Cover Image: The Mother's Fault

The Mother's Fault

This is a slow paced but engaging thriller. There are plenty of twists throughout to keep the reader guessing.
An enjoyable read that I’d recommend.
Thank you so very much to the author, Nicole Trope, the publishing company, Bookouture and NetGalley for an early read for my honest review.

I loved this storyline, and this was just another book from one of my favorite new authors.   This one kept me reading from page 1 to the end, and that's hard to do these days.

Her writing puts so much emotion into the pages, and I always look forward to turning the page to see what's coming up next.   This psychological thriller was one not to miss, and Nicole Trope never disappoints.

Thank you for being an author and for giving us the joy of your writing.
An absolutely brilliant thriller, I didn’t want to stop reading! The storyline pulls at the heartstrings, missing children are always a gamble, this one paid off big time!  Very well done!

Huge thanks to Bookouture and Nicole Trope, congratulations on a great thriller!
Intense but fantastic

Beverly and her son, Riley, live a happy life. Beverly sometimes finds life as a single mother difficult, but she wouldn’t change it for the world. Sadly, she has just spit up with her boyfriend Ethan as she can’t let him get too close as he may discover her big secret. Unfortunately, Beverly doesn’t realise that someone else has their sights on Riley and wants to steal him away from her. Can she keep him safe when she doesn’t know who the enemy is?

This book was so good. Things started heating up in chapter 3 when there was a mysterious narrator. This person reminded me of creepy Joe in “You”, continuously planning and plotting. At around halfway I was sure I knew who the mysterious narrator was, but of course I was wrong as I found out who it really was in the last bit of the book. The changing POV did drive me crazy but in a good way as there was much more suspense that way. The last quarter of the book was extremely intense but also brilliant and I couldn’t put it down. I definitely did not expect the twist!

All in all, I really enjoyed this book. I didn’t think that the psychopath in the last book I read could be worse, but this book showed me they could! The character was very accurately described as “chilling” by the author, and I whole heartedly agree.
3.5 Stars

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The Mother's Fault is a well written, slow paced psychological thriller full of family drama and strongly developed characters.

This was my initial introduction to Nicole Trope's novels and I'm so glad that I stumbled across her work. I was pleasantly surprised by the unpredictable and shocking twists of this suspenseful story and can honestly say that I didn't see them coming.  As a seasoned thriller reader, this is quite the feat.

Beverly is a young single mother quietly raising her spunky 8 year old son Riley on her own. Soon they begin receiving mysterious packages in the mail addressed to Riley. Although Beverly finds this to be slightly suspicious, she doesn't give it too much thought until one afternoon Riley suddenly goes missing. She must quickly decide if she can disclose her most classified secrets in order to save her son.

Full of red herrings and classic thriller twists, I recommend this book to fans of Sally Hepworth and Sue Watson.
3 for neutral.  Unfortunately, this one just wasn’t for me.  I think it just wasn’t the right time for me to read it, and will update if able to finish at a later date.  Missing kids are a bit rough for me at times, especially when done well.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.
This was a psychological thriller about a stolen child. However I found this book well written with some twists but too long winded at times and unfortunately didn’t enjoy it that much .3 stars
OMG! This book is the definition of a page turner!! It kept me so engrossed and I couldn’t stop reading! I thought I KNEW who the kidnapper was, but then quickly discovered I was so so wrong!! I felt every emotion alongside Beverly as she was searching for her son, Riley! My heart was breaking for her. This is one that any thriller lover should pick up!
An amazing psychological thriller that will not dissapoint, I was so gripped by this book, loved the twists and turns.
This was an interesting story but for some reason I couldn’t get into it and I can’t really say why but if you like these type of books it’s a good read.
Good book with lots of twists and turns, very intense but fantastic! A psychological thriller that doesn’t disappoint and a book I couldn’t put down.
The Mother’s Fault is a good psychological thriller that has a good deal of red herrings.
Beverley is mother to Riley they live together in a house in a good neighbourhood, Beverley loves Riley more than anything to the point where she pushes anyone who gets close away. Why does she do this and why does she not really get involved with the other school mums, choosing to keep herself to herself. Making tea one evening Beverley looks into the garden where Riley spends his time after school and he’s not there. Frantic she has to call the police and disclose that someone has been leaving her son gifts in the postbox in the morning. Riley’s father is dead so who could have been doing this?
This was a good psychological thriller that had me turning the pages as quickly as I could. I liked Beverly and felt this helped enormously in this book. The book is mainly told from Beverley’s POV but it is interspersed with Riley as well which helped.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for this ARC I received in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you so much for the chance to read The Mother’s Fault.

Really enjoyed this gripping thriller.
Completely consuming and tense. So easy to get lost in and caught up in the nail biting world of

Love the different perspectives. You get to know each character (or think you do!).
Thought I had it all sussed at one point but my theory was unravelled bit by bit.

Wholesome ending with all pierces of the puzzle put together and questions answered.

I’ll be looking out for Nicola’s books in future!
I dove into this novel and didn't pull my head out until the end. It is a suspenseful read about a single mother and her eight-year-old son, Riley, in Australia. The picture of a loving mother cooking spaghetti supper while Riley runs around the backyard is warm and comforting. When Riley goes looking for their neighbor Sam's dog, Scotty, the picture-perfect life setting goes ice cold. Riley disappears.

Beverley had just broken up with Ethan and wants to make it a clean break, so she doesn't respond to calls or texts. When wrapped gifts begin showing up in her mailbox, she assumes they are from Ethan. Riley and Ethan got along so well, and he would make a great father for Riley, but Beverley can never commit to a serious relationship. She has too many secrets to keep, and no one can ever find out the truth about her and Riley.

The wrenching chapters of Beverley and the police trying to find Riley are well crafted and kept me on the edge of my seat. When a new POV character enters the narrative, I had no idea who the person could be. The tension and chance of violence create a perfect page-turner.

I appreciated the epilogues that so few authors give the reader. I needed to know the answers to so many of the questions that the plot posed. Ms. Trope skillfully created questions and generously gave me the answers. I highly recommend the book to new readers of this author.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the ARC.
This book is a great read!
It's difficult to comment without giving too much away, suffice to say that Beverly had a very tough start in life and really needed the support of her brother James - he stepped up. But who would care for James?
Young Riley was loved, but there were secrets, big secrets, about him that he would learn later in his life.
Enough said, I would recommend you read this book.
This author never disappoints. I'd read anything written by her. She infuses every book she writes with suspense, tension and most of all heart. This one was no different. Absolutely loved this book.
This is another excellent psychological thriller from Nicole Trope. I have really enjoyed all her books and this one doesn’t disappoint. So many twists, turns and red herrings it will certainly keep you on your toes!
I discovered Nicole Trope on Netgalley  earlier this year and was so excited when I saw she had another book available! Thank you to Bookouture for my gifted digital copy of “The Mother’s Fault.”

“The Mother’s Fault” is a bit slower burn than “The Family Across the Street,” but it’s still a quick, engrossing read. Beverly, a single mom, is frustrated by the gifts her ex-boyfriend continues to send her son, 8-year-old Riley — or at least she thinks it’s her ex behind the gifts.

Beverly is cooking dinner for Riley when he goes missing — and suddenly, she’s forced to reckon with the secrets she’s kept from Riley.

I really liked this one, and I will read anything Nicole Trope writes in the future!
The Mother’s Fault started off a bit slow but once the pace picked up it got a lot more interesting. I never saw any of the twists coming and I have to admit I was blaming the most obvious character. I absolutely love how this book ended and it was my favourite part.
A really interesting domestic thriller with unexpected results! I loved how the events from the past unfolded all while keeping the biggest secret in the dark until the very end.