Cover Image: Death at Holly Lodge

Death at Holly Lodge

What a fun, exciting story! I enjoyed the characters and the story line. The story flowed nicely and it had me reading until the end in a day! I highly recommend this book!

Thank you for letting me review this book
This is the 3rd installment in the Daisy Thorne mystery series.  Daisy is getting ready for the Holidays and her Salon (Ooh La La) is so busy but Daisy goes to visit with her friend Floria and her sister Mimi who is a pop star about to start her European Tour but she has recently purchased Holly Lodge and is renovating it when the workman find a dead man dressed as Santa in the fireplace.  Daisy of course immediately calls DCI Inspector Paul McGuinness and asks if she can put together a profile of the killer as she has finished her criminology degree and is qualified to act as a consultant to the police.  Paul agrees and even has her come along when talking to the wife of the victim.  The victim was at the Lodge for 2 years as he disappeared 2 years before on Christmas Eve.  The name of the victim is Tom Pierce and he is an estate agent from the town over and his wife Hannah has remarried his business partner who is the estate agent who sold the property to Mimi.  Paul asks Daisy to not investigate on her own and to keep him posted of everything she might find out thru family and friends and the gossip that happens in her salon.  Daisy has a solid group of friends and she is trying to determine if there is something that can go further with her and Paul.  I like to see how their relationship is growing.  This was a quick read and very entertaining, I could not put it down and finished it one night.  I loved how Daisy keeps her head about her and is so protective of her friends and she kept her promise to Paul by keeping him in the loop.  Loved it.  Fantastic ending.  Can’t wait for the next installment in this series.
Death at Holly Lodge by Louise R. Innes is the 3rd book in the Daisy Thorne Mystery series, and another fun addition. Daisy Thorne is a hair dresser who owns Ooh La La salon in the village of Edgemead in Surrey, England. This book is Christmas themed.  When a body is found in Holly Lodge, which is being renavated the mystery begins.  Once I started this book I could not stop reading it. It was a quick read that kept me guessing. I look forward to the next book in the series. I recommend this book for all cozy mystery book lovers, you will not be disappointed.
This was such a fun Christmas mystery. The pacing is done well, and I loved the mystery. The characters are endearing. Highly recommend!
Daisy Thorne, owner of Ooh La La salon in the small town of Edgemead, Surrey, England, is preparing for the holidays along with everyone else.  But with her salon booked up completely until they close for Christmas, she's finding it hard to make time for herself.  But one day she decides to visit Holly Lodge with her best friend Floria, whose sister, pop star Mimi Fallon, has bought the place and plans to renovate.

While the workers are busy, the three women sit in the kitchen -- or what's left of it, currently -- as the old Georgian has sat empty for several years.  But then a body is discovered in the chimney, and the man is dressed like Santa Claus.  While the women are stunned, after DCI Paul McGuinness arrives, Daisy perks up and sets her sights on profiling the killer.  While McGuinness doesn't seem to want her help, she knows he needs it since she has local contacts and he doesn't; and when it's found out that the man was a local named Tim Pierce, Daisy sets to work questioning her clients.  Soon more information comes forth, and there's a real mystery as to what actually happened to him.  With a few different stories drifting about, Daisy will have to decide who's telling the truth and who isn't -- even if it puts her in arms' length of a killer...

This is the third book in the series and I have read them all.  I must say that this book, like the others, flows easily with crisp writing and lovely descriptions of what is happening around the characters.  One can get a feel for actually being in Edgemead, (although I don't know about all the snow!); and we watch as Daisy puts her wits to use in figuring out who the culprit might be.  Along with this, we have McGuinness, who at times seems frustrated with Daisy and at others grateful for her help, as he himself has to put the evidence together and cannot go with his gut feeling.  It makes for a wonderful pair of characters who, in their own ways, depend upon one another to solve the case.

We also have the secondary story of Daisy wondering where, if anything, her budding relationship with McGuinness is going.  She reasons that they both have jobs they love and are important to them, but on the other hand, Daisy is wanting to have a real relationship.  She juggles her emotions with her instincts, and we can see that it isn't easy for her to do when it comes to herself.

But then another event occurs and the stakes are suddenly raised to find the killer and fast.  When Daisy finally figures it out, it comes as almost a surprise and the reasoning behind it, much like most murderers, lets us know that unhinged minds are capable of anything.  Then we have the lovely epilogue of Christmas day, and it makes one long for the holidays so we can celebrate ourselves.

Ms. Innes tells a wonderful tale, and I am glad that I have had the opportunity to read her books, and I await the next in the series eagerly.  Highly recommended.
Great holiday book with a murderous flair.  I enjoyed this light hearted book.  It was a great escape from the gruesome murder books and a great way to dip your toes into the holiday spirit.
A perfect Holiday cozy mystery ! This is a great introduction to holiday reading. Thank you to the publisher and to Net Galley for the opportunity. My review opinions are my own.  This is a favorite series of mine and this holiday release is a fun read.  This is the 3rd release in this well crafted enjoyable series.

Beauty shop owner, Daisy Thorne is ready to  enjoy the Christmas season in  Edgemead, England.  The village is in the throes of decorating and planning with the local business owners.  One of Daisy’s dear friends, a  pop star Mimi Levanté,  is in the process of  remodeling a old mansion she  bought.   The workmen find a corpse dressed as Father Christmas in a chimney.   Daisy  is a savvy smart investigator and offers the local police her assistance .  When the clues and suspects start adding up to motive and opportunity Daisy may be danger.

I loved this Christmas theme mystery and look forward to the next in series. The writing is smart dan the sleuth keep me guessing to conclusion  Very well done to the author.
Death at Holly Lodge is the perfect holiday themed cozy mystery for lovers of the genre.

It's Christmas season and Daisy Thorne is happy to have her best friend Floria and her sisters in town to enjoy the season - have parties and seasonal dinners, visit the Christmas markets and just simply enjoy the season together. Unfortunately, a body is discovered at Holly Lodge during ongoing renovations - Santa was stuck in the chimney, no less. That terrible discovery leads to an investigation, lead by recurring character and swoony love interest DCI Paul McGuiness, with Daisy assisting as much as possible. I like the fact that Daisy got a certification in criminology/ profiling to make it believable for her to be helping the police (as opposed to quite a few of the amateur sleuths aiding bumbling detectives in the cozy mystery genre); she can now be an official consultant.
I loved revisiting Edgmead in this third installment in the Daisy Thorne series, there are lovely characters, an exciting well constructed plot, twists and red herrings and some holiday cheer, it was a fabulous pick me up read at the end of a long work day - I loved diving back in with my trusty cast of characters and getting a seasonal head start alongside them
Ooh La La hair salon owner Daisy Thorne adores the Christmas cheer in her picturesque hometown of Edgemead. Excitement is extra high this year, as international pop star, Mimi Levanté , the village’s newest resident, begins renovating historic Holly Lodge. But the charming country home’s makeover is cut short by a shocking discovery—the body of a man, dressed as Santa Claus, jammed inside the house’s chimney! The body is identified as Tom Pierce, a local estate agent who vanished on Christmas Eve two years ago. As the case moves from missing to murder, Daisy and DCI Paul McGuinness work together looking for evidence. Then ayoung woman is killed at the Christmas Market.
The third outing for Daisy, it’s easily read on its own but as I must read a series from the beginning I’d recommend doing so because as well as getting to know Daisy, her staff & friends there’s also her relationship with Paul which seems to take two steps forward & then three back – definitely two forward in this book! There are twists & turns as well as surprises. Secrets are revealed & not everyone is as they seem. A very well written, engrossing cosy mystery which I thoroughly enjoyed
My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read
This is a very entertaining series!  I love Daisy and all of her friends.  They are super supportive and lots of fun.  This time Daisy is on hand when workers find Santa up the chimney.  Since she's completed her requirements to consult with the police she actually gets to help legitimately this time!  Lots of twists and turns and a few frightening moments make for a really good read!
I am enjoying this fun series, set in Edgemead in the UK, not far from London. It is Christmas time and the village is in festive mode and spirits. Daisy Thorne owns a village hair salon, Ooh La La, where they are busy with clients getting ready for Christmas. Daisy is interested in criminology and in fact, she has now finished her profile class. Mimi, pop star and sister of her best friend, Florida, has purchased on old lovely estate, Holly Lodge, in the area. While Daisy, Mimi, and Florida are at the house looking around, the renovators discover the body of a man dressed as Santa in the chimney. His body falls out when they are clearing boards and debris out. Daisy calls her hunky friend Detective Chief Inspector Paul McGuinness when the discovery is made. This time Paul lets Daisy help him out a little with profiling and consulting on the case. This is a fun mystery to unravel as they follow the clues and Paul is impressed with Daisy's input. The the ending has some surprises, including a surprise killer. Lots of fun to read with a holiday air, lots of snow, great characters and a fun plot.
I was received a complimentary copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are mine only.
This was such a perfect Christmas mystery and even though I've never been to England, I could still picture the little town businesses all decorated and getting ready for the Christmas Market. I loved that Daisy and DCI McGuiness aka Paul were getting closer and closer in their personal relationship. He got a lot less mad when she'd go ahead and do something, and she knew to just 'fess up and tell him what she did while pointing out the good that came of it. They're taking it slowly which is alway s a good sign.

The showdown was a good one, and I hadn't figured out whodunit, so I just went along with whatever Daisy thought. It took several people to take down this perp, and fortunately Daisy was trained well enough now that she'd called the police before going to where she was going. There was a good surprise toward the end which wrapped up the whole case. Looks like Daisy and Paul were going to have a Merry Christmas after all! This book releases September 28, 2021.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by Kensington Publishing via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.
I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley

OMG I love this book. The setting was so amazing and so detailed you can tell that the writer put in a lot of work and effort the characters were also very distinguished.
Christmas Cheer Abounds…
The third in the Daisy Thorn series of cosy mysteries featuring hairdresser and now sometime amateur sleuth, Daisy. Christmas cheer abounds in picturesque Edgemead but it’s another hair raising situation for our protagonist when the body of a man is discovered dressed as Santa Claus. Can she help find a killer this time? An enjoyable and entertaining romp with a likeable and fun protagonist in Daisy and a colourful cast of supporting characters. Escapist, relaxing reading and a fitting addition to the series.
Through NetGalley, I received a free copy of DEATH AT HOLLY LODGE (Book 3 of the Daisy Thorne Mysteries), by Louise R. Innes, in exchange for an honest review.  Ooh La La beauty shop owner, Daisy Thorne is enjoying the Christmas season in her hometown of Edgemead, England.  One of Daisy’s dear friends, international pop star Mimi Levanté, has recently purchased a derelict estate and is in the process of extensive remodeling.  During a visit with Mimi at Holly Lodge, the workmen find a corpse dressed as Father Christmas lodged in a chimney.  As Daisy is now a qualified investigator, she offers her assistance to DCI Paul McGuinness in identifying the victim and the killer.  However, having gotten away with murder for so long, the killer is determined to thwart the investigation.  Will DCI McGuinness and Daisy capture the murderer before he or she goes on another slay-ride?

I liked this book.  I recommend this book to fans of the series and to fans of cozy mysteries featuring murder, home renovation, Christmas, and small towns.

#DeathatHollyLodge #NetGalley
I enjoy the characters.. I like the fact the MC got a certification to make it believable for her to be helping the police. The English countryside/town setting is nice and seems like a nice place to visit. The mystery was well done and I wasn't expecting the ending.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Well, that was one Santa that didn't make it down the chimney!  It's Christmas, the village of Edgemead is abuzz about the holidays and the renovation that Mimi is undertaking,  Daisy's busy at the Ooh La La salon but not so busy that she can't help DCI Paul McGuinnis sort out what happened to Geoffrey, who has been missing for two years.  Cozy readers know that he wasn't always nice guy and that some danger will threaten Daisy before the villain is revealed.  This is a fun series (and this latest is fine as a standalone) because of the characters (I adore Daisy) and the setting.  Innes adds a nice sense of humor to the story and the dialogue is snappy.  Thanks to netgalley for the ARC.  A fun read for genre fans.
Beauty salon owner Daisy Thorne is also a police consultant . When  Father Christmas is discovered, stuffed up a

chimney,.lovely Holly Lodge becomes a crime scene., Many questions are asked.. However, two years have

passed since the murder and nothing is clear.

DCI McGuinness allows Daisy to assist him in his investigation, but. is not forthcoming in the romantic

department,  With colourful suspects, shocking clues and  red herrings, this cosy whodunnit is a charming

Christmassy read.
I struggled mightily to finish this book-  I found the writing very stilted and the storyline was in no way interesting.
I received an ARC of this book.  A new adventure for Daisy Thorne and her friends.   Intriguing cozy mystery with lots of surprises.  This is part of a series that I really enjoy but this book can be read as a stand-alone.