Cover Image: Goodbye Again

Goodbye Again

The story
Three best friends, Liddy, Maggie and Emma are now in their early sixties, and all back together in their childhood home of Wyndham Beach. Liddy’s daughter Jess committed suicide three years ago and a year later her husband Jim walked out on her with no explanation. Now Liddy has bought the old bookstore in town and is bringing it back to life. Maggie’s recently divorced daughter Grace is helping Liddy and the two become close. As the bookstore is being fixed up, Liddy becomes closer to her friend and contractor Tuck, but when Jim starts showing interest again, what choice will Liddy make?

My thoughts
I really enjoy books in the woman’s fiction genre, and this story has charm and detail in spades. I loved the close relationship that Liddy has with her friends and the no-nonsense approach to live that she now has. She has taken her fair share of life’s knocks and sadnesses, but she puts on her big girl panties every day and shows up for her community and her loved ones. I enjoyed how the chapters are interspersed with Grace’s equally kind and gentle POV. Loved this story and have added book one in the series to my Kindle’s TBR. ❤️
Goodbye Again is a wonderful and heartfelt story of love and loss, and being able to move on. Liddy redefines her life after divorce - she buys a bookstore, recreating her own life and giving opportunities to others for their own second chances. Liddy and her friends open their hearts to new possibilities, trying to find ways to overcome heartache, and moving forward. The definition of family takes on new meaning, the bonds of friendship offer support, and new love beckons. The story is heartwarming, emotional, and captivating. I loved it and look forward to the next book!
This was a slow paced novel. The story is about romance between aged individuals which is new for me. The romance was sweetly written. There was a side younger romance too developing. Though the story doesn't touch the heart much. Thus would give it 3 stars.
This story flowed at a pace that was calming, thoughtful, and relaxing.  I know reading about what the book is about you would never think that. Liddy finds herself at a place she never dreamed of being. Her daughter had committed suicide and her husband walked out on her.  She has choices of how she is going to handle this, and she starts to make choices and rebuild her life.
She learns a lot about herself, and the friends and neighbors in the community also have choices to make.  Each one has an impact on their lives, sometimes someone else's life, but we see what happens. The story, for me, is a reminder about choices, the choices we make, and when something isn't right, you can make a different choice, to get where you need to be in life. It is a story of people's lives and everything that happens, but they build on what their lives really are, and that is what I liked.
I received an ARC from Montlake through NetGalley.
While reading Goodbye Again I felt like I was part of the group of Liddy, Maggie, and Emma.  Mariah Stewart does an excellent job of making the reader feel right there.
This book was fair. It held my interest to a certain extent. it was a bit repetitive in places. I did skip over a few parts, however.
Liddy Bryant was devastated when her daughter Jessica unexpectedly committed suicide, and a year later her husband of forty years leaves her. Without the support of her best friends Maggie and Emma, Liddy doubts she would have found the strength to keep going and now she’s ready to start a new chapter in her life. Liddy’s decided to buy the rundown bookstore in her hometown of Wyndham Beach, and it needs a lot of work. Liddy completely transforms the shop from top to bottom, with help from her friends Maggie, Emma, Grace and builder Tuck Shelby.

Liddy’s rather nervous the day Wyndham Beach Reads opens, she has so many things she wants to try and other plans. She’s still unsure if she has done the right thing financially, Liddy’s worried the novelty of a new business will wear off and her bookshop will fail. Tuck has been very supportive, he’s a really nice man and Liddy wonders if they could ever be more than just friends. When Jim returns, Liddy's not overjoyed to see her ex-husband, he does say he’s sorry about hurting her and wants Liddy to forgive him and start over?

A long kept secret is finally reveled, Liddy feels Jessica can finally rest in peace, she loves running her own business, she’s accomplished more than she ever thought she could, she helps a young man in need, and decides who she wants to spend her future with.

I received a copy of Goodbye Again from NetGalley and Montlake in exchange for an honest review, and I have also read the first book in the Wyndham Beach Series, An Invincible Summer and I absolutely adored both books. Mariah Stewart writes with real tenderness and is sensitive to people’s feelings regarding difficult subjects and she’s an extremely talented author. Liddy’s story will make you feel really emotional, I can’t wait for the next book in the wonderful series and five stars from me.
Liddy Bryant has lost a daughter to suicide and had her husband walk out on her.  She has been in a fog but has now decided she needs to move on with her life.  She buys an old bookstore and starts remodeling it.   This is a story of family and relationships.  The characters are likable and relatable.  The issue of suicide and it’s effects on family is addressed in the book in a sensitive way.  This book has a bit of suspense, conflict and romance along with a happy ending.  This is the second book in a series but I felt it could stand alone.  Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
This is the second book in this series. The first book showed the lives of three young women who had been best friends since they were very young. This book takes place about 25 years later and their children are grown. It is about second changes with the original woman finding new loves. And about the younger women dealing with their lives   I really enjoyed this book
Tender and satisfying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the last book, An Invincible Summer, Stewart really got to me with her storytelling about going home, cultivating friendships, and lost loves. This book targets the intense feelings of the loss of a child and a marriage. How one can move forward towards finding yourself again.

Stewart dives into the rebirth of a midlife woman as she pours herself into buying a business while finding hope and thinking about love again. We are also treated to several other characters in this saga that love and support her. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to reach out to a support system without judgement and Stewart combines that effortlessly in this book.

Her characters are strong and well developed with a backbone and care for all in their quaint town. She manages to develop and create a place and space that we could picture ourselves living in today.

With loads of emotion and tender feelings all around, this story will cause a few, okay, many tears to fall. But have no fear. She rescues us in the end with smiles for all!
Author Mariah Stewart has penned a wonderful women’s fiction novel with GOODBYE AGAIN. The main character, Liddy Bryant, is in her early 60’s, divorced, and grieving the loss of her only child, Jessica, to suicide four years ago. Presently, Liddy is given a new outlook in her life when she purchases an old bookstore and remodels the interior and exterior then opens the doors with great success. Her best friends from childhood help and support her—Emma and Maggie—as well as Grace, Maggie’s daughter. Liddy is re-acquainted with handsome contractor, Tuck Shelby, and feels a spark inside that she hasn’t felt in years.

Liddy’s emotions over opening the bookstore transfer well through the author’s pen. I was amped up along with Liddy and all her friends. I enjoyed how the author added suspense (Dylan), history, conflict (Jim, the ex), and romance (Tuck), and blended it all so well. I initially felt the first few chapters were slow, but the pace soon picked up and soared from then on. It’s heartbreaking once the truth about Jessica’s suicide comes out, yet I enjoyed all the ways Liddy and her friends kept her memory and talents alive through Liddy’s bookstore. I was also pleased with all the happy endings and positive outlooks to satisfy readers. Bravo!

I honestly reviewed an unedited digital arc provided by NetGalley and Montlake. All opinions are my own. Thank you.
This is the journey of Liddy Bryant following the unexplained suicide of her daughter and the abandonment of her husband. With determination to make some positive changes in her life, she decides to take on rundown book store in her hometown. With the help of her friends she is on her way.
Tuck Shelby long time friend and contractor has stepped up to help her a great deal. But now Tuck is hoping to get out of the friend zone. Just when Liddy is starting to open her heart to Tuck, her ex husband shows up with an apology. Will Liddy be willing to forgive her ex for leaving her when she needed him most? Will she be willing to forgive him and give him another chance? Will Tuck remain in the friend zone?
This was a great book about friendship and pulling together after a large loss.
Thank you Netgalley for complimentary copy.
I reviewed the first book in this series for NetGalley in 2020, and was SO EXCITED to see the next book in the series available. A little mystery, a little romance, and some small-town life? Count me in! This did not disappoint.
I love the characters- they're all well-developed, honest, and relatable. Throughout the book, I felt as if I had known these women forever. The power of female friendships came shining through, especially the new adult friendship between Grace and Liddy. I cannot wait for the next installment in the series!
I would not hesitate to recommend this to others. If you're a fan of Elin Hilderbrand, Mary Alice Monroe, or Kristy Woodson Harvey, put Mariah Stewart on your list!

Thank you to NetGalley and Montlake for the ARC!
Thanks Netgalley for allowing me to read this book. Libby is experiencing many changes in her life. Her daughter passed away several years ago who she misses every day. She leans on her child hood friends for support after her husband left her. She is growing closer to Tuck who she has known since grade school. I enjoyed this book.
Liddy Bryant is struggling to move forward after her daughters suicide and her husbands abandonment.
She purchases the town bookstore and plans to remodel and get her life back on track. She hires her friend Tuck Shelby to do the remodeling. They begin to have feelings for each other but Liddy’s husband wants them to get back together. Who will she choose?  Also share the lives of Liddy’s friends. Loved the book!

Thanks to Mariah Stewart and Montlake
This the second book in the Wyndham Beach series. I did not read the first (An Invincible Summer) and I felt I was missing a lot of context. The story does well as a stand-alone novel, but I think my experience would have been enhanced by reading these in order.

Liddy Bryant’s life fell apart when her budding artist daughter, Jessica, committed suicide. Her grief is accentuated by the fact that there seemed to be no reason for this tragedy – no overt warning signals. Then a year to the date of this loss, Liddy’s husband, Jim, packs up and walks out of her life with no communication and a subsequent divorce.

The storyline begins as Liddy is reconstructing her life by purchasing a run-down, shuttered bookstore. Just as she is rejuvenating her life, she pours her passion for books into rejuvenating the town’s only bookstore. Slowly, Liddy begins to rediscover her sense of self with the support of her two longtime best friends and a host of other characters that provide opportunities for her to explore new possibilities, including a new love interest.

The issue of suicide is addressed with sensitivity and compassion as the author demonstrates the ripple effect such a death has on the lives of family and friends. It was gratifying that an explanation was forthcoming, painful though it was. Liddy is a character that is both believable and relatable.

My only criticism is the pacing started off a bit too slowly, but the second half of the book definitely picked up and kept me engaged.

My thanks to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for the privilege of reviewing this book. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

This review is being posted immediately to my GoodReads account and will be posted on Amazon upon publication.
A pleasant second Wyndham Beach story. Liddy is starting over after her daughter's suicide and husband's desertion. She has bought the town's failing bookstore and is sprucing it up to reopen. With help from her best friends and the town handyman, a former classmate, she moves forward into the future, even as she is caught in the past by her grief and disbelief at her daughter's death.

Not enthralling, but not bad.
This is a review for Net Galley. I didn't realize when I chose this to read to review that it is the second book in the Wyndham Beach series until I saw it on Goodreads. However, it was a very easy read. I enjoyed it so much I plan on reading the first book in the series and re-reading this book.

We follow Liddy a divorced woman whom purchases a building to make into a bookshop. With the help of some friends she is able to accomplish owning a bookshop. Grace, an ex Attorney, ends up working with Liddy. Liddy used to have a daughter named Jessie, whom committed suicide. Liddy didn't know what lead up to Jessie's decision to. One day when Grace was reading an article in the newspaper about a bunch of girls coming forward about being assaulted by a basketball coach that was once Jessie's coach, a lightbulb formed. Could this be the reason that led up to Jessie taking her life?

In the mean time Liddy's ex husband tries to enter back into Liddy's life. However, a man named Tuck whom helped Liddy with the bookshop has been spending quite a lot of time with Liddy to the point to where Liddy knows she has to make a decision soon. Who will she chose?

Honestly, this is a very cute well written story. It does not have anything about how Jessie took her life in it. There is more romance than that in the story. I enjoyed learning about each of the characters. It didn't take me long to figure out why each character was brought up in the story. If a third book were to come out in the series I would say you wouldn't have to read the books in order to figure out what is going on. It is that good. I highly recommend.
Oh my gosh.  This book is so much deeper than the first in this series.  It is so good.

There are so many tendrils woven throughout this story.  Friends, relationships, new business, and new loves, put these all together and this is a fabulous read.

Liddy has lost a daughter to suicide, but no one knows why.  Her suicide note doesn't allude to anything going on in her life, until one person puts the pieces together.  Tragic.

Her lifelong friends are helping her get her bookstore rehabbed and open as she begins the next chapter in her life following her divorce.  Throw in a possible new love, realizing her late daughter was an extremely talented artist, issues with her bookstore and her ex-husband, well, you have a very readable story.

Ms. Stewart has done a fine job defining how one might move forward after multiple tragedies.  Second chances at love, work, and even life are in this book.  You're never too old to make a fresh start.

This is the second book in the Wyndham Beach series.  Although you can read Goodbye Again as a standalone, I feel you get relevant background by reading the series in order.
I was lucky to receive an advance copy of this from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for my honest review and opinions.  This is book #2 in the series and I had not read book #1 prior to this and didn't feel like I absolutely had too to understand the story line.  Overall, I found this to be a really enjoyable read. Not too heavy but with just enough real like situations to make it feel believable and relatable.