Cover Image: The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 4

The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 4

This was a really great sampler for 6 different books. I definitely want to read the entire books now!!!
A fantastic chance to read samples from six upcoming titles. Two of the six books really stood out for me;

The debut novel 'A Flicker In The Dark' by Stacey Willingham is exactly the kind of story I love to read. Chloe Davis' father is a convicted serial killer. Even though she has gotten her life back on track, the trauma of this happening when she was twelve has obviously had an impact on her, leaving her paranoid and dependant on medication to get through each day. Then on the 20th anniversary, someone she knows goes missing - is it happening all over again? The sampler was really intriguing, I loved the concept and can't wait to read on.

The second sample I absolutely loved was 'The Resting Place' by Camilla Sten. I am a huge fan of Nordic Noir novels and also ghost stories so I love the way that Camilla Sten blends the two together. From the first few chapters it seems like it will be a classic haunted house story with a modern twist as the protagonist has prosopagnosia or "face blindness". Even though she saw her grandmother's killer, she isn't able to describe him or her and wouldn't be able to recognise them if she saw them again. I was hooked from the start, such an interesting idea for a novel and I was so disappointed when the sample finished and I couldn't continue with the story!
It was nice to get a taste of a number of upcoming books. I requested the ones that interested me the most and I look forward to reading them.
by: Alex Finlay, Gigi Pandian, Camilla Sten, Anna Downes & Samantha Jayne Allen
Pub. date: September 28, 2021
Review date: October 31, 2021

Many thanks to St. Martin’s Press & NetGalley, for allowing me access to these arc book samples in exchange for my honest opinion.
I thoroughly enjoyed every excerpt I read from these gripping tales. I’m totally looking forward to reading them All in their entirety. I give this sampler 5 stars & highly recommend these books.
#TheMinotaurSampler #Volume4  #NetGalley
Super excited about these books! It’s hard to just read a little bit of a book but it definitely made me put these on my ‘must have’ list! They sound so good.
The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 4

So lucky to get another ARC from #StMartinPress and #NetGalley for this title. I adore these samplers of several books to see which one(s)you may like to read in depth. Three or four chapters of each whet your appetite for more.

These six were all mysteries. My fave was The Shadow House by Anna Downes. All intrigue and entice you. Other titles were:  A Flicker in the Dark, by Stacy Willingham, The Night Shift by Alex Findlay, Under Lock and Skeleton Key by Gigi Pandian, The Resting Place by Camilla Sten and Pay Dirt Road by Samantha Jayne Allen.
I really love a good preview compilation.  One by a favorite publisher and exciting authors?  Sign me up, thankyouverymuch!  The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 4, previews six upcoming books: A Flicker In The Dark by Stacy Willingham, The Night Shift by Alex Finlay, Under Lock & Skeleton Key by Gigi Pandian, The Resting Place by Camilla Sten, The Shadow House by Anna Downes, and Pay Dirt Road by Samantha Jayne Allen. I really appreciate the inclusion of hyperlinks throughout.  Perfect for the fall season these mystery /suspense previews each give an excellent feeling for the book. I’m most interested in Shadow House and Pay Dirt Road.
Thank you to St. Martin’s Press/Minotaur Books for the opportunity to review The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 4. All opinions are my own.
This is a great little sampler book.  I did enjoy what I have read so far and I will be adding a few of the books to my pile for review in the near future.
In this sampler,you have six different stories to read and get a taste of different stories that will be published .This is just one of many samplers that they come out with. I like this because it gives me a example of what the story is about and then you can decide for yourself if you would like to read the whole story when it's published.. After you do read and you want more,you can find out when the whole book will be published or where you can find the book and author... Received from Net Gallery..
I adore these releases of excerpts from upcoming books to be looking out for! This one is no exception. It has some known authors with new releases coming soon as well as some authors that I have not tried previously. I am now looking forward to broadening my thriller author list! Loved this!
#TheMinotaurSamplerVolume4 #NetGalley #StMartinsPress #MinotaurBooks
A good look at a few upcoming book, some of which have definitely been added to my ever growing TBR pile.
I absolutely love when these samplers are released!  In this sampler, there are excerpts from 6 upcoming new releases.  Of the 6, I am very excited to read 4 of them.   3 are repeat authors for me, 1 is a new author.  The books that I cannot wait to get my hands on are: A Flicker in the Dark, The Night Shift, The Resting Place and The Shadow House!

This review was also published on Goodreads.
I enjoyed my sampler of these upcoming books. I was especially excited for The Night Shift and The Shadow House now I really can't wait to read these two when they are released.
I love the Minotaur Sampler, Volume 4 didn't disappoint! I can't wait to get my hands on these novels!
As the title includes - new books to make your heart race, this is enticing ! I always look forward to another edition and this one has psychological thrillers that I can't wait to read. Flicker in the Dark is of special interest to me... Thanks for these samples which really help me to decide which ones I want to read for the whole book!
Looks like some good thrillers coming up! Thank you for this little tease so I can see which books I would enjoy. Can't wait for them to come out.
Thank you for the Advanced Copy.

Most of the stories were too scary for me, though I know some people would love these stories.
Minotaur has some intriguing mysteries/suspense/thrillers coming up in early 2022. I sampled six of them here (thanks Minotaur and Netgalley) and added several to my TBR list.

A Flicker In The Dark by Stacey Willingham is a debut novel. This was perhaps my favorite of them all and I can't wait to read it when it comes out on January 11, 2022. Just as everything starts looking up for Dr. Davis Chloe - her love life, her career - a horrific incident from her childhood seems to come back to haunt her again. I loved the writing and the foreboding in the first several chapters!

The Night Shift by Alex Finlay had a slightly similar premise. Similar murders in Linden NJ on December 31, 1999 reoccur 15 years later. Many questions come up immediately - was the right murderer imprisoned? Then why is this happening again? I really enjoyed what I read so far. Its publishing day is March 1, 2022.

Under Lock and Skeleton Key by Gigi Pandian had good writing but the setting and themes have not pulled me in. The magician, treehouse, bunny aspects haven't intrigued me enough, but I could be convinced to read some more when the book is published on March 22, 2022.

The Resting Place by Camilla Sten is a thriller set in Sweden, whose main character is a woman who has prosopagnosia or "face blindness"—the inability to recognize a familiar person’s face.  This puts her at a major disadvantage when she may have seen her grandmother's killer but can probably not ever recognize the person again. I'm intrigued with what I read so far and plan to seek it out when it becomes available March 29, 2022.

The Shadow House by Anna Downes is set in Australia about a mother of two who may be running away from something. They move to an ecovillage called Pine Ridge, which looks beautiful. But there is a definite sense of foreboding.  Coming April 5, 2022.

Pay Dirt Road by Samantha Jayne Allen is another debut novel, described by the publisher as "Friday Night Lights meets Sue Grafton". Annie McIntyre has returned to her hometown after graduating from college, but trying to figure out what to do next. Perhaps helping out at her grandfather's PI office is a good start. The first four chapters have only set up the story but nothing has happened yet, so it's difficult to say whether I'd want to continue. Publication date is April 19, 2022.

From this sampler, it does seem that there are some great mystery thrillers from unknown-to-me authors coming out from Minotaur. Check them out!
I'm a huge fan of St. Martin's Press/Minotaur books so I loved reading the samples of these upcoming titles. I'm really excited for The Shadow House, A Flicker in the Dark, The Night Shift and The Resting Place and will definitely be requesting copies. Thank you Minotaur and NetGalley for this e-arc sampler in exchange for an honest review.
The Minotaur Sampler, Volume 4,  was my first sampler to read--what a great idea for the Minotaur to do. This gave me the opportunity to taste the writing styles of six authors. It's a great marketing tool, as well.

Volume 4 included authors; Stacy Willingham, Alex Finlay, Gigi Pandian, Camilla Sten, Anna Downes, and Samantha Jane Allen. The publisher did a great job selecting six great stories from these wonderful authors--they all were an interesting read but I had my favorites and look forward to downloading them.

Thank you NetGalley, Minotaur, and authors to get a chance to read samples of your stories.