Cover Image: Would You Rather? Family Challenge! Edition

Would You Rather? Family Challenge! Edition

Loooooove the idea of this book. Would You Rather is one of our favorite family talks around the dinner table. This make it a challenge game, which is so cool. And it has some really interesting Would You Rather topics and selections. This is a perfect book for road trips or car rides or dinner topics, or just family time...for all ages. It creates really great conversations.
This was an enjoyable family read while taking a road trip. Highly entertaining.

My daughter, who is 8 years old, loved the different challenge questions and kept us busy an entire 4 hour car ride.

Would you Rather - family Challenge is a fun book to share as a family. The book covers numerous subjects (history, geography, sports, science, art, nature and entertainment) and is broken down into sections. This book is a fun book to use for creating conversations with your children and for bonding time with them too.
I loved the certificate at the back of the book for the winner too!
This would also be a handy teacher resource for I'm the classroom for discussions too, however it would be dependent on the ages of the children as may not be suitable for all ages.
Our family loves playing Would You Rather?  This edition was super fun giving some guided questions and new topics to discuss.  Perfect for dinnertime or roadtrips where your kids are captive and you want to keep them engaged in conversation.  If you're not familiar with this game or just want some help with dreaming up ideas, this is a helpful, fun book full of discussion prompts.
This is a very fun book. We have the cards game. This book has STEM twist to it. very cool, fun questions that both I would like to ponder as well as give kids a chance to learn about the future.
This is a great resource for families of course but could also be useful to clubs, schools, libraries, and friends. Full of great conversation starters. This is the first time I’ve seen that question turned into a game. Could definitely generate interesting conversations!
This is a great book to keep on hand for dinner time conversations or even a long road trip. It brought on lots of giggles and discussion!
Review from my 11 year old son - "the book is great because it give you a choice and give a competition and different subject."

We reviewed the book over dinner on a school night and took turns asking questions. It was a great conversation starter for the whole family, And there wasn't a single question we all agreed on! So much fun looking into the thought process of my two boys (11 and 9), and my husband (37).
I teach 5th grade, and every Wednesday during our Morning Meeting time is “Would You Rather” Wednesday. I post a “Would you rather?” question for my students to respond to (many times using @Pear_deck). We take time for a few students to share their reasoning for their choice. I’ve been wanting some fresh questions to ask on Wednesdays; thank you @NetGalley and Z Kids, an imprint of @PenguinRandomHouse for an eARC of Would You Rather? Family Challenge! Edition.

I love how the questions are categorized by topics: Super Science, Nifty Nature, etc. When I want to choose a question from this book, I could find and use one that matches a curricular area of study. There are definitely “just for fun” questions, too, especially in the “Fabulous Fantasy’ chapter. This book is set up as a family challenge, where family members’ answers/reasons are awarded points based on the humor, creativity, or logic. (A rotating family member “judge” awards the points.) There is a winner each chapter/category, and a final champion of the book! I definitely plan to try this competitive-type Would You Rather? with my family. With my students, I might just get question ideas, or perhaps even create a rubric about what makes a thorough response. I see that there is also Would You Rather? Made You Think! Edition; I’m interested in looking into that book.
A fun family or friends game that encourages critical thinking and imagination. Includes eight rounds with 20 questions in each round of Would You Rather? topics of Science, Nature, Sports, History, Entertainment, Geography, Arts, and Fantasy and even includes an award certificate for the winner. A great way to have a family bonding experience and/or to create discussions.
There is a problem with being able to read the text. I can only see part of the question. It might be the first part I can see but not the second or vise verse. I have asked for a corrected ARC. This way I can give the book a fair rating.
Although some of the questions are thought provoking and can lead to insightful conversations, this does become quite repetitive in the style and would have preferred some other types of challenges and games as well.
We do a family game night as often as I can get everyone together. It’s fun and has brought us all closer. This book will be a great addition to our selection of games.  I’m glad that I got the opportunity to “read “ it. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read an advance copy for my honest review.
This was a fun book based on the popular game Would You Rather? It’s perfect to read alone or share with a group. It really gets your mind going and is also a lot of fun in the process.
This was a lot of fun, lots of questions about this process that. My family loves the service thing, and the students do as well. This would be a great discussion starters and I wouldn’t. I would encourage you to double check if you want to use any of these in the classroom to make sure that they were appropriate for your age group.
We love playing this game and have really enjoyed looking through this book! Highly recommend to anyone with kiddos. Very fun way to pass the time!
I live in a house-hold full of children and it was so sun to share this delightful game with them. These questions provide the opportunity for wonderful conversations and provided a lot of insights into how they think and make decisions. We laughed together, pondered things and just got to use our imaginations together. Topics include science, nature, sports, history, geography, arts, entertainment, and fantasy, so there truly is something for everyone. A great bonding opportunity for anyone who is inclined to share themselves and learn about others in the process.

I received a complimentary copy, with thanks, from the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are solely my own and freely given.
This was a really fun book. It would be an awesome addition to a road trip to create some device free fun. I can just imagine the laughter and ridiculousness that would ensue due to this book.
Thank you to NetGalley for providing a preview of this book. I was excited to read this to my 8-year old because she is all about the ‘would you rather’ questions. However this book is not what we had expected. The pairs of questions didn’t really seem to go together and the kindle format was awful. Perhaps the physical book may be better with regards to formatting but the content was not great. My child lost interest pretty quickly. I doubt I would purchase this book nor would I recommend it to other children her age.
My kids LOVE would you rather questions.  Those posed in this book are right up their alley and prompt interesting (albeit often weird) discussions.

I don't fully understand turning the questions and answers into a game and we mostly just ask the questions and chat from there rather than following this formula.