Cover Image: The Legend of the Dream Giants

The Legend of the Dream Giants

The Legend of the Dream Giants is a fantasy novel about a lonely young giant named Berg. The book follows Berg as he wanders from town to town and is chased away from each by frightened humans who mistake him for a different giant. One day Berg comes to a city he is allowed to stay in, but in return is manipulated by the unscrupulous mayor. The writing style is beautiful but may be too difficult for younger readers. The book also has lovely illustrations. I liked how it drops the reader right into the world without spending time establishing rules for the magic or explaining the fantasy elements as it makes the story more immersive.  While Berg suffers a lot of hardship, I think this is ultimately a hopeful story. Overall this is a great option for anyone who enjoys middle grade fantasy.
Nope - don't bother.  It was depressing as all get out!  I don't know about you, but I don't want to read about bad things even if they do happen to a fictional giant.  We don't live in that kind of world right now.  I was thinking about this for the kids.  I decided if I didn't want to keep reading chapter after chapter of bad that happens to our main character, the kids certainly wouldn't finish.  I can't say how disappointed I was.

I received an ARC from Netgalley to prepare my honest review.
An enjoyable fantasy with lots of imagination, creativity, and heart. Beautiful illustrations that help the reader envision the world alongside Dustin Hansen’s words. Sure to capture young readers’ attention.
#thelegendofthedreamgiants #netgalley

Thanks to netgalley for letting me read such a good book. Such a cool adventure for teens and young adults alike.