Cover Image: Microbiome Thyroid

Microbiome Thyroid

A decent book. After being diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism almost a decade ago I have been treating my symptoms with anti-thyroid meds. I knew when I had done a Whole 30 detox in the past how much better I felt and I knew changing my diet would help with my symptoms. This book essentially reiterated that and I am making changes to my lifestyle in order to help my thyroid and gut health. This is a great book for folks looking to get more info on gut health and help with their thyroid troubles.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Awful. Bad medical advice bordering on dangerous. Awful. Stay away from this book. Awful awful awful
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a fantastic book that is full of really helpful information. I've had a thyroid problem for years and have read many books on the subject, but this book still provided new information that I haven't come across before.
This is an excellent resource to have if you think that you are having Thyroid issues of any kind.  It is full of critical information that shows how your gut (and what goes in your gut) can effect everything that goes wrong and right in your body.

This book should be used as a starting point to discuss your health with your doctor!

Many thanks to Netgalley and Hachette Books for this advanced readers copy.  This book is set to release December 21, 2021.
As someone who struggles with undiagnosed thyroid issues, I appreciated that this book showed up when I needed it! There was a ton of great information, tons of great recipes to try, and most importantly, hope that one day, with a lot of work on my part, I may feel better again! Highly recommend this book to anyone who has any kind of thyroid issue!

I love Dr. Raphael Kellman’s Microbiome Thyroid Restore Your Gut and Heal Your Hidden Thyroid Disease! This book, full of expert advice, recipes, strategies, and explanations, is a wonderful resource that I plan on returning to again and again to help me with my own health journey. Thank you Dr. Raphael Kellman for writing this book and to Hachette Books for publishing it!
Very helpful if you have a thyroid issue or are a doctor who wants to learn more. Reading a book like this can be dangerous if you don't have an issue or are a hypochondriac. You should not self-diagnose bc you have gained weight or have other issues. Read this and talk with your doctor.
This was an excellent book. I currently have Hashimoto's and am not happy with the treatment being provided by the traditional medical system.  I followed an autoimmune diet for a while which helped to a point but did not clear up all my symptoms. I had to have a surgery to remove screws from a previously broken ankle. While recovering from surgery I had to depend on what my husband was making for me. I know my diet deteriorated and I was eating too many carbs and sugars.. i needed this book to give me a fresh look on what i should be doing. i will ask my doctor for some of the recommended tests.

My only regret is i wish i would already have the paper copy of this book. i will purchase this book when it is available.
I love this book. Having recently been diagnosed with Hashimotos, I knew this book would speak to me. What I like best about the book is the 30 day plan with a feasible way of incorporating all the thyroid friendly foods. usually you have a big list.. but having interesting recipes and day wise plan makes it easy. Theres a detail about NTIS - Non thyroid Illness syndrome, which I havent heard of before. Many more details about microbiome health and how to cure thyroid with a good gut. Recntly I heard dave asprey takes glutathione injections. You will find out which foods contain that. Lots of info on the symptoms and case studies of people with different types of thyroid dysfunctions.
This is a fantastic resource and valuable book. It is full of easy to implement ideas and strategies to love a healthy life with a thyroid disorder. This is one I’ll return to again and again.
A fascinating book with interesting medical facts and many helpful pointers for how to improve and restore your health. The recipes looked delicious. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.
Some helpful information since I've been dealing with thyroid issues that I dont think have been properly treated or diagnosed... So many people I know have thyroid issues and they are merely treated with a pill and nothing else. Thanks for the info
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange for an honest review.

Great read, I learned a lot.
Anxious for answers and extra time on a long weekend meant that I devoured this book in one sitting! I’ve noted several places I need to go back and re-read as well as flagged the recipe section so that I can go back and stock up on ingredients, but the initial read through was a positive experience. I downloaded it onto my laptop instead of on my Kindle and loved it. I have a shelf of books about thyroiditis and Hashimotos since my diagnosis 2 years ago, and this is one I can stand behind and easily recommend.

Dr. Raphael Kellman has prepared a well-written resource for everyone with thyroid issues – from the newly diagnosed to those who’ve tried other approaches and plateaued or were unsuccessful. He helps readers find answers to reclaim health. The main focus of this book is microbiome medicine and how he uses it as a holistic approach to healing and restoring the missing link in thyroid care. For those diagnosed with hypothyroidism, this book is for us. Dr. Kellman takes the time to discuss what’s really going on with our thyroid and empowers us to take charge of our health.

I was completely unaware of the gut-thyroid connection and possible causes of my thyroid illness. I blindly accepted my diagnosis and began prescribed medication after my blood panel. Dr. Kellman provides a list of additional tests to press for when visiting a medical practitioner. He also explains what they are, why they are important and what levels to aim for in achieving optimum health. He clearly explains what dysbiosis is, the major issues it can cause and the importance of achieving a balance. The summary boxes and case study examples will help readers learn and apply. The diagrams are spectacular as are the definitions. The teacher in me was happy!

Armed with a checklist of things to work on (mainly reducing my exposure to endocrine disrupters and environmental toxins and eliminating caffeine/dairy), a clear 4P protocol to follow for the next 30 days and exciting recipes to support my nutritional changes, I feel empowered to take charge of my health.

Publishes December 21, 2021

I was gifted this advance copy by Dr. Raphael Kellman, Hachette Books and NetGalley and was under no obligation to provide a review.