Cover Image: Blind Date

Blind Date

I was really excited to get this book. Such a great plot. The only downside was I that I found it to be a bit predictable at times. The ending was really what made the book for me.
In Wendy Clarke’s Blind Date, this dark psychological thriller is so twisted, enough to make your head spin right after you finish. For Melanie Abbott, a DJ presenter at a morning radio host, it all started for her when she’s been moved to the ll; ate Night shift and taking over the recent host. She’s been warned about it, though it intrigued her to her those Midnight Confessions from the callers. To make maters worse, her ex had moved on with his latest girlfriend and wanted her to move into their home. So she needed to move out and to find out a place of her own. To cheer her up, her two friends and co-workers, Chris and Simon, wanted to take her out and treat her while Chris wanted to set her up on a blind date with somebody. When she decided to do that, she met Malik, though he wasn’t her “blind date”. Their chemistry was off the charts when it was most than lust at first sight. He had something dark and disturbing about him. Strange things had happened to her while she worked at the radio station including a regular caller named “Natalie”, who she might’ve had a strange connection with, even when she took it off air. Things got complicated with Malik’s dark moods and how her co-workers acted strangely toward her including menacing threats and text messages. That’s when she brought the police in to investigate while a ruthless caller wanted her to “confess” her own sin. And in the end, when things couldn’t have gotten better for her in a normal routine, it had a dark shocking twist of its own.

This psychological thriller is dark, twisted, and spine-tingling, that would keep you up all night.  I cared for Melanie on how she’d gotten over her way with Malik and how she’d gotten too attached to “Natalie.” I became a bit wary of Malik, Chris, Nathan, and Simon altogether. They all acted strange toward her to keep me guessing who was the true culprit.  The locations set around London in and around itself was idealistic and picture perfect, day or night. The theme of the story is be careful on who you tell your dark secrets to before it would be revealed to others.

This twisted psychological thriller will send you chills right after you finish reading. I couldn’t find anything to nitpick on. I rated this book, four out of five stars for no reason. If you love dark psychological thrillers will twists and turns that would keep you all night with non-stop action, plenty of dramatic suspense, and lots of gasping surprises, Blind Date is the perfect book for you. This book is recommended for those who love dark psychological thrillers and goose-pimpling drama movies and TV shows.
Melanie, a radio host, is set up on blind date by her co-hosts of the Morning Show.  While she meets a guy who she thinks is the blind date, it is actually someone else.  Someone mysterious who she instantly feels a connection with.  Is he her dream man or worst nightmare?  There are many twists and turns and guessing about who is telling the truth.
I received an eARC of Blind Date by Wendy Clarke from Bookouture and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
4 stars! I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book because the MC was frustrating in the beginning. I'm glad I stuck with it because the book is wild. Overall an engaging read and well-written.
Blind Date by Wendy Clarke was another excellent book. I was hooked from the very beginning till the end. Wendy has a way of telling a story that will just have you hooked. It was Full of great twists and turns throughout that leave you gasping. Another brilliant read.Wendy's books are just amazing books and just an excellent read.

I highly recommend this book, I loved it.

Thank you to Netgalley, bookouture publishing and Wendy Clarke the author for the digital advanced copy in exchange for my fair and honest review.
Now whilst I enjoyed this one I found it also gave other emotions... frustration being the main one.

The reason for the frustration... the main character Melanie not seeing what is blindingly obvious in front of her and acting oblivious to it! If some strange man started acting like a psycho you'd run a mile and never look back.. wouldn't you?

I really liked the setting of the late night radio station, hearing what happens behind the scenes and the dark nature of it did give that feeling of foreboding right into focus. The majority of us listen or have listened to late night 'call in' radio stations so that most definitely helped with visualising the scene.

The title which initially grabbed my attention was actually a very small part of the story. This is a tale more about infatuation and jealousy.

It was definitely a predictable read BUT an enjoyable read all the same.

3.5*

Thank you to netgalley and Bookouture for the ARC. The
A psychological thriller about a divorced radio host set up on a blind date with a stranger. The story had promise but I did not enjoy the characters.
Wow, what a book!!  My second read by this author and just as good.  I enjoyed all the twists and turns and the setting was appropriately creepy.  Thanks to Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book
Sadly I was unable to finish this book. It was greatly written however it just didn't capture my attention.

I will always give a minimum of 3 stars, because I don't believe a DNF deserves anything less simply because it failed to grab my attention.

From what I read, I would definitely give another of Wendy Clarke's books a try.
To start off I was so invested in this storyline even if it was fairly slow paced but I did think that fitted with the storyline to begin with. But as the storyline progressed the pace didn’t and it seems to just be moving at a snails pace with not much happening to keep your attention. 3/4’s of the way in things started to pick up and it had my attention again. Clarke has a great style of writing and I really liked how she reveals the story. Well developed characters that I had my eye on all of them but when it came to Melanie’s character I just wanted to give her such a good shake. I hate when characters refuse to see what’s in front of them. For such a build up I found the outcome very underwhelming and was left somewhat disappointed not to mention feeling a bit like I was left hanging 🤦‍♀️.

3.5/5 🌟🌟🌟/🌟

Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review this ARC that was published on the 29th of Oct 2021.
This was a good read.  Despite the fact the characters in the book were not that likeable, it was still a well written and exciting read. The ending is very cleverly done and is the last few chapters are very gripping.
I unfortunately wanted so much more from this book than I got.  I've read many books that were reminiscent of this one based on the description, but I did not enjoy this one as much.  I found the characters to be unlikeable and choices made drove me crazy.  I couldn't get wrapped up into this book.
What a thriller.

This was a very disturbing but good read.

Thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish and could not get enough of.

This is a must read for anyone who enjoys a good thriller!!
Absolutely loved the characters, the plot, the tension -  impossible to put it down.
Certainly recommended!
Well this has been quite a read, one might describe it as a twisty, slow and fast rollercoaster all in one turn.  The story began relatively slow, but that is down to the build up, setting the scene, getting to know the individual characters.

The story was well written, lots of twists and turns, there was a small element of predictability which almost let the story down, but then when the end of the story unravelled itself and that unexpected last twist came to light, well I was like, oh okay, totally didn’t see that one coming.  That ending alone is like nothing I’ve come across before in any other psychological thriller story I’ve read.

As for the characters, some of which were just brilliant, you literally spend majority of the story not knowing who to believe, who is lying and who is telling the truth. That alone certainly kept the story engaging, trying to figure it all out before the ending was revealed to its readers.

So if you’ve been wondering whether to give Wendy Clarke’s books a go, then all I can say is don’t delay any further, go her a try, as if you love psychological thrillers you’ll not regret it.
The book made me never to want to go on a blind date. It was creepy where I was scared for Mel when she appeared to be locked in by Malik her blind date from previous night.
This was a slow burn thriller with not so likable characters. I enjoyed reading sections of it. It was dark in some parts too. Overall, a good read.
This book was interesting and unlike any other psychological thriller I've read. It held my attention from the first page and even though I thought I figured it out, I did not see anything about that ending coming! Would love to read more by Wendy Clarke!
An absolutely remarkable thriller depicting the dangers of online dating and the dangerous plight of the protagonist as a result. Loved it!
I had mixed feelings about this book in the beginning, first it was a bit slow, but I guess that was a good thing because it built up anticipation, and second, the main character,  she's 38 acting 14, making dumb choices and getting upset and stubborn when someone tries to knock some sense into her which was super frustrating.

But the second half of the book was so gripping I couldn't stop reading, it was full of unexpected twists, I had one tiny twist figured out but that's because the hints were already there, just waiting to be uncovered.

I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't wait to read more of the author's work.

Thank you @netgalley & @bookouture for this ARC in exchange for an honest review💕
Lots of secrets and twists, all piling on top of each other towards the end. A bit slow at the start, and generally very dark, joyless and gloomy, with much of the action taking place in a radio station setting that never really grabbed my attention. Everyone is a possible suspect and it seems nobody, not even friends, can be trusted. Ok, but not as gripping as I had hoped it would be.
Wow! Wow! And Wow!!
This has to be one of the best Physcological Thrillers I’ve read in a while! To say it kept me hooked is a complete understatement!
I have loved every page of this story and the setting in which it is done, and I have gasped outloud on several occasions as I read it.
If you love a great storyline with quite a few twists along the way, then I would highly recommend this book.