Cover Image: Unmissing

Unmissing

A pacy, gripping read with some surprising twists, told from two viewpoints. I read it quickly and enjoyed getting to know both main characters, always sensing there was more going on than met the eye. I did have an idea, which turned out to be right, but it didn't spoil the story, and I didn't guess the ending!

Will look out for more by this author.
I was pretty sure I'd figured out the book, but it had some more surprises in store. That's that stuff I like. (I'm sorry; I'm still terrible at talking about books I enjoy.) Anyway, no, it's not the most believable story, but it's fun.
This is an amazing domestic psychological thriller!  My first by Minka Kent but it definitely will not be my last!  There were several unexpected twists and turns that make you just keep turning the pages.

Lydia went missing 10 years ago and randomly shows up at the door steps of her husband’s (Luca) house, when her husbands’ new wife, Merritt, answers the door.  Since Lydia’s disappearance and declaration of death, Luca is well off and happily married with 1 child and a baby on the way.  Trying to regain Lydia’s life is complicated and there are so many hidden secret that make it so intriguing.

*****Published 2/15/22.  Thank you NetGalley, Thomas & Mercer, and Minka Kent for this advanced reading copy.  This ARC was provided for my honest opinion!
This is the first book I’ve read by Minka Kent and I absolutely loved it!

I was drawn in from the very beginning and was completely entertained through to the final twist!

I love the short and fast paced chapters which alternated between Lydia and Merritt. Lydia was Luca’s first wife who went missing 10 years ago and was declared dead. Then one night she shows up at Luca and Merritt’s door and then the craziness begins.

If you like domestic thrillers with unreliable narrators, I definitely recommend this one!
Uffffda, this is a wild psychological thriller. Lydia went missing and was presumed dead. Her husband, Luca, remarries and has a beautiful family with Merritt. One night Lydia reappears and tries to settle into portions of her old life with the help of Merritt and Luca. Merritt grows suspicous and wonders if there is more to Lydia and her tragic situation than she is aware of. I don't want to say more because I do not want to spoil it. This was such a fantasic read and I want to read more from Minka Kent. This is a tale of secrets and suspense.
There has been a lot of buzz about this book and I can see why!

Luca and Merritt are living a comfortable life with one child and another on the way when a knock on the front door changes everything. Lydia, Luca's first wife who disappeared ten years ago and was legally declared dead, is standing at the front door claiming to be "unmissing". Lydia tells a story of how she was kidnapped and tortured for ten years by "the Monster". She escapes after the Monster thinks he has shot her dead.

What follows is a crazy story with a twist I did not see coming!

I loved the fast paced, short chapters. I flew through this book.

Thank you to Net Galley for my e-copy.
Unmissing
By Minka Kent
Main Characters:  Lydia, Luca, and Merritt
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the author.
5 out of 5 stars
This was a fabulous contemporary psychological suspense thriller book by an author I love.  You might not think too much of the story in the beginning but it is all a buildup to what happens in the middle and you will have no clue how it all ends.  I was awestruck and certainly, I would not make a good detective. I wanted so badly to read the ending but I just barely held on to my curiosity and was thankful I did. Highly recommend this book and actually all of Minka Kent's books.
She was missing and presumed dead for ten years.  How could she be back?

Lydia was married for three months, went on a run on a Sunday afternoon, and never returned.

But....she has returned. Lydia wasn't surprised that Luca had remarried...why wouldn't he?  She was presumed dead.

She didn't expect that he would be this wealthy and with a beautiful wife and children, though.

Lydia and the new wife, Merritt, become friends, and Lydia tells her what happened to her and about the monster that held her captive for those ten years.

Lydia needs a job and does run into some luck and finds a person who takes her in, and she also finds a job in the most unlikely place.  She finds a job at her ex-husband's restaurant.

Can she do this and return to her life from ten years ago?  She does like Merritt and doesn't want to ruin her life by having her worry about being so close to her husband, but Lydia needed a job.

We follow Lydia as she returns to the town where she was captured and moves on with her life and a few plans.

UNMISSING has a sinister undertone with surprises you will love and not expect.

Thriller fans will love this book and not want to put it down. 5/5

This book was given to me by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.
What a brilliant book! This the first one by this author I have read and I will now be searching for her backlog of books. This a true thriller!
This follows Luca and his current wife Merritt, living a wonderful life with all they've ever wanted. Or is it? Next Luca's first wife, Lydia returns after 10 years missing, presumed dead.
Here the story unravels into  twist after twist, I was honestly floored by the end. I finished this in two sittings and found the narrative quick to follow and read. Narrated in alternating POV's from both the women made for a fast pace. This is a tricky one to review without giving too much away, so please just pick it up and read it!
Highly recommended!
Out February 2022. Many thanks to NetGalley and Thomas Mercer for the advanced reading copy.

Below is my instagram, good read and amazon review.

Another wild thriller alert. I feel like I should change the name of my account to  Thrillers by Lily! Actually that sounds a tad borderline weird! 😂

On to this fabulous book. Thanks to my wonderful buddy reader for this @mama always a pleasure to read with you! 🥰

I’ve not read a novel by this author before, so was unsure of what to expect. Well it took me the first page to utterly hooked! And literally not put down.

We follow Luca and Merritt, happily married and living their dream life. Or are they?
Lydia, Lucas first wife, who disappeared ten years earlier and who was declared dead, knocks on their door one day. Mind blown yet?

From here there are plot twist and turns like no other, the author captivates your attention and takes on on a wild (sometimes, somewhat crazy) ride.
Narrated in alternating POV’s from both woman, made for a fast paced and thriller read. There is so much going on within the pages of this story.

This is a difficult one to review without giving too much away, so do yourself a favour and pick it up!
Released 15 February 2022
An absolutely enthralling thriller full of twists and turns of a family crisis that is the worst possible environment, heightened scenarios.
Intriguing plot - a missing wife presumed dead returns to find her husband remarried with children.
Short chapters, a fast paced and easy read - a proper domestic thriller!
If you love unreliable narrators, this book gives you two.

Thanks so much to #NetGalley
This was my first Minka Kent book and it definitely won’t be my last!

Unmissing is a fast paced thriller/mystery that people who like domestic drama may really enjoy. It’s a quick read, doesn’t get bogged down by unnecessary plot lines or characters, and most of the chapters are pretty short.

The story is told from dual POVs: Lydia, a kidnap victim who reappears after being missing for more than nine years, and Merritt, the current wife of Lydia’s (ex) husband and mother of his children.

For some people, the actions of certain characters will be totally unrealistic but if you can suspend your disbelief or just go with the story, it’s a lot of fun seeing how it all unfolds!

I really enjoyed it! Thanks so much to the author, Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for the digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
It has been a while since I have read a book by Minka Kent and I am wondering why!  I grabbed Unmissing when a reliable friend posted about it on Instagram and I knew that I had to read it.  I love a good thriller with plenty of twists and this one had so many.  I read this in an evening, I just had to know how it was all going to end and believe me when I say you will not pick it.

This is a really hard book to talk about with spoiling anything.  So much that I want to say that I can't! Basically all you need to know is this.  Luca and Merritt have a great life together - happy, rich, one child and another on the way.  So imagine their shock when Luca's first wife, Lydia rocks up to the front door.  Lydia has been missing for 10 years, and has been declared dead.  And boy does she have a story to tell.

Doesn't that make you want to read it?  Told from the point of view of the 2 women, this is a book you don't want to miss.

Released February 15th, 2022.  Thanks to Netgalley and Thomas and Mercer for the advanced copy to read.
Amazing book! Loved this story and highly recommend it! I look forward to more books by this author!
This book was such an example of how a good thriller should be.  The premise alone was amazing.  I did feel like the unreliable narrator of Merit made me like her better than I would have.  Lydia was in such a bad spot- when she went hiking and got kidnapped but it actuality was kidnapped by somebody who knew her a whole lot better than she thought.  Some parts of the book were very unrealistic even though my knowledge of kidnapping and missing bodies is a bit novice.  I did enjoy the the dual pov and the minor flashbacks.  I would recomend this book to anyone who is a fan of thrillers, because this unique plot was done very well.
Just picture this: you are a happy married woman with a baby and think everything is fine.
When suddenly...... you get a visist from your husband's ex wife... Okay, so far so good. If it were not for the fact, that she was supposed to be dead. This happens to Merritt Coletto and the mentioned first wife is Lydia who went missing during a hiking trip ten years ago.
This sets a perfect plot for a domestic thriller as readers of Minka Kent expect when they start one of ther books. Having enjoyed all her previous ones this met my expectations full on.!!
Thanks a lot #NegGalley #Thomas & Mercer for an ARC of Unmissing
I have never heard of Minka Kent. I know I know, how is that possible? I was SO impressed. I am now going to hunt down every book she has ever written.
I was hooked from page one. That has not happened in a very long time! You become completely addicted to the turn of each page . I stayed up all night to finish this book. Be warned: do not start this book late at night or you will be so tired the next day.

Luca was once married to Lydia but about 10 years ago Lydia went missing. Eventually, she is declared dead. Flash forward to the present day, Luca has since moved on with Merritt, who is his wife now. Then....Lydia shows back up!

The twists and mystery is the best I've seen. I was incredibly impressed with this author! I can't wait to read more from her and her publisher.
I did not connect with this title. It did not fit into my reading style and I did not finish the entire book.
Wow!  I am impressed. Minks Kent didn’t surprise me once but twice in one of my favorite new thrillers. I thought it would just be another one of those generic missing mother/child case that are popular in thrillers these days. Can’t recommend enough
I was immediately pulled into the story. The author’s ability to set the stage for suspense kept me guessing on what was going to happen next. I was hooked on the premise and thought I knew where the story was going until I was hit with twist after twist! It was a fast and exciting read that had me turning those pages well after midnight. I have read from this author before and will continue to do so!