Cover Image: Buried Bones

Buried Bones

Thank you publisher and NetGalley for me this ebook copy!

Buried Bones by Leigh was a great suspense story!
This book blew my mind away. It was hard hitting and full of suspense and twisted reveals.
I thought this book was excellent. The story got me hooked throughout and I really liked all the twists and turns. The twist at the end I eventually realised what it was but still I thought it was excellent. There was not a dull bit of the story and I was desperate to find out what happened!
Thank you again for the opportunity to read this awesome book! Can't wait to see what's next!
Love the Widow’s Island series!  My only complaint is that they’re novellas and end too quickly lol
Thank you NetGalley!
I’m don’t usually read novellas but if it is written by Melinda Leigh, I’d read anything. While this is part of an ongoing series… I jumped right into this and I loved it! I will continue to read all books in this series!
This book has it all strong characters, action, fast paced, plenty of suspects,  family and a community I want to visit again and again !
Buried Bones by Melinda Leigh is what good storytelling is all about. I loved the character Patience and hope to see her in more upcoming books. The story grabbed me from the first line and did not disappoint. It's a short read but does not lack in solid storytelling, good character development, and a good mystery

I look forward to reading more books by Melinda Leigh.

#BuriedBones #NetGalley
I was given a copy of this novella by the publisher via Netgalley, but would have definitely have read it upon release as I am a big fan of these authors. I love returning to Widow’s Island and the cast of troubled characters. Tessa stumbles upon buried bones when she is out for a hike. She and her fiance Logan, Park Ranger work to to discover why no one noticed that this young girl had disappeared and who committed this horrible crime. For me the investigation was quite straight forward. The ending will leave Tessa with some demons but she has Logan and her friends and family to support her. What makes these books for me are the characters and their backstories. You really should read these books in order to fully appreciate them. Can’t wait for the next one.
If you love a quick suspenseful mystery with beloved characters from the past this is your read.
Tess and Logan are back investigating a young woman’s murder. I just love there Widows Island short stories that pack a powerful punch. These pages keep flying until the very end.
Crazy good!!
The Widow's Island novellas are like comfort reads for me. From authors I love that you know your going to get a great mystery with strong female leads and a wonderful secondary characters.

Deputy Tessa Black and her sister discover a body during their hike. When they find out the identity of the victim and that no one has been looking for her, Tessa vows to get justice for the victim. She does this all while caring for her teenage sister, her mother who has Alzheimer's and with the support of her fiancé Park Ranger Logan Wilde.
Buried Bones is the seventh novella in Widow Island series authored by Melinda Leigh and Kendra Elliot. If you have been following the series, you'll be very happy to see the familiar faces and get a catch-up on their lives.

Deputy Tessa Black has a complicated family life. Her mother has been diagnosed with an early onset dementia and, naturally, taking care of her is taking its emotional and physical toll on Tessa and her much younger half-sister Patience. Luckily, there's Logan, Tessa's fiance, her rock of strength, who's been invaluable in providing much-needed stability into Tessa's household. The whole island community is pulling together to take turns to keep Tessa's mother company.

Patience and Tessa's hike comes to a quick end when they discover a half-buried body. The police quickly identify the victim and start a murder investigation which requires quick thinking and plenty of solid police work when several suspects emerge.

The pace is excellent and there is plenty of action packed into this fairly short story. Melinda Leigh has a very engaging writing style that kept me turning pages, Who would have thought a small island can become the setting for so much drama?

Looking forward to reading the next story in the series.
Having never heard of this author or series, I was intrigued when reading the summary of this book. It's a good fast-paced, quick read (it's only 10 chapters long), that just kept rolling along. if all the books in the series are like this one, they are definitely ones that I would pick up and read.

Overall, it was a good and quick read, I read it in three or so hours with breaks. It's very well done for a work that is so compact, it's got enough action to keep you engaged, but also enough character interaction to want to know more.
Again good book but I really don't care for short stories! I saw this author and quickly requested this book lol I didn't realize it was a novella ! This book was a great read , it had suspense, intrigue, action , murder and mayhem! The storyline kept me interested the whole time! But it was way to short for me! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this quaint little book

never a fan of novellas but there is something about this series and how the author writes that you can actually forget this is a short story

so much is packed into this book

a hike leads to the discovery of a body
once the victim is identified and the post mortem reveals that in fact it is murder, the hunt is on to find the killer and with not a lot of detail to go on and that nobody has reported the victim as missing, its difficult to find where to start

it was great to come back and see the regulars in this series and catch up with where they are at...roll on the next one in this series

always a pleasure to read a melinda leigh book