Cover Image: Sunrise Over Pebble Bay

by Della Galton
Approaching forty, she’s yet to land the role that will launch her television career, and she’s desperate to be a mum.
Her new man, Phil Grimshaw from the Bluebell Cliff Hotel, seems the perfect match but seems to be in no rush to settle down.
Having ditched her childhood sweetheart and fiancé, Tom Boyd, when he backtracked about being a dad, Olivia dreads making the same mistake again.
Rocked by confessions from both her sister Ruby and Tom, Olivia knows it’s time to make some life-changing decisions.
Then a terrifying incident off Chesil Beach changes the course of her future and brings Olivia to question everything she values and loves.
Della Galton is a wonderful raconteur and has proved it yet again; from the instant you open this book, you find yourself charmed and captivated. Sunrise Over Pebble Bay is a passionate, touching, feel-good, uplifting tale about seizing the day and following your heart.
I want to thank NetGalley, Boldwood Books and author Della Galton for a copy to review.
This book was so heart warming but also included the right about of humour and wit. If you’re a fan of small town romances this one will be right up your alley!
A gorgeously uplifting romantic book. With wonderful characters a great story line and will leave you smiling from ear to ear.
First off, this is a fair book, and one that kept my interest, but must admit I struggled at times and skimmed at times as I just didn't feel a strong connection with the characters. Not sure why. Olivia and her sister Ruby and Phil and others are fine, but the best way I felt was looking in the window at them, instead of being beside them in the room. Would still recommend though, and it did keep my interest throughout. I would give it 3.5.
I have read another book by this autor and so i was interested to read this title. It's set in the same location with some familiar settings, such as the Bluebell Cliff Hotel. However, you don't need to have read the others to enjoy this book. And enjoy it I did.
It was a wonderful feel-good story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I enjoyed the locations as they are somewhat familar to me and I could imagine the characters in the settings. The characters were likeable and varied.
I'd recommend this for a good, lighthearted read.
Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for the ARC to review.
Della is another of the wonderful authors published by Boldwood Books that I have started to collect without actually having read any of them yet. I have a lot of faith in this publisher and trust the many brilliant reviews I have read. Well this introduction to Della’s writing did not disappoint! I want to read all her books now. The writing is superb and the characters are so well described that I now feel like I know them in real life and I am sure to miss them now that I have finished the book. Please write more stories where these characters can reappear.

What to expect:

✅ baking cakes… makes me want to bake again!

✅ babies, some want them desperately and some don’t… although babies play a role in this book it is not all about babies

✅ a special relationship between Olivia and Aunt Dawn… it was so heart-warming

✅ growing/deepening bond between Olivia and her sister Ruby when Ruby gets unexpected news

✅ beautiful setting in and near Weymouth

✅ a sweet octogenarian… he just made me smile a lot whenever he made an appearance

✅ strong characters that are not quick to throw in the towel. If I had been in Olivia’s shoes I am not sure I could have persevered like she did in the face of several challenges she faced in various aspects of her life.

✅ romance between Olivia and Phil, but will it last especially when her ex Tom tries to stir up trouble?

✅ the blurb mentioned a terrifying incident on the beach, so throughout the whole story I got anxious anytime they were near the beach and then when the incident was finally happening I got a stomach ache and tears in my eyes and was unable to put the book down

✅ overall a heartwarming and cozy read, perfect for this time of year… or any time of year to be frank.
This book is set on the beautiful Dorset coast and is an easy read. The characters are a joy to read about. An excellent read, which I highly recommend.
Another great read from Della Galton. Lovely getting to know characters old and new. I love the setting around Bluebell and Pebble Bay. I really enjoyed the book and look forward to more by Della. I love the way it has a homely feel to it and you want to cosy up and enjoy reading it.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for an ARC in exchange for an honest review
It is lovely to see real life places used well for these settings, The characters really come to life making the whole novel a pleasure to read and enjoy.  Although this is a Christmas romance it is not just based on one couple which makes this more interesting. Emotions are high as well as low but read it for yourself to find out what happens. 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher for this e ARC
A sweet book that had me interested from page one. Easy read, and a focus on the characters, the business (which I like!) the journeys they go on... and romance, of course!

Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book really drew me in at the start, which was great, as I really love it when the start of a book sparks my interest and keeps me reading on.  Olivia, who is a baker and an actress, is a lovely person and I really liked her and enjoyed reading her story.  She splits with her long term boyfriend and goes out with someone new, but will they last?  I liked Olivia's relationship with her aunt and they worked good together as a team.  I really enjoyed the whole story and the characters and I was left feeling fulfilled and happy.

Many thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
It was lovely to revisit some of the characters from the Bluebell Cliff Hotel. Chesil Beach, known as Pebble Bay sounds stunning and you get a real feel for life on the coast. Olivia is at a difficult time in her life, approaching her forties and is desperate to be a mother. You get to see how this works out for her with some surprising twists along the way. She loves her family and can see clearly the effect her parents attitude towards her and her sister had on them as they were growing up. Her relationship with her aunt is so close and there are some moments to make you smile there.

You can see different models of parenthood in several of the characters in the story. Phil and Olivia's relationship is close and affectionate but there are some secrets there which threaten their future as a couple. Set against Olivia's anguish are some lovely light moments. I loved all the cake making and Phil's on-going 'feud' with Mr B does raise a smile. Gorgeous scenery and some vivid characters- what's not to like?

In short: romance with an edge
Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the book
Olivia Lambert is a really talented and busy woman. Trying hard to land a part as an actress, she runs a bakery where she turns out cakes that are masterpieces!

Having ended her relationship with her childhood sweetheart and fiancé, Tom Boyd, because of his hesitancy to commit to starting a family, Olivia is very careful in her new relationship with Phil Grimshaw. Phil is an actor too but works as a  maître d’hôtel. He doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to settle down either, but Olivia is too busy and quite raw from her break-up to want more.

When Phil decides to make an appearance again, things get complicated. Olivia has to choose between a person who has broken her heart before and steady, supportive Phil.

Olivia is longing to be a mother, but with her reaching her 40th birthday, she sees no hope of that. I could really empathize with her trying to make a successful career, but also wondering whether this dream of hers will come to pass.

How Olivia and her more successful sister re-discover each other and heal their past and move forward is another aspect of the story I enjoyed.

I love the character of Olivia and Phil, but also Olivia’s aunt – her confidant and supporter.

This a lovely wholesome read. Friendship. Family. Romance. And a deeper message about letting go and letting life lead you.
4.5 Stars

Losing yourself in a Della Galton novel is always an absolute joy and she has once again penned a terrific novel you will not want to put down: Sunrise Over Pebble Bay.

Olivia Lambert feels as if she’s running out of time. With her fortieth birthday fast approaching, Olivia is scared that her long-cherished dreams of becoming a mum and a famous actress will never come to fruition. She has yet to land a role that will propel her into the limelight and she is single after ending things with her former boyfriend Tom who backtracked on becoming a dad. Olivia made the mistake of trusting the wrong man once before and she is adamant that she will not do it again. Olivia is happy in her relationship with hotelier Phil Grimshaw, who seems absolutely perfect for her, even if he is in no rush to settle down.

Olivia refuses to give up on her dreams even if time is not on her side. But when shocking revelations from her sister and Tom come to light, Olivia feels as if the rug has been well and truly pulled out from under her feet. Rocked by the devastating confessions that have been unearthed, Olivia finds herself questioning everything she values and loves. The time has come for her to make some tough choices and life-changing decisions. Will happiness ever be within reach? Will Olivia ever be a mum with a fulfilling future? Or is she destined for a lifetime of regret and disappointment?

Della Galton has the storyteller’s gift and from the moment you open one of her books, you find yourself completely immersed and involved in her story. Sunrise Over Pebble Bay is a heartfelt, emotional, feel-good and uplifting tale about going after your dreams, life’s twists and turns, hope and renewal that lifts the mood and touches the spirit.

Della Galton creates wonderful characters readers fall in love with and Olivia is a great heroine you cannot help but cheer for, relate to and keep your fingers crossed for.

A first class tale from a gifted writer, Della Galton has done it again with her sensational new novel, Sunrise Over Pebble Bay.
I have been a fan of Della’s work for a while now.  I haven’t quite caught up with everything that she has written to date but I am getting there.  I read the synopsis for ‘Sunrise Over Pebble Beach’ and it certainly sounded like the light hearted and fun kind of read that I have come to associate with Della.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Sunrise Over Pebble Beach’ but more about that in a bit.
I have to be honest and say that it took me a little while to get into this book, which has more to do with the fact that I was tired and finding it hard to concentrate for any length of time when I began to read the book rather than anything else.  Once I got into the story then that was it and I was away.  I found it difficult to put the book to one side for any length of time.  I had taken to the character of Olivia so well that I had to find out whether or not she got her ‘big break’.  At times I couldn’t turn the pages of the book quickly enough as I worked my way through the story.  I found ‘Sunrise Over Pebble Beach’ to be a gripping and fun read, which at times made me well up and at other times made me chuckle.
‘Sunrise Over Pebble Beach’ is extremely well written but that’s true of all of Della’s books that I have had the pleasure of reading and reviewing.  Della has one of those writing styles that is easy to get used to and easy to get along with.  In fact reading one of her books feels more like a chat between friends than reading an actual book.  I hope that makes sense.  I love the way in which she creates such realistic, lovable and relatable characters, who are impossible to dislike and who end up feeling more like friends than characters in a book.  I felt as though I was part of the story and that’s thanks to Della’s very vivid and realistic storytelling.
In short and overall I did enjoy reading ‘Sunrise Over Pebble Beach’ and I would recommend it to other readers.  I will certainly be reading more of Della’s work in the future.  The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 4* out of 5*.
5☆ A Feel-good, Cosy Romance.

Olivia runs a cake decorating company, With a lil help occasionally from her Aunt Dawn. She loves nothing more than to get lost in her decorating and fulfilling the weird and wonderful orders and making people happy.
But her true passion is Acting, that's what she wants to do more than anything.
However it's not easy out there to get a lucky Break. As her boyfriend Phil knows only too well as he is an Actor too.
Oh and she also is desperate to start a family, she just needs to let Phil know!

There's so much I loved about this book, I adore baking too so I could really relate to Annie. Especially when things go wrong and how much time it takes to get things right.
I felt for Annie and her knockbacks whether it was job wise or her shock revelations.
Oh and the location and the ambiance Galton created was perfect.
But for me my favourite character was Aunt Dawn, she stole my heart. What an eccentric and Loveable character.

Sunrise Over Pebble Bay is a Feel-good, Heartwarming and Humorous Read that had a good sprinkle of Romance, delicious Cakes, loveable characters and a beautiful location. So snuggle up with a slice of cake and a steaming hot drink and grab a copy of Sunrise Over Pebble Bay!
'Sunrise over Pebble Bay' by Della Galton is a contemporary romance that is set in a place I have spent many a sumer holiday in. Dorset with Chesil Beach and Durdle Door not far away from where we stayed every year just took me right back to my teenage years! I adored this book which is a standalone but does feature characters from other books by Della Galton.
 We meet Olivia, a woman who is holding two jobs down. One as a cake maker and the other being her attempting to make her name as an actress. All the time just wishing she could be a mum. Her previous ten year relationship broke down when her ex, Tom, decided he didn't want children. She is in a pretty new relationship now, with Phil, the Maitre'D of the Bluebell Hotel. The one thing she doesn't want is to repeat her last relationship, but does he want the same?
 As soon as I realised where this book was set I felt like I was in my happy place reading this. Della Galton's descriptive writing had me from the first chapter. Her description of the smell of a cake almost had me dribbling! I haven't read any of the other books that are connected to this one but, now I know where they are set and after reading this, I would love to read the others...if only to revisit one of my favourite places in the U.K and see what Phil got up to before Olivia came along!
 Such a warm, feel good story with characters that I really found relatable. Even Olivia's need for a child, to me, was normal for her age too. They are all very well drawn and feel real. The sense of place is excellent, and I could recall Chesil Beach from memory with Della's description making it crystal clear for me. I did find that I enjoyed the fact that the serious issues were very well balanced with the humour and lighthearted parts of the story. We see Olivia having to deal with her sister dropping her own bombshell that she has to  try to get a handle on for her own sanity, but we do see their relationship develop throughout the story too.
 A story of family drama, relationships and even romance with Dorset as the setting creates a book I revelled in. I was so eager to discover how Olivia and Phil got through with Olivia's uncertainty of Phil's viewpoint on children. I didn't want to stop reading until I had to do something else..it was a glorious escapist read for me.
 Thanks to Rachel's Random Resources and Boldwood Books for the copy of the book.
by: Della Galton
Boldwood Books

With a stunning setting of Pebble Bay, author Della Galton's new novel is as brilliant as the shades of a morning sunrise over the English county of Dorset. As disappointments, aspirations, dreams, and promises emerge, Olivia and Pete navigate the direction of both their careers and personal relationship.
     Both smart, driven, young professionals, Olivia and Pete are dating but haven't quite mastered the art of communication about their future. Olivia, a runner, is cake maker with hopes of progressing in her acting career. Pete works at the Bluebell Hotel and also does work as an audiobook narrator. Romantic love, as well as relationships with co-workers, family, and friends are key in Galton's story, with unforgettable side characters such as Olivia's eccentric Aunt Dawn and sister Ruby.
     Galton excels at meaningful dialogue, engaging plot, and creating a warm, beautiful community atmosphere. Whether she's describing Olivia and her Aunt Dawn's cake creations, or the atmosphere of the shops and cafes in the seaside town of Weymouth, she vividly paints the pictures with her words. Readers are left satisfied and uplifted, and wanting to visit Chesil Beach in Dorset, a place of Galton's inspiration for the book.
Thank you to Net Galley and Boldwood Books for the advance reader's copy and opportunity to provide my honest review.
 #SunriseOverPebbleBay #NetGalley
Olivia is working two jobs in Weymouth a cake baker and an actress. Phil her now boyfriend s lovely and easy going however will she have the same disappointment she had from Tom?
Great characters,  great writing, a lovely area to write about. All in all a great read. Having been to Weymouth on numerous occasions it was easy to visualise the area.
I make no secret of how enthralled I’ve been by the Bluebell Cliff series, I have loved each one, but this was a league apart.  I have always enjoyed the strong comedy elements of this series and was surprised that this instalment was more serious. The comedy was still there, I had a few laughs, but it was a change to handle more grownup themes.  That said, it worked beautifully.
Olivia is a wonderful lead, and I soon found myself rooting for her as she dealt with life’s twists and turns.  From dropping a top tier from a cake, to revisiting the high jinks of pranksters Phil and Mr B, her life is filled with fun and thrills.  Her greatest challenge is her ever ticking body clock, and her desire to settle down and start a family.  Her relationship with Maître D’, Phil, is new and broaching the subject of children seems a long way off, but she doesn’t believe that she has time to waste.
Of course, nothing runs smoothly and she’s soon reacting to the curve ball scenarios of a remorseful ex and a chance to audition for a career launching TV role.  She doesn’t see how she can be both a mother and a successful actor, and neither does her ex.
Whilst dealing with her personal challenges, she continues her gentle relationship with the lovely Phil Grimshaw.  He understands her and shares her desire for acting success.  They have a great deal in common, but it’s hard to gauge how committed they are.  That’s before a terrifying incident causes her to reconsider all her options.
This gorgeous book was completed in one night.  I literally inhaled this story, loving all the twists and turns as Olivia navigated her way through the options in front of her.  I was on ‘Team Phil’ from the start, as he’s long been a favourite character in this series, but Della left me guessing what would happen and even drew on her own life experience to add an additional Olivia’s to her conundrum.
As an aside, I’ve since visited this area and even stayed in the hotel which inspired the Bluebell, and that trip made it even more enjoyable.  I am grateful to Della and Boldwood Books for the prize.
This book can be read as a standalone story, but the rest of the series is truly lovely and well worth checking out.