Cover Image: Beautiful Botanical Embroidery

Beautiful Botanical Embroidery

Even if you never plan on embroidering anything yourself, this book is full of gorgeous designs that can just sit on your coffee table and you can pick it up to leaf through and enjoy some delightful botanical embroidery when you want to relax your brain. But if you do enjoy embroidery, and especially if you're a beginner like myself, Alice Makabe categorizes her designs by colour and offers a wide range of design suggestions for your clothing, gift bags, brooches, towels, or even just artwork for your home.

Beautiful Botanical Embroidery provides the readers with all of the most important information about the tools and materials needed to start embroidering on your own, including which sizes of needles can be used, how to prepare your embroidery floss, and even how to correctly place your fabric inside the hoop. Various techniques are also listed and explained step by step using images to make things clearer, and finally, many design templates are provided together with detailed instructions.

Huge thank you to NetGalley, Alice Makabe and Zakka Workshop for the advanced reader copy.
*I read an ebook version of this book courtesy of Netgalley.com.

This is a book that I would like to have on my shelf. I have done cross stitch for many years. Recently I started embarking on the freedom of embroidery. While I still love cross stitch, there is something freeing about being able to stitch any design I want to draw.

The best part about this book is not just the embroidery but also the sewing projects that are included at the back of the book. I love the simple, beautiful layout, and the way that the instructions are not crowding the gorgeous pictures/samples.
This is a lovely book of 30 projects to do and the projects themselves are rather pretty .  It would be a nice change for me to do this rather than cross-stitching.   Each project provides a full-size template that you trace onto your material along with the floss colours you should use to achieve the same effects.

However, the first thing that I didn't like about it was that each project's completed photograph was at the beginning of the book with the project steps at the rear, along with your tools and materials, embroidery techniques, and the stitch guide.  The techniques are basically mentioned but it assumes you already know how to do stitches, there is no proper instruction, so if you are unsure how to do a french knot then this book doesn't show you how.

Personally, I prefer it when the photograph is with the project instructions and the tools and materials, techniques and guides are at the beginning of a book.  Makes it easier to follow rather than having to keep looking backward and forwards at what you are trying to make.

I received this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.
I want to thank Netgalley and the author for gifting me the ebook. Beautiful designs. I cannot wait to make something from this book.
Beautiful book with many modern designed that could be easily reproduced with a little embroidery experience. The pictures and instructions are clear and concise ,easily followed. I could be spending many long winter nights this year happily trying to reproduce some of the projects in this book.
Absolutely gorgeous gem of a book.
I was worried at first since the first third/half was all pictures of the projects, and I was starting to wonder if I was going to be able to pull them off. Thankfully, the instruction is there. The methods and materials are all laid out in an easy-to-understand way. The best part about the patterns is that they not only include the embroidery potion, but also instructions on creating gorgeous items, such as the bags themselves - so you don't need to search high and low for a bag with the perfect fabric in order to make the item correctly, you can simply make it yourself.
While this is a nice book with lots of ideas based on colours and with templates to embroider them yourself, I think the fact that the pictures first showing the embroidery and the template design were in two different sections of the book difficult. I personally think it would have been better to have the two side by side for each design. The techniques and tips were useful, with pictures to illustrate how to do it.
The book was really beautiful.
Instructions are very clear and even beginners can follow the steps easily.
This book is full of many simple, yet beautiful floral designs for embroidery.  The designs included can be used for a variety of projects.  All of the designs include supply lists and easy, step by step instructions with lots of pictures.  This book would be great for any level of skill.  I only wish it had printable patterns included for the projects.
I love Embroidery. The Use of Nature and the Botanical Theme is Beautiful.

If you enjoy embroidery, there are many fantastic projects in this book. I especially liked that there is a project that shows how to do embroidered buttons. This was so pretty and will add so much to a sweater. Just loved this special detail.

So, love the book, the photographs, and recommend it to Embroidery Lovers.

Thank you NetGalley,  Alice Makabe and Zakka Workshop for a copy of this book.
This book is stunning! Each of the botanical patterns have versatile usages from tote bags to aprons to small and large decor on any linen cloth. The patterns at the end are easy to decipher and easily transferable onto fabric. For both beginners and experts, this book provides creative challenges to the embroidery craft in the best ways possible!
Thank you to @netgalley and the publisher for this free eARC.
I love embroidery, I find it really calming after a long stressful day.
The patterns in this book are lovely and delicate, yet so versatile. You can use them in pretty much anything that you can think of.
I would buy this book without a doubt.
Looking for a way to add flowers and other botanical things to your stuff?  With beautiful pictures and descriptions, this book shows you many way to add botanicals to your stuff.  I LVOE this book!
A easy to follow step by step on doing different embroidery stitching for floral patterns. Good tips and I like the detailed layout. Nice for beginners but more experienced cam also learn. Would recommend.
Thank you to the author, Zakka Workshop and NetGalley, for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I echo other reviewers that the projects and photography were wonderful in this book. The biggest issue is that an electronic copy of the book would make doing any of these projects difficult. I would definitely need the hard-cover book to do these projects. They are really beautiful!
Beautiful accessible and well designed projects with clear directions and just enough hand holding to produce nice final projects.
Beautifully laid out, this book is a treasure trove for embroidery hobbyists.  Whilst it is not really for beginners,  the tips included  are very useful.  Whilst some items may seem a bit overwhelming at first, it is well worth sticking it
 through and doing additional research on the stitches mentioned in the book.

Recommended for those looking to take their embroidery skills to the next level.

This book has gorgeous photos and lots of wonderful ideas for botanically inspired embroidery. I found myself wanting to run to the nearest store to stock up on everything I would need to get started. However, much of the essential information that a beginner like me would need is missing. Some of the stitches are included in a one-page stitch guide right at the end of the book, but there are no clear instructions given, and the end of the book is not where I would logically expect to find that type of information. The other thing that bothered me was that all the photos were one after the other, and then all the instructions were one after the other. Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer to have the instructions together with the picture. All in all, beautiful projects, but you will need to know at least the advanced basics of embroidery.
I loved the delightful projects in this book and would recommend a hard copy if you want to create any of them.  The electronic version is much harder to navigate. This book covers a number of beautiful botanical embroidery designs and projects with some interesting and original ideas. I think it would appeal to crafters of any medium and those interested in plants and nature.
There is something in this book which will appeal to everyone from complete beginner to the more experienced stitcher.

The projects in the book are beautifully presented and sparked my interest in getting back to my embroidery. The templates and printable patterns are such a brilliant added extra,

I would definitely recommend this book which any stitcher would be guaranteed to enjoy.