Cover Image: Unmissing

Unmissing

This book has twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seats. One minute you think you know then bomb shell not what you thought at all. Highly recommend.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the advanced reader copy. This is my honest review.
First Minka Kent book for me! Will it be my last? No, because the writing and pacing were good (if not, I woud probably give a 2-star rating). I just hope the protagonists of her other novels act with more realism than in Unmissing! I can appreciate crazy plot twists, but I need to believe in the actions of the characters, and it wasn't the case here. All in all, a fast but forgettable read.

Many thanks to Netgalley and Thomas & Mercer for the ARC
Lydia went missing while out for a hike more than 10 years ago. Her husband, Luca, and community searched, but nothing was found, questions were left unanswered, and she was eventually declared a dead person. Now a decade later, Luca has managed to rebuild his life from the ruins of trauma – a restaurant empire, sea-side mansion, shiny second wife and 1.5 babies – he sorted himself well for someone who went through such an unspeakable loss.

That is, until his missing bride stops being a memory and returns from the dead.

A compulsively bingeable book. Between a rock and hard place, this twisted love triangle will keep your interest from beginning to end. Just when you think you know how the pages are going to unfold, takes a sharp right to remind you who is in the driver’s seat.
Sadly, this went from awesome to meh real quick. I had high hopes for this one. But it failed miserably to get my attention.

Thanks to Netgalley! Hoping for a better read next time!
I really enjoyed the first half of the novel. It was well paced and moved fast. But then the second plot twist happened, and I was disappointed. The why and how was just unrealistic for me. I still enjoyed it, but didn’t love it.
I have read a couple of other books by Minka Kent and enjoyed every single one. I cannot wait to read more.

The story introduces you to Lydia who has been missing for 10 years when she finally made her way back to her husband, only to find out that he has moved on with a new wife, a daughter, and another baby on the way. Everyone believed she was dead....

Throughout the story, you will go through the ups and downs Lydia experiences to get her life back that was taken from her too quickly. Lydia was kidnapped and tortured and wants revenge but also had no identity to start her new life. Some blackmail is in store and a great plot twist to make you not want to put it down.

Minka Kent is going to be an auto-buy for future books. This one helped me out of my reading slump.
It was so not what i expected. It was written in both views of the wife's. It was pretty nerve wrecking, at the beginning you think you know what is going on and then BOM, so not what I expected. What would you do, if your husbands dead wife comes in your life again? I don't want to spoiler it, but it was definitely a suspense story and so worth the read.
Overall 2 star read. There's no such thing as a perfect life.  What happens when such said perfect life comes to a screeching halt. What and how far would you be willing to go to retain that perfect life? How far would we go to solve those secrets while protecting our own secrets? Based on the synopsis i couldn't wait to read. Unfortunately, the author couldn't carry through with the story. The actions of the main character made no sense. The deeper we got into the story, the less i cared about the main person. Some actions were actually laughable.  Felt cheated in the end. I've read other books by the author, I know they're capable of a good book. Unfortunately, this ain't it.
All the praise for Unmissing. Minka Kent is a favorite author and I know I am in for a treat when she releases a new book. This book kept me on the edge of my seat. Highly recommend adding this author and this book to your list.
Honestly, this one fell flat for me.  It was pretty predictable and I was able to guess the twist.  Also, I felt the storyline was good but not executed well.  There were definitely a lot of holes in the story, which made me not enjoy it much.
I really loved this book!! It had so many twists and turns. It kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next!! This was my first book by this Author, and it won’t be the last!! Quick read!! Highly recommended!! You won’t be disappointed!!
This is one of my favorite plot setups I’ve come across in a while. What an insane scenario that is just ripe with possibilities. Ultimately I didn’t love the direction the author chose to go. It was a little too similar to many other books in this genre and thus was a bit predictable for me. That said, I read 80 bajillion (hyperbole, what’s that?) thrillers, so for your average reader who does not, I imagine this wouldn’t be as much of an issue
It was a decent book I wasn't super into it but I didn't dislike it. It just didn't stand out it reminds me of the kind of book you pick up at a library book sale or a bargain book store. Fine but not special.
I wanted to love this book and at first, I did. There were unexpected twists that literally had me gasping aloud. However, when I thought more about it, the twists were so shocking because the reader is misled. One of the characters changes completely despite telling parts of the story from that characters point of view.
Overall, I still enjoyed the book and the concept was good, I just wish that I would have been given subtle clues that would come together at the end instead of feeling duped.
While this book seemed to have a lot of promise, it didn’t deliver for me. There were some good twists, but very predictable. The characters were not very likable, which I think left me not caring too much about the outcome. It was fast paced, but pretty unbelievable.
A great thriller from start to finish. I was on the edge of my seat and devoured it in one sitting. Absolutely loved it. It has a hell of a twist.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Thanks for the ARC. What can I say? I didn't  want to put this book down once I started reading it. I did but could not wait to get back to reading it. I loved it. Will recommend!
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

So good! Didn’t see any of the multiple twists coming. Binged this one in less than 24 hours.
I've read a few books by this author, and I'm really becoming a fan. I thought the story was gripping, and it had some good twists at the end. Definitely kept you guessing! I can't wait to read more by this author.
LOVED THIS BOOK! I enjoyed the setting, the characters and al the questions that this book constantly threw up and all the answers that eventually come to light by the end. Lots of secrets and stories makes this one a riveting read!