Cover Image: Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead

Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead

Such a fun sequel! I loved getting back into the Finlay universe. My book club also enjoyed discussing this one and Finlays antics!
I started this one and I had a hard time getting into the book. It just wasn't grabbing me at the time, so I did not finish... I appreciate the consideration!
I'm sure it was hard for Cosimano to write the follow up to such a strong debut (Finlay Donovan is Killing it), but she comes darn close with her second book in the Finlay Donovan series.

This time around, Finlay and Vero are trying to figure out who wants Finlay's ex-husband Steven dead. Finlay is once again working on deadline to finish her next book, caught in a love triangle between the Nick and Julian, not to mention getting in deeper with the Russian mob.

Cosimano is not at all stingy with content, it's one thing after another...and of course most of it is over-the-top and far-fetched, but it's just so much fun to read. I'm already looking forward to what comes next in this series!

Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced reading copy.
I’ve accepted that the cozy chaotic mystery is not my jam…I tried, I really tried but I need to stick in my own lane in future.

I did enjoy the second installment, like the first it was outrageously unrealistic and you end up just going with it most of the time. There was so great witty dialogue and shenanigans of Finlay & Vero. I can say that most of the time the plot/events fell short and a bit convoluted but I think this is more my own hyper-rational mind. But overall this is a super quick read and you are engaged the whole time.

Thank you to St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley for access to this ARC!
Really liked the second installment of this series!! Again, it’s pretty unrealistic but just go with it and you’ll probably enjoy it. Can’t wait for the next!
Findlay Donovan Knocks ‘em dead by Elle Cosimano

I enjoyed reading this book.  Great plot, good wit, and many schemes going on.  It was delightful, right to the end.  I recommend this book.

Thanks to Net Galley for sending me an advanced reader’s copy for my review.
This is the second book in the Finlay Donovan series, and it is just as fun and funny as the first!

We meet back with Finlay, Vero, and the kids days after the end of the first novel. Finlay is still trying to write her next book pitch, juggle her family obligations, and --oh yeah-- figure out who put out a hit on her ex-husband! She once again gets sucked into the world of contract killers, and the plots of her books are just as outrageous as the shenanigans of her life.

If you are into cozy mysteries, I think this series will fit the bill. I recommend for fans of Asenic and Adobo and Dial A for Aunties, and for those who love books about writing books!
Thank you so much for the opportunity to read this book! I enjoyed this one so much and thought it was really nicely written and loved it as much as I loved her first one. I could not put it down and I pretty much read it in in sitting! Cannot wait to read her next one!
This book was great. I love the follow up to the first, even if I didn't love it as much as the first. There's just something about meeting a character for the first time that the sequels can never live up to. Love Finlay and Vero's relationship and there is never a dull chapter throughout the book. Can't wait for book 3!
Once again, Finlay Donovan has delivered a fast paced, action packed, hilarious story. Absolutely love this character and the haphazard way she successfully navigates murder, the dark web, and mob bosses.

Sincere thanks to NetGalley and Minotaur books for an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book bored me. I barely laughed. The whole story felt flat especially compared to the first book.

Instead of this being a new story, it was just a continuation of the first. So to me most of it felt forced and convoluted.

Vero annoyed me. I didn’t like Finlay juggling two guys plus fighting with her ex.

And most of this plot only happened because of two cops who couldn’t keep their traps closed about their current case.

Also, why are three women after one guy? Who is constantly cheating on everyone. Didn’t care for that either. And for how it portrayed women.
I  absolutely OBSESSED with Finlay Donovan!! I knew I would be, but gosh- this series just gets better and better with each book!
Suspend disbelief for a little while and allow Finlay and Vero to take you on a hilarious ride full of twists and turns, you won’t regret it!
Finlay Donovan is so good! I could not wait to read this book.
It has humor, drama , and mystery. Finlay always seems to
find herself in a tight spot, and following how she gets herself
out is a fantastic journey.  Thanks  Minotaur Books and Netgalley
for the advance E copy!
This was a great 2nd book in the series. I found it entertaining and Exciting. I would highly recommend the series to everyone! Thank you netgalley for the ARC!!
Finlay Donovan Knocks Em Dead by Elle Cosimano is a great story of how a mother will go to all links to protect her children and ex-husband. Great Read.
This series is absolutely a ton of fun. The storylines require a great deal of suspension of belief but this one is a quick read with characters that I adore. I already can't wait for the next book. Also, someone please adapt this for the screen.
Thank you to the publisher for my copy - all opinions are my own.

I just LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH.  Honestly, considering I tend to track more towards dark totally grimy and gritty murder thrillers, the sheer joy I get out of this series is mind boggling.  There is just something so refreshing and relatable about Finlay as a character - a woman who is just figuring her life out and most certainly not in a polished and unattainable way.  I can not get enough reading about her and the increasingly insane scenarios she finds herself in.

The second book in this series captures just as much of the fun, charm and humor as the first book and was just as devourable.  I didn't set this one down, and I honestly cannot think of another series that I would recommend more.  There is something in this series for basically any reader.

A total must have.
It's hard to find a second book in a series that hits as good as the first, but Elle Cosimano does just that with FINLAY DONOVAN KNOCKS 'EM DEAD! I can't wait for more Finlay - she feels like a friend :)
Just like the first title in the series, Finley Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead was entertaining, fast-paced, and kept me guessing what the next page would have in store. I enjoyed getting to know the characters a bit more, as well as witness the development and evolution of Finley's love life. The logistician in me still finds it difficult to suspend *all* disbelief in some of the plot points but nevertheless, I kept coming back for more. With that being said, I'm looking forward to the third book coming out later this year!

Also, rumor on the street is that I. Marlene King (the brainchild behind the Pretty Little Liars adaptation) will be turning this series into a show?! You know I'll be watching that.

Thank you to NetGalley and Minotaur Books for the advanced reader copy!
Entertaining and highly unlikely is how I'd describe the Finlay Donovan series. They remind me of a mom version of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich that I used to read way way prior to Bookstagram. The audio on this one was pretty good, too.