Cover Image: The Little Women Devotional

The Little Women Devotional

A nice companion to Little Women, particularly for parents reading aloud with their children. The illustrations are a lovely inclusion as well. As an adult devotional I thought it was good but ultimately lacking in the depth for things that would have as long lasting impact as the novel itself. There were a couple of chapters that seemed to struggle as the author sought to find the "teachable moment" for the devotional's shtick.
How many of you consider Little Women as one of the most beloved books of all time? I certainly do and now, there is a wonderful companion to Louisa May Alcott's masterpiece. Author Rachel Dodge offers readers The Little Women Devotional, and it is absolutely beautiful! There are 47 devotions and I was immediately transported back to the first time that I read Little Women. Each devotion has a snippet from the book, and these scenes are followed by an inspiring devotion, a suggestion for applying it to our own life, and an appropriate prayer. Best of all, each devotion has a colorful illustration that is reminiscent of the original Little Women.

As I read these devotionals, I was reminded of the wisdom and inspiration that was included in Little Women, but I now have a greater appreciation for Marmee, Mr. March, and the four March sisters. It's very apparent that Dodge treasured them also, and she's penned a memorable tribute! The Little Women Devotional is absolutely lovely, and it's now been added to my shelf of favorite devotionals. It reminds me of my youth, it encourages me to return to the values of a simpler and gentler time, and it inspires a closer walk with God. Reading it is an emotional trip down memory lane, and I look forward to sharing this book with my family and friends!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author and Barbour Publishing, but I also purchased another copy. I was under no obligation to post a review. These are my own thoughts.
I have been eager to get my hands on one of Rachel Dodge’s literature linked devotionals for a while now, so I was thrilled to read this one that connects to one of my favorite classic novels, Little Women. It’s perfect to read along with a chapter of the novel a day or by itself as I did. The book itself is beautiful. Petite but sturdy, and the illustrations are darling. I already can’t wait to read it again! It’s definitely going to be something I consider as a gift for my reader friends.

I received a complimentary copy of this book; a positive review was mot required, and these are my honest thoughts and opinions.
I love this one so much! The devos are so sweet and enlightening and the illustrations are just breakthtaking. It feels like one of those books that will def become a family treasure. Can't wait to get my little students their own copies.
This book is a beautiful companion to Little Women. Filled with Scriptures and gorgeous pictures to go along with each chapter, reading this along with Little Women was such a treat!

Little Women is one of my all-time favorites and what Rachel Dodge did, with providing Scripture and encouragement to go along with each chapter was incredibly enriching.

Rachel Dodge did a beautiful job in making me rediscover and love one of my favorites all over again.
I was so excited to find out about this book. And it didn’t disappoint. It is so encouraging, and I love the way each devotional piece corresponds to a chapter in Little Women. It was a lot of fun to read through a chapter of Little Women and then read the corresponding devotional. There are some adorable illustrations included throughout the book as well. It’s a devotional you could read over again and still gain some new insights. I’m planning to read it again and journal my thoughts for each day as I read through the book.

I think this book is perfect for literature enthusiasts as well as anyone who enjoys Little Women.
Author Rachel Dodge has, once again, delivered an outstanding literary devotional that ties the dear story of the March family to the best story, God’s Word! This chapter by chapter companion to Louisa May Alcott’s beloved classic is filled with rich daily devotionals that will encourage your soul and call you to a deeper relationship with the One who made and loves you. The March family is one of my very favorites and rereading it with a focus on biblical truths, personal application, and scripture makes it even dearer to me. I didn’t think that was possible! And isn’t that cover delightful?? I sincerely hope we see many more literary devotionals from from this author!
When I found out that Rachel Dodge had written another devotional, this time Little Women, I knew I had to have it. I already own her Anne of Green Gables and Praying with Jane devotionals.

This sweet little devotional is amazing. The illustrations are beautiful and so fun. At the end of each day there is a section for “personal application” and “prayer for today”. These sections help you to look inside yourself and apply scripture to your daily life.

Little Women has always been one of my favorite classics. It has brought joy and sorrow each time I have read it and this little devotional makes it even better. If you are a Little Women fan also, I would definitely recommend this book.
Rachel Dodge has done it again. Creating quality biblical truth using classic reads as its base. I love that she explores the word of Christ in different ways to inspire us.
Beautifully put together and a delight to explore.
I was so excited when I found out that Rachel Dodge had written a devotional based on Little Women! The Little Women Devotional: A Chapter-by-Chapter Companion to Louisa May Alcott’s Beloved Classic by Rachel Dodge is one of the best devotional books I have ever read. Ms. Dodge goes through each chapter of Little Women and focuses on a spiritual aspect that she learns from the chapter. Each devotion includes a Bible verse at the beginning of the devotion and it’s end, a quote from that particular chapter in Little Women that helps set up the devotion thought, a devotion thought on that particular chapter, a personal application, and a prayer for the day.

There is nothing about the Little Women Devotional that I do not love–I loved every single page from beginning to end. I used the Little Women Devotional as part of my personal devotion time. Every single word that Ms. Dodge wrote ministered to me and was exactly what I needed to read at the time that I read it.

I appreciated that Ms. Dodge did not did not shy away from Biblical Truth’s and that each devotion gave you things to really think about to help you grow in your relationship Christ. The illustrations add a sweet touch to the devotional. If you are looking for good, well-rounded devotional with sound, Biblical Truth then I highly recommend The Little Women Devotional: A Chapter-by-Chapter Companion to Louisa May Alcott’s Beloved Classic by Rachel Dodge! (I also highly recommend the other devotionals that Ms. Dodge has written!)

Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read this book.  My review is also on Goodreads and my blog, Leslie's Library Escape.
I love this devotional! I'm a huge fan of Little Women and Rachel has creatively tied the beloved classic to the truth of the Gospel. Each chapter takes key takeaways from Little Women and helps you think about your own identity in Christ. It is the perfect addition to your morning routine to ensure you start each day with the hope we have in Jesus. From pre-teens to adults, this devotional is perfect for women of any age.
The Little Women Devotional by Rachel Dodge gives readers 47 days (plus one bonus) of devotional readings with their favorite characters of the book Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott.

Like her previous devotionals, The Little Women Devotional pairs scenes of the beloved book with Bible verses, connecting the two on multiple levels and then giving the reader a more personal application to their own lives. These not only make us think about The Little Women in a different light, but also gives us ways to think about our own thoughts and actions each day.

Many days were lightbulbs for me! So many times I found myself shaking my head YES YES! I enjoyed the excerpts and then the personal applications really help me to apply these passages to my own life. Not even to mention how adorable the illustrations are! Again, Rachel Dodge shows her talent and knowledge of scripture to be able to put this together so nicely. Great job!!
Rachel Dodge's Little Women Devotional is an absolute delight. The author clearly has a strong grasp on the characters in the novel, and her devotional rings true to Alcott's characters. The devotional provides a beautiful, nuanced look at Scripture in connection with the various scenes and storylines of Little Women. I particularly loved the collection of Marmee quotations at the end of the devotional. I can't wait to give this devotional as a gift for the Little Women lovers in my life!
Little Women was one of my favorite books growing up. I was pleasantly surprised with the devotional. Many times those based on books are a disappointment but not so with this one.  The individual devotions corresponded to the chapters in the book.  The language and artwork drew one into the devotions and helped bring one closer to God.  I highly recommend this devotional and will definitely be one that I refer back to.  I thank Netgalley for an advanced copy. A review was not recommended.
The Little Women Devotional by Rachel Dodge is like Marmee is giving you a warm hug. Cozy and poignant, you can tell the author loves Little Women and wanted to honor the lessons it teaches and expand upon them. The devotional is beautifully formatted with details and sweet illustrations. Each daily devotion has a simple layout--it briefly goes over a quote scene from Little Women, a personal application, then a short prayer and Bible verse. This would be a great book for families or friends to do together, but also lovely for personal reflection. Perfect for young people and adults alike!
Thank you, Netgalley and the author/publisher, for the opportunity to read and review an advanced reader's copy of this book. This in no way affects my review, all opinions are my own.

What a cute book!!!! This was such a cute take on a devotional. I loved the format, the messages, the illustrations! This is a wonderful devotional to work through while at the same time reading the respective chapters in the novel. It really makes you stop, reflect, and see the deeper meaning chapters in novels can have when we take the time to ponder on them!
This book was sent to me electronically for review by Netgalley.  This is a sweet book...Using passages from LITTLE WOMEN, from the Bible...explaining...I like this book...will buy it as a gift for my granddaughter, a teen, when this is released.  Try this one.  Unique and fantastic.
This devotional is absolutely beautiful and would pair nicely with a copy of the Little Women book for a young lady in your life!

I liked how each individual devotion focused on a specific chapter from Little Women and encourages the reader to see how the Lord sees them as His cherished daughter.

The artwork is gorgeous and I found it to have solid life application. I definitely recommend!

***Thank you to the publisher, author, and Netgalley for the digital ARC of this book. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own.***
by Rachel Dodge examines faith and spiritual learning through the classic Alcott novel. By going chapter by chapter, Dodge offers a sweet devotional that embraces the novel and uses it as a guide.

Over the course of 47 days, Dodge examines each chapter of the classic novel, citing famous scenes and illustrating the faith and love of God that shows giving examples of ways to implement the lessons in daily life. She also includes a prayer that can be personalized for each day.

I loved that Dodge included illustrations as she did in her previous devotional that focused on Anne of Green Gables. I also loved that the book focused on the love of the March family and their striving for a better, more faithful life.

While it seems as if the book is geared towards more towards the young adult market, lovers of all ages can relate to the stories being told and the lessons Dodge presents. I look forward to more devotionals by Dodge in the future.

Note: I received an advance reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley and the publishers.
Fans of Little Women are in for a treat with this little devotional. Formatted similarly to her Anne of Green Gables devotional, Rachel Dodge mixes excerpts from Little Women with a scripture-based devotion on topics relevant both to the March sisters and to people today.  Each devotion ends with a thoughtful prayer, and the illustrations interspersed throughout the book are beautiful.  I especially enjoyed the topics of family and joy, since those topics are an absolutely perfect to a Little Women theme.

Thanks go to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.