Cover Image: The Five Year Plan

The Five Year Plan

I had to order pasta to eat while I was reading this book. The descriptions of the restaurant scene and culture were *chefs kiss*

Could have used a little more steam from the relationship but overall a very enjoyable read about life, love and family.
This book follows along Demi as she finds herself in her home roots of Bari, Italy. Sprinkle in some family drama, romance, humour and family feuds, and I'm hooked. The scenes being set in Italy were to die for, and really made me want to go on holiday. I loved the character development, and writing style throughout the book.
I loved the five year plan. It is about Demi who has a 5 year plan and it crumbles. This food has lots of fun aspects to it such as travel, food and romance. It was a four out of five star read.
Demi thinks she is content living with her boyfriend Will and running the family business alongside her father in the hope it will one day be hers. Along with best friend Anna, she has a five year plan and is quite comfortable. Then everything goes wrong. Will is arrested, her brother is set to take over the business and her life is a mess so she travels to Italy to meet her extended family and learn traditional Italian cooking. She meets the handsome Leo and quickly develops feelings for him despite the long standing feud between their two families. But what is the secret her parents and hiding and what happens when she has to go back home? A great story that I really enjoyed.
If you like romance, romantic comedies, traveling, and/or Hallmark movies, then you'll adore this book. It was SO GOOD that I found myself retelling the story to my partner. I don't even know where to begin with sharing why it's amazing. There's a great complexity of storylines and character development, so the book is never boring. The Italian setting and culture really come alive through Jodi's writing. And, I enjoyed the Romeo and Juliet vibe of forbidden love. Jodi isn't trying to recreate Romeo and Juliet, but there's just enough of that essence to make it fun. Also, the ending leaves you so fulfilled, light, happy, and your heart and soul warmed. I am a big believer in happy endings, so I love stories that have minimal climax and drama and maximal happiness! That's 100% this book. I highly recommend it.
I quite enjoyed this one, though I did find Demi grating on me toward the end. I enjoyed the banter and chemistry between her and Leo and felt they were well suited! A lovely romp through Italy, it felt very well described.

Thank you to the publisher for the ARC!
I love a book that lets me really visualise the scenery. I could almost smell and taste the food too, a beautiful journey from the comfort of my own home!

Very well written. Loved the themes around family, love and throwing caution to the wind when you know you're in love.

A fantastic addition to Jodi's growing repertoire.
The scenery? Gorgeous! The food? Mouthwatering! This was a fun, fast read centering on changing up your plans when life throws you a curveball. Demi was a wonderful character and I loved her relationships with her family in Australia, her family in Italy, her best friend Anna (adorable!) and, most of all, Leo. Every time Demi and Leo danced together, I swooned!

I especially loved the orecchiette competition and also the impromptu trip to Switzerland at the end- love is worthwhile!
This is a well-written and fun book, I'd definitely recommend to someone looking to escape to Italy (in book form, of course).  The storytelling is top notch and the characters are multi-layers and interesting to read.
I liked the main character, the story was quick and cute. I loved how the character progressed from the beginning to the end and just loved reading about her self growth. but I F=felt sometimes it just got too dramatic
I enjoyed this book. Mainly because all the food and the descriptions of Italy were amazing. It made me desperate to go there and eat all the food!
Good story about Demi too!
Demi Moretti is a 33-year-old in Melbourne with Italian parents who has her life on track--she has plans for her family's cafe, her boyfriend is a successful realtor, and she and her best friend have their lives laid out.  Life isn't quite that easy, though, and after a series of setbacks, Demi finds herself on a plane to Bari, Italy to stay with her relatives and learn more about the classic cooking style of Southern Italy. Through food, family, (and a new love interest), Demi learns that plans don't always go the way you think they will and sometimes that's okay.  It really is a sweet heart-warming book with relatable real characters, a storyline that keeps you interested all the way through, and, my favorite, fun descriptions of food and scenery!
A story about a mid thirties woman learning not everything in life can be planned out. I liked reading Demi interacting with her Bari extended family. I felt that problems were blown out of proportion but the characters but resolved too easily.
Fantastic. Reading The Five Year Plan is very interesting. It's real in a way where no matter how much you plan your life out things will not go the way you had wanted them to. There are times where you end up in the location you wanted but take a different route to get there or you get there and realize it was just a stop over.
The relationship ends up not being the center of the story and just another leg in the journey which is possibly the best aspect of the book. You watch the plans of this character fall apart and watch her move and live eventually instead of her just passively going through life.
Overall, it is a good book to read if you want the ease of a romance without as much focus on the romantic aspect.
The perfect beach read. A nice, easy read about Demi an Australian with Italian heritage who has a five year plan as does her best friend. Unsurprisingly whilst her best friend is achieving all her goals Demi's life is not quite going to plan.  A very enjoyable book.
Having a plan allows you to glimpse a future you want .. but sometimes plans can go wrong or not in the direction you wanted.. Demi must get out of her comfort zone, and challenge herself to see what she trully wants .. that and another circumstances leads her to travel to Bari.. this story will transport you to the incredible and beautiful Italy, you'll be feeling every taste, aroma, see all the trattorias and meet wonderful people.. love can happen when least expected, and surely it can change the whole world for you.
Thanks to #NetGalley for this lovely Arc in exchange of my personal review.
A delightful and light-hearted read.

Demi, our Main character, thinks her life is following along with her five-year plan of being happy with her boyfriend an taking over her father's café.
But of course, this book wouldn't exist if everything went according to plan. Not only does Demi's dad decide to hand the reins of the café over to her older brother, her boyfriend Will is starting to act strange and Demi suspects he might be cheating on her.
So, to get away from it all Demi decides to head over to Italy for some much-needed change of scenery.

Overall, I found the plot somewhat predictable, but the characters are well written and likeable. I also really enjoyed the vivid depiction of the places Demi visits in Italy. And the way Jodi Gibson described all the food had my mouth watering.
Really enjoyed this book! Such a fun read with great character development! Such a fun one and great to grab!
This is a perfect escapist read, full of food, Italian culture, rivalry and forbidden romance. I loved getting to know Demi, a strong 30s woman who doesn't give up when life throws her a curve ball but works hard to go after what she wants. The romance between her and Leo was great and I fell in love with the country and food descriptions just as much as I did with the main characters. Highly recommended and perfect for fans of Love your life by Sophie Kinsella or Ramon and Julieta. Much thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my advance review copy!
The Five Year Plan by @jfgibsonwriter

Loved this little gem, the perfect holiday read whilst I was in Tasmania.

Demi has a five year plan, but nothing ever goes to plan!! Fun, lots of laughs and some romance along the way! Set in both melbourne and beautiful coastal Italy.