Cover Image: Unmissing

Unmissing

⭐ BOOK / REVIEW ⭐

There are about a million reasons why I love #bookstagram, but finding new authors after I see a 5 star review is likely at the top of my list.

Thanks to @blondethrillerbooklover, I stumbled upon #unmissing by @minkakentauthor and y'all ... this book was SOO FREAKING GOOD. I was so surprised at how many shocking twists and turns this one took. I was truly captivated by this story. My heart went out to Lydia the entire time and I loved her relationship with Delphine. There is not much else to say without spoilers, but I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this one!! 5+🌟

Thanks @netgalley for my #eArc. This one drops in February 2022, but snag an early copy of at all possible!!
I was so excited to get the eARC for Minka Kent's latest novel, as I've loved the previous books of hers that I've read! Sadly I did predict what was going on pretty early - at 36% - but there was another twist that I did NOT see coming! Despite predicting the first big twist early on, I still really enjoyed the story how the plot unfolded.
I really enjoyed this title. I liked the twists and turns and the writing style is nice and smooth. The story flows well and kept my attention. Thank you for the opportunity to read this title. I will be recommending this one to friends.
This was another great book by Minka Kent. I couldn’t put it down as I needed to find out what would happen with Luca (husband), Merritt (wife) and Lydia (ex-wife). I definitely recommend this thriller.
Merritt Coletto is happily married to Luca, they have a little girl Elsie and Merritt is eight months pregnant and excited with a new baby on the way.
Late one night while her husband is out of town on business there is a knock at the door. The woman seems to know Merritt however, she doesn’t recognize her. Soon find out and is shocked to discover Luca’s first wife Lydia who for ten years was missing and presumed dead. Yep she is now  '‘unmissing’!

I read a lot of psychological thrillers so this plot is not a new one. I was curious which direction Ms. Kent was going to take. Glad I hung in there ~ as there is a twist that kept me reading.

My first Minka Kent but in reading her “About the Author” I saw she has several books that have me curious so I will surely read another.

Want to thank NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for this eGalley. This file has been made available to me before publication in an early form for an honest professional review.
Publishing Release Date scheduled for February 15, 2022
This is not your run-of-the-mill plot. It's a unique and brilliant diabolical page-turner that starts out so good you can't put it down.
After starting it I had some things come up, I did have to lay it down a few times but wasn't able to keep my mind off of it.
I was engrossed and enthralled. This book is getting 5 stars and I can only hope my next read won't be a disappointment because it's going to be hard compete with this book.
Thank you, NetGalley for approving my request for an honest review.
Unmissing is a highly compelling, and completely unpredictable suspense thriller that I very much enjoyed bingeing!!

What would you do when your husband's ex wife who's long dead for over a decade, walks through your house and knocks on your door, especially when you're 8 months pregnant with your second child?

We have two ladies here - Merritt and Lydia who are also the narrators of the book. Merritt is the current wife of Luca and she'd do anything to save her marriage and her children, especially when Lydia has come alive and determined to stay in their town for whatever reasons unknown.

Meanwhile, Lydia has escaped her captivity and she's determined to stay alive and free close to her ex husband and his family. The tension between these two is so strong and dark and it takes a few chapters to learn more about Lydia's captivity.

The book started off SO well, and as I was about 50% into it, I thought I know everything and it's all a let down. But I was wrong. So wrong!! I was blown away by the twists thrown my way and did not see it coming.

Unmissing is fast paced and set in a breezy coastal town with some unreliable narrators and it's what you call a perfect popcorn read!!
I really enjoy Minka Kent’s writing. It reads effortlessly and is entertaining. The premise of the novel was fresh and — to my knowledge — new. I love suspense/thrillers/mysteries but plots seem to be recycled often. Not this one!
Uhm, excuse me! Say what?! 😱

This fast paced, not long book was absolutely fabulous! I adored how along the way you got reveals that Minka makes it as no big deal or "ka-boom" like most do, yet still leaves you bug-eyed and exclaiming "WAIIITTT! WHAT?!" 😳
This book was fantastic and I have to say out of all the thrillers I've read (which is A LOT!), I've never seen the premise of this one. Absolutely genius! So refreshing to come across a new angle & plots for a thriller! Thank you to NetGalley for giving me a chance to read this!

I give this a wonderful 4.5 / 5 stars.
I loved this book. I screamed WHAT at least twice because there were unexpected twists and turns. I definitely didn’t see a lot of this coming and those are my favorite kinds of books.
What would you do if someone you used to love came back from the dead? Especially if you've already moved on with your life? This thrilling tales explores these questions, and was a delight to read!
This book was sent to me by Netgalley for review (electronically).  This is a book that stays in one's mind...it is not only memorable, it is frightening...what if someone came back from the dead for real?  What would happen to the survivors of the relationship?  What is unmissing?  this title is unique...as unmissing is not even a word we use...unmissing...that tells it all...this author has woven a story...a journey about the unmissing...this is an unbelievable...or is it???? tale of a woman wanting her life back...whew...I don't have the words...
I have read all of Minka Kent's books and I really enjoyed reading "Unmissing". I was immediately interested in the story, wanting to know more about the characters and couldn't put the book down. I recommend this book for any reader who enjoys a good mystery/thriller novel.
This book was middle of the line for me. It sounded really good and had some great twists and surprise plots, but I felt the writing was just mediocre. I skimmed a lot of it and enjoyed the ending, but didn’t have enough to keep my interest page by page.
Every book by Minka Kent will leave you breathless and Unmissing does not disappoint. This was a very well-written book with interesting characters. Luca’s presumed dead first wife, Lydia, appears after ten years but he’s now married to Merritt. Where do they all go from here? No spoilers but this book will suck you in. This is a voluntary review of an advance reader copy. Unmissing will be released in early 2022.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

I just finished this book and LOVED it!

I was let down by her last book, THE WATCHER GIRL- I liked it, I just felt like it needed more. Like it was stripped down to its bones. But, I loved her writing and the characters, so I decided to give her another go and I’m so glad I did! This one is good!! 🙌

Definitely do not miss this one!!
One of the best suspense/ thrillers I’ve read! This book will keep you guessing till the very end! Once I started I couldn’t stop till I finished!! Minka Kent is a fabulous writer.
Unmissing by Minka Kent was a fantastic domestic suspense thriller that I couldn't put down. This particular genre is catnip for me and Unmissing didn't disappoint. I loved getting the POV from both the current wife and the missing/presumed dead first wife. I highly recommend this fast-paced, twist-filled novel.
Merritt Coletto is happily married with a toddler and 8 months into another pregnancy when she gets a knock on her door. Standing there is her husband’s first wife Lydia. The one that was presumed dead after going missing while hiking and vanishing without a trace 10 years ago. Where has she been all these years? Why is she back now? And what does she want?

This is one of my favorite plot setups I’ve come across in a while. What an insane scenario that is just ripe with possibilities. Ultimately I didn’t love the direction the author chose to go. It was a little too similar to many other books in this genre and thus was a bit predictable for me. That said, I read 80 bajillion (hyperbole, what’s that?) thrillers, so for your average reader who does not, I imagine this wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

What was a bit more of an issue is the same problem I just had with Survive the Night where characters just act completely irrationally and in ways no normal person would, because otherwise the plot couldn’t happen. I can’t say more without getting into spoiler land, but if anyone in this book acted like they had a functional brain, it would be over after about 20 pages. That said, I still generally liked this. Weird, I know. I think it was something to do with the writing, which I really enjoyed. You know how sometimes you’re watching a movie and it feels like the actors elevated bad material? It feels kind of like that here, where good writing bolstered a meh plot.

3.5 Stars. This was my first Minka Kent. It definitely won’t be my last. There was a lot I liked here, and I’m really excited to see how a writing style I enjoyed translates to other plots.
Unmissing by M. Kent, published by Thomas & Mercer, is a full-length, stand-alone mystery thriller of it's finest.
Merritt Coletto and her husband are living a good life. A flourishing business, one daughter with another child on the way, they're uberhappy.
Only when someone from the past shows up on their doorstep - in the blink of an eye everything changes.
Lydia, Luca's first wife, who's assumed dead for years, is back - and she brings her own agenda.
Unmissing is a story where nothing, literally nothing is as it seems. Victims, culprits, no one can tell who's who.
This is the twistiest of twisty reads I read in a very long time, and I loved every minute, every sentence, every word, loved the storyline, even the characters and the plottwist, o my, I just can't anymore. Brilliant, just brilliant.
This highly anticipated book delivered everything I could dream of - and more. Outstanding, action packed, fast paced, drama filled .
I highly, highly recommend this gem of a story.