Cover Image: Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead

Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead

FD is back at it again! Shenanigans galore. I will say the first part of it seems a bit slow, but then about half way through everything kicks off.

It is such a fun series. I am definitely looking forward to the next one.
Just as satisfying and fun as the first, Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead is a great read!!

Once again Finlay is approaching the deadline for her next novel when her life gets "complicated." This time Finlay  and her feisty sidekick/partner/nanny, Vero, discover that someone wants her ex-husband, Steven, dead. As they try to uncover the identity of this person, they, once again get in way over their heads. The two find themselves tangled up with the Russian Mafia and are desperately trying to keep the charismatic Detective Nick off their trail.  This leads to many close calls, surprises and laugh out loud moments throughout. The cast of characters are another reason why this story works so well.

I loved Finlay Donovan is Killing It and had high expectations for this new book. It did not disappoint!! These books are such a breath of fresh air. I cannot wait to see what is in store for Finlay and Vero in the next book.

Thank you to NetGalley for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
#NetGalley #ElleCosimano #FinlayDonovanKnocks"EmDead
Finlay Donovan is back and better than ever!
Another fun, smart and twisty read from Cosimano! Finlay is struggling to finish her next book, keep her head afloat as a single mom, and oh not to mention- stop someone from murdering her ex-husband. I love this series and would keep reading about Findlay's adventures for years. The writing style made this book hard to put down, and I couldn't wait to see what happened! Definitely would recommend this one.
I absolutely adored the first book in this series and it made my top 10 I read in 2021. Though the characters were lovable and the pace was just as quick, I found myself a bit confused with some of the events and I didn’t love it quite as much. I would definitely read the sequel though.
3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

Finlay Donovan is back and her life's still a hot mess! She's struggling  with being a single mom, sorting out her love life, and writing her overdue next novel when she discovers there's a hitman after her ex-husband. She and her nanny, Vero, are determined to foil the hit and that leads them from one zany plot development to another.

This is is the second in the Finlay Donovan series and is a continuation of the plot in Finlay Donovan is Killing It so they should be read in order. I didn't think it was quite as funny as the first but still enjoyable and it ends with a hint that there'll be a third in the series which I'll definitely read.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a digital ARC.
I absolutely loved the first book in This series so had been eagerly awaiting this book.

I enjoyed how quick it was to get into, the pacing and how the storyline the main character was writing make a joke of the book but this one was just too far fetched even for me.
Unfortunately, this series is not for me.

The titular character is hard to love and still a hot mess who struggles to perform basic responsibilities such as meeting deadlines and being on time, despite being a mother in her 30s. Even Vero didn't shine this time.

The story was hard to get into and got increasingly convoluted. It's basically a continuation of the storyline in the first book, with the same recurring characters, so you will definitely need to read in order. The last few chapters were better and had a nice reveal that I didn't see coming. I also liked the epilogue.

On a whole, it wasn't that funny, suspenseful or enjoyable. Feels like more of the same but less original and refreshing.
Admittedly, I’m not a series reader. It’s not for lack of trying.  I’ve just never started a series and fell so in love with the character that I immediately knew I wanted to read all the books with her in it. That changed with Finlay Donovan. Throughout Finlay Donovan is Killing It, I kept hoping that there would be a continuation to the story. Needless to say, I was elated to find out there would be a second.  I hoped the second could live up to the first, so that I could finally find a series to love.  Finlay Donovan Knocks Em Dead was exactly what I was hoping for. So much so, I read it in one sitting.  Cosimano’s characters are extremely lovable.  At times, the plot is unbelievable and over the top, which absolutely adds to the comedic value of the story.  Finlay Donovan Knocks Em Dead was the same as the Finlay Donovan is Killing It, ONLY in that I still found myself rooting for a continuation.  I have hope that a third novel is coming and I’ll be first in line to order & recommend it!

Thank you to Netgalley & St. Martin’s Press for an advanced reader’s copy in exchange for my honest review.
My gals Finley and Vero do it again!

This book was wild, a bit all over the place, and I got a little confused at times, but I DON’T CARE!! These books make me smile so big - in a murder for hire kind of way.

This a true sequel to Finlay Donovan is Killing It and picks up right where that one left off (so basically you really need to read the first one first). If you enjoyed the first, you will enjoy this one too!! I was lucky enough to have the audiobook and the ebook, so I flew through this one in about a day. I definitely don’t think their story is over!

This book has it all:
Mystery
Romance
Laughter
Cute kids
Behind the scenes book biz
…and most importantly, the funniest nanny/accountant ever!

I can't wait for more!
The girl team is back, Yay. The fun and craziness is also back by the heap loads. Finlay and her nanny cum accountant, Vero, do not follow any set of rules that are grounded in the “normal world” so how could anything be even close to pale and boring?! Still silly, still hilarious, Ellen Cosimano blends just the right amount of “what would you did if someone was a trying to kill your ex-husband and father of your children, as you are messing around with a younger law school guy who is meeting your sexual needs, and while being being romanced by a gorgeous cop who might have an inkling of the trouble you are almost in, and trying to balance a sister who is a cop and a Mother would would like you to get more involved with the gorgeous cop and less involved with the ex-husband while the ex-husband refuses to believe that he is in danger and only wants to call his lawyer to keep threatening more court action to gain greater custody of the children. Phew. Finley is up to her neck in all sorts of nonsense not the least is trying to uncover the would be assassin of her husband before he is actually killed.
There, I think that about sums it up except for the constant grin and laughter for over 350 pages.

Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press/ Minotaur Books for a copy.
Finlay and Vero are back, and they're once again juggling family, men, writers block, questionable decisions and murder for hire.

The first book in the Finlay Donovan series, Finlay Donovan is Killing It, was one my favorite reads of 2021, and I anxiously awaited the sequel. It did not disappoint.

Elle Cosimano provides readers with a thrilling but comedic story, littered with strong female characters, romance and a lot of shenanigans. I had an absolute blast reading this book.

As is often true, the second book wasn't as great as the first, but honestly, it had pretty big shoes to fill.

I only have one minor criticism — several of Finlay and Vero's messes are cleaned up a little too easily. But, suspend disbelief and you're in for a funny, smart and twisty story that's nearly impossible to put down.

Much like the first book, Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead ends on a cliffhanger, which means I'm (im)patiently waiting for the next installment. What can I say? Elle's got me hooked.

Thanks to Net Galley, St. Martin's Press and Minotaur Books for the advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
Elle Cosimano has written a fantastic sequel to Finlay Donovan Is Killing It. When we left Finlay in the last book, she had successfully escaped detection after accidentally killing a man, but there are still those out there who believe she is a contract killer, rather than a writer. And she had found a listing on a mom's website looking for someone to kill her ex-husband.

Finlay's ex husband Steven is still plaguing her life, but that doesn't mean she wants him dead. Finlay and her housemate/nanny Vero are trying to figure out who placed the listing, and just as importantly, who has responded that he/she will take him out before the end of the year.

She also has a book due, and hasn't even begun writing it, Vero is acting strangely, and her boyfriend Julian has disappeared on a vacation with his friends. Police officer Nick is still around, offering to help her with whatever she needs, but how would he react if he knew what had really happened last month?

This book made me laugh over and over. Being a mom, I remember all of the stresses of raising young children and trying to work at the same time. Of course, I wasn't also trying to figure out who wants to kill my children's father at the same time!

This was a fantastic, fun story and I'm excited to see what Finlay does next! Thanks to Netgalley for the advance copy!
All the fun and excitement of the previous book. I found the plot itself a little less interesting and slower paced than the previous installment. I’m still not super solid on the romance aspects though. However as always I’m hyped to read what Finlay Donovan does next because it’s sure to be a great time.
This second book in the series was a bit of a mess in my opinion.  Too many hands in the pot and not enough laughter and freshness that we had in book one.  My attention started to fade at 40% and I just forced myself to finish.

I think I’ll be skipping the next installment.
Thank you for @netgalley and St Martin’s Press for an advanced reader’s copy.

This is the second book in the Finlay Donovan mystery series, where Finlay is cleaning up a much bigger mess than before. Finlay comes across a women's forum and discovers an advertisement bad-mouthing her ex-husband. Finlay decodes the advertisement as a secret message to murder Stephen, and someone takes the job. Despite Stephen being a horrible husband, he is a great father to their children, and she does not want the children to live without him.

As the story continues, Finlay gets together with her nanny, Vero, and it is up to them to figure out who wants Stephen dead. The Russian mob? Stephen’s business partners? Stephen’s ex-fiancé? In addition to all the madness, Vero is acting strange/mysterious, and the crazed loved triangle with the hot lawyer and dreamy detective.

If you want my honest opinion, I truly believe that this book is far better than the first and that rarely happens. There are many twists and many discoveries in this sequel. Not to mention, I absolutely loved the comedy in this book. If you are having a stressful day definitely pick up a Finlay Donovan book. I guarantee that once you finish you will have a smile on your face.
Finlay Donovan is up to no good again with the help of Vero!

This story is full of twists and turns, constantly keeping me guessing. I love how the author intertwines the mystery with the comedy. I could help but laugh my way through this story.

I really enjoyed the first Finlay Donovan book, but I loved this one even more. But that ending, that ending really got me!

Thank you NetGalley and Minotaur Books for an advance copy of this book. This is my honest voluntary review.
A follow-up novel to the hilarious Finlay Donovan is Killing It, and I was really looking forward to read what kind of shenanigans Finlay and Vero were going to get themselves into next. Finlay continues to balance work, dating, and her children but when someone wants her ex-husband Steve dead, they try to track down who has a hit for him.

The sequel did not disappoint, with laugh out loud, outrageous moments, but I agree with my pal and reading buddy @mybooksandkidsbooks that the ending could have been so much more. Both of us managed to read this in a quick 2-3 days which is always a sign of a good book.

I am definitely looking forward to book 3!
I got to 52% in this book and had to quit.  I just couldn’t suspend relief enough to enjoy this book.  First, Finlay is such a hot mess in real life there is no way she could be this sauve in one area of her life.  Two, why does she trust Vero so much after one month.  And three, way too much of the plot relied on coincidences (Nick and Cam meeting up with Finlay there).  I know I’m in the minority here but this book just isn’t for me.
Elle Cosimano is the author of the best-selling book "Finlay Donovan is Killing It." Now she returns with the second novel in this series, "Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead." In this newest novel, Finlay joins a local online forum and discovers that someone is conspiring to kill her husband. In her efforts to uncover the culprit, she gets herself and her best friend, Vero, in many precarious and dangerous situations. Just as in the first book, there is still a love triangle between Finlay, the hot detective, and her younger boyfriend.

This book was fun, but very unrealistic. Perhaps the over-the-top circumstances are what draw people to these books? I enjoyed it, but couldn't overlook some of the things that happened in the storyline. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the online culprit at the end. Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own.
🍷 She’s baa-aaack!

⚠️ For those that don’t know, this is the 2nd book in the series. Book #1 is Finlay Donovan is Killing It and I do recommend you read that one before diving into this one. Quick backstory from Book 1: Our leading lady is Finlay, a hot mess of a momma who is a writer that was mistaken for a hit woman and hilarious hi jinx ensued.

📇 Anyways, I wasn’t sure how this one was going to go. The first book left it open for another one but sequels can be hit or miss but … thankfully this one is a hit! Finlay is dealing with the fallout and is still tangled up with the Russian crime syndicate.

On one hand, Finlay is extremely relatable as a mom just trying to keep it together. On the other hand, while her over the top mom turned novice crime solving antics aren’t relatable, it’s all done in a way that is somewhat believable. IF a mom really did find herself in this situation, this is exactly how I imagine it would go down- Juggling mom life in between stakeouts.

I loved that the ending had a couple surprises. I totally didn’t guess who was behind the hit on Steven. I’m always impressed when a book can keep me guessing.

Plus- the love triangle, while extremely frustrating, provides an additional story line I can’t get enough of. Team Nick all the way!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 / 5
Takeaway: a hilarious, fun book that has it all: suspense, twists and a love triangle.