Cover Image: It Happened One Midnight

It Happened One Midnight

In book #3 of the Fairy Godmothers, Inc. series, romance Novelist Juniper Blossom is beginning to think the only happily ever after she will ever see is in the chapters of the books she writes.  When her meddling grandmothers ask to to visit Ever After and bring some signed books for wedding favors for a wedding taking place that weekend, Juniper snares her best friend, Divorce attorney Tomas Rivera, as her plus one.  They tell a fib to the grannies saying that they are engaged hoping they would lay off of the meddling, and the fib starts to snowball.  Juniper realizes she truly has feelings for Tomas, and she will not settle for a pretend romance, so she breaks it off with him in the hopes that he discovers his true feelings for her before it is too late.
I love these books.  This is a light-hearted romance with lots of laugh-out-loud moments.  Ever After is a magical town full of quirky characters from all of your childhood fairytales and a lot of woodland creatures with attitude thrown in for good measure.  I highly recommend this series!
I enjoyed this friends to lovers trope filled slightly paranormal romance after a hard core mystery.  That said, it's really fluffy.  Juniper is a romance novelist who hasn't met her own true love- or has she?  Tomas is a divorce attorney who needs to show he's settled in order to make partner (how old fashioned is that?). So of course, they pretend to be engaged and then try to pull it off when they head home to Ever After, where Juniper's fairy godmothers await. Thanks to netgalley for the ARC.  It's the sort of entertainment that might make for a good rom-com movie.
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Juniper Blossom and Tomas Rivera have been best friends since they met at a park at the tender age of six. They are as close as two friends can be. However, they are polar opposites in their beliefs about love: she's a romance novelist who truly believes in HEAs and he is a divorce attorney who has a strong belief in NOT believing. When the meddling of their families becomes annoying and being in a serious relationship becomes a contingency in Tomas' job for him to become a partner, they come up with the good ole fake dating ruse to buy them some peace and get Tomas his dream partnership.

They set off to Ever After, where Juniper's grandmothers live, to attend Juniper's favorite event in the world: the fireflies ceremony held on Halloween. There will be a wedding/masque ball that they will attend as a couple. But Ever After is not a regular town, and the grandmothers are actually Fairy Godmothers. Animals behave in a peculiar way and things happen that make Juniper start to realize that things in her life have always had a touch of magic... but that, to Tomas, is just inadmissible.

The fake dating and  the forced proximity soon blur all the lines and deeper hidden feelings emerge. But they are still pretty much at polar opposites when it comes to views about love. Can there be a Happily Ever After  for them?

I really wanted to love this book. It had everything I like in the synopsis, but, maybe because it's a third installment in a series, I was a little lost. Like Tomas, too much was expected of me in terms of believing and embracing the characters and plot. Maybe it's not the same for people who read the previous books. It's still a sweet and steamy friends to lovers romance, with the whimsical addition of the meddling fairy godmothers and of magic everywhere, but something was lacking for me.

Also, the whole book is just the two of them in a very loving tug of war about beliefs and Tomas is very firm in his, so is Juniper. I thought that the revelation of the existence of magic in the world and his acceptance of it was just too quick. It could have been done throughout the book.

I might still read the first two because the idea of the town really intrigued me, like a modern day Brigadoon. So if this intrigues you too, maybe read the others first.
It Happened One Midnight is a perfect blend of magic, fantasy, and romance. Best friends Juniper and Thomas decide to fake an engagement to avoid her matchmaking grandmothers and help secure a partnership at his law firm.

Of course their fake engagement starts to change things between them. The friendship goggles have been taken off and they can now mentally acknowledge each other's hotness. Lines start to blur, and who exactly do you talk to when you start having feelings for your best friend?

Juniper, a romance author, wholeheartedly believes in happily ever after's and Thomas, a divorce lawyer, does not. They believe this is the reason they are fundamentally incompatible. Their friends and family are determined to show them otherwise.

Thank goodness for the fairy godmothers--seriously what do I have to do to get one of my own? These three ladies were a riot, they will stop at nothing to nudge Juniper and Thomas toward their HEA. Be prepared for all sorts of cheesy (in the best way) seduction scenes courtesy of the grandmothers.

Thank you so much to @netgalley and @kensingtonbooks for this ARC, It Happened One Midnight is out on December 28th!

Why you should read:
❄️ Meddling fairy godmothers
❄️ Best friends to lovers
❄️ Grumpy vs. sunshine
❄️ Fake fiance
❄️ Only one bed
❄️ Dracula themed weddings
❄️ Banter, hijinks, and so much more
I will say that this is my least favorite of the 3 books. The story just wasn't as great as the others. There was too much internal dialogue that made the story seem repetitive. Still a good book.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle by Kensington Books, Zebra  and #NetGalley for my honest opinion. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

Cute but not quite my thing.
Yay this book delivered an awesome friends to lovers story full of whimsy and awe! I have been enchanted by this series from the start so of course I was anxious about how the third book would fare but honestly, the author exceeded expectations. For anyone new to the series, the story starts with enough fun recap via the godmothers bantering to catch you up and reel you in so it can be read as a stand alone. For someone following the series, there were plenty of fun call backs and character cameos to keep me turning the pages and smiling. This story spends a little more time outside of Ever After which was a nice change but definitely involved just as much magic and love.

The two main characters were just lovely and had a good mix of both slow burn and some insta love steam mixed in. I highly recommend for all those readers who are on the witchy/magic romance kick lately who also love some comedy in their romance and some steam.
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

With the holidays floating around me, I was in the mood for some good romcoms. So, I decided to jump into It Happened One Midnight. Now I absolutely love Saranna's Fairy Godmothers, Inc Series. So, it's pretty safe to assume that I would fall magically in love with this book and the characters within it as well.

In this, you will meet Juniper and Tomas. She is a romance author, living my dream, but she's currently holding out for the love of her life. As to who that actually is? Well, she has no idea but she's a very optimistic person. While that's happening, Tomas is like the Grinch who divorced love. If you guessed he's a divorce attorney - you'd be correct. He's also not the biggest fan of love. So, maybe he's like the Grinch and Squidward being combined into one person.

These two are also best friends and it was quite easy to want them together. Or maybe I was just really stubborn and, in the mood, to do so. It's a problem most people would be okay with. So, when things started to take off, I couldn't help but be really happy for everyone involved. Plus, the fairy godmothers were hilarious and definitely made this book way more enjoyable.

In the end, I devoured the heck out of this. I can't wait for the next book that she writes. Especially if it's another fairy tale kind of romance.
You just have to believe!

Petunia, Bluebonnet and Jonquil, the Fairy Godmothers, are at it again. Matchmaking! This time they have their granddaughter Juniper Blossom in their sights! Juniper writes romance novels and her best friend since they were kids, Tomas Rivera is a divorce attorney. Juniper believes in true love and Happily Ever After. Tomas plans to never marry and that true love doesn't exist. Can the Fairy Godmothers get another win with this couple?

I love the Fairy Godmothers. They are very quirky and their magic manifests in fun ways. In this story I laughed a lot at their magical machinations. Their Love Nest Hotel was over the top. I really laughed hard at this. Juniper and Tomas are fun characters and I liked how their HEA road ran; bumpy sliding into smooth. I love a fairy tale ending!
I’ll start my review by saying I have read the previous books in this series, and I enjoyed them, but this one is definitely the best one yet. Juniper and Tomas were just perfect for each other and while this book had plenty of funny moments none were ridiculously stupid, which happened a few times in the previous books. I just loved their honesty and their friendship. It was just the best romance foundation ever. And as much as the last dramatic conflict moments in romance book usually annoy me, this one was fine. Perfectly reasonable and good for the story. Overall, I loved this book. It was the perfect magic infused rom com.
Thank you to the author, NetGalley, and Kensington Books for an e-ARC in exchange for my honest review.
An adult fairy tale book with romance and some meddling fairy godmothers.

Read this if you enjoy:
- Fairy Tales
- Magic
- Small Town feels
- Fake dating
- Friends to lovers
- A MC who isn't willing to settle for less than everything but still giving in to her desire ;)

The meddling grandmothers made me cringe at some bits but had me laughing at the same time. The bit where they create a full hotel with their magic especially, trying to push Juniper and Tomas together. I enjoyed how Juniper could talk to them about anything and they weren't scandalised, and also that they were pretending they believed the fake engagement the whole time.

I rooted for the couple and I think the author described their growing feelings for each other well without it feeling too repetitive about their worries of ruining their friendship. I wasn't if this would be a clean romance due to it feeling like a fairy tale, but there was definitely a few scenes and they were written well.

3.8⭐

Thank you to NetGalley, Kensington Books Zebra and the author for the review copy, provided in exchange for an honest opinion
Such a cute book, I enjoyed the meddling of the fairy godmothers as well as the mamas. All they wanted was Juniper and Tomas to be happy, and knew without a doubt that those two were perfect for each other. Also turn about is fair, with Juniper swiping right on a certain Ever After app on her grandmother Petty to a certain person that will not be named. I loved how Tomas finally figured out the his best friend was the right woman for him and vice versa with Juniper. Can't wait to read the first two books when I can get a chance too.
I have received this advance readers copy from Net galley, and am giving a fair and honest review.
It Happened One Midnight is a magical romantic comedy about best friends since childhood who pretend to date to solve several different problems. Of course, nothing goes as planned.
I loved the relationship between Juniper and Tomas. They care deeply about each other and truly want what is best for each other.  I found myself rooting for them early on, and was annoyed by Tomas's hesitation. It was easy to see his great revelation should have been coming, but it took the entire book for him to get there. I may or may not have called him a moron. Several times. But I really liked how the story unfolded and the easy chemistry between the two of them.
I'm not quite sure how I felt about the magical elements, but they were all important to the plot so do yourself a favor just go with it. The Fairy Godmothers were very entertaining, and I enjoyed several of the secondary characters as well.
The ending fell a little flat for me, but it was still okay. I just found myself wanting something a little bigger or with more of an emotional punch. Overall it was a very fun read that I sped through in less than two days. Definitely recommend if you love romantic comedies and don't mind some whimsical magic.

Thank you to NetGalley for an e-arc in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Whenever I hit a reading slump, I can always count on a good rom-com to dig me out, and It Happened One Midnight has held up to that standard. I could sit here and list off the tropes it hit, but that won't encapsulate the true beauty of this book.
Juniper and Tomas have been best friends since they were six, and they've had a marriage pact as well. The only problem is Tomas doesn't believe in love. Not to worry as Juniper's fairy grandmothers are here to help. Their witty comments and actions drive the romance, from a "seduction hotel" to a "desire dress," these grandmothers will stop at nothing to convince Tomas to believe.
Besides the obviously magical elements, the romance between Juniper and Tomas is very realistic, and the sexual tension is through the roof. As with most rom-coms, it does get a bit cheesy and predictable, but who doesn't love a good predictable ending. Overall a solid 4/5 stars.
Fairytales aren't only for kids, and this is definitely NOT for kids. With that said, Saranna DeWylde did it again! I am always excited to get back to the town of Ever After, with it's Fairy Tale characters, and the Godmothers. It wouldn't be Ever After without some meddling from the Godmothers. This time, they want to meddle in the life of their granddaughter, Juniper and her best childhood friend Thomas.

As always, I loved the characters and the atmosphere. It was heartwarming, and light hearted, with just the right amount of spice thrown in. Saranna does a great job at balancing the spice and story, which is something that I appreciate.

All in all, I enjoy this series, and I look forward to anymore books that may be added in the future.
It Happened One Midnight is the third books in this magical series. I love my visits to Ever After, they’re filled with laughs and love. Juniper and Tomas have been best friends forever. He’s a divorce lawyer and she’s a romance writer looking for their happily ever after. I absolutely love the fairy god mothers. The perfect escape from reality series! I’d love to read more and hope the stories continue
It Happened One Midnight is the third book in the Fairy Godmother's Inc. series by Saranna DeWylde. In this story, two lifelong best friends Juniper and Tomas. Juniper, a romance author, has been invited to Ever After as a special request from a bride for her upcoming wedding. The fact that her grandmothers live in Ever After is just a bonus. Her best friend Tomas, a divorce attorney has agreed to go with her as her plus one.

Juniper and Tomas, while they love each other fiercely as best friends have very different views when it comes to love and marriage. Juniper is a hopeless (hopeful?) romantic. Tomas, on the other hand, has seen too much heartache as a divorce attorney and vows never to go through that himself. The problem? Juniper and Tomas are perfect for each other and the only two people who don't realize that are the two of them. But with the help of some conniving grandmothers, determined mamas and a little bit of magic, Juniper and Tomas may find the attraction they've been too blind to see up to this point.

I was thrilled to be able to go back to Ever After and hang around with some familiar faces in this latest installment. While this book seemed more inspired by fairytales than a direct retelling, the world building with Ever After and it's quirky inhabitants more than made up for it. Thought I did find myself more interested in the godmothers antics than the romance in parts, this was a fun read and I look forward to more in this series.
Four and a half Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭒
It Happened One Midnight by Saranna DeWylde is a delightful and engaging story about love.  It has magic, and meddling fairy godmothers, and a magical small town full of quirky characters and charm.

Juniper Blossom is a romance novelist who believes in happily ever after but has not met her soulmate yet. She wants to wait for the right guy, but her grandmothers (who are also fairy godmothers) have other ideas and want to find her a boyfriend as soon as possible.

Juniper’s best friend is Tomas Rivera, a divorce attorney who has seen the worst of married life and does not believe in soulmates or a happily ever after.  He doesn’t believe in love.  When his law firm hints that his promotion is contingent on him settling down, he decides a fake engagement with his best friend Juniper will solve both their problems.  Tomas agrees to travel to Ever After with Juniper to meet with the grandmothers to show them they are happy together.  But, Ever After isn’t the typical small town, and the grandmothers are really fairy godmothers, so

I just loved this magical, whimsical romance.  The fairy godmothers are fun and provide a lot of humor in the book.  Juniper and Tomas are a very likable couple and although it’s clear from the start that they are made for each other, it takes them both a bit of time to figure it all out.  The book never lagged and I enjoyed every word.  It Happened One Midnight is just pure fun.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a fun, and magical romance. I received a complimentary copy of this book.  The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
This hits all my favorite tropes and my only complaint was that there was too little book! Where is my next one please!!??