Cover Image: The Busy Woman’s Guide to Murder

The Busy Woman’s Guide to Murder

** spoiler alert ** I just did not connect with this book. I did not really like the characters, I felt like I was missing out on a lot because I hadn't read the previous books, and the behaviors of some of the characters was bizarre. I have to admit that I did not guess who the culprit was, and I was so surprised, so that always gets points, but I almost didn't care by the time I got there. And the ending with Charlotte and Jack was just so casual. Not really what I think of happening when you declare your love for one another.

Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
Lots of twists and turns in this book that I didn't see coming. This book was great! I couldn't put this down. It got a little unrealistic at the end when they're calling 911 and they hang up on her, but other than that, great story. Excited for the next book in this series!
Once again I loved the organizational tips at the start of each chapter. The mystery kept me guessing and I wasn't expecting who did it. Everything was tied up nicely and there was a lot going on throughout the book

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Spring doesn't seem to want to arrive in Woodbridge, could it get any worse?  If you're Charlotte Adams, the answer is always, "Yes, it can".  Sadly the 911 operator that Charlotte seems to call often has turned the tables and calls Charlotte, telling her that the queen of the high school bullies is back in town.  This sends Mona over the deep end when some of them start turning up dead in hit and run accidents.  Now Charlotte has to not only find Mona, but also a killer, even if it is Mona.

The fifth entry in this series is just as good as the previous four and I can't get enough of it.  From the misfits to the high strung pups, what's not to love when it's wrapped up in a solid whodunit?  A great series for any mystery lover!
I'm so glad that Mary Jane Maffini's A Charlotte Adams Mystery series is continuing.  Charlotte is a delightful, though somewhat flawed character.  Her surrounding cast of characters are so engaging, and the background into their longtime friendship was expertly explored in 'The Busy Woman's Guide to Murder.'  Although Charlotte may seem frivolous at times, she is in fact a multi-faceted deep and thoughtful person who is extremely loyal.  This book deals with the painful subject of bullying, in this case especially severe.  I was thrilled with the ending and look forward to the upcoming new book.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
This is a fully revised edition of a book originally published in 2011.

This has quickly become one of my favourite cozy series!

I am guaranteed to enjoy reading a book in this series. Great characters that I cannot get enough of, and always a whodunit that keeps me guessing with great twists!

I truly hope there will be further books in this series.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Emergency Call…?
The fifth in the ‘Charlotte Adams Professional Organizer’ Mystery series and Charlotte is faced with a 911 call for assistance from Mona. Whilst trying her best to help her friend, and make her see sense, the question of murder suddenly raises its ugly head and Charlotte becomes embroiled in an investigation that’s way too close to home. A lighthearted and entertaining read and a fitting addition to the series
I truly enjoy the Charlotte Adams series and I think this was my favorite in the series! I loved the ending!!
I had a little bit of a hard time warming up to this one — I didn’t find the characters particularly appealing. But it was a mostly fun, fast read, not as ‘cozy’ as I first assumed (!), and includes some tips on organizing and time management; as well as what looks like a yummy recipe for lemon bars. Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for making this advance copy available for review.
What a fantastic addition to the series! In fact, The Busy Woman's Guide to Murder is my new favorite in the series. I really enjoyed reading this one.

The mystery behind the murders with a hit-and-run MO kept me guessing till the end. The identity of the killer was a huge shocker. It goes without saying Mary Jane is a master storyteller and I am a huge fan of her writing.

The Busy Woman's Guide to Murder is an engrossing and completely entertaining cozy mystery. If you love quirky cozies, you might want to give this book a read.
It's April in Woodbridge but it's snowing! Despite this, and wanting to diversify a little, professional organizer Charlotte Adams is offering two different courses at her local library designed to help others get their lives into some sort of routine. Charlotte is still helping private clients with their problems, of course, including a local woman with a pristine home until you get to the kitchen, but everything goes on hold when she receives an unexpected phone call.

Mona Pringle is the 911 operator Charlotte always seems to speak with when she has a problem but now the tables have turned and Mona is calling Charlotte in a panic. One of the nightmares from her past has returned, the queen bee of the St Judes school bullies is back in town, and Mona wants revenge. As things quickly escalate, people start dying, and Charlotte, along with schoolfriends Pepper, Sally, Margaret, and Jack, try to find the missing Mona and prevent any more deaths. Things are never as simple as they sound for Charlotte and she soon finds herself in a heap of trouble and it's still snowing!

This is the fifth outing in this entertaining series and probably my favourite so far. Slightly different to those preceding it the author has added an awareness of how the past alters our perception of the present to give a more hard-hitting storyline this time around. The main protagonists all play their part and there were a nice amount of hints at what is to come for Charlotte and her group of misfits.

I was able to read a copy of this book thanks to NetGalley and the publishers but the opinions expressed are my own. I enjoyed this very much and the good cosy crime series it is a part of.
Professional Organizer Charlotte Adams doesn't have much time to attend to her business in Mary Jane Maffini's The Busy Woman's Guide to Murder which is the fifth book in the Charlotte Adams Professional Organizer Mystery series. Charlotte is too busy trying to save her friend 911 operator Mona who is freaked out because the nasty bully from her youth has returned to Woodbridge. A series of hit and run fatalities seems to be tied to Charlotte's St. Jude High School class. I liked Charlotte's tenacity in trying to help her friend and her quick thinking during crucial moments. This was an enjoyable cozy mystery.

I received an ARC and am happy to provide a honest review.