Cover Image: Heirs of Falcon Point

Heirs of Falcon Point

I was very excited to read this trilogy, yet, it was archived prior to my download.
However, I am going to peruse buying a copy, as I have read numerous great feedbacks about it.
Phenomenally written, Heirs of Falcon Point is a story I cannot stop thinking about. From the first chapter I was completely caught up in the Langs’ world and the suspense just continued to build from chapter to chapter. Reading this at night was a mistake because my heart kept racing and the pages kept turning. Who needs sleep when there is a mystery to solve and wrongs to be made right?

I cannot believe this was written by four different authors because the story is so seamless. The romantic suspense is a level 10 and I loved all of the different points of view. The story definitely was well rounded and I enjoyed putting the puzzle pieces together with the characters.

Four authors, one powerful story of love, loss, and family. Heirs of Falcon Point is a moving and evocative story that readers will remember long after they have read the last page. I am hopeful that the story will continue and that there will be more to come in the future. This is my favorite book of 2021 and I predict it will win many awards. If I could, I would give it 10 stars, it deserves a perfect 10! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I absolutely loved how this book was written. The beginning pulls you right in to the story and those first chapters were thrilling and heartbreaking at the same time. The story did slow for a bit after that for me, but it didn't take long for it to pick right back up. Each of the cousins were written well and I loved getting into the head of the bad guy. There are some great twists and well-written action. I definitely had some favorite characters.
This book just might be my favorite of the year! Four authors teamed up to write a rich and suspenseful tale that spans from 1940 to present day. It centers around a fictitious estate, Falcon Point, in the upper Austrian area. The setting is given in beautiful, vivid language as the plot moves at a nice clip. The characters are fascinating, both the likeable and unlikeable ones. So many personalities and motives and opportunities for things to go right or wrong. This book was a page turner!
If you like historical romance and/or suspense, then this book will likely be very satisfying for you.
Engaging and intense from the very beginning,  I couldn't help but be completely swept into a world full of intrigue and suspense as the Lang descendants fight for their birthright, trying to keep one step ahead of those who would stand in their way.

This was a wholly engrossing read, I didn't want to put it down because I just had to know what would happen next. I liked how it kept me guessing while they uncovered pieces to unravel the mystery. I loved getting to know each of the present day characters as they reconnected with their heritage, revealing secrets from the past.

Overall, I was so impressed with this book. I went into it not sure what to expect and how it would function as written by 4 authors. But it blew me away, and I thought it was brilliant how all the different parts of the story were blended together into a whole,  rather than separately into shorter interconnected stories as had thought it might be. A well developed plot, with captivating characters, excellent pacing and flawless execution. I loved how it blended suspense with a historical twist, two of my favorite genres, in this exciting intrigue filled adventure. A satisfying read, with excellent relationship building, a twisting plot, and many surprises along the way. Highly recommend!

This story starts out running and doesn't slow down until the last page. The Lang family is on the run and are separated as they flee the Nazis. I admit, I was disappointed when we were taken so quickly to modern-day times. Not because I didn't enjoy that part of the story, because I really did, but because I wanted to find out what happened to each of the Langs after they were separated. Maybe that will come in future stories? (Hint, hint!!) Since I'm all about dropping hints, I wouldn't mind separate stories for Anna, Cole, and Tess either. :)

I don't think I've read very many books with multiple authors, and I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. I didn't need to be worried though, because the story came together so well, I couldn't tell it was multiple authors writing it. This story has mystery, suspense, history, and even a little bit of romance. Wonderful characters - even the bad guys - make this a winner in my book.
Do NOT mess with the Lang family. They are smart and can think outside the box!

The thing that amazes me is that this novel is penned by four authors. It is one story that runs seamlessly between the different characters. It is told from multiple viewpoints, so I'm wondering if they all took a character and wrote their point of view? I really can't tell. I was so engrossed in the story and the plot that I didn't pay attention to see if there was a different writing style. As I said above, the transitions were wonderful!

The story starts in Austria at the beginning of Hitler's grab for power. Austria has succumbed and the Lang family does not want to support him. When push comes to shove, the family pack up to leave, but not all of them will be escaping. While trying to escape the children are separated. They each go a different way and thwart the military's efforts to capture them. If this scene doesn't catch your attention and interest, then I don't know what will.

Then the story comes to the modern-day. Someone wants to stop the descendants of Leopold Lang from taking back their estate. The funny thing is that until the trustee makes a move to renovate the Lang grandchildren do not know about each other or their inheritance.

The book has quite a bit of suspense and a little bit of romance. I had a hard time putting this one down. From what I understand, there will be more stories coming from the Lang family. I can't wait to get to know them better and find out how their love interests work out.
I was wondering how a book written by four authors could work, but it does. You can't tell where one author stopped and another one was writing. I loved the idea that the book was set in Austria during two time periods.  It makes me want to visit this country and to see the beauty.  I enjoyed how they brought the past and the present together and showed how important it is to know your family history and to know what ancestors went through with their lives. It is a fast read and enjoyable.
I can't begin to tell you how long I was waiting in anticipation for this book. I had heard the authors talking about it and how the story idea came about. Then finally being able to read a teaser in one of the author's previously published books. Oh. My. Heavens!!!! I couldn't wait. And let me tell you that the wait was worth it. This book was honestly perfection!

You would think that with four authors collaborating and writing a book together that you would be able to tell one author's writing to the next, right? Wrong! It flowed so smoothly and flawlessly. I was so amazed. I've been reading all four of these authors' books for years and can recognize their writing but if the cover didn't say it was written by different authors, and if I didn't have the key for who wrote which character and didn't know the types of stories/characters they write, I wouldn't know it was written by four different authors.

Stunning story about family, the past, the present, the future and righting what was wrong. These characters are on their own treasure hunt to discover secrets from a past they've had little information about. But it all comes together and their discoveries and journeys are very intriguing. I didn't want to set the book down at all.

From the historical to the contemporary aspects of this book, I became more and more endeared to this family. I was holding my breath through some parts. I was laughing at others. And at others I was sighing. Yes, there is some sweet and clean romance as well. With so many characters' stories happening throughout the book, you might think that there's no way it will all be wrapped up and filled in completely, but it is. These authors wrote something magical. There were no loose ends. Except the teaser chapter for the next book. Lol! I need more and I am so happy to say that there's more Lang family adventures coming!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

This is one of my favorite reads of the year and I HIGHLY recommend you picking it up. It's a great Christmas gift idea for the readers on your list. Or a just get it because it's amazing type purchase. Or request a copy at your local library so that many more people can enjoy it.

Content: Clean. There is mild suspense throughout the book. There are chase scenes, fights, guns, bad guys, and such. But the authors wrote it in a clean way. There is some romance but it is clean and sweet, nothing more than some kisses.

I received a copy from the publisher, Covenant Communications, via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions in the review are my own.

Happy Reading!!!
Not really sure if this is based on true story but I was literally hooked from the beginning to the end.

It's the beginning over the World War II, the Nazis have taken over Austria. Leopold Lang must make a choice--join the ranks of the new government, or flee the homeland. He eventually makes his decision, costing his life and his family being ripped apart. Langs owned the Falcon Point but soon never able to claim the property.

Eighty years later, Anna, Tess and Cole from three different countries reunite together to claim this family property. They are cousins but do not know that they are related to each other. But there's someone who is determined at any costs not to handover the property to them.

This is very different from the usual historical fiction that I read based on WWII and Holocaust. The story was intense and the writing pulled me into the story and I kept turning the page, wondering what is going to happen next. Will the cousins finally claim the property? I was almost at the edge of the seat as I read the book -- kudos to the authors' writing style! The ending was predictable but a bit unexpected.

Overall, this is more like a historical fiction thriller that is unputdownable and will keep you hooked until the end--worth a complete five stars!

Many thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC. The review is based on my honest opinion only.
It's been two weeks since I read this amazing book and still don't know how to put my feelings about it into words. It's simply an incredible book. The story flows so seamlessly you can't tell four authors wrote it. It has everything I've come to expect from these authors--multi-layered characters, great descriptions, edge of my seat suspense, heart-pounding what's-going-to-happen-next moments, all done with a touch of romance, and yet clean enough that teenagers can read it.

We start back in WWII times when Leopold Lang, an Austrian, chooses not to work for the Nazis who are making their play for dominion. His three children (Karl, Ingrid, and Anna) barely escape and have plans to meet up in London. Then the story fast forwards 80 years and we find that the Lang family never returned to their beloved home, Falcon Point. It's been kept from them and time is quickly running out for a Lang family heir to claim what is rightfully theirs before it's all lost to them forever.

This book held my attention from the first page thanks to A.L. Sowards and her amazing ability to write historicals. The tension, which never let up, had me reading late into the night, and once we see that each Lang grandchild has discovered a connection and is on their way to Falcon Point it only intensified. I loved how the cousins all worked together. This was the type of experience that makes for a life-long bond. I loved how each cousin's talent came into play when push came to shove, and together they sent a loud message that the Lang family was back!!!

I love that we're going to get more about these descendants of Karl, Ingrid and Anna and hopefully more about what happened to Karl, Ingrid and Anna once they fled. I'm definitely one of those people who like to get "the rest of the story". Again, well done Traci, Sian, Paige, and Amanda. This definitely makes the top 5 of my favorites books of 2021. And though I always have a huge TBR pile I can't wait to read any and all follow up books about the Lang family. I wish I could give this more than 5 stars.

I received a digital copy for review from Covenant Communication via NetGalley. I also bought an ebook for my personal library. All thoughts expressed in this review are my own.
Wow, I have so much running through my head right now and so much I want to say.  Most importantly, I loved this book.  The whole concept with the four authors and a dual timeline where we start in the past and then spend the rest of the book in the present day was genius.  It was like the best of both my favorite worlds- historical fiction and contemporary.  There was mystery and adventure, danger and treasure!!.  And yes, there was love.  It all combined to give me a story that had me invested and interested from beginning to end.  The ending had me on the edge of my seat with anticipation.  I loved it so much!

Honestly, the historical loving part of me wanted more of the past.  I wanted to follow each of the Lang siblings all the way to the end.  I wanted "the rest of the story"!  (anyone old enough to get that reference there?)  We get some details filled in throughout the story but it just wasn't enough for me.  Greedy, right?  Yeah, I know.

I'm so hopeful that these authors will do more of this.  Please let there be more of this.  Will anyone write the Lang siblings stories?  Please?  I know.  I'm greedy and I'm a beggar.  That's what book love does to you.  It makes you a greedy beggar.  😂

Content:  peril, some violence, death.  Kissing.

- I received a complimentary copy of this book.  All opinions expressed are my own.
I was incredibly impressed with the collaboration. I never would have guessed that the book was written by four different authors. The stories flowed seamlessly together. The plot worked well as an overall whole rather than bits and pieces strung together. It was really well done.

Getting to know the voice of these authors a little bit, and watching for their writing styles allowed me to guess whose writing voice belonged to which characters. However, that just made the reading of the story more fun and never pulled me out or added discontinuity.

I was pulled in again and again by their collective tension building. I loved how they worked in the historical details and then brought it all into the present and gave it meaning and depth.

The whole story felt real and genuine in a way that just heightened the suspense. I really enjoyed this whole book and am crossing my fingers for more collaboration from these four!
I cannot believe this book was written by four different authors! The writing flowed together seamlessly!

The story begins during World War 2, and Karl Lang and his two sisters are fleeing their home to escape the Nazis. This part of the story is told from Karl's perspective, and it was riveting. A few chapters later, the perspective shifts to Anna, who is a granddaughter of one of Karl's sisters. Her perspective is the main focus for the rest of the book, although it does shift to two different cousins in later chapters. While I saw how the other two cousins were important and tied into the story, I think the book may have read better if it had simply been from Anna's perspective. The other cousins' stories felt a little rushed- the writing was great, but it's hard to tell a full story for each character in just a few chapters. I understand that there were four authors writing on this project, but I would have liked the book a little more if they had simply stuck with Karl's perspective and then picked just one cousin.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who likes historical fiction with a splash of romance. Well written and intriguing.

I received and advanced reader's copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
When I first heard about the idea of having four authors write a collaborative book rather than an anthology I was worried. I didn't think it would work, but wow! Just wow! This book is absolutely INCREDIBLE! It flows seamlessly and I couldn't figure out where one author started and ended. The characters are so much fun! I love all the individual stories and how they all intertwine. The plot is brilliant. I loved how we got to meet the ancestors that the rest of the book is based on. I absolutely loved Karl and honestly was super sad when the book moved to present day. Cole, Tess, Lars, Anna, Bram, and Beckett are all amazing characters! I really was so blown away by this book and could talk about it for far too long! Go read this book!!!!
If you are looking for an action packed romantic suspense novel, look no further! With dual timelines and a family mystery, this book is great for readers of all genres!

Synopsis:
Falcon Pointe has fallen into the wrong hands after some foul play back during WWII. Almost 80 years later, descendants of the property are discovering clues that might lead them to the greatest treasure of all. But will they find it before the bad guys can stop them??

Review:
From beginning to end, this book does not slow down! It starts off at the beginning of WWII when this all gets set into motion. It’s nail biting suspense that leads right into heart stopping action in the present day. With great strong female characters who don’t shy away from danger, a CIA cousin who gets involved, and love interest side characters for all, this book has it all.

I was slightly surprised at how seamless the book was, having 4 great authors working together. If you are a fan of any of the authors, you will love this book!

Content: mortal danger, attempted murder, people die, hostage situations, long lost family reunions
Romance: Heart pounding budding relationships, with a few shared kisses

Thank you to Netgalley and the authors for a copy of this book. This review is my own opinion and in no way biased.
This is a great suspense novel expertly woven together by four wonderful authors! I love how seamless the story is between each author so we have no idea where one ends and the other stops. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat. I loved how there was the perfect blend of history that set us up for the family trying to figure out what happened in the past. Great book and can’t wait to read the next one.

I received a complimentary book from publishers, publicists, and or authors.  A review was not required and all opinions and ideas expressed are my own.
3.5 years stars because the second half ruined the story for me.

I really enjoyed the style and the beginning of the book and I could not put it down. The middle in the present day was still quite interesting but then it went down the hill. I wonder if that's because it is written by so many people and it seems like a number of genres are mixed up together.

One love story, I get it. But each character meeting someone special is just so cheesy that I could no longer take the book seriously. I wasn't prepare for a cheesy romance novel when I picked up this book.

The last 20% were unbearable and I skipped through most of it to the end. It reminded me of a Hollywood action movie, promoting violence and pointless never-ending fighting scenes. Some people might enjoy it, but not me. The ending by that point lost its beauty and was not very gratifying.

When I was younger I didn't mind reading about spies and James Bond type of books but with time I realized that CIA, the violence and crimes that they commit should not be glamorized like this. Moreover, the end is so contradicting with the letter talking about the Langs family and love for one another which was beautiful but all that gold, diamonds, precious jewelry, original paintings, etc. why would any family or any person would need to accumulate so much wealth? With that kind of wealth the Langs family could have helped so many people and it took them to go through a war to learn how to live a regular life. Why should I feel sad and heartbroken over a downfall of an extremely rich family when so many poor people suffered so much more before the war and after? A lots of provoking thoughts, very little gratification. If the end was written as well as the beginning, I would have forgiven these shortcomings but unfortunately I found the second half very ordinary and predictable.

Thanks to NetGalley for a free copy in exchange of the free review.
This book was so fun! Mystery, suspense and romance! It starts off in Austria in the 1940s. World War II and Hitler’s reach is seeping into Austria. Leopold Lang helped decode codes in WWI and now his one time friend, now a Nazi officer, comes knocking for his help. Leopold has a few options left.
🧳
The action and suspense sucked me in right away! The Lang children narrowly escaped the manor but their journey for freedom is just beginning. I can’t imagine the terror and heartache they felt the rest of their lives, by the Nazi’s actions. And how it took generations to amend.
🧳
Present day, the heirs of Leopold Lang are living their carefree lives knowing nothing of the past. Many events change their lives in a short amount of time. Who can they trust? Codes, puzzle pieces and keys fall into place.
🧳
I’m astonished that 4 separate authors worked on this because it’s seamless, one voice and no indication that the prose was different.
🧳
There has to be more, right?! It was satisfying but I want more! This is the first book I’ve read by some of the authors but I will be looking at other books they’ve written and eagerly waiting for any word of a sequel!
🧳
Content: fighting, mild fear and suspense of attackers, murder
🧳
I received an e-arc from the publisher and Net Galley. These are my own thoughts and opinions.
This book was so seamlessly written, it did not feel like 4 different authors! Each author brought a unique voice to their characters, but the quality of the writing was the same the whole way through. I loved the way each character came together and the way we learned more about their ancestors through their discoveries. It was suspenseful, with a few twists I didn’t expect. I’d love to know more of these characters!