything figured out and then something else happens and your conclusion is blown apart! Debra Webb does a stupendous job of keeping you intrigued from the beginning until the very last page.

I was given an advanced copy by the author and this is my voluntary, honest review.
Another great read from Debra, this is part 3 of a trilogy ( or maybe more books to follow, I hope so). A real page turner, couldn’t put it down. It’s great to watch the characters unfold during the story and the author keeps you guessing right until the end.
Firstly, thank you to #NetGalley and #Thomas&Mercer for giving me a digital advanced reader's copy of #CantGoBack by #DebraWebb in exchange for a genuine review.

Right, so I guess this is my own fault why I've rated this book a 3/5. I didn't know that this book was the third instalment of a series. That is probably the reason why I felt lost a times because the book didn't really tell me more about each of the character's history. I think I would've had a better experience if I read the first two books first. Even if I had a hard time getting into this book the ending was okay for me. To sum it all up, this was an OK read for me. As per usual, there were quite a few false twists and legit twists as well which kept my interest there that's why I finished this book. I still recommend it to the thriller readers out there but like what I said earlier - best to read the first two in the series.
Sorry, I uploaded the wrong review. I will be uploading this one shortly. I regret any inconvenience.
This book was sent to me by Netgalley for review electronically.  The fire...the dead...the mystery...who did it?  Is the husband and father innocent or guilty?  Why did someone do such horrible things?  Will the police solve the mystery, or will the guilty escape unscathed?  This is a dark intriguing mystery and murder that will stay with the reader for awhile...it is difficult to determine who did what...at first...finally, the story comes together, and the ending is somewhat predictable.  That being said, this author weaves a story that is difficult to put down.  Try this one.
Thank you NetGalley for this ARC of Can't Go Back by Debra Webb
Kerri and Luke are partners and working a crime scene, they are also dating, Luke has quite a past in the undercover police world and his ex-wife left him with their son a long time ago. Kerri was also married and her teen age daughter is away visiting her father
This novel takes us through the investigation of a house fire where a mom and daughter die and the husband/father is found beaten almost to death outside the house. The investigation looks at the father, people he might have been involved with and the mothers of the deceased and her husband who is now in the hospital. Kerri and Luke try and get some insight into things from an undercover cop that Luke used to work with
This novel has a great story line and really has you wondering who did it, there were a few guilty culprits in this novel. I found it jumped around a lot though and I had a hard time keeping the characters straight in the beginning
I would recommend this novel and would read more by this author
The third book in this series featuring Detectives Kerri Devlin and Luke Falco is evidently the final one in a trilogy.  I enjoyed the first two books and looked forward to this one.  A woman and her child are found dead when an arson fire destroys the home; the husband confesses.  Something is off and the evidence doesn't appear to point to him.  The story connects to Luke's dark past as he recognizes the husband as a fellow undercover cop.  Luke has tried to put his past behind him, but the current case leads back to his time in an elite group of undercover cops and some things that many would like to remain forgotten.  I like the characters, and I'm sorry that this is the final book.  read in July

NetGalley/Thomas & Mercer; Mystery; Dec. 14, 2021.
It was good but I enjoyed talking the other two books more. I think the journey of the main characters didn't really work out in the end.
I have voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this title given to me via NetGalley. This book was just amazing. I just lost myself in this story and didn’t want it to end. It was really well written and just drew in you into these characters lives. I look forward to seeing what’s next from this author.
Thank you to Thomas and Merced and NetGalley for this ebook to read.

I found this book really hard to get into and the characters didn’t appeal to me.  After struggling to read it I found out this was the third book in the series which may explain why there was no character backgrounds. I would recommend reading the other two first.  While I didn’t enjoy the majority of the book the ending was great.  There was several twists or red herrings which added to the story but there almost  seemed to be too many.

The story begins with a mother and daughter perishing in a house fire. The two police officers, who are a couple, are tasked with finding the murderer. There is a lot of dipping into the officers past which made it difficult as there was no background on them so I felt lost. Overall it is a good book.
This was a fun read with lots of secrets, red herrings, and twists and turns while developing the great partnership and growing relationship between Kerri and Luke, two Birmingham, AL detectives. Kerri and Luke were wonderful characters and I really enjoyed learning more about them in each book, most especially Luke in this last book.

While not the on-the-edge-of-your-seat action-packed thriller of Trust No One, I would still highly recommend this book.  These were the first books I've read by Debra Webb and I will definitely be on the lookout for others on her backlist.  Thanks to Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for an advance copy!