Cover Image: The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti

The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti

This is a novel of family secrets set in Italy. I really enjoyed this novel. It is a light and breezy novel. It is filled with family drama and romance. The setting is very magical! Therefore, this makes a perfect beach read! I recommend this fans of Lucinda Riley, Joanne Harris, and Corina Bomann!
Thank you so much for the chance to read this book in advance but I tried several times to finish it but I’m just not feeling it. It’s a DNF for me but I hope people are having a good experience with it.
I loved this beautiful story of three estranged sisters and a romance that sends them to the Amalie Coast.

THE SECRET LOVE LETTERS OF OLIVIA MORETTI features sisters Priscilla, Devon and Bailey who became estranged after the death of their Mother Olivia. It’s through her letters that they discover she owned a home in Italy and has been exchanging letters with a mysterious man.

I just loved it from start to finish, and each character held a special place within the story. The Italian setting made the book complete and I’m gushing after reading!

*many thanks to Berkley/Netgalley for the gifted copy for review
Jennifer Probst + the Amalfi Coast + estranged sisters + family secrets? How could I resist? I loved this story of a lost love and complicated family dynamics between mothers and daughters and sisters. It tackles a lot of the same themes as "one Italian Summer" but Rebecca Searle but I enjoyed this book a lot more. Definitely grab a  copy for the beach - it's the perfect vacation read!
The Secret Letters of Olivia Moretti is a relatable story of self-discovery, strained relationships, regrets, and acceptance.  A perfect spring weekend read.

After discovering their mother’s secret love letters along with the deed to a property in Italy, Priscilla, Devon, and Bailey take a trip to find out more.  As if guided personally by their mother, these sisters will not only discover their mother’s past, they rediscover themselves.

Similar to Our Italian Summer, Probst touches on familial relationships with romance in the background. Probst did a magnificent job making everyone’s pov relatable. I will bet every reader will find themselves in one of these characters or situations at one point in their lives.  While I enjoyed the different POVs and relationships, I was engrossed with Olivia’s story and the hard choices she faced. It was both heartbreaking and beautiful.  This one is not one to miss.

I am curious if Probst has plans for Aunt Silvia’s Story. I bet hers is a colorful one.  I’ll have to wait and see.
Thanks to Berkley for an advanced copy of The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti.

This is such a wonderful book about sisters and family secrets in a beautiful Italian setting. It's heartbreaking at times but I loved the dual timeline and multiple points of view. I wanted to be in Italy reading this and the delicious food descriptions!

I recommend this if you love books about sisters, family secrets and Italian settings!
Three estranged sisters are cleaning out their mother's attic when they find a bundle of love letters. Priscilla, Devon and Bailey are traveling to the Amalfi Coast to find the writer.  The last letter promised to meet him on her 65th birthday but she never made to 65. As Priscilla, Devon, and Bailey unearth the truth, they also experience the magic of Italy, the power of sisterly love, a little unexpected romance, and newfound hope for the future.  Jennifer Probst is a familiar author and I enjoy her romances and family interaction.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I like Jennifer Probst and while I feel like this book was different than her other ones I still enjoyed it. She did a great job making me feel like I was there, but I felt like the story needed something more.
With all that is going on in the world right now, I am seeking out escapist books, and this one absolutely worked for me!  Thanks for the opportunity to preview the title.
Family drama on the Italian coast?  Yes, please!
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an e ARC of this book.
Position and the Amalfi cost lend a special magic. This book has some short comings but it definitely reflects this magic as it examines love and marriage and family. Delightful read.
Wow! It's been a while since I've read a book that made me think, feel and explore the world like this one did! The writing was beautifully descriptive, and it gave me the travel bug like none other. I loved following the three different perspectives and gaining insights into the family in different ways was super powerful. It was a immersive read, and I really enjoyed this. If you are a fan of multiple point of views, books with a historical and mystery subplot - I say take a chance on this one! I will definitely be reading more of this author in the future.
ARC for honest review with no compensation  Received from Valentine PR, NetGalley, Berkeley Publishing Group   4.5 stars

The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti by Jennifer Probst is a standalone story of 3 sisters who are settling their mother, Olivia’s estate when they find a box with letters, ownership papers for a home in Italy and letters from a mysterious man.  They decide to travel to Italy and uncover the secrets from the letters, discover who their mother was before they came along and discover the sisterly love they have been missing, along with some romance, healing, family and more…
I'm so in love with this one. The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti is such a heartwarming fantastic read. I could not put this one down. There is so much packed into this one that gives you such amazing heart squeezes. This is a story of three sisters and finding more about their mother after she dies that they did not know. Each sister has is so different and I love it so much. Pricilla, Bailey and Devon will each take a piece of you as they work to discover their mothers' secrets in Italy and grow together as siblings. Pricilla is the oldest and is going through life just content and knows things need to change some way. She misses her old life as a talented ballet dancer and wants more now that her son is out of the house. Bailey is the youngest and the most free spirited out of them. She is the artist and sees everything with rose colored glasses. Devon is the middle sister and probably the most organized by the schedule and everything needs to be done a certain way one. She is driven and focused on her career and has let the past mistakes overtake her. As you read you will see such a divide within the sisters until they take the trip to unravel their mothers mysterious love in Italy. You are going to love every step of this journey these sisters take. They reconnect, grow closer to their mother and grow individually in so many ways. This is a story of sisters, friendships and love. My heart just loves this one so much. You need to one click this one and meet Olivia and her daughters now.
Thank you to Netgalley and the author for a copy of this book.

I enjoyed the book.  Three daughters who are very different from each other meet up to clear out the house they grew up in, only to find a stack of love letters addressed to their deceased mother but it's not from their father.  Then they're off to Italy, to uncover the secrets their mother hid.

A little bit of historical fiction and a little bit of romance and little bit of women's fiction all wrapped up nicely in one little package.  Jennifer Probst did a wonderful job of keeping the reader's attention.

I will be looking up more titles from this author.
Thank you Berkley Publishing for the free ARC.

I ended up DNFing this book half way in so I will not be posting a review.
Thank you for the opportunity to read this novel. This wasn't the right book for me at this time and I was not able to finish and won't be leaving a full review.
I had so many emotions reading this book that it was hard to put down. The book is told from Olivia's point of view when she was a teenager and vacationing in Italy with her aunt. She meets Rafe and they are soulmates. Rafe and Olivia write letters back and forth for many years and she keeps all of them but hidden in a chest that her three daughters find after her unexpected death. Priscilla, Devon, and Bailey have grown apart through the years. When they discover that their mother also had inherited a home in Italy that was now theirs, they decide to see it and probably sell it. They are also intrigued that their mother had written to "R" as Rafe was referred to in the letters. They want to try to find him and figure out more about their mother. The sisters not only find out more about their mother but themselves, too. They each have their own problems but learn to share again with each other. This was such a wonderful book with the descriptions of the country and the food. I'm still thinking about it days after I finished. Jennifer Probst really knows how to write these types of stories that aren't just romance. I received an advance copy to read early and I'm leaving my honest review.
Honestly, this entire book felt like a love letter. A bittersweet love letter about family and what could’ve been and finding yourself.

Three mostly estranged sisters discover that their mother has a house in Italy after she unexpectedly passes away. While going through her things, they discover a box full of love letters. In an attempt to connect with their mother one last time, and get to know the woman she was they travel to Italy.

Each sister agrees to go to Italy for different reasons, but they’re each attempting to heal a part of them. As the sisters begin to trace their mother’s life in Italy, they begin to reconnect with each other. As they open up and forgive each other and themselves, they embrace the changes in their life.  I don’t think I’m making the book justice with my words.
From the first paragraph, I knew this book would be a good one. I immersed myself into the book from the first chapter and I cannot say enough good things about this book! Honestly amazing! The writing is incredible and the plot is just one to die for. I am absolutely obsessed with this book. My favorite part would have to be the character development throughout the book. Character development is something I look forward to and this book did not disappoint.
I'm an avid fan of Jennifer Probst and was pleasantly surprised with the change of pace for this novel.

Olivia, Priscilla, Devon, and Bailey are all fleshed out, and wonderful characters who bring a balance to the story. All of them have challenges they need to overcome, and are unaware of how much they need answers. This is a true story of how sisters can become lost, but find themselves again when they come together, especially at a romantic mystery of their mother,

The constant perspective shift was jarring, initially but it was nice to get more introspection into each character, and how they perceived themselves and how others saw them.