Cover Image: Beautiful Botanical Embroidery

Beautiful Botanical Embroidery

Beautiful simple designs suitable for everyone including beginners. I really like how it’s split into colours. I will definitely be embroidering some of the designs
A great book if you are looking for some classic yet unique botanical embroidery patterns! The book is well laid-out with photos of the designs at the beginning, then the pattern templates in the next section, along with thread suggestions and helpful tips. At first I was a little overwhelmed because I don't know all of the stitch names and how to do them yet, but at the end of the book there is a diagram with how to stich each stitch needed! I'm looking forward to using a few of these patterns, particularly the owl and the trees!

Thank you to Netgalley and Zakka Workshop for an e-ARC!
Lovely book to make items and improve their looks with embroidery -excellent! Lots of ideas and examples to choose from.
Such a beautiful book, very well illustrated and easy instructions.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Beautiful Botanical Embroidery delivers on its title: the photographs are stunning, the embroidery is intricate, and the instructions are helpful.

I loved this collection! As someone new to embroidery I found the instructions helpful.

Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This appears to be a beautiful book, with some inspiring and original designs.  Unfortunately my review copy did not have any templates for the designs, so I am not able to comment on how clear or helpful these would have been.  Also there weren't many photographs but I assume there will be more in the hard copy.
The book looked potentially very interesting but the review copy did not give me enough information on which to base a full review.
I love embroidered flowers and this book is just up my alley! The patterns are so pretty and delicate, more than enough to brighten anything made out of fabric. Clear instructions and diagrams are given to sew the final projects featured here though, so it’s really up to you. Full size templates and diagrams are provided so you won’t go wrong.

Zakka workshop has such wonderful craft books. I’ve come to expect nothing but the loveliest of books with really great diagrams and instructions for making awesome things!
I received a free copy for review from NetGalley. I love to embroider/craft and this definitely caught my eye. It is a lovely book laid out with beautiful pictures of the embroidery and various projects. The designs are quite graphic, and while they seem relatively simple, they are very stylish, textural, and lovely in their simplicity.

I like how she included a botanical alphabet pattern as well, and all the templates in the back for the various designs, as well as some simple sewn projects to feature the patterns, like little bags. These are very achievable projects for someone less experienced with embroidery, but also fun, and satisfying projects with someone with experience too. I think that, after previewing the e-book, that I would be tempted to get the hard copy for my own collection of crafting books and these patterns would be very nice on simple articles of clothing, or on a cafe curtain for my side kitchen window, or some of the bucket bags I make too, from recycled jeans. I suspect that some of them would translate well to smaller designs for mini hoops for pendants/broaches/ornaments, or for bead embroidery too.

Yes, I quite liked this and will be putting it on my wish list for hard copy books too.
An excellent book for people looking into embroidery and the slight nuances of the field. Stunning, helpful graphics and analyzable, helpful motifs that make you want to delve deeper into the folds of embroidery and truly appreciate it. The instructions are thoughtful and amazing; truly a wondrous book for anyone interested in embroidery, either as work or just a simple hobby!
A pretty enough selection of embroidery ideas! However it's quite short and the choices are not that unique compared to the countless embroidery books out there. Also there's no templates which is a bummer.
One of the themes I like the most in embroidery are plants and flowers and this book is all about that! I still have a lot of problem with leaves and I hope this book will help me improve them!
Beautiful images, projects that inspire you to get out the embroidery threads. The projects are much more inspiring than the usual embroidery projects.
Stitches used are explained and tools required are listed.  Only drawback  - and a major one at that  - the embroidery templates do not appear.
Is this because the book is on Netgalley? Would make me hesitate to purchase the e-book .
Beautiful Botanical Embroidery is a wonderful guide to embroidering motifs inspired by nature. The projects range in difficulty, so there is a project for crafters of all skill sets.

The book begins with a series of projects that the author has stitched up. They’re sorted by color palette, which I thought was interesting. The projects range from simple embellishments on cloth to more detailed designs on aprons and bags. From there the author provides a guide for tools you will need to begin your embroidery journey and instructions for all of the stitches you will need to follow these designs. The illustrations were helpful and easy to follow. There are also tips for transferring these designs to your intended fabric.

I really appreciated the varying level of complexity with these designs. I’m a beginner stitcher, but feel like I could tackle some of the larger projects.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this eARC.
In 'Beautiful Botanical Embroidery' you can find step by step instructions of embroidering flowers and botanical motifs, but the book is rather short and there are only a few patterns shown and no templates. I think that templates in craft books are the most important bit. They enable us to actually try to create patterns from the book. I was rather disappointed looking through the book, I wouldn't buy it.
An absolutely gorgeous book filled with projects both large and small.

An avid embroiderer (or an adventurous beginner) will love this book of exquisite embroidery designs. There are small projects like embroidered earrings and a brooch, as well as more ambitious ones, like handbags. The diagrams are full-sized, and the author provides instructions at the end on how to make the stitches. There are no extremely complicated stitches; mostly outline stitch, running stitch and lazy daisy, as well as French knots. Near the end of the book are instructions for how to make these stitches. There are also instructions on how to transfer the motifs to your fabric.

The samples photographed were made using Olympus thread, but on page 60 is a conversion chart to DMC thread colors.

I absolutely love this book and will look for more titles by this author.
Pros: In an incredibly stressful year like 2021, creating art through embroidery is one of my favorite ways to distract my hands from my phone. I have embroidered many sets of tea towels using iron-on transfers, but I’m always looking for new stitches and techniques. I was drawn to this book because it focuses specifically on botanicals, which feature prominently in the kinds of embroidery patterns I am drawn to. The projects photographed and featured in this book are lovely and inspiring—I saw several things I wanted to start working on immediately.

I took notes as I read this book on projects to come back to, and here are some of my notes:  My favorite project was the owl on Page 15! Also, I had never thought to embroider jewelry—the broach and earrings featured on page 18 were lovely. I loved the floral-inspired numbers on pages 34 and 35 and letters on 38 and 39 and am trying to come up with a project where I can use this technique.

Cons: Although the author/artist does a great job making this book accessible to embroiderers of all skill levels, there might be some embroiderers who struggle to learn by reading a book. For those visual learners, I suggest watching some how-to videos on YouTube to supplement what they learn in this book.

Thank you to NetGalley and Zakka Workshop for the opportunity to read this book!
This is a genuinely gorgeous book, with a nice variety of embroidery patterns. The instructions for every step of the construction process, from transferring the design to sewing the embroidered fabric into finished objects, are very clear. I appreciate that it includes the sewing-up instructios, as many other books rely on ready-made products, which can be harder to find. Beautiful Botanical Embroidery is approachable enough for an advanced beginner (or an adventurous one) but still has enough to keep a more experienced crafter interested.