Cover Image: Hot Little Suppers

Hot Little Suppers

This cookbook is so unique and original. I loved the recipes and different variations. It seems like a fun book to share with readers who love trying new southern recipes.
What a great cookbook! The material is well written and presented in an easy to follow manner. I look forward to trying out several of these recipes.
Such a cute cookbook!  Definitely Southern food, my family doesn’t have its own biscuit recipe but the ones in here sound delicious. I’m going to try them plain and with eggs baked In for something new.
Charming pictures and descriptions. 4 stars.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed as in this review are completely my own.
A really lovely cookbook. If you are someone who loves to cook and entertain and try out something new, this cookbook would likely be really great for you. The recipes are divided up by seasons and include main dishes, sides, drinks, and desserts for every season which I really liked. The photos are crisp and colourful and made the book lovely to flip through.

The book starts out with the author's famous biscuit recipe, and includes several recipes that utilize the biscuit dough in various ways. I found that really interesting. Unfortunately, the biscuits didn't really carry through the rest of the book to the extent that it almost felt like two separate cookbooks. I would have liked to see the biscuit recipes used as part of the meal recipes throughout the book. The biscuits are THE THING that sets this cookbook and author apart from others so I wanted to see them used more.

For me, this cookbook has too many ingredients that my family won't eat or that I can't easily access. The recipes are more complicated than I generally want to go in for on the average weeknight. A few recipes really excited me, but not many. They looked great, and I'd probably really enjoy eating them if someone else prepared them for me 😅

Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for the ARC
I loved the unique layout of this cookbook.  Each recipe was done by season and then categorized by weekday, weekend, and hot little extras such as sides, appetizers, drinks and desserts.  Including some history of the author’s biscuit business gave us some insight into her life, which I really enjoyed.  Another plus for me was the Hot Little Tips with many of the recipes.
I love finding new recipes and meals to try in the house and this book has great ways of thinking out of the box. Like the Biscuits you can transform biscuits many different ways and my new way is going to make biscuits bowls for my biscuits and gravy. I also like that they bring in many different flavors as well like Peruvian style chicken, Thai citrus soy chicken or even the Mexican pork al pastor. I think that is book would be so much better if it had photos for more of the recipes in the book. Eating with our eyes I like known what the food should look like and it is hard when you don't have a ton of pictures in the book.
This cookbook contained lots of recipes but not many that I would be interested in making, with the exception being tomato rice bake with smoked sausage which I’m excited to try. I’m not much of a biscuit fan but if you are, you should check it out. Thanks to NetGalley for the free copy in exchange for my honest review!
This is a great little cookbook that has quite a few recipes that will become quick family favourites. I really enjoyed the images and the way that the book has lots of suggestions and tips for success in the kitchen. This will be one that I will consider adding to my gifting list this year.
I love the layout of this cookbook - by season, but also by weekday, weekend, drinks, extras. It makes it so much more user friendly. The extra tips and tricks and the personality found throughout the cookbook makes it shine. Definitely going to be adding to my shelf and work through these delicious recipes! Thank you to Harper Horizon and NetGalley for the ARC!
I’m always looking for cookbooks and new ideas for family dinners. This book is well done. It is just more prep that I am able to do. Plus, I’m a mom of two picky littles that will likely only eat the plain biscuits that were the first recipe of this book.
I unequivocally loved Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers. Her personable writing and accessible recipes were as delicious as Callie's Hot Little Biscuits themselves. This is a use-it-every-day cookbook that begs to sit on your counter, stained with a little tomato sauce and flour, the corners of your favorite pages turned down.

One of the highlights of Hot Little Suppers for me was the division of the sections by season. Each season was then usefully divided into easier Weeknight Suppers, Weekend Suppers, then Hot Little Extras- sides, appetizers, drinks, and desserts. Helpful icons were also provided to indicate One Pot meals, Crowd Pleasers, etc.

There were also Hot Little Tips with many recipes; these were hints to make your meal better, prepwork easier, leftovers more delicious. And of course, there was a section dedicated solely to biscuits, both plain and 'fancy'.

Hot Little Suppers gets a rare five stars from me. I will absolutely be purchasing a copy for my cookbook collection.
This cookbook has just about every family recipe you can imagine. It starts off with a little history about the author and her biscuit business, which is very interesting. There is also a list of pantry supplies that is helpful for those who want an idea of the basics for many of the recipes. While I did enjoy this book, the layout felt a bit all over the place, as it starts out with quite a few biscuit recipes and then jumps into seasonal cooking. That being said, there are lots of great family recipes included in the book.
A great cookbook filled with variety and some amazing comfort food. It honestly does the heart good to see these recipes and I can’t wait to try them
"Hot Little Suppers" ir organized by season, which I found really helpful. I also like that the cookbook included a recommended grocery list of items to have on hand. The recipes look delicious and I'm excited to try them.
From the very first page the passion that author, Carrie Morey, has for cooking, and the care with which she put together this cookbook are abundantly clear. This is one of the most thoughtfully laid out cookbooks that I have ever encountered and of the dozens of cookbooks I own, this consideration for the home cook is what will have me returning to “Hot Little Suppers” time and again.

We begin this book with the pièce de résistance, the biscuit recipes from Carrie’s restaurant, Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits. We then move on to a carefully curated collection of recipes that are arranged not only by season so that home chefs can take advantage of the freshest ingredients available, but also by “weeknight” and “weekend” designations. This tells the reader that Carrie really understands what it means to be a busy adult who is still in charge of getting dinner on the table. She presents delicious, nutritious and manageable meals that can be prepared on those busy weeknights after long meetings or before soccer practices. She also includes meals that feel a little more decadent and may require a little more decadent for those less hectic weekend meals. The breadth of recipes presented in “Hot Little Suppers” was also impressive. We see everything from Tex-Mex to Indian to Caribbean to Italian before returning to Carrie’s wheelhouse Southern American staples. “Hot Little Suppers” has the variety and the quality needed to keep home cooks returning season after season for new recipes that will quickly become treasured family favorites.
This cookbook has it all! Biscuits galore, soups, salads, comfort foods, drinks and desserts. My favorite-easy fried chicken sammies-yum!
Hot Little Suppers has a combination of recipes, some that I definitely want to try and others that would never fit in my family meal plan. The biscuit recipes sound good and there were a few desserts and dinner recipes I want to try. The layout and pictures a good and overall I enjoyed looking through this cookbook.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for a copy of this cookbook!
I went back and forth on this cookbook.  Some of the recipes were interesting, but some were too far out there to serve for my husband.  This might be a borrow rather than buy cookbook.
I like how she gives tidbits about life at the start of the book. I enjoyed reading the various tips given throughout the book. I chuckled when she explained, “behind,hot behind and knife.” I say behind when I walk behind someone in a store and sometimes they’ll give me the weirdest looks; but I’d rather you know I’m there than to turn around and I’m right on top of you. When I was in culinary school; there were several close calls of people almost getting hit by a hot pan or sheet pan cause they didn’t tell the person holding the pan that they were right behind them. I like that her recipes aren’t all traditional Southern ones.
I thought this was a good cookbook. I liked the set up and how the cookbook was told. I like how in the beginning we learn about what Carrie Morey keeps in her pantry and advice on what to get at the store and store at all times and what equipment to own. I enjoyed looking at the photos and recipes. I even jotted down a few so I can give them a try sometime.