Cover Image: Unmissing

Unmissing

I absolutely love Minka Kent books and Unmissing did not disappoint! The book starts with Lydia and Merritt, both wives of Luca, meeting for the first time. Lydia went missing 10 years ago and had been declared dead. Luca is away on business and Merritt sits on the secret that Lydia is alive.  Lydia is determined to reconnect with Luca and plans on staying in town, but she’s currently homeless and has nowhere to go. Lydia meets Delphine, a local shop owner and kind soul, who is willing to help her. Luca finally learns the secret that Merritt has been keeping from him: Lydia is alive. Merritt and Luca agrees to help Lydia get on her feet, but all of them have motives.

This book was a fast paced, engaging page turner. I had so many theories while I was reading, but none of them compared to the ending. Kent kept me on the edge of the seat the whole way through. I highly recommend reading this book!
A 5 star read!! Lydia reappears after being missing for 10 years. She was abducted and held captive until she finally escaped. She returns home to find her husband remarried with a new family. What at first glance appears to be one story gradually changes into a whole different story you weren’t expecting. The twists are sublime and never stop!
I've had my eye on a few books by Minka Kent, but have not had the chance to read any yet. Thanks to an advance review copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, I was finally able to get my hands on a book by this author. She has definitely been added to my list of favorites in my preferred genre of mystery/suspense/thriller! The description of the book draws you in and the story gets right to it. A happily married couple (or so it seems) has their world turned upside down when the presumed dead first wife shows up. I like the writing style told from alternating points of view, not fluff, and a good storyline. There are no gimmicks or unbelievable plot elements. Its a quick read and has a twist or two that I absolutely wasn't expecting! Would highly recommend reading this book. Keeps you guessing and leaves you satisfied at the end.
⭐⭐⭐⭐.5/5

• such a fun domestic suspense, told in two alternating POVs
• no one is as they seem in this book
• twists I didn't see coming

This domestic suspense thriller is awesome! When the twists started coming about two-thirds of the way through the book, I was like 😱!!! Totally turned the story on its head and the author did it in the most perfect way!

I discovered Minka Kent on Amazon a few years ago. I've read The Thinnest Air and When I Was You -- both of them are excellent! I squealed when I saw this one on NetGalley.

Thank you to NetGalley, Thomas and Mercer and Minka Kent for the opportunity to read and review this book. All opinions are honest and my own.
Oh, finally, a proper thriller. It’s been a minute.
  Minka Kent is actually someone I’ve come to expect reliably entertaining but fairly mediocre entertainment from, so this was a pleasant surprise all around. This was my third read by her and by far the best of the three.
    Why is it good? Well, for one thing it featured not one but two genuinely good and unpredictable plot twists. For another it managed to tell the entire story in a very reasonable (way under 300) page count, meaning it wasn’t as annoyingly stretched out as some/most of this genre’s books that utilize the describe every moment play by play for extra word count methods to beef up the plots.
     This is essentially a story of an unconventional love triangle. You got Luca and Merritt, the happily married well to do family of restauranteurs, whose life is thrown for a loop when the missing presumed dead first wife of Luca’s shows up out of the blue after a decade.
     The story is narrated by both Luca’s wives, the newly unmissing one and the current one. Its dynamic, exciting and dips more than its toes into the murky abyss of dark psychology, criminal and otherwise. The main message here is that you never really know people. Even or maybe especially people you love. Never quite know what evil lurks behind a seemingly normal exterior, never quite know what to expect.
     The surprises the three leads spring on each other in this boo are of a distinctly nasty variety and that’s wat makes it such fun. Excellent, entertaining, speedy read for suspense thriller fans. Recommended. Thanks Netgalley.
What does a woman do when her husbands ‘dead’ wife becomes ‘Unmissing’? What an impossible situation for both ladies! I found myself feeling sympathetic towards them & also not really liking either of them at times. Kent did a good job of painting the two women Lydia & Merritt in a certain light, which helped build up to some things later in the story (and made things more of a surprise). Super quick (short) read, nice to not have a bunch of filler to drag the story on but at the same time I feel like on the flip side there wasn’t quite enough to the story. It felt very ‘short story’ to me. For the story to have been based around Lydia’s kidnapping it seemed almost glossed over like an afterthought. I also feel like maybe they could’ve touched more on their husband Luca’s character and the part he played in both their lives..I mean he’s the husband to two ladies he’s kind of important don’t you think?! I want in his brain for a minute! I had a feeling super early on where the story was headed but not enough that it ruined it & while the entire book kept my interest the last 25-30% really picks it up & at about 70% in gets your ears alert haha. Great quick read! This is my first book by Minka Kent & I’ll definitely be reading more by her -easy read & a good storyline. I dig her writing style she makes it easy to get hooked in quick & that’s often times my issue is getting past the first chapter or so & getting my interest piqued enough to where I don’t want to put it down (she accomplished that!).

Thank you NetGalley & the publisher Thomas & Mercer for the opportunity to read this advance copy in exchange for an honest review!
Love Minka Kent and dove right into this one. Such a great writing flow,  could not put it down. Great mystery. Would definitely recommend all her books.
This is the first book I’ve read by Minka Kent and I was so impressed. I loved all the twists that were slowly revealed as the story unfolded. The alternating narrative between the two wives was cleverly done and I was left guessing throughout.
This is a very well written, fast paced, engaging story with great characters… I was drawn in and hooked from the beginning.
I can’t wait to read more from this author.
First read by this author; won't be the last.  Great characters. Story grabbed me at the start and didn't let up
Overall, I enjoyed this novel and it was quite engaging. It begins with a relatively straightforward concept: A woman answers the door and sees her husband's (presumed dead) first wife. To say more about the plot beyond that point would result in spoilers, but let me tell you, this is a twisty and wild ride! The narration alternates between the ex-wife and the current wife and this organization effectively creates tension with lots of chapter-ending cliffhangers. The action is like a snowball and picks up speed and intensity as the book continues. Some of the twists were things I predicted and some made me gasp out loud. I found the writing a bit awkward in places, but it never impeded my ability to get lost in the story itself.
I would recommend for fans of twisty domestic thrillers looking for a quick read, but people familiar with this genre may find aspects of this story unoriginal or predictable. Content warnings for discussion of kidnapping, rape, and psychological torture (not in detail, but mentioned several times)

Thank you to Thomas & Mercer, the author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this early in exchange for an honest review!
First off, I am a HUGE fan of Minka Kent. I was completely elated when I was approved to read and review Unmissing prior to its release date, February 15, 2022.

Every time I read another publication by Minka Kent I swear it is even better than the last. How is that possible when they are all 5 star ratings?

Minka Kent easily captivates your attention on page one. You become completely addicted to the turn of each page . I personally, can not get enough. Every novel has left me with a major book hangover .

Luca was once married to Lydia but about 10 years ago Lydia when missing and was declared dead after years of search and investigation. Flash forward to the present day, Luca has since moved on with Merritt, his second wife until one day Lydia shows up on the doorstep to their home.

What happened to Lydia?

You are going to have to pick up a copy of Unmissing to find out!

This novel is filled with plot twists and an ending you can not predict. Easily another 5 star rating, if you have not already pre-ordered this copy you need to do so now, thank me later. Enjoy book lovers!
#Unmissing #NetGalley
Wow.
Merritt Coletto and her husband, Luca, have the life they dreamed of: a coastal home, a promising future, and a growing family. That dream ends with a late-night knock on the door. Weak, broken, and emaciated, it’s Luca’s first wife, Lydia. Missing for ten years, presumed dead, and very much alive, she has quite a story. Her kidnapping. A torturous confinement that should’ve ended with her dead. And finally, escape. Racked with guilt over the beautiful life they’ve built, Merritt and Luca agree to help get Lydia back on her feet—it’s the least they can do.
But the more enmeshed Lydia becomes in Merritt’s family, the more questions Merritt has. What is it about Lydia that’s especially unnerving? Why hasn’t she gone to the police with her harrowing tale? What does she really want of them? The answers, when they come, are terrifying.
I didn't read such book before. Marvelous.
Thanks to NetGalley and Thomas Mercer for giving me an advanced copy.
I'm a Minka Kent fan so when I saw this on NetGalley as a "Read Now", I was excited.

What would you do if your husband's first wife that went missing 10 years prior and was presumed dead showed up at your doorstep ?  So begins this twisty tale...

Minka Kent has done it again with Unmissing.  I flew through this domestic thriller and enjoyed the twists.  More is revealed to the reader as the story unfolds.  Reading both wives points of view was intriguing and kept me guessing.  I enjoyed this book as I have enjoyed all of  her books and can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

A big thank you to Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for allowing me the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book!
What would you do if after 9 years your husbands first wife who was supposedly dead shows up on your doorstep? That is exactly what Merrit is faced with at the beginning of this twisty thriller. Things are not exactly what they seem as the novel unfolds. Merrit and Luca have what appears to be a perfect marriage, with each turn of the page things become more and more suspicious.
This was the first book I have read by this author and really enjoyed her writing style. She did a great job alternating the narrarator so you were constantly guessing who was guilty,who was innocent. The plot moved along quickly and did not drag at all. If you are looking for a great easy read that will keep you reading way past your bedtime, thiis is the book for you.
Thank you to Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Read this in 1 day! Quick and easy read! Full of suspense and a twist I did not see coming. I couldn't wait to finish but I didn't want it to end!
Thank you to the author, publisher, and Netgalley for the chance to read this 2022 release early.  I have only read one other book by  this author, but I’ll be looking for more. This was a psychological thriller from page 1 that didn’t disappoint. The storyline alternated between the 2 female leads and it was told in such a way to keep you guessing. I was surprised by the unexpected twist and didn’t see it coming.
Thank you so much Thomas & Mercer, ​NetGalley and Author for the amazing opportunity to read this awesome upcoming novel!

I have loved Minka Kent since reading The Stillwater Girls and Thinnest Air! Amazing books BTW!
So when I seen a new release coming by her I had to jump on it!

Unmissing is an intriguing, suspenseful thriller!
Excellent storytelling, good writing, and a plot that did not disappoint.
This was a captivating read for me, and sucked me in from this first page!
Kent never disappoints and this book didn't either!
Highly recommend!

Thanks again NetGalley, Publisher and Author for the chance to read and review this amazing book!
I'll post to my Social media platforms closer to pub date!
This was a lot better than I expected. Despite it being more psychological than action-oriented it kept me pretty well on the edge of my seat, needing to see how the story unfolded. I guessed some of the twists, but not all of them, and actually read the whole thing in less than a day.
Thank-you to Net Galley, the author, and publisher for providing the book free in exchange for an honest review.
4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Great book!! The title, the cover and the description pulled me right in and I was thrilled to get an advanced copy from NetGalley since this book will not be released until February 2022. I’m so glad I didn’t have to wait that long to read it. I love how the chapters switched back and forth between Lydia and Merritt. The author did a great job making you wonder who you really liked because honestly my feelings for Lydia and Merritt were both all over the place. First I felt pity for Lydia, then I didn’t like her, then I liked her again….and the same with Merritt, I was constantly changing my opinion on her character as well. A good mystery/thriller novel for me HAS to have twists or shockers that I did not see coming and this book definitely filled that requirement for me! I highly suggest this book for anyone who likes an intense page turner with an ending that will not disappoint!

Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review!

To see other reviews I’ve left, check out my Goodreads and Instagram pages:
*Goodreads - Cherihy808
*Instagram - bookworm_traveler808
I am a fan of this author, but not psychological thrillers.  This was a good story with the expected twists and turns.
Although there were the typical frustrations and questions about why certain characters did not act sooner, it was, overall, a good read and fit the genre.