Cover Image: When Harley Has Anxiety

When Harley Has Anxiety

Such a fun and interactive book for children aged between 5 and 8 to learn with their parents on how to cope and handle their emotions and anxiety in their life. A hedgehog called Harley has anxiety and learnt on how to be brave and how to reduce anxiety to become more aware of emotions. Harley teaches the children with help from parents or carers about the emotions behind anxiety which can cause children to withdraw from social events and activities. Utilising CBT [cognitive behavioural therapy] with illustrations and activities to learn and practice certain strategies to overcome anxiety and manage and alter to being more positive thoughts, emotions, behaviour and physical reactions. Very similar to another book called Starving the Anxiety Gremlin By Kate Collins-Donnelly. Recommended for fans of Stefan G Hofmann PhD,  Cathy Creswell, Monika Parkinson,
Kerstin Thirlwall, Lucy Willetts. As I suffer from anxiety as does my boys I will be keeping the book handy so I can help and teach us how to overcome anxiety and to practice activities so we can keep our newly learnt skills up to date.
 #WhenHarleyHasAnxiety #NetGalley.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zeitgeist, Z Kids via NetGalley for my honest review of the book.   The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own thoughts, feelings and viewpoints of the book.

Publish date 24 August  2021 for Netgalley, posted on my WordPress blog, Facebook blog, Instagram, LinkedIn, Amazon.com.au, goodreads, along with the non-linked retail online stores that sell the book is at:

My WordPress blog link  is http://bluefalkon95adorationofallgenres.wordpress.com  I have 27 followers
My Facebook reader blog page link, is https://www.facebook.com/BlueFalkon95-Readers-blog-104660277776984 I have 27 followers
My Amazon.com.au link is:   Sorry I do not have any followers, I have a reviewer ranking #10,871 now #6,489 on 18 November 2021 with 3 helpful hints.
My Amazon.com link is: No followers and reviewer ranking of #8, 975, 735 on 18 November 2021.
A Cute picture book that helps kids deal with anxiety, heck I think it could work for adults to. We need more picture books like this with other tough topics.
As a person who suffers from anxiety and depression I found this very cute book my sister is a teacher in my plan on purchasing a copy for her class Honestly should be in most classrooms.
When Harley has anxiety is an amazing book geared toward children and management of anxiety. This book will provide helpful tips for children and their caregivers in reference to: identifying feelings, labeling feelings, identifying anxiety, discovering what may cause anxiety, and learning coping strategies.  This book fills a niche for the management of anxiety in young children. Anxiety is described including: thoughts, feelings, and behaviors so that the child can understand what anxiety is. The illustrations assist with making the book appealing to younger readers. I highly recommend this book for parents, psychologists, guidance counselors, and anyone helping young children with anxiety. Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the advance review copy in exchange for my honest review.
This is a cute idea to share with young children.  It is beneficial for everyone.  We can learn a lot from Harley.
I wish this book was around when I was a kid who was dealing with anxiety. It was full of helpful worksheets that would help children identify emotions and the situations that might make these emotions arise including the thermometer graph where they can actually track their emotional "temperatures." Since the focus of this book is anxiety, there are exercises to teach about triggers and how they can cause anxiety, as well as knowing how anxiety affects their body. There is a very big section on self-care and relaxation techniques, as well as games to keep a child grounded and in their body using the senses, which is a great coping mechanism when dealing with anxiety. This is a fantastic resource for kids with lots of cute illustrations and fun coloring and activity pages that help take the scariness out of dealing with anxiety. *Advance copy provided by the publisher in exchange for my honest review.
Helping your child fight anxiety can be distressing for both parent and child. This book is a tool for both parent and their children to know the triggers and how to fight them. I found this book very helpful and useful. It helps diffuse situations and a great read for children to see that they are not alone.

A special thank you to Zeitgeist and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review
So glad I found this book! Such a great book for kids who deal with big feelings. Cannot wait to recommend this to my patients!
A very cute idea to share with young children.  Everyone can benefit from this.  Harley has many lessons to teach us all.
It’s rare you see anxiety represented in children’s books. But it’s important to note that while children are very young, it’s not optional for them to choose if they get anxiety and when they get it. I find it really beautiful with very young children in my family, that authors are willing to explore these type of topics in books since it’s rarely represented. I do love it when children’s books give a comforting direct confrontation  with these things it’s valuable to children of all ages and I adore it I really do. Which is why I say it’s always a delight to read in children’s books because what other way to show children it’s ok to have these things then reading about a hedgehog who deals with the same stuff? I loved this I really did and this was absolutely a 5 out of 5 stars read!
Harley likes board games, art projects and reading. She goes to school, plays with her brother and friends. Her life is quite quiet and simple.

However, sometimes she feels different.  Any noise frightens her, she sees dangers everywhere or feels she is being chased.

When this happens, Harley doesn't know how to avoid it and by the time she is aware of her reaction, anxiety already dominates her every action.

This can happen to anyone at any stage of life, although it is more common in children during periods of transition. Fear of the new and the unknown can provoke reactions that are beyond their control.

When Harley Has Anxiety is not a therapy, nor is it a substitute for a doctor. It is a tool that provides proven information and very useful tips for identifying and treating anxiety.

When Harley Has Anxiety is a beautiful activity book designed by Dr. Regine Galanti, a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in cognitive behavioral therapy. It aims to help children identify what makes them anxious, under what circumstances, and how to learn to manage it.

It proposes a great variety of activities, very simple to follow but whose effectiveness lies in the constancy with which they are carried out. It is an interactive book that starts from a very basic point and progresses little by little and proposes activities to put into practice everything learned.

I liked it a lot. I think it is an interesting book and that we should take into account both for its usefulness and its format. A must that should be in all schools both as reference material and to put it into practice if necessary.

Highly recommended.
This is a book that truly promotes healing and personal responsibility. I like how the author encourages the reader to examine their behavior and what they can do it change it.

The book covers topics such as identifying emotions, finding triggers, goal setting, and self-care. These are all things that we as adults need to have awareness of, but sometimes we haven’t had the opportunity to reach that point yet. Therefore, I could see creatively oriented adults using this book to help with their own inner child work.

As for using the book with children, many parents might find it best to do the book with their child as opposed to assigning it as independent work. It should also be noted that if you are looking for a self-contained workbook, this isn’t it. Some of the activities require additional resources like glue, food coloring, glitter, sticky notes, and baking soda. You could possibly skip those activities, but your child might not want to.  Some of these activities can even be adapted for classroom use.

Overall, I feel that this is an impressive resource that can be used in a variety of ways.

(I did not purchase this book, I received an advanced reader copy).
Anxiety hits children in different ways and modes.   This is a workbook that helps deal with emotions, specifically anxiety, worries and fears.    We learn about triggers and healthy thinkings.

The beginning of the book has a disclaimer;  it suggests you consult a physician or mental health professional before doing the exercises.
This is a cute workbook for anxiety. The author does a great job of simplifying this to a child's level. There is a lot of great information in here and some helpful tips for parents. My 8 year old has been in therapy for a year for his anxiety and honestly, this pretty much covers everything he's currently learned. There were a few things he potentially could use but I think if your child has been in therapy for anxiety, they've probably been taught most of this. I'm wavering between best ages for this workbook. My 8 year old would probably find parts of this super young for him and then other parts too old for him to read and understand. It's not bad at all, but not anything too different than what's currently out there.
𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖
𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: When Harley Has Anxiety
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫: Regine Galanti
𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Children's Fiction
𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐇:
• A fun and engaging book that explores the concept of anxiety for children. The book incorporates a character throughout the text to support the narrative and includes interactive activities and exercises
• This book comprises a wide range of activities such as crafts, drawing, and mindful exercises which are easy to perform
• The illustrations are cute and vibrant
• Great resource and introduction into a discussion on anxiety for children

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬: emotions, anxiety, coping strategies and activities for children to understand and cope with anxiety

𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫: young children + parents/guardians/teachers

Thank you to @NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐠: 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐣𝐨𝐲.𝐜𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐠 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞.
When Harley Has Anxiety is an indepth workbook that a school aged child can do independently and with help. The illustrations present reletable situations. The thoughts, behavior, and body feeling triangle help children and parents understand how anxiety builds up. Anxiety is not completely internal. It's alarming how many adults function with some form of anxiety. Overall, the book would be a useful tool for therapist and/or parents that suspect their child may have anxiety.
I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgelley

This book has really helped my 8-year-old son with autism thank you so much for writing it.
I am so hapoy books like these exist for kids now. I think it could help a lot of kids identity their struggles rather than suffering until they finally get diagnosed. How many kids will read this and feel a huge weight fall off of them as they realize what they feel is okay? I think its best to learn how to cope at a young age and this book could help so many kids!
I was recently diagnosticated with anxiety and even though I kinda knew it for a while, it is still something new for me. And because my anxiety makes me pretty scared of trying new things or getting into big projects/tasks, I decided to start with a book that explains anxiety to children. I do not remember having books like these when I was a child, I did not even know at that time that anxiety exists.

There is a part that I really enjoyed in this book, where the author said that anxiety tells us that something is dangerous, but it is not always right. And the fun fact is that emotions were compared to a smoke alarm because they sometimes go for a tiny reason (e.g. you are cooking with a little bit of wine).

Really enjoyed this book! 5 stars!
This is a great book for children who may experience anxiety and a great resource for their caregivers on how to help children recognize and help with their big emotions. It is written simply so that younger elementary age children can understand the questions.

This book will help children name their feelings, identify things that may trigger anxiety as well as how to cope in different and handle their anxiety and stress. There are plenty of interactive activities to keep kids interested in the book.

There is a lot of useful info this book and I would recommend it to teachers, parents, grandparents and other care givers.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for an honest review.