Cover Image: Christmas Surprises at Mermaids Point

Christmas Surprises at Mermaids Point

I didn’t realize upon requesting that this book was a novella in a series, but it’s definitely still readable. The characters are cute and enjoyable. It was a quick read being a novella, but also had enough plot to leave me satisfied. I’m definitely interested in reading the other books in this series now.
As a fan of the Mermaid Point series I loved the chance to catch up with some of my fav characters but this is definitely more of an epilogue to the previous books and a prologue to the next than a story in its own right. I enjoyed it but don’t think it would be worth reading if you haven't read at least one of the two previous books in the series. I can't wait for book number three now.....
by: Sarah Bennett
Boldwood Books

This Christmas novella is book three of Sarah Bennett's Mermaids Point series. Set in the seaside community of Mermaids Point, the series' characters are preparing for Christmas festivities, and there is a lot going on in family, friend, and love relationships.  Bennett skillfully created an interesting ensemble cast and offers readers an opportunity to get to know them better amidst the beautiful setting and holiday season. Fans of this series will look forward to the next book in the series.
Thank you to Net Galley and Boldwood Books for the advance reader's copy and opportunity to provide my unbiased review.
#ChristmasSurprisesatMermaidsPoint #NetGalley
This was a really good read. Easy story to follow, charming setting and great characters. Really enjoyed it.
Christmas Surprises at Mermaids Point by Sarah Bennett is a wonderful, sweet, and festive novella that is a great addition to an amazing series.

This book ties in with its predecessors: Summer Kisses and Autumn Dreams at Mermaids Point. While one does not have to read the previous two books to enjoy this one, it honestly would enhance your experience if you did so.

I loved the inclusion of past characters and introduction of some new/tied in characters for this one. It left me feeling warm, fuzzy, happy, hopeful, and in the Christmas spirit.

I love this series and am looking forward to the next book.

5/5 stars

Thank you NG and Boldwood Books for this wonderful arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion.

I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication.
This is a lovely novella set in Mermaids Point. It features the characters Laurie and Jake, and Tom and Nerissa who were in the first two books. It is a little like an epilogue for their stories. The novella goes into more detail about Alex, Ivy, Nick and with a little teaser about Aurora. It is like a prologue for the last two books in the series which are out next year.
I really enjoyed reading this novella, it is short but sweet. I am really looking forward to reading the next books in the series.
Thank you to Netgalley and Boldwood Books for my ARC.
With the arrival of Christmas at Mermaids Point you can feel the festive atmosphere and the desire to enjoy a few days of vacations, parties and laughter with family and friends.

Laurie has more work than ever before thanks to a last-minute idea that has been very well received by her clients, but has left her with very little free time. She's happy, however, because with this effort she and Jake are closer to achieving their goal of buying a house.

Linda has taken the reins of her life and nothing remains of the woman who came to Mermaids Point. She has not yet decided what she wants to do with her life in the future, but for now her goal is to travel and see the places she has always dreamed of. She would also like to help her son and Laurie achieve their dream, she sees them working so hard that it's only fair, although she does not yet know how to approach the subject.

Nerissa and Tom are still enjoying their new relationship. Nerissa would have liked to have more time alone together or for their relationship to have started differently, with a little more romance, but things have worked out this way and she is happy. She is slowly adapting to her role as stepmother and despite the minor setbacks, she believes her life has changed for the better.

Christmas Surprises at Mermaids Point is very reminiscent of the reunions of old friends as we meet again with characters from previous novels but in a different way, closer and with much more joy to see how they have evolved and what has happened in their lives.

This time the author lets us know briefly how all the characters we already knew before have fared, although she focuses on the life of Laurie and Jake, the main characters of this story. She also gives us more information about other secondary characters which makes us think that in the future they will have their own novel.

It has been a real pleasure to read Christmas Surprises at Mermaids Point and to meet again such endearing characters. I really like and am surprised by the way the author puts us back in the plot. She doesn't repeat herself and gives clues or details that surprise and whet our appetite.

This series is the perfect read for any time of year and if it's Christmas, even better.

A real pleasure for readers.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

This lovely, gorgeous book is heartwarming and is like an epilogue and a taster of what’s to come in the next books.

Meeting the characters of Mermaid point and finding out what they are doing as they prepare for Christmas 🎄was lovely. Tom and Nerissa, Jake and Laurie’s relationships are progressing. There’s also Ivy and Alex, who feel something, but nothing happens as yet. Nick, hasn’t totally forgotten about Aurora, both living their separate lives………

It was so enjoyable to visit Mermaid Point, and I’m so looking forward to the next books  of the series.

Highly Recommend This Series.
Thanks to netgalley for the chance to read this book.

It’s Christmas at Mermaid point and we catch up with all the characters from the previous books getting ready for Christmas.  Tom and Nerissa and settling down for their first family Christmas. Jake and Laurie and still very much in love and planning their future together.  Another 2 relationships (Ivy and Alex and Nick and Aurora) look like they are on the cards but not quite ready to take things further.
A novella, enabling the reader to continue the story of the mermaids point community. I read this straight after reading Sarah’s previous novel Autumn Dreams at Mermaids Point which I thoroughly enjoyed .
This book had  all the charm of The previous book however , I have one complaint, it was too short !
This book had great characters, a plot which flowed, great location and festive magic !
Loved it !
Thank you to Netgalley, Boldwood Books and Sarah Bennett for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review
I was eagerly waiting for this book having read the previous two books, I loved this book it’s such a tease, I am looking forward to reading the next in the series or even two more …… get writing Sarah
by Sarah Bennett
(Book 3 of 4 in the series)
Pub Date 22nd October 2021
Christmas is a time for love, laughter, families and friends, and in Mermaids Point, everyone is getting ready for the festive season.
For Nerissa and Tom, this will be their first Christmas as a couple, but making sure they have time for each other, whilst blending their families, will take some careful planning. What festive traditions will they make their own?
Laurie and Jake are flat out running Laurie's seafront café, packaging up orders of mince pies, sausage rolls and other delectable Christmas goodies, as well as finding time for Jake's journalism. But when Jake's mum offers them an unexpected gift, their plans are turned upside down.
Alex can't help but be charmed by beautiful and talented Ivy, but he's still recovering from his ex-wife's betrayal and has a secret life he's not ready to share with anyone yet. But as the Christmas spirit starts weaving its magic, Alex may find himself ready for love sooner than he imagines.
For Andrew, nothing is more important than family. As friends and family gather beneath his roof it's a time for reflection about what the future might hold.
As far as Nick is concerned, pop sensation Aurora Storm is the 'one that got away'. After they shared a brief holiday fling, he has been thinking about her ever since. Is Christmas the perfect time to finally reach out to her, or is love at first sight just in fairy tales?
Christmas Surprises is a lovely way to join in with the new and familiar characters of Mermaids Point. We join them all as they prepare for the festive season.
The author wonderfully encompasses all you expect from a Christmas story, love, drama, romance, and family.
After reading, you are left with a warm glow, and slight disappointment as Spring Promises at Mermaids Point, book number 4, is not due out until March 2022.
This story can be read as a stand-alone, but I suggest you read the first two books as several references are made to past events.
Oh, and by the way, they are a great read too!
Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point
Autumn Dreams at Mermaids Point
I want to thank NetGalley, Boldwood Books and author Sarah Bennett for a pre-publication copy to review.
A lovely short story to catch up with the mermaids point family. Can't wait to see what the next book brings.
It's a sweet and festive story but I struggled a bit as I found it confusing, too many characters in a short story.
Not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for accepting my request and providing me with an ARC of Christmas Surprises at Mermaids Point.

It's a novella following Autumn Dreams at Mermaids Point, I quite enjoyed it. I loved how the author in this one continued the story while narrating it by different people other than Tom and Narissa. We've got to see a glimpse of their lives and how their story is developing. It's a cosy read and as I've said about the previous one I loved the relationship between friends and family and how it continues in this book with perfect description details.
Perfect for fans of short stories, cosy vibes, multiple characters, family gatherings, and much more.
This novella was different than I was expecting. I loved how it did not just focus on one couple and what happened after the two books of the series. I think it continues a lot of plot lines and allows for the author to tease a few of the novels that will be coming up in the series. I love how it ended on a cliff hanger and you have no idea which couple is going to be focused on next. I liked that the author gave details to what had happened in previous novels so if you had not read them, you would still be able to understand what was going on. I love the characters and how they all related to one another. I did get kind of confused with all the names and remembering who was who, but it was not super difficult to understand once there was some explanation. I am super excited to read the other two books in this series and everything else this author has written.
I enjoyed this shorter edition to the mermaids point series. Greta characters, a great setting, interesting relationships and a Christmas feel - lovely!
I found this book very difficult to get in to as the story line was very disjointed and the characters were poorly developed.  It had some nice Christmas touches but that couldn't redeem the book.
This was a little novella set in the Mermaids Point series. I really liked the christmas setting and seeing the characters I knew from other books. I'm also super excited to read the next full book in the series which we get a little hint of from the author at the end.
This is a short novella set in Mermaids Point. It was nice to connect with all the characters we'd met in the previous two instalments of the series and in a slightly Christmassy atmosphere.

I loved the fact that the author gives us a preview of the next two instalments in her note at the end of the book. Can't wait to read them all!

Thank you to NetGalley and Boldwood Books for providing me with an arc in exchange for an honest review.